Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The MDxx Discussion Thread Number 3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue, and apparently around the 200mg mark, seems a little high to me but they were definitely delicious. I can compare them to Red dominoes which the tesla's are way better then. And everyone who has had the tesla's and the Red UPS's say the tesla's are stronger =D

I have a question for the Chemistry savvy bluelighters.

Recently I've heard from multiple sources that the MDMA pills getting around atm are stronger due to a new cooking method that has been discovered however this is making the pills feel less lovey dovey because the MDMA has been made differently. Now I always dispute this because AFAIK MDMA is simply 3-4,Methylenedioxy-methamphetamine. Which is a Chiral molecule meaning it can't change depending on how the chemical is formed. MDMA is simply always MDMA. This is except for it's two enantiomers S and R enantiomer and racemic which is most common and is a mixture of both. My understanding is that all MDMA is racemic unless a cook has decided to give himself extra work to make it one of the enantiomers which doesn't really benefit them as the very few people I've ever heard of having confirmed S or R isomers state that Racemic is better then either of the enantiomers.

However, from memory I have heard before that MDMA is noticably different when it's been synthesized using Piperanol instead of Safrol, I assume that it's not the MDMA that is different it's the left over impurites that make the difference. Personally I think my friends are talking unverified rumours because they think they're in the know because of what their dealer told them, however seeing this has come from different groups of friends that are pretty well connected I'm intrigued to see what you guys have to say.

P.S sorry I haven't posting much all, I'm a busy man.
PLUR

Blue, and apparently around the 200mg mark, seems a little high to me but they were definitely delicious. I can compare them to Red dominoes which the tesla's are way better then. And everyone who has had the tesla's and the Red UPS's say the tesla's are stronger =D

I have a question for the Chemistry savvy bluelighters.

Recently I've heard from multiple sources that the MDMA pills getting around atm are stronger due to a new cooking method that has been discovered however this is making the pills feel less lovey dovey because the MDMA has been made differently. Now I always dispute this because AFAIK MDMA is simply 3-4,Methylenedioxy-methamphetamine. Which is a Chiral molecule meaning it can't change depending on how the chemical is formed. MDMA is simply always MDMA. This is except for it's two enantiomers S and R enantiomer and racemic which is most common and is a mixture of both. My understanding is that all MDMA is racemic unless a cook has decided to give himself extra work to make it one of the enantiomers which doesn't really benefit them as the very few people I've ever heard of having confirmed S or R isomers state that Racemic is better then either of the enantiomers.

However, from memory I have heard before that MDMA is noticably different when it's been synthesized using Piperanol instead of Safrol, I assume that it's not the MDMA that is different it's the left over impurites that make the difference. Personally I think my friends are talking unverified rumours because they think they're in the know because of what their dealer told them, however seeing this has come from different groups of friends that are pretty well connected I'm intrigued to see what you guys have to say.

P.S sorry I haven't posting much all, I'm a busy man.
PLUR

These days mdma is made from.pmk oil rather than saff or pip. In.my experience I believe it to be different. Being a person that has had their fair share of saff and pip synthed mdma. I feel that it's different. I think the pmk stuff isn't as powerful as safrole or piprinol synthed mdma. This is from user experience rather than scientific proof tho. (12+ years)

I am very interested in this topic as well. There is too much anecdotal evidence out there for there not to be something in this. The new chemical is a pre-precursor called PMK-glycidate, which it appears is legal. Here is a recent article:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jul/24/ecstasy-cameron-drug-policy-overdose

I put a post up in the MDMA forum about this issue some time ago. I put a bit of effort into it, but by then the thread had gone stale. I think Student's timely raising of this issue in this forum warrants a repost:

===================================

I realise this topic has been spoken about over and over for some years now but it is relevant to what I have been reading up on recently, as some of the high dose Dutch pills have started to reach Australia, a country which has for many years been a barren wasteland for any MDMA pills over about 60mg and a few years before that there was none.

This situation directly contributed to crystal methylamphetamine use skyrocketing all over the country, including amongst very young adults who 10 years ago would have only ever touched MDMA pills and today have not even experienced one properly.

