• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom (Mega)Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better store those kilos properly, or in about a year it wont be even half as potent. it is semi-fresh ground plant containing alkaloids of mostly unknown properties.... Just a warning. I think kratom will stay legal, if not well... lets just say I wont be the only fiend to end up switching back to harder opiates if kratom wasnt around!

Better store those kilos properly, or in about a year it wont be even half as potent. it is semi-fresh ground plant containing alkaloids of mostly unknown properties.... Just a warning. I think kratom will stay legal, if not well... lets just say I wont be the only fiend to end up switching back to harder opiates if kratom wasnt around!

I have some green malay and borneo red vein I bought over a year ago and they are both still about the same potency as they were when I bought them. I just kept them stored in a drawer in my room thats not exposed to any sunlight.

I am on day 11 off my 30mg methadone habbit. I took stupid amounts of loperamide the first 5 days. I ran out of my benzo script also on day five and had a seizure. so I have my benzos back and switched from loperamide to kratom on day 6. I currently am taking 7 grams bali in the morning and 3.5 grams during the day. I am dosing up to four times a day though. I am almost out of my kratom and wish my order would come in. I am worried that I will have to go back to the lope. If I did I think it would prolong my withdrawal. Am I doing this right (safely) because I still feel pretty shitty. Love Always, KICKIT

think all you want. personally, i have several kilos on the way....
If worse comes to worse, I'll start up a bitcoin account on the deepweb, and start shipping kilos from Canada into the US.

I'll just package the kratom as nutmeg powder or some shit like that, US customs wont suspect a thing. I highly doubt they'll have kratom test kits anytime soon

Just a matter of time folks. If cannabis cannot be legal, kratom sure as hell won't get past the Dick Eating Agency, and the Corrupt Interfering Asslickers who make sure american policy is pushed across the globe.

Man, I've been listening to people say the same thing on forums since 2009. I wonder when it's actually gonna get it's own piece of legislature.

Man, I've been listening to people say the same thing on forums since 2009. I wonder when it's actually gonna get it's own piece of legislature.

United States

Kratom itself is not regulated by the United States federal government, though the Drug Enforcement Administration includes the botanical in its "Drug and Chemical of Concern" list.[21]

Indiana House of Representatives HB1196, sponsored by Edward DeLaney, Steve Davisson, Terri Austin, Vernon G. Smith, and David Yarde during the 2012 regular session as a response to increasing synthetic drug use, made Indiana the first and only state to ban kratom, although indirectly.[22] The text of the bill added kratom's two active alkaloids—mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine—to the state's list of controlled substances, though kratom itself is not synthetic and was not specifically addressed by the authors of the bill. Petitioners on Change.org subsequently sought delisting of kratom's alkaloids by raising the issue with Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels.[23]

Iowa legislators grouped Mitragyna speciosa as a synthetic cannabinoid when a bill was proposed that would reclassify nearly all controlled substances in their state.[24][25] However, kratom is not a synthetic or a cannabinoid. The Louisiana legislature proposed an age limit of 18 to be able to legally purchase, possess and consume kratom. Violators would have been assessed a penalty of no more than $500, or sentenced to six months in jail, or both.[26]

Massachusetts Representative Daniel K. Webster sponsored legislation in 2011 that would have included compounds of Mitragyna speciosa in the state's controlled substance classification list.[27]
Adulteration
Kratom leaf

As with any substance that is ingested, adulteration or contamination is also a risk. One product, Krypton that contained a mix of several different substances rather than natural kratom was linked to the deaths of nine people in Sweden during 2010-2011.[28][29][30][31][32][33] Krypton contained O-desmethyltramadol which is the active metabolite in tramadol.[2] O-desmethyltramadol is a considerably more potent μ-opioid agonist than Tramadol, its parent compound.[34] Since it is possible to overdose on Tramadol alone,[35] it can be assumed its more potent active metabolite, O-desmethyltramadol, causes fatalities as well. However, there has never been a single documented lethal case of kratom overdose.[14]

-wiki

The collective ignorance/corruption of our legislature, combined with peoples jaded/uninformed/dis-informed attitude towards politics in general, leads me to the cynical perspective all too often i find in congruence with reality- our failure to function as a democratic republic. And that the pharmaceutical lobby will use their connections to shape controlled substance legislature to their advantage. and unpatentable plant based drugs just are not their friends.

