• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Mega Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Berdo I've never had a problem with constipation from kratom, it's relatively weak in that aspect compared to other opioids. You can always take it with a stool softener and/or laxitive if you have an issue w it.

Wow, it's the complete opposite for me. I find kratom and bupe to be the most constipating of all the opioids.

I know, I'm on Kratom right now and I feel pretty much the same way.

I don't feel the same when it comes to feeling that I need radically different amounts though, because usually similar amounts will have similar effects for me, it's just that it's SO damn hard for me to figure out the right amount, and since I only do Kratom one day a week I redose several times during the day and it's SO hard to tell how much is in my system at any given moment and since just the littlest bit too much makes me feel like shit it's even more complex getting the dose right.

That's why I think "less is more", because when you are dosing multiple times a day you always have to account for however much might be left in your system that you didn't think about and expect that you should take less or you'll take too much and feel shitty (at least in my case).

Also, I'd say "less is more" because if you take too little your high might just not be as strong as you want, but take too much and you can ruin your entire experience and feel bad for 3-4 hours till it wears off, so I am finding it's always smartest to take less than you think you need and only redose if you've really given yourself a long time to feel the effects of the dose you are on.

Taking too much is no longer an issue for me since I started buying my kratom at a local herb shop. When I was ordering kratom online, it was cheaper and slightly more potent but if I took even a little too much I'd get horrible eye wobbles and dizziness. However the kratom I get at my local herb shop is the cleanest kratom I've ever experienced. Doesn't matter how much I take, I never experience any unpleasant side effects.

fentanyl, pethidine, levorphanol, methadone, tramadol, dextropropoxyphene are not derived from opiates

^ Yes, but all the synthetics (opioids) are derived from opiates (naturally occurring alkaloids of papaver), afaik.

I went a little crazy and did-nonstop dosing for a month straight using 1oz-1.2oz of powdered maeng da per day. Last dose was Friday and I feel like shit. The not-motivated-to-do-anything aspect of the withdrawal is what kills me. It probably didn't help to stop taking etizolam at the same time either, but I still am sleeping 8hr/night. Getting out of bed is like climbing Mt. Everest. I have to force myself to do everything from shaving to driving.

Yeah my WD from half oz to cold turkey of high quality bali was three days with two nights no sleep, tired /restlessness , crawling of skin opiods are known for....but desire to use was NIL. Strange but true. You should really try tapering next time , if you can pin point. It really makes it cake walk (at least for me it did). I had a friend recently jump to 30 grams bali a day from an IV heroin addiction. he said there was a little pain switching but lasted two days. Hes now down to 2 grams per dose 4 times a day and doing great. Hes able to function again and claims "I saved his life". Hes not out of the woods yet but from IV heroin to 8 grams kratom a day in three months is huge progress IMO

Last edited:
fentanyl, pethidine, levorphanol, methadone, tramadol, dextropropoxyphene are not derived from opiates

Thanks for this, I know nothing about chemistry. Are they BASED on the same structure as morphine? I understand Mytraginine is almost "tryptamine" like or closely related to yohimbe.

I just googled the molecules tramadol, morphine, yohimbe, kratom, fentanyl....and superficially they yohimbe and kratom look very alike. And then morphine and tramadol look alike. Fentanyl looks different from all of them

Last edited:
Im going to be in probably pretty strong WD a day or two from now, just took my last bit of kratom and I'm not going to order more. I was doing fine on the dosing until the last two months where I just got irresponsibly high doses, two three even four times a day, and it didn't even give me any effects. I know it's going to be a strong wd, because while waiting for a package last week it got delayed for 2 days, and on that 2nd night the pain in my body started and it was terribly intense pain. Got to the point where even 20g of kratom did nothing, so you know my tolerance is fucked. Oh well, no one to blame but myself.

Hopefully I can make it easier, I got some immodium, phenibut, and a few clonidine pills. The phenibut I'll use for the first two acute days and maybe throw the lope in for diarrhea. I have heard magnesium helps the restless legs, which I fucking hate, and I have magnesium citrate pills that are highly absorbable. Insomnia will suck because I have to be up at 5am for my job, and I imagine the depression that comes later will be even worse since I was using kratom to get through the boredom of the day and to cover my depression up. Wish me luck. At this point I'm looking forward to not have to spend so much money or so much time making a ton of capsules and swallowing them to cop a buzz.

