• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous The last days of MXE

If i ever saw legit mxe readily available id happily risk going to prison for robbing a bank to buy it all.
My fav drug ever.
I still often reminisce about the days i could buy it otc in a headshop, especially when the headshop got taken over by some Polish guys and they changed it from 9am-6pm to 24/7. What an era. Buying mxe legally as easy as buying a beer or cigarettes 👌

I had it a few times after the UK ban from the onions, Netherlands and Canada iirc, both the times were white crystal as apposed to the off-white, slightly clumpy powder i was used to, and both times (although definitely still mxe) weren't as good.

Yeah some people shit on the idea of batch variance, but there was a lot of batch variance, for sure. The clean-looking dry crystals were nowhere near as good as the clumpy, hygroscopic stuff. I have a tiny bit (one dose) of that clumpy stuff and it has turned medium brown, it's stuck to the side of a bag. I used to have 2 doses, and took one of them ~2 years ago and it was as good as ever.

MXE has a chiral center so there are positional isomers, the variance could easily be the ratio of isomers, but I am open to the idea that there is more to it than that. Who knows, in any case, I miss the stuff. it's the only dissociative I have ever really been in love with. Top 5 drugs of all time, of any class, for me.

I still often reminisce about the days i could buy it otc in a headshop, especially when the headshop got taken over by some Polish guys and they changed it from 9am-6pm to 24/7. What an era. Buying mxe legally as easy as buying a beer or cigarettes 👌

I had it a few times after the UK ban from the onions, Netherlands and Canada iirc, both the times were white crystal as apposed to the off-white, slightly clumpy powder i was used to, and both times (although definitely still mxe) weren't as good.
I want to have headshops selling RCs/worthy drugs at all within my reach, don't care for them to stay open like gasoline stations but it certainly sounds appealing.

Yet, I guess you already considered that, but while it is certainly possible that illicit MXE isn't as good as the legal one was in its beginnings (indeed fucking great), tolerance/permatolerance is a bitch for dissociatives, believe me I once found a baggie of the very first batch hidden somewhere in my stuff, labelled with that holographic sticker, and it wasn't as good as I remembered it by far, but it wasn't until I illegally acquired something which was said to be and indeed looked very much like original pre-ban MXE, which was even less special and more reminiscent of any dissociative these days - there were batches even during legality sold as MXE but way worse - but the magic of MXE certainly fades with tolerance and it might never really come back.

That said, DMXE recently felt much like MXE did back then, just I was taking 10x as much and got 0.5x the effects.
A feature of MXE was that I actually never over-did it like I was tempted to with almost any other dissociative.

Last edited:
I want to have headshops selling RCs/worthy drugs at all within my reach, don't care for them to stay open like gasoline stations but it certainly sounds appealing.
It was good times, i do miss it, but it did become sort of a problem for binging. Would find myself awake all night after getting some and outside the shop all manic an hour before it opened, that would usually lead to sporadic purchasing of other stuff in there like multiple boxes of whippets and sometimes etizolam or LSA, especially during summer, add in the sleep dep and inevitable day drinking, you can imagine the blackouts lol
Yet, I guess you already considered that, but while it is certainly possible that illicit MXE isn't as good as the legal one was in its beginnings (indeed fucking great), tolerance/permatolerance is a bitch for dissociatives, believe me I once found a baggie of the very first batch hidden somewhere in my stuff, labelled with that holographic sticker, and it wasn't as good as I remembered it by far, but it wasn't until I illegally acquired something which was said to be and indeed looked very much like original pre-ban MXE, which was even less special and more reminiscent of any dissociative these days - there were batches even during legality sold as MXE but way worse - but the magic of MXE certainly fades with tolerance and it might never really come back.
Of course. My disso permatolerance was already in full effect when i first tried mxe....you don't even want to know some of the doses id have to do to get what i read people getting from like 20mg and i always needed alot more than my friends.
I'd still be up for robbing a bank to buy a lifetime stash of it if it became available mind 😂 i actually preferred when i had a decent tolerance set in with mxe because i wouldn't really hole and id get to that weird manic hyper stage way quicker, always way before anyone else id be with, and i like that stage. I think id like 3-meo-pcp for this reason but i think theres probably a reason ive never got my hands on it.

