Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

The Lighthouse .... pure madness

Snafu in the Void

Moderator: NMI Bukowski Jr.
Staff member
It took me 3 different sessions to finish this movie. I kept having to turn it off because it's the closest depiction to going completely mad with psychosis I have ever seen... scary in a psychological way...

It's a great movie but it's a serious mind fuck and psychologically scary...

I had to finish watching it sober...

It's on amazon prime if anyone wants to see it. Beware... serious mind fuck!

"Why'd ye spill yer beans????"

It's on amazon prime if anyone wants to see it. Beware... serious mind fuck!

I've got amazon prime I'm going to watch this then

I love mind fuck films, have you seen Predestination? and Triangle? And my most recent mind fuck film is Time Trap I watched that twice like 2 weeks apart lol

Requium for a Dream is another, and Jacobs Ladder

I've seem requiem a few times, god damn that movie always leaves me feeling fucked up

and Predestination, great one!

I'll check the others.

The Lighthouse is its own beast. I think you'll love it.

Just FYI, I had to watch it with subtitles, because their 1800's sailor accents are hard to understand sometimes! great acting too!

Oh no I hate subtitles as I like to watch a film not read a film lol, you're a bluelighter now, like away

Oh no I hate subtitles as I like to watch a film not read a film lol, you're a bluelighter now, like away

xD Thanks...

I guess I'm just the type of dude that really likes to analyze dialogue, understand it. If I miss something said in a movie I'm always pausing it to go back... that's why I watched it with subtitles. They use a lot of old sailor slang which didn't make sense on a first watch.

The dialogue is secondary, mostly.

Lots of subtex going on, repressed sexuality, and the links between sex and violence.

I liked this film. Not as much as I loved The Witch, but it was a solid mindfuck.

while I enjoyed the movie I haven't found it special, that was what I first thought when I saw the trailer but waste of potential, imo. Good cast though.

I saw this in theaters. I absolutely loved it.

As an aside, I think Requiem for a Dream isn't a trippy movie at all, nor really unsettling; in fact I thought it was quite boring/poorly executed and will never watch it again, while I plan to buy The Lighthouse and The Witch on Bluray at some point down the line because I liked them so much.

The Witch was pretty damn good too. Both are the best of what the modern horror genre has to offer imo.

fuck yeah 4:3

actually strongly prefer wider aspect ratios, but 4:3 reminds me of early new wave films.

Last edited:
think Requiem for a Dream isn't a trippy movie at all, nor really unsettling; in fact I thought it was quite boring/poorly executed and will never watch it again

There's a newer version too, yeah true its not that trippy more of a druggy aspect and weird