• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom (Mega)Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know about using Kratom for depression while taking pain meds? (there is no search function on an individual thread)

i am currently on kratom for metadone withdraws, day 6 no metadone! night time is pretty shitty, the sweating the chills but the daytime is okay, i feel about 80%

I took a higher dose the first week depending on how I felt. I think I could have taken enough to feel 100%. I did want to feel some pain and discomfort though. I want to taper to nothing asap. The longer you take Kratom I believe the longer it will prolong your withdrawal feeling (so I have read). I was dosing 7grams in the morning and 3grams up to three times a day on week one. Week two I got down to 5grams in the morning and 3grams three times a day. By week three I could drop pretty fast but I seem to be stuck at 2.5grams two to three times a day. I am just going to drop by .1 or .2grams every couple days until I am at 0.

i didnt know what kind of kratom to buy so i got asample pack. i take 3 grams 3 times daily. sometimes it makes me feel alittle jittery,like typing now my hands are shaking. as far as the pain,it's barable.morning sucks until i have my tea, then it takes about 15 minutes to kick in,but it does kick in( thank the universe)!then i cap 6 gel caps, for my 2nd dose at noon. 6 more at dinner. I would be pretty unhappy without it!

I have noticed the red vein bali is more sedative than the white or green vein bali. I also read it is good to have a sample pack because you can jump strains to keep your tolerance low or taper faster. I think that is why my taper is going slow now because I am building up a tolerance to this strain. I think it also has something to do with feeling better and not wanting to feel like shit anymore.

The first few times i took kratom (2-4g) i got mad sick and depressed the day after, really really awful. Lasted for solid 20-24hrs.

I was just about to post in this thread asking if anyone had experiences with post-kratom depression. I encouraged my friend to try kratom. He said he wouldn't be using it anymore, since the few times he did it, it made him sleep forever and then feel depressed the next day. I haven't encountered anything like that.

There are some differences between us that could be a factor. For example:

-I suffer from depression, he does not (I haven't had a "low phase" for quite some time though, go me!);
-I have a horrible time trying to fall asleep and kratom is immensely helpful for getting me my 8 hours, my friend has no trouble sleeping at all.

Does anyone else have any anecdotal evidence of kratom causing depression? I'm a little worried, since I am predisposed to depressive moods. If kratom might cause me to become depressed, I definitely want to avoid it. Though, I've been using it for nearly 2 months now and I've been really pleased with how it makes me feel.

Hi everyone!I have just signed up for this forum. It seems there is a wealth of information here and I'd love to add to it!

I have been searching online and here for days now and cant find any answers to my questions regarding Kratom. I would like to know, if taking daily for a few months or so can this cause mental awareness problems. How long until dark circles or patches appear on your face. Does kratom cause weight lose. Has anyone had dental or gum problems from taking it.

I've read online that some people have taken it daily for years with no problems and aren't worried about withdrawals or possible long term effects. These concern me but I am yet to read when people do have problems. Kratom in my opinion is like coffee. It wakes you up, energizes you and motivates you. Maybe this is a dangerous view?

Oh and I almost forgot. Skin rashes? Is this side effect or maybe my own issue lol.

Ive searched so much for these answers and maybe ive over looked a thread here. So I really do appreciate your thoughts. Ive even spoken to people at head shops with no help from them. Thanks for your time reading this and in advance for any thoughts!

Last edited:
I've never heard of mental awareness problems with kratom. Perhaps withdrawal after long-term use could cause mental clarity to decline, but that's just my educated guess.

I believe you need to be actively ingesting kratom for several hours a day, for several years, before you see significant darkening of the skin.

Weight loss may be an indirect effect of kratom. If one is consuming grams upon grams of powder a day, then they are probably not going to eat as many calories as they would otherwise. It also causes nausea, so that can affect apetite. On the other hand, I eat my kratom with chocolate pudding so maybe I'll gain weight :p

Withdrawal from kratom is very very real, in particular, with extracts. The withdrawal from plain leaf compared to extracts is like comparing a 6-car-accident to a fender bender.