The legal batch we had was in a small baggie with either a black spider or a black uzi logo iirc 🤔 it was sold for quite a while before it got banned
That said, DMXE recently felt much like MXE did back then, just I was taking 10x as much and got 0.5x the effects.
Hmm yeah. Not really ideal for a new chemical is it. Has anyone IVd this stuff yet? Did I hear something about it being caustic and needing an acetone wash or was that one of the other ones?
A feature of MXE was that I actually never over-did it like I was tempted to with almost any other dissociative.
I wish i could say the same. It being readily available 24/7 for £7.50 a bag (well i was actually paying £4 a bag, i think i was one of the only ones in town buying it and it became daily so i always said "5 for £20?" and they'd agree. A bags contents weighed 200-220mg every time. Some days I'd buy 3 lots of 5 bags, id usually binge in a pattern of 1g night/3g day/3g next day with no sleep, then sleep wake up and buy 1g and repeat - the whole era has alot of blurry patches for me and my friends have alot of stories of my behaviour I have no recollection of) obviously didn't help my issue, lol.

Not sure if anyone else knows what i mean about skipping the inital hole and almost going straight into the manic stage and afterglow feeling? Never asked. It became like a wonky upper for me. How i imagine pcp would be like. Great fun combined with sleep dep and pretty much any other drug.

Personally i liked that bit more than the 'hole' for sure.

It was good times, i do miss it, but it did become sort of a problem for binging. Would find myself awake all night after getting some and outside the shop all manic an hour before it opened, that would usually lead to sporadic purchasing of other stuff in there like multiple boxes of whippets and sometimes etizolam or LSA, especially during summer, add in the sleep dep and inevitable day drinking, you can imagine the blackouts lol
Somehow it wasn't until DCK and 2016 that my disso consumption got out of control - the legal MXE times were from 2012-14 or so. MXE was the first 'real' disso I made contact with, excluding DXM which doesn't fully count as its NRI component gives me panic attacks when doing more than 450mg and now with permatolerance it turned into a psychotic mess. Maybe I just had better control over my drug use, because it was the first major breakup in my life which led to compulsive DCK use. I somewhat wish it would have been MXE because DCK .. well, maybe it wouldn't have made any difference but I continue to see MXE as kinda special. DCK was quite manic too and came with an initial warmth which was more than anything I ever got out opioids - MXE too was very warm but in a different, magic way and this completely disappeared with tolerance and illegal sourcing.

Hmm yeah. Not really ideal for a new chemical is it. Has anyone IVd this stuff yet? Did I hear something about it being caustic and needing an acetone wash or was that one of the other ones?

Only had a little sample of DCK so far but it wasn't caustic at all, went flawlessly up my nose. Not sure about the 10x dose thing but it might come close as I had 1g and it went without much rememberings.
There's more on its way and I'll report though. I never did IV and won't do so probably but I'm having a nose which tells me pretty reliably whether some powder is caustic or not.

They wanted to make this in Germany after the recent arylcyclohexylamine blanket ban but stopped it due to legal doubts :( a pretty intelligent member here (forgot who unfortunately) once told me that a derivate with one carbon of the cyclohexyl replace with a sulfur would make good derivate as well. I wanted to do this for more than once now and I might be serious about, and when the NL will blanket ban there'll be demand. Also if this German shop can let do custom synths then I can having them done as well. I just need to figure out whether RCs are actually legal as I think them to be here because they stopped a delivery of nootropics and sent it back after I didn't provide clearance papers. Possibly a custom synth would involve spending some money to the customs here but I hoped to avoid that. Just that I also heard that custom synthesis was expensive and I lack the money for that expensive since I had to pay penalties in Europe for messing with them.

mxe-derivater.png

Do you have any clue which one would be better? You're welcome once you successfully robbed a bank, lol.

@plumbus-nine
I never intentionally tried any DCK id wager that its been an active cut in at least a few batches of K over the last few years though.
Did hear it was kind of meh in comparison to K/MXE though like you pretty much said too.
It was the DXME thread that a few people mentioned washing it, i went back to ask them if they ever did, but no reply yet.