The difference between the current crop of pills containing very large doses of MDMA and the pills of the 90s (as well as MDMA crystal currently) must be down to something or things which are identifiable, because the difference is widely reported and becoming consistent.

Firstly, there is no doubt some MDA in an MDMA pill would effect things, but it is clear that the majority of the earlier pills were not necessarily combo pills. Whilst MDA played a part, it does not provide the answer.

My suggestions:

(1) THE PURITY OF THE MDMA AND OTHER DRUGS BEING PRESSED INTO THE PILLS

The first reason is that perhaps the Superlabs putting out all these high dose and obviously related pills over recent years are generally not purifying the MDMA product as much as was done previously; perhaps the precursors being used at the outset are not particularly pure, having had to be obtained from alternative sources (whether synthetic or plant based).

- therefore, where a lab report has said that the pill contains 200mg of pure MDMA-HCL that is because it does, but the lab report says nothing about the purity of the MDMA powder which was actually used to make the pill.

- so in actual fact it might be that the pill contains 250mg of 80% pure "MDMA-HCl product" or worse still 300mg of 66.66% pure "MDMA-HCl product".

- in both examples there is a total of 200mg of pure MDMA but one pill also has 50 mg of who knows what - I.e. precursors, reactants, impurities generated by the chemical reactions required, solvents, and so on etc; the second example has 100mg of such a mixture!

Binder and inactive filler and possibly colouring is then generally added (if the pill also contained other known drugs/adulterants in addition to the MDMA, then the lab would report this; as we know for almost all of the pills under consideration MDMA is the only active ingredient). If the binder/filler/colouring actually did something, as some people quite strangely believe, then pharmaceutical companies would struggle to get approval to sell the thousands of drugs in pill form that they do in all sorts of shapes, compositions and colours. These considerations might be relevant for absorption and rate of onset issues but they are irrelevant to this discussion.

Unless thorough investigation is done into what other chemicals are found within these pills, aside from merely reporting the active drug, then we just cannot know how pure the MDMA is that goes into the pill being consumed. A forensic chemist can easily do this because when they analyse the pills (generally through a combination of HPLC/mass spectrometry), the machine will tell them the identity of every other chemical contained in the pill and its relative proportions. They do this all the time, for example when they want to determine the manufacturing method used in a particular case or if they want to prove that two separate samples were created during the same manufacturing process. Of course whether the impurities have any appreciable physiological effect is another thing entirely. I seriously doubt they would have a psychoactive effect.

Pure MDMA-HCl is white. It is interesting how darkly coloured some of these super pills are, which might be for novelty reasons, but it might also be to mask the colour of the original product which might be brown. Saying that, if left over precursors was a problem, you would expect these pills to smell fairly strong - do they? I am aware that those huge skull pills were bone white - did they have the desired effect or did they seem similar to the rest of these super pills?

It would also be interesting to see whether a group of the super pills which we can be confident come from the same manufacturer, all contained an impurity generated in the reaction that perhaps other pills do not. This would be a product of the manufacturing process being utilised by that manufacturer and might then indicate something specific in a group of related pills which is doing something physiologically that others are not; and perhaps the presence of an impurity unknown to the detailed studies previously undertaken into this area focusing on the common methods.

This is the reason in my opinion why some people claim that white MDMA crystal (which if it is brilliant may well have been purified to 95% feels different to these pills even when the same 100mg dose is taken:

- the crystal contains ~105mg of white 95% pure "MDMA-HCl product" whereas the pill might contain 150mg of brown, smelly 66.6% pure "MDMA-HCl product, which is then coloured into something much more appetising and made to look very cool indeed).

Perhaps the MDMA going into the 90s pills was purified to a greater extent, given that the market was much smaller and also included pure MDEA (legally obtained) from time to time. If indeed amphetamine was also in there then perhaps those complaining of being too ruined and not loved up enough on these new pills, need only a quick bump of amphet or a couple of dexies to be once again running around and hugging all and sundry.