I've never heard of mental awareness problems with kratom. Perhaps withdrawal after long-term use could cause mental clarity to decline, but that's just my educated guess.

I believe you need to be actively ingesting kratom for several hours a day, for several years, before you see significant darkening of the skin.

Weight loss may be an indirect effect of kratom. If one is consuming grams upon grams of powder a day, then they are probably not going to eat as many calories as they would otherwise. It also causes nausea, so that can affect apetite. On the other hand, I eat my kratom with chocolate pudding so maybe I'll gain weight :p

Withdrawal from kratom is very very real, in particular, with extracts. The withdrawal from plain leaf compared to extracts is like comparing a 6-car-accident to a fender bender.

Thanks for the reply! im not sure what plain leaf is, is that just Bali? Ive learned about mang da and thai specifically. Me personally like tea and I get hunger pains. And a desire to eat sweats. Do you think 5grams a day for a few months is a lot? Its been almost a day since ive had my tea, and frankly, I am worried whats to come. Im tempted to get more... As far as withdrawals go, I had surgery last december. I was on about 90mg of plain percacet until Feb this year. The dr refused to help me get off it since that meant giving me more.... So i found kratom. Awesome thing to help with withdrawals!!! But now it's been a few months and im not sure where to go from here.

Plain leaf is just powdered kratom leaves, or the leaves of the plant themselves (so Bali powder would fall under the category of plain leaf). I honestly don't think your withdrawals from 5g-a-day-tea are going to be severe. However, I'm not you and I don't know your body, so it would be best to start tapering. You can try taking 3 grams a day for a week, then 1.5 grams a day for another week, and then stop entirely. You can probably taper in an even shorter amount of time, just see how you feel during the weeks of smaller doses.

Plain leaf is just powdered kratom leaves, or the leaves of the plant themselves (so Bali powder would fall under the category of plain leaf). I honestly don't think your withdrawals from 5g-a-day-tea are going to be severe. However, I'm not you and I don't know your body, so it would be best to start tapering. You can try taking 3 grams a day for a week, then 1.5 grams a day for another week, and then stop entirely. You can probably taper in an even shorter amount of time, just see how you feel during the weeks of smaller doses.

k thanks for the advise! Thats what i want to do. And in my area I have to drive a good 30 minutes to get a decent price. Which i have had a hard time online finding. Ive been paying 20$ for 15 g. I think thats crazy expensive but you know who can you trust online?

We are not allowed to discuss sources on this site. However, you can easily find vendors by using Google and stumbling across forums that allow vendor discussion.

After a long time I've purchased 100g of Thai kratom again from my regular vendor. They've dropped their prices about 50% on kratom since I last bought some but potency seems the same. Usually did a tnw but I remembered that back on edot(when it was still around) some people mixed their kratom with applesauce. If you want zero kratom-taste this is the way to go. You can't even smell it anymore. I do advise to use a hand blender and mix it very well if you use crushed leaf. It'll have nasty texture if you don't.
5 g of thai kratom still seems the dose for me to feel euphoric, and alert yet relaxed at the same time. And I just love going to bed and fade away,come back and fade away again on it.(is this what they call nodding?)

Btw, do you guys sometimes experience jaw tension? I tend to push my teeth on eachother when i'm on kratom.

Yeah i know were cant site sources. I think though i found a cheaper place and will stick to it. Ive googled, and without user reviews really you dont know what your buying and i dont buy anything until i know there are satisfied buyers. Especially products you consume. You cant return if it turns out to be bad right. For example, I bought shampoo on amazon and it had no reviews... I ended up with bumps on my scalp and losing hair. Wont do that again! haha

I should add that kratom doesn't tend to make me depressive nowadays, it was just during the first 2-3x times i was taking it. It was also the very first opioid i tried, so it was perhaps because of this. But those were really bad days. The first was the worst, i was so sick and ill, i would've liked to just drop dead!