I tried kratom for the third time yesterday, felt nothing the other times aT moderate doses but yesterday i ate around 15 - 18 g or dried premium thai with some yoghurt. Still not impressed with it tbh, got Decent sedation, drowsiness, felt relaxed but nothing other than that really. Any tips to get the most out of it?

I tried kratom for the third time yesterday, felt nothing the other times aT moderate doses but yesterday i ate around 15 - 18 g or dried premium thai with some yoghurt. Still not impressed with it tbh, got Decent sedation, drowsiness, felt relaxed but nothing other than that really. Any tips to get the most out of it?
You might still be getting cross-tolerance from other opiates

@ liftedgift - I think you were right about the kratom WD and not just kratom effects re. my conking the hell out for 12-14 hours. I just couldn't believe it, but I quit taking it and after sleeping most of the weekend, my sleep finally appears to be back to normal. Junkie logic on my part, sorry, but wanted to say thanks for repeating that until I got it through my head what you were saying.

Hiltoniano,

i've had kratom for years just sealed in a ziploc bag with no noticeable decrease in potency. Now I keep it all sealed in mason jars in a drawer (no light). I've had my current batch for over 1.5 years with absolutely no change in potency.

it ages like fine wine

Hmm interesting, I have noticed a small decrease in potency of an ounce I had in 2 ziplock backs sealed tight in a safe. Idk, maybe I just didnt seal it right, but it was only about 3/4 as strong after a few months of sitting. It wasnt a big deal though because my tolerance went down. And here I am on the kratom thread, whilst eating kratom... coincidental?

I'm not sure what else you're expecting to get from it or what you think "the most" would be. It's subtle, and imo, even though lots of people say all kinds of things, I don't find it AT ALL comparable to any kind of opiate in terms of effects, and while I haven't taken every opiate in existence, I've taken most of them. Sedation, drowsiness, and feeling relaxed is what I'd expect from kratom at high doses (and 15-18 gr is indeed a high dose), but I cannot for myself compare it realistically to any opiate I've ever taken. eta: actually, if I took 15-18 grams, I'd get the wobblies and feel like crap. I've only tried that much twice and regretted it both times. Very unpleasant. So ymmv obviously.

Now, in the interest of full disclosure/the bigger picture, I'm only a month out from a four-year daily pod habit (and before that it was pills), so it's possible that it might treat some people who are kratom-naive and not opiate-dependent or very recently clean differently than it treats me. But the people I hear saying "yeah, man, kratom is like [fill in the opiate]" are usually not too opiated prior to that. But if you can take a lortab and feel it, then maybe it will feel different to you, I don't know - it's probably been 8 years since there was any point in my taking a lortab. But it's also possible that you need to adjust your expectations. Even experienced kratom users will often say that it's a lot more subtle and "clean" than various things it gets compared to. And I know personally that I have often enjoyed kratom more when I take less of it - it's kind of something you have to cooperate with and ride along with, if that makes any sense at all, rather than being a "take x amount and get x effect" button-pushing, predictable type of thing. You can't force it, I guess is part of what I'm trying to say (I don't know if that makes sense to you or not, hard to explain).

Last edited:
I store mine similar to dcraver, in mason jars and in a safe. Some of kratom is about 9 months old and it still gives me good effects at 1.5 teaspoons (5 grams?). I also have a once a month 15-20mg oxy/hydrocodone tolerance. I typically take kratom 2-3 times a week and take the week off prior to doing the opiods.

Maybe try 200-400mg tagamet 45 minutes taking the kratom on an empty stomach.

Yeah, if properly stored most kratom powder should last for 1 to 2 years.