Bluelighters above have continually said that the synthesis of MDMA was different back then. How and in what way?

I know of no viable synthesis that does not start with MD-P2P, which is the exact same chemical as PMK, just named differently. Whether the MD-P2P is sourced commercially, made from piperonal or made from safrole is surely neither here nor there. If it was of significance then it could only be from the different impurities produced and these should by now have been identified.

I cannot see anyone making MDMA from MDA.

Piperonal can be more easily used to manufacture MDA in addition to MDMA but this would not result in more MDA in my view as if MDA was desired it can easily be manufacture from MD-P2P as well.

So what are people going on about as I don't see one single difference in the synthesis method which could explain anything (the purity of the final product aside of course which I have already mentioned).

If indeed MDMA is able to be made from another precursor or the ketone manufactured from entirely different starting chemicals, then this might of course explain something.

(2) NEW MANUFACTURING PROCESSES NOT PRODUCING A RACEMIC MIX OF MDMA ENANTIOMERS

As stated, I have no doubt almost all MDMA is produced from MD-P2P. The piperonal route produces MD-phenyl-2-nitropropene as an intermediate, so who knows what this latter chemical might do if not removed from the final product. Further, some manufacturers might use methylamine and others nitromethane to make the MDMA. Again, these chemicals being left over in the product might effect things, and they are quite different indeed, although others have said above they shouldn't.

However, despite all of this, most chemists agree that any manufacture of MDMA from MD-P2P will produce racemic MDMA (give or take). But what if these superlabs are using new manufacturing processes which for some reason don't do this. A catalyst or other reactant of some kind (such as an Aluminium-Mercury amalgam or other chemicals I won't mention) must be used in the final step.

The chemicals which facilitate this final step or the catalysts which do the same thing can work in unusual ways and there is the possibility that if these superlabs are employing novel and new reactants/catalysts (especially given the tried and tested ones would be watched closely) which favour the production of a particular enantiomer over the other, then perhaps the MDMA going into the recent super pills isn't actually the desired 1:1 ratio of the two MDMA enantiomers at all. If this ratio is out then the subjective effects will be skewed in a particular direction and if there is more R then the dosage is going to go up and the effects will not be as wonderful.

No standard laboratory test is going to distinguish between the two types and so we just don't know. My understanding of inorganic chemistry and especially catalysts is fairly limited when compared to organic chemistry, so if anyone has more advanced knowledge in this area any contribution would be valuable. In 2012 people above said all the reactants and catalysts were not stereo selective and so that was the end of that; but two years have past and in that time these very high dose pills have flooded the market.

Whilst no sensible person wants these labs to cease production by being busted (trust me it just means more crystal meth addicts in my country at least), it would be very interesting to know whether they are manufacturing MDMA in the same way that Shulgin did, the same way as they did when it was legal and the same way as they plainly did in the 90s and early 2000s. If the methods have changed slightly (whether in respect to the chemicals used or the reaction conditions employed) then who knows whether the MDMA going into these pills is quite the same as the MDMA which went into the pills of yesteryear.

I also don't believe any manufacturer would deliberately try to separate out the enantiomers. If the racemate is produced, the racemate would stay.

(3) THE SALT ISSUE

I also believe almost all MDMA is in HCl form. I don't believe the sulphate can easily be created because sulphuric acid will destroy the MD bridge. If indeed there was phosphate, citrate or tartrate salts then perhaps absorption would be effected. However, what people should be more focused on is whether the drug in this form could seriously mislead the effective amount of MDMA in the pill.

All of the other three salts would have a much greater molecular weight and if the total weight of the MDMA salt in the pill was quoted in the lab result, this could be misleading. However, all of the recent Eve-Rave results specify MDMA-HCL, including some of the very big ones. Therefore, this is a red herring.

(4) THOSE LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE TAKEN MDMA IN THE 90s DON'T FEEL THE EFFECTS OF THE DRUG AS THEY ONCE DID

The final possibility and one that cannot be ignored ad beaten to death throughout 2012, is that those people in the 90s who likely consumed many MDMA pills when they were first starting out, now find the pills of today different because the experiences from one's early days are such that they cannot truly ever be replicated ever again; there is that undeniable loss of "magic" - perhaps for this drug, after sufficient use and moving on from whatever scene you were a part of and which made using the drug at that time so special, losing the real magic is truly permanent.