But i also remember the first two times it worked as it "should be". It was like falling into a giant piece of cotton, i(t) felt so warm and good, it was heaven! Even though kratom is said to be not very potent, this is something just kratom seems to give me. Unfortunately it's a hit-n-miss thing, because it happens 1/10 times, ...at least to that degree.

Some other thing which is still happening since my first days is, that the day after taking some opioid, i'm more agitated and short-tempered.

I was just about to post in this thread asking if anyone had experiences with post-kratom depression. I encouraged my friend to try kratom. He said he wouldn't be using it anymore, since the few times he did it, it made him sleep forever and then feel depressed the next day. I haven't encountered anything like that.

There are some differences between us that could be a factor. For example:

-I suffer from depression, he does not (I haven't had a "low phase" for quite some time though, go me!);
-I have a horrible time trying to fall asleep and kratom is immensely helpful for getting me my 8 hours, my friend has no trouble sleeping at all.

Does anyone else have any anecdotal evidence of kratom causing depression? I'm a little worried, since I am predisposed to depressive moods. If kratom might cause me to become depressed, I definitely want to avoid it. Though, I've been using it for nearly 2 months now and I've been really pleased with how it makes me feel.

The acute withdrawal's most salient feature, in my opinion, is the crushing depression which lasts a touch longer than the short opioid-like withdrawal symptoms. I severely doubt that Kratom will cause long-term depression but it might make you feel a little worthless and hopeless for a couple weeks after quitting.

one thing is certain to me -- if one has trouble soberly dealing with emotional ups and downs or if one has a predisposition to depressive episodes, it might be harder for them to quit kratom.

one thing is certain to me -- if one has trouble soberly dealing with emotional ups and downs or if one has a predisposition to depressive episodes, it might be harder for them to quit kratom.

I think that is true of every substance of abuse. It's known that people who suffer from depression have a higher rate of addiction than those who do not have a mood disorder.

Does anybody know if quitting kratom also causes long-term PAWS afterwards??

5 g of thai kratom still seems the dose for me to feel euphoric, and alert yet relaxed at the same time. And I just love going to bed and fade away,come back and fade away again on it.(is this what they call nodding?)

Btw, do you guys sometimes experience jaw tension? I tend to push my teeth on eachother when i'm on kratom.

At least it sounds like you're nodding, yes.

And i'm also experiencing jaw tensions from opioids sometimes, but not just from kratom.

I could think that's possible.

It depends on the length of your usage. I was physically dependant on suboxone for about 2 years until this past july when I jumped off the sub and ordered kratom with the intention of using it for a month to replace 30 days of withdrawal with a week or so. After seeing how kratom was superior to bupe in every way(cheaper, better for cravings, ect) I opted to use kratom as a maintenance tool. When I quit Im going to have way worse PAWS than someone who has only been using for say 6 months or so. IME positive influences in ones life such as going to school, exercising, finding a job/person you love can greatly reduce the duration of PAWS

Last edited:
k thanks for the advise! Thats what i want to do. And in my area I have to drive a good 30 minutes to get a decent price. Which i have had a hard time online finding. Ive been paying 20$ for 15 g. I think thats crazy expensive but you know who can you trust online?

Yes I have read the same. I am one month off my methadone and am thinking about taking either some stem and plant matter to finish my taper to nothing or even use some plant matter I have from making tea. I have been stuck at 2.5grams for about a week. If I have to deal with this mild withdrawal I will. And stay away from extracts because you cant measure accurately.

Question for all you kratom users.

The secondary kratom withdrawals (the ones that last about 3.5 weeks after the initial 4 day-withdrawal period), on a scale of 1 to 10 how bad is the secondary WD period for you??

Well prices have shot up, this Indonesian export issue really screwed over the whole market. Prices probably won't ever come down to what they were a month ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.