• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The Friday thread: Because I fucked up and Josh is so awesome it's 7 days late

I'm geeking like an insane freight train ploughed through the station so... fuck y'all, tits and... OH LOOK, A SQUIRREL!

My two weeks off is drawing to an end so I am going to relax a good bit this weekend! Heading back up to the big smoke tomorrow to spend the weekend with the bf, whose Gordon Ramsey addiction has hit new heights so hopefully I'll convince him to make me yummy food whilst I lay around like a lazy heur. Bliss!

My two weeks off is drawing to an end so I am going to relax a good bit this weekend! Heading back up to the big smoke tomorrow to spend the weekend with the bf, whose Gordon Ramsey addiction has hit new heights so hopefully I'll convince him to make me yummy food whilst I lay around like a lazy heur. Bliss!

I used to suffer from Gordon Ramsey addiction, too.

I used to masterbate into a stolen Nando's dip dish while watching Kitchen Nightmares.

His brother's a smackhead.

Pretty similar tastes then man :D

I do try to build my sets up with more progressive (intelligent?) tunes to start off with, gradually increasing energy but sometimes can't resist throwing a thumper in there either. This thumper will definitely get a spin tonight haha, one of my alltime favourites

Hmm, has a certain simplistic charm. I'm guessing late 80's? Somewhat reminiscent of spotty yoofs with Amiga 500s, a floppy disk full of 8 bit samples and a copy of Octamed free with 'Amiga Power'... ;)

Hmm, has a certain simplistic charm. I'm guessing late 80's? Somewhat reminiscent of spotty yoofs with Amiga 500s, a floppy disk full of 8 bit samples and a copy of Octamed free with 'Amiga Power'... ;)

Erm, very monotonous.

It's supposed to be Clem that's basically dance music for you.

Close - It was produced in 1990, probably on an Amiga or an ST (remember the Atari ST's had the built in MIDI port)

Yeah, Dougal, Vibes, Sy, Seduction, Brisk, Hixxy etc. I'll agree entirely that it could hardly be described as intellectual but I still love it with a passion. Rips of old tape packs get me through the day man :D currently working my way through this youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/hardcoretapepacks

I didn't leave school til '99 so the best days were all over by the time I started going to raves, barring a few trips to London for Raindance it was more about the DNB scene by then. Still had some good times though and at uni in Portsmouth our local DNB night - Breakneck - used to get a good lineup of big names in once a month and we went to all of them. I ended up getting in for free by running the merch stall (selling 500 glowsticks and occasionally the odd t-shirt too heh).

(I do like other, arguably more high-brow genres of music too I promise :D ).

I gave up on the big hardcore showcases after Helter Skelters last mixed music event on Millennium eve. Since I'd already started going to Godskitchen, Cream, Gatecrasher and the like most weekends by then I had mostly disengaged with all of the big Raves. I returned to the Sanctuary Music Arena 3 times after that (one was for Godskitchens B'Day party in 2001 so that doesn't count) but I returned for one final Dreamscape (an old school event co - promoted under their 'RaveNation' brand) that I got thrown out of at 5 am for trying to score. After a few Flashbacks at the Que club and at the Institute in Birmingham (the club I was in last Friday) I returned to the Sanctuary MA for one more up front Hardcore Showcase Rave - it's closing night in 2004 hosted by Slammin Vinyl.

After getting back into Drum and Bass in a big way - I went to my first proper 'rave' for ages in 2008 for my 29th B'day - an Innovation all nighter at the Buttermarket in Shrewsbury. After that I helped co - promote a hugely successful old school night in Wolverhampton for 2 years, and apart from small Old School / D&B do's around Wolverhampton and Shrewsbury that was it for big nights out until last week.

I love the screen shot Josh - I was a mad Amiga head and I still have that copy of Amiga Format with Mickey Finn and Aphrodite showing how they produced the original 'Some Justice' =D

I love the screen shot Josh - I was a mad Amiga head and I still have that copy of Amiga Format with Mickey Finn and Aphrodite showing how they produced the original 'Some Justice' =D

That's not a screenshot, it's an embed of Some Justice on YouTube ;) I used to read AF back in the day but I don't remember that article sadly, I only found out quite recently that such big tunes were produced in it.

I used to love messing about with Octamed, chucking game disks into the drive to see what games didn't bother to package / compile their audio files, making rubbish tunes out of sound effects from games :D

Your stories about the good old days of hardcore really make me wish I was a bit older and hadn't missed out on all those nights before the rave scene went all corporate and rubbish. :(

I didn't start going out until 1994 so I was hardly around for the golden years myself to be honest. The UK dance music scene managed to keep re-inventing itself through so many angles it still managed to remain the zeitgeist up until 2003 / 2004 - no matter what age you are you got out of it what you brought to it ;)

I had a big Friday night and basically slept all day today.

On the dance music thing...l like techno, house, drum and bass and psytrance when i am at a doof. I disagree there is not enough push to it...it fucking pumps. But each to their own.

I had a big Friday night and basically slept all day today.

On the dance music thing...l like techno, house, drum and bass and psytrance when i am at a doof. I disagree there is not enough push to it...it fucking pumps. But each to their own.

Absolutement! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Anything intelligent and electronic that you can boogie to - techno - tech/prog house - house - uk garage - drum and bass - dubstep - club / tech trance - all that good stuff - and even happy hardcore and gabba techno until I was 19 (you can hardly describe either of those as intelligent but it was what they were playing at the big raves in the UK in the mid 90's)

Psychedelic trance is the one music along these lines I've never really got into. It sounds gorgeous but there isn't enough of a punch to it to really make it A - Grade dance floor material.

I know I'm well late to this comment but have you explored much dark psy? Some examples of stuff I really dig is derango (try'all channels open', 'deranged'), xenomorph (bit more old skool as far as dark psy could be called, but there's some great stuff on the cassandras nightmare album), psykovsky is a bit different but great imo... Try 'genito genito' for a track that I typical of his style). Tbh, I often find myself wondering if I've outgrown psytrance... But then I stick some on while on acid (imo the best psych for psy music appreciation) and my love I restored. MXE also used to vibe with dark psytrance, but not so much other dissociatives.)

The Friday Thread - Coming from the future

Well its Friday here so i thought i would start the thread. Currently awaiting my coffee and bacon and egg rolls. A couple of hours of paperwork and then I am done for the week. Weather looks nice so i will go surfing this arvo and get paid for it. Nice. Enjoy your Friday when you catch up.

Back cracked, sack waxed, time for a spliff and head into town for retail therapy and a steak sandwich/pint in front of game 6.

Yeah, I'm merging the Friday threads. Love both of you to bits but for some of us, friday don't mean fuck!!