Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Mephedrone Thread (4-mmc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard of other deaths, linked to possible other reasons. These are apparently directly linked to 4mmc. Interested to know actual cause of death and dosages taken. I personally stopped about a month ago because of the unknown toxicity.
That said I never used more than 400mg in session and never felt out of control. At that level it did feel pretty safe.

Last edited:
^ Just saw the report on ten news just now! So sad to see young people die :(

voluntary self-abuse

Just Saw this and thought it might be appropriate to this Thread

A TEENAGER charged with ordering a deadly new drug over the internet has sparked the first Australian case of its kind in a Darwin court.

So there is a statute prohibiting "ordering a deadly new drug over the internet"? Does anybody know what he was actually charged for - because I read in a few places that he admitted to importing mephedrone which is a derivative of methcathinone.

Very nice to come clean young man, but mephedrone is NOT a derivative of methcathinone. It is a derivative of alpha-bromo-4-methylpropiophenone. I mean, why do you voluntarily suffer punishment if you have not committed a crime? First, they have to show that you broke some law - then you can plead guilty.

So what law did the boy break?

On a google search of ban mephedrone it says that the UK is trying to get a quick ban on March 29th. Anyone else hear that?

Yeah read that on a link on the previous page about the death of the two young guys in the uk. Typical media hysteria seems to be putting pressure on the uk authorities to do something quickly.
There should be some type of control on a drug of this nature, not sure criminalizing it is the way to go.

hmmmm.... mephedrone (CNS stimulant) + methadone (CNS depressant) = a cocktail for cardio-pulmonary failure, one should think....

if a substance has a proven track record of producing so many ill side-effects, its prohibition is a welcome move if you ask me.

not to mention, more seizures ought to mean less cheap, immo version shit to be passed off as MDxx (I have noticed a reduction in this trend over the last few months, despite being on the sidelines of the party populus, my feelers are always out)

Last edited:
The hysteria surronding this drug is now firmly out of control. And it will only increase the number of people who want to try it, as is often the case.

It is staggering that the early misleading reports into what happened have resulted in them rushing through a ban which is going to happen in a week. The conspiracy theorist in me suspects certain important people released limited information about this case knowing the effect it would have. It was the sort of sad story they were waiting for. Although a ban was eventually inevitable, as is the introduction of the specific substance into schedule 9 in this country, which means the end of the road for any "grey" area argument (if there was one).

The people over there are going nuts about this and I suspect many, many people are going to be sitting on little mountains of it for months or even years to come. For their own use of course.

Did anyone else just catch the 'Miaow' segment on the Kerri Anne Kennerley Morning Show??

Nope sorry bro, but I'd love to hear some of the details.
I'm interested to see how its currently viewed by most people. Most of my friends still have very little or no idea what it is.

On a google search of ban mephedrone it says that the UK is trying to get a quick ban on March 29th. Anyone else hear that?

The papers are rife with discussion on this. The 29th is the date that the ACMD is to present its appraisal of mephedrone to the home office. The home office is allowed to pass legislation only after that happens.

But they have said that due to Nutt and other members leaving the ACMD they cannot give a proper opinion or something like that...

(pssst... I'm a woman... lol)

Can someone please change the little bit under my name, where it says Bluelighter, to 'bears ovaries'....? ;)

More or less they just launched it off the back of the two recent deaths to have happened in the UK (no mention of the fact methadone was also involved), and how dangerous and prevalent it was over there because it hadn't been outlawed yet. They described it as being a stimulant drug (initially likening it to meth and speed, before noting that users had referred to it as a cross between coke and ecstacy)/an ideal choice for all-night partying, particularly due to its comparatively low price; talked about the recent import seizures, how it had been getting sent through initially (plant fertiliser/growth mix) via the mail... don't think the recent case was actually mentioned though.

I can't believe they're calling it Miaow. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.