• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The "Jesus" Trip - Delusions of Grandeur?

^^^^ Better to trip with rednecks.

That's what Jesus would do.

I have had a few Delusions of grandeur trips when I was 18 and 19 on LSD, I thought I found enlightenment was transformed into an enlighten being, thought I could control the world with my thoughts. Good thing LSD is only lasts 10hrs or so!
LSD is the worst I have ever had Delusions of grandeur. After those experiences it made me feel like I could understand what schizophrenics feel like
This reminded me of a story I read sometime ago about some kid who ate too much LSD and joined a cult, it was still on the Internet. It is kind of stupid but kind of entertaining.
http://www.prodigalproject.org/updates/highlight.htm

I've actually had an interesting delusion after taking 600 mgs of DXM, then repeating the dose 4 hours later. I felt like I was tied to reality, and I had to keep making slight movements in my bed to keep the balance intact, almost like the central cog of the universe.

tobala said:
Jesus H. Christ, I can't believe this thread is open again.

Can someone at least dispel the fallacy that possession of the earthly bodies of psychonauts by the big "J" really isn't a common thing?

It's not, right?

Right!!? 8o

Willow, I hope the lord forgives you, you knew not what you did... :D

I reopened it

What's the big deal with the thread? What's wrong with discussing something that evidently happens to some people?

And I don't get it... are you trying to say it IS a common thing or it ISN'T? I would say it is not common. But I also think the name of it should be changed, because this thread is moreso about delusions of grandeur on psychedelics than about thinking one is the reincarnation of a specific person.

I think at least half the people here are meaning to say "Jesus" rather than Jesus.

^^I think it is a good thread it is part of a psychedelic experience that can happen in high doses with a few different substances. I think it is good to discuss psychedelic mental pitfalls.
Besides I created this with my thought waves you can’t stop it you or your government alien buddies.

tobala said:
^^^^ Better to trip with rednecks.

That's what Jesus would do.

Haha, no I don't wanna be ass-raped while tripping plzkthx:-D.

Xorkoth said:
...What's the big deal with the thread? What's wrong with discussing something that evidently happens to some people?...
No big deal, Ace. Just havin' a bit of fun. I'll stop now. :)

Xorkoth said:
And I don't get it... are you trying to say it IS a common thing or it ISN'T? I would say it is not common. But I also think the name of it should be changed, because this thread is moreso about delusions of grandeur on psychedelics than about thinking one is the reincarnation of a specific person...
The OP is of the opinion that it is common, and I take issue with that as a stereotype corporate Amerika likes to condescendingly lay on the psychedelic community. I'm sure I don't have to go into detail. But now you've gone and changed it from the literal to the allegorical, and that's a different thing entirely...

Xorkoth said:
...I think at least half the people here are meaning to say "Jesus" rather than Jesus.
Well I mean to say "Hey-seuss," compadre...

ranunky said:
This is why I *hate* tripping with hippies. Can't fucking handle themselves.

Hmmmmm. Wonder what a hippie is - can't say I'd recognise one if I saw one.

Maybe this comment says more about yourself ;)

E

Whats more that's a pretty presumptive comment. I've known high-school, fresh Allman Bros. shirt clad basically emo-kids that like pot and Phish that've been called hippies. I think of hippies in a much different way. But all the same... maybe you're just assuming they can't control themselves and don't realize that their deviant behavior is what they enjoy. I've seen hippies eat 10.5g of mushrooms, some E, and some acid, smoking hippie crack the entire time and be great people. But all the same I've never known a thug that's been cool to trip around. There I was sitting around a fire and I hear the guy behind me start talking about how his honor and pride are important to him and he'll fight to protect them. So I said, "They sure are worth a lot." Then I hit on his girlfriend to help him realize how stupid he was. He didn't do anything because of course he wouldn't mess with a built 220lbs 6'4" hippy-looking person such as myself. People waste a lot of time trying to fit a mold. I thought that's why people took psychedelics: to forget what they're trying to be and just be whatever comes easiest. If you're not inherently selfish and an asshole I think it works out. Then I remember there are "party-ers" that eat trip drugs never for the enlightenment aspect just to see some crazy shit.

Peace,
PL

EDIT: And as for literal to allegorical. Why do people resist the natural flow of conversations? I don't think we need to limit ourselves to speaking only of people who mistake themselves for Jee-bus. To reiterate. He wrote, "Hey I'm Jesus." Someone else wrote, "Hey this could be a useful canvas to paint a picture of the beatific nature of psychedelic drugs even in cases in which the the individual is a little loony."

Last edited:
Xorkoth said:
I reopened it

What's the big deal with the thread? What's wrong with discussing something that evidently happens to some people?

