• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ 3 grams every hour is a very excessive amount. Say your up for 12 hours that 36 grams of kratom? No way man.

To needhelpshakin there is tons of information around here about using kratom for opiate withdrawl so just do a little searching and you will be amazed. Bluelight is a great place to be apart of. But yes seattle stranger is very experienced with kratom.

Ergicmergic...I have literally said the same thing before! Although i still think marijuana triumphs haha.

3 grams every hour does seem to be a bit much, not sure if that would be the right dose for me. what is a good first dose? i have been reading different posts on here and it is all very helpful and yet at the same time i am so confused. if i use kratom then i need to use something else to get off the kratom? how long could i use it before catching a habit, or gonna have withdrawls from it? god i am so scared and confused. anyone with any advice i would greatly appreciate it. i ordered maeng thai capsules. should i of ordered something else? i just want it to end. i tried using bupes for past week and dont think it was the right choice for me. How long should i wait in between last dose of bupe and first dose of kratom? I know these r alot of questions and i hope i didnt break any of the rules. please if any one can help me.

3 grams every hour works well for me, but then again I'm a fairly big guy with kratom tolerance.

All you have to do is just develop a feel for how often you take 3 grams, for you every 2 to 4 hours might be best

3 grams every hour does seem to be a bit much, not sure if that would be the right dose for me. what is a good first dose? i have been reading different posts on here and it is all very helpful and yet at the same time i am so confused. if i use kratom then i need to use something else to get off the kratom? how long could i use it before catching a habit, or gonna have withdrawls from it? god i am so scared and confused. anyone with any advice i would greatly appreciate it. i ordered maeng thai capsules. should i of ordered something else? i just want it to end. i tried using bupes for past week and dont think it was the right choice for me. How long should i wait in between last dose of bupe and first dose of kratom? I know these r alot of questions and i hope i didnt break any of the rules. please if any one can help me.

If youve ever experience full blown opiate w.d then kratom w.d a piece of cake. The best way to not get dependent or develop a tolerance is to take it a few times a week or even only a few times a month. Also don't get too into extracts. There's a lot of info on what your asking throuout this thread and google

Something I haven't found a lot about is eating AFTER kratom. I found one other forum where a few people claim it increases the effect eating an hour or so after dosing, but was seeing if anyone here has any experience doing it. I'm about to try it right after I finish posting this so if anyone cares I'll get back to you

Yep, you're right. The definition of "opioid" can indeed cover Kratom. Sorry for the confusion, I was giving my opinion more than anything. Ahh, semantics.

My opinion is that is should remain legal. It's not an opiate or opiod.
%)

^exactly why I would prefer it not be called an opioid.

is it necessary to add an acid? Also, would it be okay to just let the leaves be loose in the pan, or is a strainer recommended? I don't have a strainer, so would tea bags work? For simplicities sake, f I can just put them in the pot with the water that'd be nice.

Teabags are the only way to go, IMO. Buy "fill-your-own" teabags from any local health food store. I usually use 1tsp of powdered leaf per bag. Straining it is such a pain in the ass I don't see how I managed to make the tea before I started using teabags.

Using lemon juice is preferable, as it helps extract the goodies from the leaf. But, it is not a dealbreaker if you don't have any around.

Something I haven't found a lot about is eating AFTER kratom. I found one other forum where a few people claim it increases the effect eating an hour or so after dosing, but was seeing if anyone here has any experience doing it. I'm about to try it right after I finish posting this so if anyone cares I'll get back to you

I wouldn't expect any miracles as far as "effect increasing." It is nice to satisfy that hunger pain as it all kicks in, though.

The capsules, as with anything that is coming pre-packaged, have a huge markup. Best to buy regular bulk leaf.

Use the least amount you possibly can as least often as you possibly can, but also don't needlessly suffer.

3 grams (approx. 1tsp of powdered leaf) is a generally good starting point. Loperamide will do you a lot of good too.

Last edited:
Is it okay to mix kratom and alcohol? Two hours ago I drank my first cup of kratom tea (had never tried crushed leaf before, only extracts. 9.6 g of bali). I ate some of the plant matter after drinking the tea but decided against eating most of it. It's not as powerful I was expecting, perhaps I did not efficiently brew the tea. Anyway, if I want to crack open a beer in an hour or two, will it hurt?