So what chemical is that in the link i couldn't see a name and i cant read molecules.
Having somewhere to do custom synths would be cool.

I'll find my balaclava...

FYI I made.an identical analogue on STP a couple of weeks ago. When I say identical, I mean identical and the pharmacology of it makes it about 1.5x the potency of MXE too.
I'm in the process of getting it sorted so we may have it again yet.
Crossed fingers the Chinese don't fuck it up!

I used methoxetamine from 2012-2013 and always from the same source (that source was my go to for a lot of years for many different substances).

Anyway, I used to order 3g every week. It was always consistent and the same. The chemical itself was a somewhat granular off white powder with a slightly salty taste to the drip or on the tongue.

I started to IV it fairly early on and that was freaking amazing. Does anyone else TASTE methoxetamine when they IV'd it? To me the taste of IV methoxetamine is like cotton candy blooming inside your taste buds. I was IV'ing pharmaceutical ketamine injection solution for awhile in 2013 and the flavor that developed after doing a shot of K was very similar.

MXE was amazing. So much better than ketamine!!! I found 180mg of IV'd stolen pharmaceutical ketamine injection solution roughly equivalent to 35mg of IV MXE (DEEP hole territory with crazy visuals for me). Also the IV'd K only lasts like 15 minutes while the MXE lasts more like 45 minutes.

I'm guessing you're referring to SI? This doesn't break any sourcing rules because they're long gone.

But yeh, one of my top 5 favourite drugs ever. It could be anything you wanted it to be be - stimulant, sedative, psychedelic and dissociative - get the dose right and you could have all four...

I've not had much experience with ketamine, but what I've had is a poor relation to MXE. I find that ketamine is only any good at hole doses exceeding 100mg, whereas MXE is best at sub hole doses. My personal sweet spot was around 50mg (oral or IM)

I once IMd 90mg and it was fuckin hard work. The initial rush was amazing, but the next four hours spent going round in circles on the floor clutching my head because I felt like my entire body was being disassembled by alien machines wasn't particularly pleasant.

God, I miss the shit ...

Yeah MXE was so versatile. The old SI supply was the absolute best, and SO cheap, it was crazy. My favorite was to eat 25mg, and then after 45 minutes, eat 25mg more. It was the perfect blend of social lubricant/psychedelic/dissociative/euphoriogen. Wonky, but still functional, and it had this magic to it that is hard to describe, we called it the "flow state", where it felt like we were all moving together with the world in a dance. Once my friend threw me a lighter when I thought to myself I needed one, I wasn't even looking at him and he wasn't looking at me and I just reached my had out and caught the lighter and neither of us was surprised.

Sometimes I'd add 25mg more and then it would become very wonky.

It was also fantastic for holing, though I typically don't go for hole doses of dissos. I did 60mg rectally once, all at once, and had one of the most profound experiences I've ever had and by far the most profound of any dissociative. It was an extraordinarily psychedelic hole, I experienced oneness and infinity. The music was stopping and repeating and going backwards.

I’ve been feeling a deep sense of loss regarding dissociatives a lot lately. I miss the MXE days, they were honestly some of the happiest of my life. There is no better anti-depressant. MXE was such an all encompassing drug, it was the whole trip. I can’t tell you how many times I came out of a hole sobbing tears of joy, so happy to be alive, and I’d start texting or calling friends and loved ones to tell them how much I loved and cared for them... whilst slurring my words of course lol

No drug has ever so well embodied the feeling of pure, genuine, unadulterated love.

I’ve been feeling a deep sense of loss regarding dissociatives a lot lately. I miss the MXE days, they were honestly some of the happiest of my life. There is no better anti-depressant. MXE was such an all encompassing drug, it was the whole trip. I can’t tell you how many times I came out of a hole sobbing tears of joy, so happy to be alive, and I’d start texting or calling friends and loved ones to tell them how much I loved and cared for them... whilst slurring my words of course lol

No drug has ever so well embodied the feeling of pure, genuine, unadulterated love.
If you got the best out of the drug before it became unrewarding or even a potential hazard to your health, you won in my opinion. You won at MXE.

Holy Jesus...yeah I've made a /lot/ better analogues than that.
You never /increase/ the cyclohexyl....