Are there any good herbs that will help out? Something like ginseng, rhodiola or ashwagandha? If any of yall have some suggestions I would love to hear em

edit: I forgot to mention I have kava which should help with the restless legs and some of the nerve pain and lower body thats going to flare up

Yeah my WD from half oz to cold turkey of high quality bali was three days with two nights no sleep, tired /restlessness , crawling of skin opiods are known for....but desire to use was NIL. Strange but true. You should really try tapering next time , if you can pin point. It really makes it cake walk (at least for me it did). I had a friend recently jump to 30 grams bali a day from an IV heroin addiction. he said there was a little pain switching but lasted two days. Hes now down to 2 grams per dose 4 times a day and doing great. Hes able to function again and claims "I saved his life". Hes not out of the woods yet but from IV heroin to 8 grams kratom a day in three months is huge progress IMO

Thanks for the advice - I always took kratom 5 days on (mon-fri) and 2 days off (sat & sun) and never got withdrawals beyond the psychological "well this could be better if I added kratom" type of nagging thought. I knew it'd be better to taper, but I forced myself to take the past 5 days off by getting past the Saturday cut-off for kratom shipments. Once I got over that hump I knew I wouldn't be able to get kratom til Tuesday. There are no headshops in my area with kratom (and if there are, please, for my own sake, don't tell me lol), so it's a good strategy.

Its amazing how tough it is to stop taking virtually any kind of opioid drug after long term use. I am down to 3 grams of kratom twice daily and when its getting time for my dose I have no energy and restlessness and just want to sleep. It's nothing like coming off opiates, even low doses of opiates, but it still sucks enough that I don't want to stop.

I had constipation when I first started eating kratom regularly. Then it leveled out and I never have any problems. Not sure if I changed something about my diet or if my body just got used to a lot of plant matter.

Im going to be in probably pretty strong WD a day or two from now, just took my last bit of kratom and I'm not going to order more. I was doing fine on the dosing until the last two months where I just got irresponsibly high doses, two three even four times a day, and it didn't even give me any effects. I know it's going to be a strong wd, because while waiting for a package last week it got delayed for 2 days, and on that 2nd night the pain in my body started and it was terribly intense pain. Got to the point where even 20g of kratom did nothing, so you know my tolerance is fucked. Oh well, no one to blame but myself.

Hopefully I can make it easier, I got some immodium, phenibut, and a few clonidine pills. The phenibut I'll use for the first two acute days and maybe throw the lope in for diarrhea. I have heard magnesium helps the restless legs, which I fucking hate, and I have magnesium citrate pills that are highly absorbable. Insomnia will suck because I have to be up at 5am for my job, and I imagine the depression that comes later will be even worse since I was using kratom to get through the boredom of the day and to cover my depression up. Wish me luck. At this point I'm looking forward to not have to spend so much money or so much time making a ton of capsules and swallowing them to cop a buzz.

Are there any good herbs that will help out? Something like ginseng, rhodiola or ashwagandha? If any of yall have some suggestions I would love to hear em

edit: I forgot to mention I have kava which should help with the restless legs and some of the nerve pain and lower body thats going to flare up

Yes, go to a middle eastern grocery store and get some black seed aka kalanji aka black cumin aka nigella sativa. Make sure its the right stuff it can be tricky to find sometimes....do a google search to be sure...they give it to opiate detox patients in the middle east.

Im curious is this tolerance of yours strictly from kratom or did you switch from something else. Its sounds like your eating an ungodly amount of leaf? Did you use extracts at any point? If I even look at 7 grams a get the "wobbles". (dysphoria, dizziness) I cant exceed 6 grams without some discomfort.

Liftedgift, yeah I got stopped up form Kratom initially but it seemed to level out within a month or so of my use. Opiates make me far more irregular.

I've never had any access to conventional opiates so kratom has been all I'm using, all plain leaf, maybe an extract every 1 or 2 months. Extracts were just too pricey to use, and plain leaf was chewing up my wallet as well. My tolerance got so high because I didn't take any breaks, was a daily user for that entire time except maybe when waiting for shipments, so 2 or 3 days MAX break. Then I noticed it wasn't working and instead of taking a break I decided to take more and more (already mentally addicted at that point). Its kind sad actually, I would take so much kratom that my head would start hurting so bad, then I would down a couple of aleve just so I could 'enjoy' the kratom buzz. And I use the term enjoy loosely lol. So yeah it's just my addictive personality, I usually take things to the extreme and when they start negatively impacting my life I drop em.

Did the same exact thing with synthetic weed and the WDs from that weren't fun either, but I haven't used that in about 1.5 years.