Maybe the brain is capable of reacting chemically as it once did, but the "out of the world" experience which we have all enjoyed in our younger years isn't the same because we are familiar with it, know what to expect, now see the world in a different light, and thus adjust our behaviour and response to the drug accordingly. People don't dance all sweaty and loved up to the end of these events anymore because now too many people are worried about their hair, showing their tattoos and updating their Facebook, despite being just as munted.

Perhaps if those same people could go forward in time and have the current crop of pills, they would feel exactly the same. Likewise, if those just starting out on the current pills went back in time and tried those of the early rave scene, they too would be just as happy, just as loved up and just as naïve and excited about the adventure that awaits.

I realise this is a long post but this is a particularly interesting area which I know has been debated a lot above, but at a time before the supply of these super pills really took off and spread worldwide. I have no doubt the answers are out there somewhere and a more detailed chemical analysis of these pills is required.

Yeah, very interesting guys. I started using pills at the end of 1991, i was 17 then. I am 41 now. So yeah I've seen alot of changes. I kept using (although spaced out by years in the end) right up till 2012 or so I think, but it became so hard to do when I compared the feeling from those earlier years that I gave up trying. I never really knew why I couldnt get anywhere near the feeling of those first 5 or so years, I put it down to less imports and me getting older and using up my seratonin or dopamine or what ever it is. Thing is I never went overly hard with drugs, by the end of a big night at a rave on an E and some speed I would wont to sleep all day and then eat and try get back to semi normality. I'd wait weeks or even a few months till the next big rave that my friends were all going to until I'd have another E.

Sydney was awash with goo d pills back then in those early to mid 90's years. Some things I recall from back in my first years raving was that the pills were not branded so much, we had quite a few pills back then that were just plain white or beige with no stamp, sometimes a split. Logos were around tho ones like doves and hearts come to mind. Then as a few more years 'rolled' by more logos and more colours were used. The prices of the pills started to really drop towards the end of the 90's as the quality declined. I used to pay double or more compared to what they are now. It was worth it though.

I wouldnt be surprised if something changed in how they are produced and the stuff that was going into them.

I'll be interested to hear more views. A google of 'pmk oil' brings up quite a few discussions over the years about this.

MDMA is back in European nightclubs. Could China be responsible?

Pay a nocturnal visit one of the many nightclubs that comprise Europe’s hedonistic playground and you may notice that many of the regular clubbers look a bit happier (and sweatier) than usual. Ok, perhaps a lot happier than usual; with wide-eyed gurns the likes of which haven’t been seen on dancefloors since the height of the 90s rave scene.

For months anecdotes and rumours have been abound that MDMA (ecstasy) has made a triumphant return after an extended drought, and it seems the press has finally caught up. Recent reports have confirmed that MDMA is certainly back, with the excited buzz colouring the online forums of clubgoers tempered by the predictable knee-jerk sensationalism of the right-wing press (MDMA is back and ‘deadlier than ever’, the UK Daily Mail (unfoundedly) claims).

But how to explain this resurgence? And where has MDMA been for the last decade? Whilst conflicting reports have divergent suggestions on the origins of the MDMA, few have highlighted the confluence of circumstances that point to China as the likely source. Free from the chemical controls to which other neighbouring countries are subject and with a burgeoning domestic consumer market of ecstasy-hungry hedonists on its urbanised east-coast, China fosters the perfect base conditions to become a centre for global MDMA production - and it appears as though this process has already started. To explore deeper, we need to look to the complex, multi-faceted global markets of MDMA production and trafficking at their most fundamental level; to the opaque world of the chemical precursors integral to MDMA synthesis.