Is it okay to mix kratom and alcohol? Two hours ago I drank my first cup of kratom tea (had never tried crushed leaf before, only extracts. 9.6 g of bali). I ate some of the plant matter after drinking the tea but decided against eating most of it. It's not as powerful I was expecting, perhaps I did not efficiently brew the tea. Anyway, if I want to crack open a beer in an hour or two, will it hurt?
Are you kidding, alcohol adds to the kratom buzz. Quite nicely too.

Forget about brewing kratom tea though, get the powder non-extract and drink beer with that

hmm ive been considering using kratom for my back pain i have a lot of trouble sleeping because of along with pain and what not and ive had problems with opiate addiction and i find my downfall to always getting back into them because of my back pain i end up doing a hydocodone or something and end up back in it. i messed up a few discs in my back a few years back and it doesnt stop hurting. now thats ive typed a small essay what strain would anyone recommend for back pain?

ive had a few people tell me kratom kills pain better for them then the opiate pharmies and doesnt make them fiend out

Kratom for what it is, is awesome. The fact that you can get such great results strictly from plant leaves is pretty cool. I have had many experiences with kratom and the only thing that I don't like about it is how fast you build a tolerance to it. It helped me get off heroin and has sustained me in my times of pain and stress. Anyone who is looking at kratom as a alternate to say percosets or vicodins, I would say go with the kratom.

Kratom for what it is, is awesome. The fact that you can get such great results strictly from plant leaves is pretty cool. I have had many experiences with kratom and the only thing that I don't like about it is how fast you build a tolerance to it. It helped me get off heroin and has sustained me in my times of pain and stress. Anyone who is looking at kratom as a alternate tho say percosets or vicodins, I would say go with the kratom.
how did you start. what was your first dosage. which strain did u use?

I only have experience in codeine WD's, but I took about 3 grams of non-extract kratom powder every hour for the first 3 days of WD (which are the worst). I also took 4 mg of loperamide every 2 hours or so.

Your WD should be greatly reduced to the point where you can go to work like normal.

Also kratom will cause some WD itself, but you can use phenibut to ease those WD's again.
An then...LOL..the phenibut will cause some WD's also, but you use GABA to WD from that again :)

GABA doesnt cause any WD, so you're ok after that
how much phenibut should i dose with? then how much gaba? do i take them together?

how much phenibut should i dose with? then how much gaba? do i take them together?
You can take about 250 mg phenibut + 250 mg GABA every couple of hrs or so for first 3 days of WD from kratom. Then you can stop the phenibut and use GABA to WD from phenibut for next 3 to 4 days or so.

If you do it properly you should be able to WD from everything relatively pain-free and go to work as usual

You can take about 250 mg phenibut + 250 mg GABA every couple of hrs or so for first 3 days of WD from kratom. Then you can stop the phenibut and use GABA to WD from phenibut for next 3 to 4 days or so.

If you do it properly you should be able to WD from everything relatively pain-free and go to work as usual
great thank you so much! waiting on order of kratom to come in and then i will start to get off of everything, i hope. will keep you posted. Is there any strain better than the other to use? should i switch strains daily?i think i am going to stick with capsules cause have terribly weak stomach and just the thought of tasting it makes me want to puke. dont think i will be able to down it.

Go with Bali cause you'll sleep better on that stuff.

No need to switch strains if you just use kratom for WD's
ok thanks. i already ordered maenga da thai capsules, was that a mistake? i only orderd a very small dose something like 28g i think. wasnt sure what to start with. i am going to place another order and i will order bali then. how much should i order to get through withdrawls?

i am searching web for phenibut and gaba, there are so many products. do i just get the ones that just say thier name or is it trickier than that?

ok thanks. i already ordered maenga da thai capsules, was that a mistake? i only orderd a very small dose something like 28g i think. wasnt sure what to start with. i am going to place another order and i will order bali then. how much should i order to get through withdrawls?
I'd get at least 100 grams just to be on safe side, perhaps even twice that

Status
Not open for further replies.