Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television The Killing

I really kind of hate this show, but I keep watching it. I think I'm expecting it to get better. I've just never felt like it did.
Mireille Enos is a good actress and I like her partners character....
I think the problem, more than anything, was that the Larsen's were boring and/or annoying and unrelatable. I never really cared who killed Rosie.
I'm hoping with the Larsen clan gone the show can reach a higher point of watchability.

Did anyone else watch the 2 hour season premiere?
I was pretty impressed. The grittiness that they tried for and, IMO, failed at achieving in the first couple seasons was there. Mireille Enos still does slightly crazed very well and there's no Larsen's.
After 2 hours, I'm more interested in who committed these murders and their connection to the death row inmate than I was with anything Rosie Larsen related during the first two seasons.
The shot at the end was creepy and beautiful, too.
I felt like there was a reason why I kept watching this show despite kind of hating it and I'm cautiously optimistic that this season might be why. Maybe.

i watched the first episode, directed by ed bianchi fucking nice, could definitely tell everything was framed better. If they can keep this going it'll transcend the shitty second season which wasn't that bad and this show may have some promise. Once i heard about the third season i was like 'oh no not some rosie larsen bullshit again' but they've actually made it better IMO. Though it's going to be tough to top the first season's absolutely dark, horrible, fucked up and miserable tone.

i love how linden stares out the window like the crazy psychotic cop she is. There's meaning and purpose to every scene. The second season was hard to get through but i think this season has serious potential. Is it still on AMC? it looks like Fox took it on instead but i'm not sure.

^The premiere was on AMC.
The "Same cops! New Case!" promos had me nervous that it'd be shitty, but so far, so good.
I like her stares, too. I especially liked the scene where the guy she'd been seeing was making his case in the car. She puts her chin on his hand, gets that bizarre look on her face and says, "Sorry". She looked like she might as well have been speaking to a plastic bag.
I thought it was well done/acted and I laughed some.

As it was already said, if you enjoy this series, you should definitely watch the Danish version. This one is so much worse (I say this after seeing the first season only). Especially the political part of the story was greatly simplified.