Let’s start by clarifying the rumours surrounding the status of MDMA’s resurgence on European soil. Look beyond the, shall we say, enthusiastic responses from various divergent groups within British society and clear substantive evidence of MDMA’s return onto the drug market is available. Drugscope, an independent centre of expertise on drug use, have found that ecstasy pills with a high MDMA content were on sale in half of the 20 towns and cities featured in its annual survey of the UK drugs scene, following a ten year absence. Pill prices are rising in reflection of their increasing MDMA content – with some purportedly containing the same amount of MDMA as the premium strength pills sold at the height of the rave scene 20 years ago. Whilst comparative Europe-wide information is scant, we might assume that there exists a similar picture across Europe.

Two precursor chemicals are primarily associated with the manufacture of MDMA: 3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl-2- propanone (3,4-MDP2P; more commonly known as PMK) and safrole. Consistently efficient control of PMK has been one of the greatest success stories of international precursor restriction efforts in recent years, much to the dismay of ecstasy-users.

Unprecedentedly enormous PMK seizures in the early noughties – 76 times higher in 2002 than a decade earlier – would have wide-reaching and long-lasting implications for global MDMA production over the subsequent few years. The magnitude of precursor seizures in 2002 alone purportedly reduced potential global MDMA production by some 12 tonnes. Marked increases in the closures of clandestine MDMA-producing laboratories, along with large seizures of piperonal – an alternative ‘pre-precursor’ for the manufacture of MDMA – signified the final nails in the coffin for MDMA production in the UK, and more generally across Europe.

One need look no further than the sleuth of pill-related online forums to discover extensive anecdotal evidence as to the scarcity of MDMA throughout the mid-noughties. Throughout this period, European clubbers were regularly duped into purchasing ‘ecstasy’ pills with zero MDMA content. Instead they were unknowingly swallowing tablets containing amphetamines and other (uncontrolled) substances masquerading as MDMA, such as piperazines.

According to recent data the availability of PMK in Europe seems to remain extremely low, with a mere 40 litres seized in 2009. How, then, can we account for the supposed resurgence in MDMA? We must attempt to de-tangle the answer from a series of divergent and enigmatic sources and suggestions. Before we look to China, let’s consider some of the more commonly raised suggestions...

Some recent reports have suggested that the newfound source of MDMA lies thousands of miles from the traditional production sites of Western Europe; in the rainforests of South-East Asia, no less.

Enter safrole, the chemical precursor that is purported to be the increasingly prevalent go-to for aspiring MDMA producers.

Safrole-rich oil (SRO) is extracted from various tree species in South-East Asia; particularly Cambodia. Safrole essentially acts as a chemical pre-precursor, from which the other substances necessary to manufacture MDMA can be extracted. Unlike PMK, SRO is unscheduled, and can be trafficked legally under the pretext of its various legitimate industrial uses (in perfume and insecticide manufacture, for instance). Despite recent efforts of local governments to prohibit the production, import or export of SRO for use in MDMA production, illegal production and trade has supposedly been growing steadily. The inconspicuous, small-scale apparatus used to harvest SRO is easily concealed within the dense fauna of the Cambodian rainforests.

In an unexpected twist, the increased intensity of safrole-rich oil manufacturing has allegedly resulted in severe environmental degradation. The perpetual fires needed to distil the unrefined safrole-goop into a useable product necessitate wide-scale deforestation, and streams that provide water for processing become soiled with poisonous factory run-off. When one area is depleted of its natural resources, distillation moves elsewhere.

But who cares? MDMA - now sold as a ‘premium product’ across the nightclubs of Europe - means big money, and where there exists sufficient demand, clandestine producers are more than happy to risk harsh criminal penalties to reap potentially enormous financial gains. The SRO producers have been reported to sell at around US$ 4 per litre. Traffickers in the Cambodian capital, Phnom Penh, can then supposedly shift the oil for US$ 30 per litre, where it is subsequently smuggled to Vietnam and Thailand, and then elsewhere for use in MDMA production.

But this doesn’t give the full picture. Press reports may have been keen to run the Cambodia angle because it presents an easy conflation of ecstasy production with environmental degradation. The phenomenon of MDMA’s resurgence is more complex, and the source of the precursor chemicals more enigmatic.