And I don't get it... are you trying to say it IS a common thing or it ISN'T? I would say it is not common. But I also think the name of it should be changed, because this thread is moreso about delusions of grandeur on psychedelics than about thinking one is the reincarnation of a specific person.

I think at least half the people here are meaning to say "Jesus" rather than Jesus.

I think the concept of people becoming god or attaining god conciousness during a trip is a falsity, because it further reinforces the idea that humanity/life and the divine are speperate (dualism). The truth is that the god is in you all the time- the jesus trip is always happening, the ape trip is too.... All is one 8o 8o 8o

Smoothly reopened Xorkoth- so whens my chance at godliness? I want to be a norse viking god pleaase

tobala said:
Well I mean to say "Hey-seuss," compadre...

Is that a stephen king referce? In the name of the father, the son, and the holy spirit, hey man.

This tread is very prejudice “Jesus” very imperialist colonel repressive bullshit! Why can’t it be Buddha or Mohammad always so imperialist colonel repressive bullshit!
** sorry I though this was the political forum***

EntheoDjinn said:
Hmmmmm. Wonder what a hippie is - can't say I'd recognise one if I saw one.

Maybe this comment says more about yourself ;)

E

Nah, I wouldn't recognise a hippie if I saw one either, I don't judge people by how they look. Maybe this comment says more about yourself ;)

Hippies are the kind of people who think they're a Jesus heart shackra when they take acid and act upon it.

Don't get me wrong, I love hippies and hang round with them a lot, I just hate tripping with them cause they start spouting new age bullshit when I'm trying to do some proper thinking and ruin my trip.

Of course there are a minority of hippies who keep the new age bullshit to themselves while tripping, I would be fine with tripping with this type.

Last edited:
willow11 said:
...Is that a stephen king referce? In the name of the father, the son, and the holy spirit, hey man.
No papi...eets what they call Gee-zuss een el barrio... :D

luckytaak said:
This tread is very prejudice “Jesus” very imperialist colonel repressive bullshit! Why can’t it be Buddha or Mohammad always so imperialist colonel repressive bullshit!
** sorry I though this was the political forum***

Yeah, good point-not. My tripping mind doesn't usually worry about political correctness.

*Sorry I thought this was a serious post* :)

I swear its a stephen king reference, you just don't know what you've said tobala :)

ive had simialer situation's not the jesus trip so to speak.But it had to do with constant smokeing of 5meo for a prolong peroid of time.ANd eating and snorting of other compounds

I once tripped so hard that I was transported back to 100 B.C. and I couldn't figure out who I was because my delusion hadn't been born yet...got some sour looks from mom after that one...

willow11 said:
...I swear its a stephen king reference, you just don't know what you've said tobala :)
Maybe I'm Stephen King but I don't know it because I think I'm Jesus...

lol.. the god delusion. ive had it many times.. psychedelics or mdxx plus ketamine and nitrous will get you there...

its retarded to the max.

Ive also thought people Im tripping with are special, like some sort of god or demon. Its all delusional shit that will build up over time with more and more drug use.

In essence, you are God, of your own body and mind. Every atom inside your body could be a new universe, or the same one repeated over, but changed very slightly, the possabilities are endless! :p Maybe we are all training to be Gods.. Maybe we were are unconsciously the Gods of this planet or solar system.

tobala said:
Maybe I'm Stephen King but I don't know it because I think I'm Jesus...

Ye is he who is holy. I am within the birds and the tree, that takes from the sky above and pours back twice what received from within. Questions are from an idea's delusional poison. One who questions ye, wilt face the smite of the right hand across the left cheek.

I am sorry if I offended anyone earlier, im really happy to hear people not taking these experiences for granted. I myself have had some pretty heartbreaking and relieving biblical visions during my binge. My most recent one was Jesus leaving me in the darkness and telling me that he would come back for me, and that scared the crap out of me (this is after I made the personal choice not to handle Jesus's work). I dont like getting too serious about it for social and personal reasons. I think the neurotheology of psychadelic drugs is an extremely sensitive topic for reasons I am not aware of (im young).

I was Jesus about a month ago at bonnaroo while I was hippy flipping on somewhere between 3-4 grams of some potent mushrooms and an ecstasy tab from a good source. I'm just glad I didn't get detained somewhere..I ended up losing my t-shirt and aviators (both hurled into the crowd at the realization they were no longer necessary). Thankfully I decided to leave my shorts on. I did try to get on stage at one point before getting tackled by a massive black security guard who at the time I was certain was going to kill me for all the sins I committed and stop me from reaching my destiny. Before my stage run I went to where the sound crew manages all the speakers on stage and started turning some knobs until some dude that actually worked there stopped me and said "Hey buddy do you work here?" and I was like "No" to which I THOUGHT he said "You know what you need to do".....in my mind this was to go onto the stage. No more mushies for me without a sitter!