• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Doof Thread

I miss doofs so much. Havnt been to ond in 2, maybe 3 years. Maybe thats why i feel rather lost these days?

I miss doofs so much. Havnt been to ond in 2, maybe 3 years. Maybe thats why i feel rather lost these days?

I was the same, came back from india had a child and had 2 years off doofs even started getting depressed a little. Went to rainbow in this yeah had a ball, going to lucid lab this weekend to celebrate 20 years of doofs/festivals, my first doof was when 17 in 1994 at blue mountains. Im from the central coast too miss the watagans dayzzz.

prob be the last doof for til psyfari, the happy people are calling :) come join us doofqueen.. Namaste TIm.

I'd love to but i'm super broke and am going to america for 3mths in a month. Big possibility India after that for 3-12mths but thats not definite yet

free indoor dark psy party on in 3 weeks time in Rockdale, Sydney :)
Venue is called Third Eye Bar, its on a sunday at 1pm - 10pm <3

hi all im from the far north coast NSW and live in perth now lookin for some good outdoor fun in the sun can any one help with whats happen or where some partys are %)8(8o

For anyone Near the Canberra Region, Dragon dreaming is coming up out in Wee Jasper. Third release tickets are like $180, and it's from the 24th til the 27th of this month.

Should be amazeballs!

I'm from the Central Coast too and Psyfari will be my first ever doof! Done tons of psychs and am a seasoned raver but I'm over all the big egos. My companion and I are treating this as a spiritual retreat :)

OMG it was AMAZING!!!!! DId you go Doofqueen? I was walking and heard some guys say a girl in a pink suit was a doofprincess and she needed a doof prince or something and she said "More like Doofqueen! and isn't it obvious?" (that she was lesbian) I laughed and thought of you straight away! I should have said hi but I was a bit fucked up and im shy lol

I dont like doofs. A few reasons.

I dont like psytrance.
I dont like the psuedo-hippie veneer surrounding doofs. There's something hypocritical and irritating about driving your car through nature only to bring the filth (yes most clean up after themselves but many don't) of mankind to an otherwise pristine place, then disturbing (destroying actually) the natural peace of the country with endless, repetitive music.

I live in the city already and I don't go out into nature to surround myself with more noise and more people. I don't like tripping surrounded by too much noise and people either. I feel like the hedonistic and often reckless indulgence in psychedelics and other drugs that goes on at these things is disrespectful to one self and the substances too. I have far more rewarding and educating experiences taking psychs in nature and sitting in silence, and just letting the "silence speak" as I call it.

I'm like the only person I know who actively dislikes doofs. Most of my friends are at worst indifferent, or it doesn't bother them, and others love it.

I actively dislike doofs and I'm sorry for it 'cause it seems like back in the day they used to actually stand for something.

If I want to binge on a bunch of drugs I'll just do it in the city where at least I have my own comfy bed to go back to afterwards.

I dont like the psuedo-hippie veneer surrounding doofs. There's something hypocritical and irritating about driving your car through nature only to bring the filth (yes most clean up after themselves but many don't) of mankind to an otherwise pristine place, then disturbing (destroying actually) the natural peace of the country with endless, repetitive music.

This.

While personally I like being at events like Dragon Dreaming (admittedly only doof I've been to lol), I definitely know what you're talking about here. Much irony.

While I do understand what your saying, I don't agree with it. This particular event(Psyfari) had a huge emphasis in taking what you bring and I'm sure the land owners and volunteers did an extra cleanup after.

I've taken psychedelics for 10 years and I took a lot of psychs at the event(about 12 different drugs actually) and I got more out of it than possibly any other trip I've had. And I felt better afterwards than if I had used ice just once! MDA & MDMA were amongst my stash so to me that says the set and setting greatly reduced the comedown and depression usually felt after MD drugs especially. I pretty much feel reborn and I feel happy leaving my drug use for events only whereas before I used something most days.

Admittedly I did think about the effect it had on animals but at one point there was a flock of birds sitting in front of the speakers so I don't think it bothers them that much, it was only 2 1/2 days and there was only really cows nearby anyway.

I think if they did that every weekend it wouldn't be good but I didn't see anything happen the whole weekend that I strongly disagreed with. I am surprised more OD's/bad trips don't happen. Some people went pretty overboard(myself included) and nobody that I saw freaked out.

While I do understand what your saying, I don't agree with it. This particular event(Psyfari) had a huge emphasis in taking what you bring and I'm sure the land owners and volunteers did an extra cleanup after. Also you could be asked to leave for throwing cig buttstock which was great.

I've taken psychedelics for 10 years and I took a lot of psychs at the event(about 12 different drugs actually) and I got more out of it than possibly any other trip I've had. And I felt better afterwards than if I had used ice just once! MDA & MDMA were amongst my stash so to me that says the set and setting greatly reduced the comedown and depression usually felt after MD drugs especially. I pretty much feel reborn and I feel happy leaving my drug use for events only whereas before I used something most days.

Admittedly I did think about the effect it had on animals but at one point there was a flock of birds sitting in front of the speakers so I don't think it bothers them that much, it was only 2 1/2 days and there was only really cows nearby anyway.

I think if they did that every weekend it wouldn't be good but I didn't see anything happen the whole weekend that I strongly disagreed with. I am surprised more OD's/bad trips don't happen. Some people went pretty overboard(myself included) and nobody that I saw freaked out.