Notably, other sources suggest that South-East Asia, and particularly Cambodia, is becoming far less significant as a source of MDMA precursor chemicals than certain media outlets would have you believe. Reports from the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) attest that Cambodian seizures of SRO in 2010 were 95% lower than 2008, and that regional seizures of MDMA and ecstasy tablets have decreased since 2007.

So where is the MDMA coming from? The focus on Cambodia precludes the apparent significance of China’s central, yet arguably underreported, role in the European resurgence of MDMA.

With its status as an ever-burgeoning industrial powerhouse China still harbours the majority of global PMK productive capacity. Whilst PMK is produced legally and legitimately in China, a hungry domestic consumer market has been driving up redirections of PMK onto the illicit production market.

Combine these factors, and what do you get? A potentially huge, nation-spanning MDMA production effort that seems to have successfully evaded international prevention. There is evidence that Chinese chemists have been producing a high-strength version of MDMA to satisfy an emergent class of young hedonists in China’s largest cities, which, crucially, is also being exported directly to Europe (see this report for more information on the ecstasy prevalence in China). Whilst detailed evidence on the nature of the burgeoning MDMA-production industry in China is rare, the circumstances – including marked decreases in MDMA production in the South East Asian region in combination with a ballooning domestic consumer market, and underscored by the ease of access to the relevant precursor chemicals – point to the likelihood that China will appear more regularly in the drug literature as a prominent source of global MDMA.

So then, the rainforests of Cambodia may not actually represent the locus of the current upsurge of MDMA. The media may have opportunistically jumped on the Cambodian angle to facilitate the promotion of their staunch (and sensationalist) anti-drug line, whilst potentially overlooking the elephant in the room.

In the clubs in Europe, revellers dance through the night, swallowing pills that have reached their final destination after a complex, globalised process of manufacture. It will be interesting to see how the MDMA resurgence lasts. If previous experiences are anything to go by, it may only be a matter of time before the international drug control efforts catch up – but on the same token, past experiences are testament to the adaptability of drug manufacturers, and their tenacity in outmanoeuvring control efforts. We are increasingly beset with articles discussing the growth of China as an economic powerhouse; of Chinese potential to outstrip traditionally powerful Western nations. It may also be the case that China will be a future contender for the global MDMA production crown. Watch this space...

http://www.talkingdrugs.org/mdma-is-back-in-european-nightclubs-could-china-be-responsible

Both very good reads. Thanks for sharing.
I know that in pihkal Shulgin writes that he synths mdma from mda.
I also read somewhere a table of pills from the 90s and early 2000s that were lab tested from all over the world. It's in an older section of edata I think and the mg content back then (world wide) was between 90-120mg and rarely was a pill over that so it does show that the quality was a lot better. Mdea was around a bit as was mda. Very interesting.
Also a lot if chemists buy reacted precursors these days so the synthesis doesn't take as long (they bunches half cooked) so all they need to do us the last few steps so the first part of the synthesis (or last) could have been done poorly. In the old days chemists would do everything from the steam distilling of the saffrol right through to the pressing

There is a doco on sbs2 right now about mdma. Every Tuesday night they are having docs in drugs

Great discussion guys, keep it going if you can! I'll chime in later with my experiences with the new Dutch stuff.

Awesome reads guys, just the sort of posts I wanted to see,
Biscuit... man don't ever stop lurking around bluelight, your posts are first class and you are irreplaceable in AusDD IMO.

1) Now firstly I would have thought that lab results of pills would distinguish purity in MDMA-Hcl. I would have thought that 200mg, 50% pure MDMA-HCL would appear as 100mg MDMA-HCL interesting to hear that isn't the case. My understanding is that colour has little to do with it when it comes to MDMA, sometimes only difference of a couple percent, same with smell but obviously I guess it's a sign that less care has been taken with it throughout the process so the potential for it to be less pure is higher.

That's a real shame that only the active ingredients are mentioned in the lab tests, is there any way to get E-Data to do a more thorough test of all chemicals involved?