So even though I'm not looking forward to the WDs necessarily, I'm looking forward not to have nasty routine of swallowing a fuck ton of pills. I know these next few weeks will probably be rough, but only because it will be under the veil that is drug withdrawal.

Youre right but knowing my personality I wouldn't even fuck with the stuff. I had a guy who sold it along with weed and other shit and I didn't even dare dabble in the harder opiates. He sold shit like oxymorphone and roxis, but I said no to everything except the fine herb. Thats a dangerous game that I lose 99 out of 100 times lol

Good on you man, Im tellin ya...kratoms hooks penetrate far less than true opiates. If you have difficulty with kratoms habit forming qualities be very careful with opiates.

Good on you man, Im tellin ya...kratoms hooks penetrate far less than true opiates. If you have difficulty with kratoms habit forming qualities be very careful with opiates.
For sure man. I saw first hand the effects of opiate addiction on one of my buddies, totally changed him. I can handle the kratom addiction but it'll be rough but I can't imagine coming off something like heavy heroin or fentanyl use. Anyways I got the word that I may be being hooked up with some weed, if that's the case these WDs should be a walk in the park...

Taking too much is no longer an issue for me since I started buying my kratom at a local herb shop. When I was ordering kratom online, it was cheaper and slightly more potent but if I took even a little too much I'd get horrible eye wobbles and dizziness. However the kratom I get at my local herb shop is the cleanest kratom I've ever experienced. Doesn't matter how much I take, I never experience any unpleasant side effects.

Well, I'm buying from a quality source that was recommended to me by a very knowledgable poster so I think it's the best option for me and there aren't even head shops that sell Kratom near me.

I'm getting better at finding the right dose, I think I just need to keep practicing.

^ Yes, but all the synthetics (opioids) are derived from opiates (naturally occurring alkaloids of papaver), afaik.

I went a little crazy and did-nonstop dosing for a month straight using 1oz-1.2oz of powdered maeng da per day. Last dose was Friday and I feel like shit. The not-motivated-to-do-anything aspect of the withdrawal is what kills me. It probably didn't help to stop taking etizolam at the same time either, but I still am sleeping 8hr/night. Getting out of bed is like climbing Mt. Everest. I have to force myself to do everything from shaving to driving.

Man the physical ache I have sometimes waking up makes me feel like I'm 80. Luckily I've never experienced a full on opiate withdrawal so I can't say if kratom WD is even close but phenibut knocked out most of my WD symptoms. By day 4 most of the physical problems are done, it's just the boredom that gets to me. I am still able to eat, go to the gym, go to work, function around people during withdrawal. I mean this was after 2 years of daily plain leaf use. But kratom withdrawal is real and it's something to consider before taking.

My last few kratom experiences have been riddled with a plague of negative side effects.

I've tried it a few times in the past, a few different products from headshops, had some pretty decent experiences but nothing too crazy for better or worst.

Recently got my hands on some Maeng Da from two different vendors.

First time I tried to do toss and wash, puked.

Then onto capsules and when I finally got it down, despite some half decent effects, I ended up being overwhelmed with an experience reminiscent of a bad weed high but not exactly the same.If you're one who knows what I'm talking about, you may be familiar with the feeling of anxiety, quite heady, and not really fun, very psychological and also psychedelic in the worst way possible. Not even mentioning how it also makes me still feel kinda sick to my stomach and that feeling kinda also deducts from any positive.

I tried it a few times, some of them not being quite so bad, but the underlying difficulties are still present to some degree.

I was thinking perhaps a strain change would make a difference, but I don't know. Was thinking maybe less is more might be a better approach and then I was also maybe thinking at a higher dose, a euphoric opiate effect could come into play that would counter this, but quite doubtful of that.

Thoughts?

Relapsed on Kratom this weekend after having quit for 2 and 1/2 weeks... was having PAWS and was at a college grad party and was the night of my birthday. Trigger on top of trigger on top of trigger. Did a couple low doses of extract from the local head shop within a ~20 hour period. And now some physical symptoms are back. From that! Will this ever go away? :/

^ Yes if you stay clean and find something positive to replace the kratom with.. doing the same things you were before you quit eventually lead back to the drug.. at least in my experience.

Anyone else get powdered kratom and not be able to dose because you were already in withdrawal? Worst experience. It's so frustrating trying to get a toss-n-wash to stay down when you keep gagging from being in withdrawal and knowing that the only way out is to get this shit to stay down, lol. It's ironically evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.