I expect to be disagreed with, I know the majority of people whether tripping balls or sober, interested in their impact or ignorant, enjoy doofs - I'm not sayin that's a bad thing. In fact quite the opposite. If you feel reborn going doofing, fantastic! I wouldn't want to diminish that experience for one second.

Perhaps my main beef comes from the fact that I've left the doofs I've been to not experiencing that at all, and being dissapointed by what appeared a glorified drug fest dressed up differently. I like drug fests! I'm a user! But I like calling a spade a spade.

Also I've found It's one thing to have a powerful experience (especially on psychs) and another to integrate it healthily back into everyday life. Which, admittedly, is more a problem of societies relationship with drugs (especially psychedelics) than the individual who really has to crate a framework and an understanding for themselves. I'm not claiming to be some sort of expert on psychs, btw, quite the opposite, I've really struggled with certain powerful experiences, and have trouble making heads or tails of them to this day.

Last edited:
Perhaps my main beef comes from the fact that I've left the doofs I've been to not experiencing that at all, and being dissapointed by what appeared a glorified drug fest dressed up differently. I like drug fests! I'm a user! But I like calling a spade a spade.

Could not agree more.

I was quite active in that scene between 2007-2011, it was at the time quite interesting and different.. and i think it was a combination of the drugs and personal naivety that allowed me to turn a blind-eye to the absolute hypocrisy that pervaded every inch of the scene. It wasn't until i stepped back for a while, cleared my head and spent some time abroad outside of the west that i realized how much pretentious and hypocritical bullshit was been spouted among people within it. I spent enough time there to fully experience every detail and consider multiple aspects, the problem i found as mentioned above is the people in attendance wanted it so badly to be more then what it was, i was even one of those people but over time the people i got along with the most were those who simply saw it for what it was; they had no reservations about what was going on and appeared the most genuine..

I think i've also just spent to many years around hippies and can't stand that mentality anymore.

I have attended BOOM and OZORA in Europe in the last couple of years, BOOM particularly because of how much it offers besides music (guest speakers, documentaries, workshops, yoga, Q&A discussion panels - There was actually a great Q&A session in 2012 with the director of DMT: The Spirit Molecule and Rick Doblin of MAPS) and the festivals heavy emphasis on sustainability, which runs over seven days.. it was it's own mini-world/subculture existing within a bubble of time for one week.. but even this has come to irritate me. I think ultimately for me it has more to do with the ideology behind all of it.. i've been learning further right then left in the last couple of years. - So it's most likely my shift coming into conflict with the scene, rather then the scene on its own.

That saif if i were to do it all again, i would in heartbeat, some wild times.. but i can't stand it now or the people.

Last edited:
While I don't think I've been to nearly as many doofs as you have Malakaix I've never felt a sense of "absolute hypocrisy" as you vehemently put it. It's more like a subtle undercurrent people are aware of to differing degrees which can't be ignored, but can't be talked about because it might ruin the fun. Likewise the pretentiousness, which lies in jarring opposition to what psychedelics ultimately do (dissolve the ego...) Like if you don't have dreads or a beard or some clothing symbol to show how unique and spiritual you are you're not really cool enough...I recently spoke to someone who came back from PsyFari and after I asked him what he'd been doing besides PsyFari in the smuggest voice imaginable he sighed and said "yeah man, (I've been) just sort of being free," as if I had no idea what that meant. 8)

In a sense I respect more the bigger festivals who offer interesting alternatives (like BOOM) and a broader range of activities and opportunities to engage. Tripping and stomping for days on end aren't everybody's cup of tea nor the best way to really get the ideologies of the sub-culture "out there." Not that I think the majority of doof-goers even care about ideology - the idea is to get fucked up.

I find it interesting how you say you'd do it all again in a heartbeat, despite what you wrote earlier. Perhaps if you could go back under the same circumstances and mind set, you would, but your rose-tinted glasses also have a large smear of shit over them now as well. :)

Last edited:
While I don't think I've been to nearly as many doofs as you have Malakaix I've never felt a sense of "absolute hypocrisy" as you vehemently put it. It's more like a subtle undercurrent people are aware of to differing degrees which can't be ignored, but can't be talked about because it might ruin the fun.

You're more kind then I. :) But i think i've become somewhat jaded over the years with that entire sub-culture which has probably distorted my perspective.

I recently spoke to someone who came back from PsyFari and after I asked him what he'd been doing besides PsyFari in the smuggest voice imaginable he sighed and said "yeah man, (I've been) just sort of being free," as if I had no idea what that meant. 8)

I'm sure he also studied at the University of Life. - It's a mentality that becomes tiring very quickly, especially when that same person despite been 'free' is also dependent on others to provide them with cigarettes, alcohol or food. Yet they rationalize it under the guise of 'sharing and community'. It's really amazing how far some people can take it and genuinely believe their own bullshit.

I find it interesting how you say you'd do it all again in a heartbeat, despite what you wrote earlier. Perhaps if you could go back under the same circumstances and mind set, you would, but your rose-tinted glasses also have a large smear of shit over them now as well. :)

Yeah, i struggled to phrase that when i was writing the post and was worried it would be interpreted in that way; what i meant to suggest is i considered the experience valuable and i don't regret that period because it was an enormous growth phase in my life, but i could never go back to it now.

I go to doofs to dance under the stars, have fun with my group of friends and talk shit with cool strangers. The lack of fake tanned gymfags compared to more commercial events is also a plus.

We clean up after ourselves and are a respectful bunch. We don't abuse our drugs and we don't cause scenes.

I guess if I was seeking something much deeper then I might have similar concerns to some of you, but it's all just a good time to me.