Properly stored means away from light, heat and humidity. A cool basement is best, and always use glass storage bottles

I really hate to think this might be the beginning of the end but its being classified in the same category as JWH/bath salts and other synthetic highs. I hate that other chemicals might be the reason that kratom goes down. There is now a metabolite test for kratom which was developed by a certain lab. I'm scared as hell because this same thing happened with JWH and my probation even tests for JWH and bath salts now, maybe they will add kratom to the list?

Ahhh daytryptr that's right. I read about all of those (on the wiki page derp) a while ago and just totally forgot about them. Man, almost every one of those bills were drafted or passed in 2011-12 - that's nuts! I can see why people who have been using kratom pre-2010 would be stocking up; that's quite a lot of attention after being sold in the US for quite some time.

I still feel as though kratom is somewhat "underground" from the general population. I haven't seen anything on the nightly news, for example. And since I've been using kratom, not one person I mention it to has heard of it before. I'm saying all of this to console myself, its okay, the government is catching on to us, its okay... haha =D

I'm not sure what else you're expecting to get from it or what you think "the most" would be. It's subtle, and imo, even though lots of people say all kinds of things, I don't find it AT ALL comparable to any kind of opiate in terms of effects, and while I haven't taken every opiate in existence, I've taken most of them. Sedation, drowsiness, and feeling relaxed is what I'd expect from kratom at high doses (and 15-18 gr is indeed a high dose), but I cannot for myself compare it realistically to any opiate I've ever taken. eta: actually, if I took 15-18 grams, I'd get the wobblies and feel like crap. I've only tried that much twice and regretted it both times. Very unpleasant. So ymmv obviously.

Now, in the interest of full disclosure/the bigger picture, I'm only a month out from a four-year daily pod habit (and before that it was pills), so it's possible that it might treat some people who are kratom-naive and not opiate-dependent or very recently clean differently than it treats me. But the people I hear saying "yeah, man, kratom is like [fill in the opiate]" are usually not too opiated prior to that. But if you can take a lortab and feel it, then maybe it will feel different to you, I don't know - it's probably been 8 years since there was any point in my taking a lortab. But it's also possible that you need to adjust your expectations. Even experienced kratom users will often say that it's a lot more subtle and "clean" than various things it gets compared to. And I know personally that I have often enjoyed kratom more when I take less of it - it's kind of something you have to cooperate with and ride along with, if that makes any sense at all, rather than being a "take x amount and get x effect" button-pushing, predictable type of thing. You can't force it, I guess is part of what I'm trying to say (I don't know if that makes sense to you or not, hard to explain).

Yeah i see what you mean, i guess ymmv as always with any drug, but i did expect more effects from it. Ive teied codeine once, around 200 mg got a nice high and that was way better in every way than kratom, so even as a very inexperienced opiate user i can tell its not much like an opiate. It felt more like i had taken a couple of benzos with a slight strangeness to it

Ahhh daytryptr that's right. I read about all of those (on the wiki page derp) a while ago and just totally forgot about them. Man, almost every one of those bills were drafted or passed in 2011-12 - that's nuts! I can see why people who have been using kratom pre-2010 would be stocking up; that's quite a lot of attention after being sold in the US for quite some time.

I still feel as though kratom is somewhat "underground" from the general population. I haven't seen anything on the nightly news, for example. And since I've been using kratom, not one person I mention it to has heard of it before. I'm saying all of this to console myself, its okay, the government is catching on to us, its okay... haha =D

Oh man there is plenty on the nightly news, at least a couple dozen local broadcasts demonizing it as the "new bath salts". Pretty uniformed hysteria. I have a google account that just scan media for "kratom" and it is all over the place lately. Sad to see. And Indonesia supposedly just banned exports until they could figure out a proper export tax, they want their cut. Several states have pending legislation lumping kratom in with cannabinoids and cathinones. I'd say it's days are numbered, at least in terms of availability and price.

Status
Not open for further replies.