For some reason though it seems to work in STP, so who knows?
drawing something in chemdraw is not the same thing as actually synthesizing and stp is not the same as doing actual bioassays / receptor affinity studies...

I’ve been feeling a deep sense of loss regarding dissociatives a lot lately. I miss the MXE days, they were honestly some of the happiest of my life [...] no drug has ever so well embodied the feeling of pure, genuine, unadulterated love.
Would agree but lately I have begun to question this a lot, I was clearly addicted to dissociatives, even in the time before MXE, when I was using DXM on a few days per week and had no withdrawal (yeah, dissociatives can do that, but it's nothing compared to opioids) but diminishing effects. Then I got a sample of MXE and all the magic was here again, more strong than ever with just 20-30mg. Weirdly it was self regulating until the first major break up in my life, and DCK - MXE was already banned then in my country. DCK interfered much more with everyday life, made me do stupid things - but was it it, or just me doing more in shorter amounts of time? First it was magic again but I guess more anesthetic while MXE didn't have much anesthetic qualities for me.

Later I should find somebody selling what he described as pre ban MXE and I have not much doubt it was indeed that but the magic didn't come back, these feelings of emptyness and loss remained unless I was anesthesized.

Then I turned to opioids, in the search for a legal (prescribeable) replacement, you probably know, it didn't work out.

But the thing is, if MXE is not so special like it felt, then it is fooling the brain into liking it like little other drugs can. But what's true for sure is that the feelings of love match up to a MDMA without rebound, as long as one doesn't over-use.

Oh boy, do I miss these days.

Another factor is for me that I was mostly alone when doing dissociatives, but recently some people watched me and they concluded that DCK clouds my judgement, to what I unfortunately have to agree. Again, was MXE so different?

Again, was MXE so different?
In being completely disinhibiting? No, I could barely walk on that stuff. Could barely talk.

During my peak usage, I used maybe 2-3 nights a week. I don't think I ever lost the magic. It was always good for me. I have nothing but fond memories of MXE :(

I sometimes used DCK and O-PCE back when I was heavily using MXE, and it was always my experienced that they were significantly more cognitively and physically impairing. Something about chopping off the aryl sub seems to make the experience feel more like a lobotomy than a recreational experience.

MXE, MXPr, and MXiPr are much more clear-headed in comparison, especially at lower doses.

The MXE myth keep growing, at last in this niche places... would you say it will do a comeback someday?

I remember getting it a 5usd/gr, go figure, I guess the sysnthesis was not that difficult...

would you say it will do a comeback someday?
I would say no. If it was gonna return, it would have already happened... I'm fairly convinced there are global conspiratorial forces at work to keep it that way too. They don't want the people to have it... but why? It must be a threat to the furtherance of globalist elites' interests.

I literally can't think of a better reason. Ket is still sold underground, by all counts an inferior drug to MXE. So why wouldn't someone manufacturing ket make some MXE too or every once in a while? It must be some covert suppression.

Edit:
Perhaps this is why? Love is the enemy of greed right? When I love someone, I'm willing to forgo capitalistic greedy gains, and do them favors for free. If everyone got on alright and wasn't worried about getting the latest 2022 Chevy whatever, perhaps that would threaten the wealthy. Slaves have to be kept at a bare minimum of contentedness, just enough not to kill them, but not enough to let them realize they deserve better. Hence the huge resurgence of alcoholism.

I would say no. If it was gonna return, it would have already happened... I'm fairly convinced there are global conspiratorial forces at work to keep it that way too. They don't want the people to have it... but why? It must be a threat to the furtherance of globalist elites' interests.

I literally can't think of a better reason. Ket is still sold underground, by all counts an inferior drug to MXE. So why wouldn't someone manufacturing ket make some MXE too or every once in a while? It must be some covert suppression.

It's certainly very strange that such a well loved drug hasn't resurfaced. Perhaps the cartels find it too much of a threat to their shitty coke?

Perhaps the cartels find it too much of a threat to their shitty coke?
Whoever still uses shitty coke is gonna keep doing so lol... no, I don't think this is as simple as cartels. It must be deeper than that... or else I'm fuckin' pissed, where's my MXE?!