2) As we both said, I think it's unlikely that they are not producing Racemic MDMA. Although I guess it's not unrealistic that if a different method is being used perhaps where this difference is coming from.

3) This seems unlikely to me, I'm definitely not an expert in chemistry but surely salt HCL is still most common. I've seen (not first hand from a bl'ers photo) MDMA tartrate and from memory they said it's affects were better? But I'm really not sure. Does futura2012 still post in here or EuroDD? From memory it was his post about it, and he was definitely pretty chemistry savvy so I'd love to hear input from him/her.

4) Ah yes, the age old argument of losing the magic.
Whilst I can understand it to some extent and even full believed it about 15 months ago, in July last year that was shut down. I was fortunate enough to have a green ninja turtle that had been confirmed around the 160mg MDMA mark. Now it's worth noting my tollerance should've been reasonable I'd had other pills/crystal not that long before and I almost always double drop, so having only one pill is very rare for me. And that ninja turtle curb stomped all all my encounters of mdma from the previous 3 years.
Eyes wobbling, that intense tingling through your head, chattering so fast my mouth can't keep up with what I was trying to say, the music Incredible, intense euphoria and a massive sense of closeness to my friend who's birthday it was as well as his friends I met on the same night, and everyone of us who had a ninja turtle was on the same level as me even the dude who'd been having pills every week for something like 8 weeks.

It's made me certain that I haven't lost the magic. The Blue tesla's I had, whilst they are one of the best pills I've had and are lab confirmed at 209mg. one and a half of them had nothing on the magic I got from that ninja turtle a year earlier. Whatever is going on in these pills, I don't believe the magic is lost in as many of us as we believe it's just been so long since many of us have been lucky enough to have a really good pill to remind us.

Moving on... well sorta, if these pills are containg massive amounts of MDMA but the desired affects are considerably reduced, what about the negative affects? It's like I'll double drop next time I have these blue tesla's and whilst I'm certain I wouldn't be too munted to handle it, I'm cautious at the idea of bombing 400+ mg of mdma at one time, is it likely my heart rate will go through the roof?. I'm sure I'll be fine but it sure seems like a very high dose.

The magic is illusive and not dependent on dose IME. To really capture it, an innumerable number of uncontrollable circumstances have to come together just right.

In other words...set and setting are far, far more important than dose. That being said, even if you believe you've "engineered" the perfect set and setting and thus your experience should be nothing short of magical, sometimes it just doesn't happen.

I actually think that's one of the greatest things about MDMA. It's magic is purely it's own... in other words, it reveals itself at the most unexpected and glorious of times, and at other times, when sought out to intensely, is nowhere to be seen.

2c

Student: thanks very much, I am pleased to still be around, chiming in occasionally. December 1999 does seem like a long time ago when I think about it, which I guess is because it is!

The example you gave is correct. Laboratory results are generally reported in a way that confirms the active ingredients in the pill, the total weight of the pill and the purity of the active ingredients in a pill; from there calculation of the quantities of the active ingredients is straightforward. However, the results rarely describe the quantities of binder, filler, contaminants, dyes etc.

For example, you may have two different pills, both weighing 350mg, containing MDMA-HCl as the only active ingredient at 20% purity, thereby giving 70mg of MDMA-HCl per pill. Let's say the pressers only add one type of binder/filler and nothing else. If one pill was made up of 280mg of binder, then you could reason that the MDMA which went into it originally was near 100% pure. However, if another pill only had 210mg of binder, then the MDMA "substance" which it was mixed with originally provided 140mg of that pill's mass and must have been only 50% pure MDMA-HCl originally - the question of course then becomes, what on earth was in the other 50%! That is an extreme example as it is doubtful that the purity originally would be so low but it might often only be hovering around the 75-80% mark.

The identification of virtually all the chemicals contained in a pill, including their quantities, is absolutely possible and the data is there for them to report. Government chemists routinely do this in order to compare batches of seized pills with each other and identify contaminants specific to a particular type of manufacture using identifiable precursors, a particular region and even a particular laboratory; these contaminants serve as invaluable identification markers. Information on a common device used is contained here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_chromatography%E2%80%93mass_spectrometry

The power of this technique comes from the fact that not only are components of a mixture separated and detected quantitatively, but the detector (the ITD) also provides information concerning the structure of each of the components. Therefore, compounds can be identified not only by comparing the retention time to a standard, as in conventional chromatography, but also by its mass spectrum.

