• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The fish thread

It's also a very common and popular way of the farmers as well. They fatten up their chooks, pigs and cows for a tasty Christmas meal. Why the hell not with fish!

lostpunk5545 said:
They always look so depressed with their claws all tied up.
Lets start a huge debate about ascribing human emotions to animals.
Acutally, lets not.
Just click here

I would definantly eat a fish out of a dam that I grew... Fishtank?; Not so much. :)

I am so slack with my Siamese fighters these days. The enthusiasm wore off after a month or so. Not that I am neglecting them, but I could be doing more. :\

:D

Ok, lets identify what this more you should be doing is and act upon it.

we are talking about a living organism that you forced to exist under yr care

So what can we do about bringing back that enthusiasm

I have been giving them the betta pellets rather than go and hunt for live food. I have the frozen brine and bloodworms but its a bit of a pain. I have been meaning to give them some bits of peas lately. :)

You are right mate, I'll get back into caring for them.

Ohh plus Fightey is overdue for a waterchange. *slaps wrist* Poor guy :(

It's hard not to anthropomorphise something that has been so restricted from it's normal run of the mill life. Those huge crabs crawling all over each other with their claws all tied up in a small tank; it's hard not to ascribe human emotions to them.

But whilst crustaceans are obviously not on par with us it would be pretty stupid to deny sentience of most mammals, especially primates.

I absolutely agree. This has sparked quite a debate for me in the past in real life.
"of course my dog is sad"
*stab*

*eats prawns for christmas*

Edit: Does that make sense? I'm tired :(

Last edited:
Fed both my fighters some wrigglers and waterfleas today.
They looove live food =D

I was given a little fish tank with gravel, water conditioner, fish food and a plant for Christmas - and I was told I have to pop by my friends aquarium to pick up my brand new [killer] fighter fish. Score! =D
I have the best friends in the world. %)<3

Welcome to the fish thread C0TB.
Look around and make yourself at home. =D

eggman88888 said:
^ You have a very "chinese restaurant" approach to fish keeping

Do you have another tank filled with king crabs?

Nope, blue swimmer crabs actually :) I haven't managed to eat one yet, the researchers keep stealing them off me because they can't be fucked to go out to catch their broodstock :\

dsc00544ky8.jpg

Went to an awesome aquarium today :)
These plecos are the same fish they have had for the last 15 years (been going there since I was a kid)
I was trying to get a photo of the giant gourami that is about 600-700mm long. HUGE bugger.

l_118444919f0c359dcd83a9102d107a26.jpg

Today, I got for my turtle, a turtle dock. He doesn't know what to do with it yet.

I was also supposed to get another turtle today, but the pet shop didn't have any small, female turtles.

Dude it would be waaaay cool if you had native fish in there with him. :)
Maybe a tank representing the endemic region of where the turtle comes from.
(native fish that you bought from a shop not raped from creeks)

CHiLD-0F-THE-BEAT said:
I was given a little fish tank with gravel, water conditioner, fish food and a plant for Christmas - and I was told I have to pop by my friends aquarium to pick up my brand new [killer] fighter fish. Score! =D
I have the best friends in the world. %)<3

I got fish for christmas to!!

My best friend just rocked up to my house with my christmas oresent...all though late...and in a bag full of water were 3 Blue Ram cichlids!!

I <3 them. They are soo cute =D

pict20.jpg

I got two girls and a boy :D

I had to take our male lombardi cichlid out of our communal tank today to :( He's just being such a bully to the other fish. So we are going to find a new home for him. If anyone wants him give me a yell. (Victoria cbd/inner suburbs only) He's free to a good home, reached maturity to. Otherwise i may be able to give him to my partners lil brother.

He's in our baby/breeding tank all alone till we find a new home for him. needless to say he cant stay in that tank. Cause we have pregnant fishies...

Ive been reading up about Blue Rams....does anyone have any tips or advice?

IWillHostIt said:
it IS an eastern long necked tortoise. He's kewl.
Sorry mate but LP is correct.

you have in yr possession a chelodina longicollis also known as an Eastern Long Neck Turtle

a tortoise is a land only reptile. A turtle however lives on both land and water

^ A part of me knew that.

I remember looking at my post and thinking something was not right with it, but I was drunk so... yeah.

Oh, and my turtle is using his turtle dock now, he uses it to try and catch the fish. I have also noticed he slept like for 8 hours yesterday, I hardly see him sleep that long.

Most definately. I am assuming you have a heat lamp.

Turtles love basking and sleeping in the heat whilst drying off

Have you been getting him out and about oyutside regularly?