Interesting regarding the differences you experienced between the turtle and the Tesla. Differences which warrant further consideration clearly. However, saying that, I don't disagree with anything infectedmushroom said above either. It is definitely a mystery.

I honestly think I may have decided to stop using this drug. I have fun on it but I always feel uneasy and it sometimes makes me very sick and throw up and feel pretty messy. Im not trying to judge anyone elses use on it because I can understand why people do it.

I think its mostly MDA though. A few weeks ago I had 125mg of MDMA while coming up on acid and I felt great. Then I had 140mg of MDA, I still felt great for ages. So then dumb mee trying to push the envelope I had my 50mg boo?ster cap before id even started coming up on my 140mg cap and everything became too much and I ended up floored tripping balls and throwing up pretty intensely, my friend was crying thinking I was dying and I had to reassure him I was fine. He was tripping really hard too but I told him MD drugs are the ones that will drop me unexpected.

Last edited:
Dutch labs ARE using a different route to make MDMA....

One of the easiest ways to make MDMA is to use an essential oil called safrole, which occurs naturally in the roots and bark of the yellow camphor tree, found in Cambodian rainforests and elsewhere. The UN has targeted the trade repeatedly in the last decade, with the noble aims of protecting the rainforest, which is being chopped down by the gangs that steam-distil the oil out of the bark in giant, bubbling cauldrons in jungle labs. The UN burned 33 tonnes of it in 2008, which caused a worldwide drought of MDMA and the emergence of mephedrone as both gangsters and clubbers looked for alternatives. In September 2010, 50 tonnes were burned in Thailand.

Another way to make MDMA is with a chemical called PMK. That's also banned, but in 2012 canny chemists learned to make a pre-precursor, and bought boatloads of it to the EU. PMK-glycidate can be easily converted to PMK and is legal. One ecstasy lab operator told us: "Our lab switched to ethyl PMK glycidate. This was an unwatched precursor that we were able to source from China at a very competitive price."

^ That's precisely correct, however, it doesn't answer our question because MDMA from safrole is actually made via MD-P2P or PMK by generally converting safrole to isosafrole to the ketone. MDMA from PMK-glycidate is made via MD-P2P or PMK by converting the glycidate into the ketone (fuck knows what else is produced during this process and if it stays in the final product - doubtful though).

So I don't think there is any doubt that the answer lies in this significant change, the same change which suddenly saw the emergence of mega dose and mega massive Dutch pills. There must be a connection to both matters but I am at a loss to explain what that might be.

Is the MDMA from PMK where the glycidate has been used really different from the MDMA from PMK where safrole has been used? If so, in what way? And why does it occur, from a chemistry perspective, when based on ordinary principles that I know of, it shouldn't be occurring?

^^^ easy on the synth discussion (not 100% sure it's against the rules here in ADD, though)

Pretty.sure it's aloud as long as your not sharing recipes. I could be wrong tho but Im sure it's aloud in this context

Your call guys but it is a very basic, topical and important discussion relating to MDMA precursors that can hardly be described as a discussion on the synthesis of any of those chemicals. Such a discussion would be far more complicated and necessarily involve the mention of many more chemicals and processes.

If the above isn't allowed then the entire "My nanna cannot tell an amphetamine from a methamphetamine thread" needs to be deleted (as opposed to celebrated like it still is!) :)

Specific synth discussion is not allowed, but I feel loose discussion like X is made from Y is okay. There is some value in knowing what chemicals the substances we ingest are made from.

Is PMK Glycidate illegal in Australia? I'm only asking as I watched a documentary people ordering PMK Glycidate filmed this year. So I'm wondering if Australia has now banned it due to the film release. It will make sense to do so.

Or is this not the place to ask this type of question, although it's quite harmless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.