• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction The Dirty Hit & Dirty Rush

When I first started shooting I got so so so so sick...throwing up and sooooo cold seriously never been so cold.....didnt even want the rest of my shit till next day it was AWFUL!! Cotton Fever Sux

With that in mind, I am confused why you (or anyone else) would think that a hit of "good" heroin would cure a dirty hit. It just doesn't make sense.
Heroin ain't an antibiotic nor is it an anti-histamine.

Perhaps the symptoms of a dirty hit (nausea, chills, etc.) remind users of withdrawal, so they mistakenly think that a shot of good dope will clear them up.

Anyhow, just wanted to throw that out there because I could easily imagine someone OD'ing from shooting several shots of "good dope" in an attempt to cure their bad hit.

An experienced user knows that a dirty hit can be treated with a clean hit of heroin [or morphine IM], for treating shock [uncontrollable shaking] and headache [H is the best painkiller and antishock treatment for use of the correct medical terminology]. Also, these two symptoms increase the bodies tolerance to opiates, because of how opiates are used by the body when in shock or experiencing pain including gastro pain.

I had a dirty hit a few nights ago, from a small amount of H mixed with water left in a syringe for 2 days. Even though I squirted it back in a spoon and boiled it well over a flame to try and sterilize it and I used a new fit. After I hit it up, 10 minutes later shock set in.

I started to withdraw from the methadone I am on... because the done was being used up by my body to counteract shock and headache it wasn't able to hold me as it normally would. It wasn't serious withdrawal, just the case of the stretches and tears, but withdrawal nevertheless.

When I first started shooting I got so so so so sick...throwing up and sooooo cold seriously never been so cold.....didnt even want the rest of my shit till next day it was AWFUL!! Cotton Fever Sux[/QUOTE

it's common for some individuals to feel very sick and throw up for hours after a hit when they first use heroin [or when they begin to use again after being clean from a previous addiction to heroin]. It doesn't necessarily mean a dirty hit, it means you have low tolerance and are more susceptible to throwing up than other folks. It's when you keep using regularly that you no longer feel sick and throw up anymore, then you are addicted, and your body then needs heroin to stop feeling sick.

The reason why opiates make you throw up or feel nausea is because the drug stimulates the vomitory muscle of the stomach. In fact, most opiates relax every other muscle in the body but stimulates the vomitory muscle.

Man i never use a needle more than a day an always new filters clean shot glass an first time i got really cold an head ache .. No way to check my temp ...got a nauseated feeling an kinda weird for a few mins ..... But i got a new hoodie 80% cotton never washed an hit my main highway then it hit about 15 to 30 mins ...... I feel stupid lol but its been like 3 hrs an feeling betterish took immune health pills tylenol an a hot bath an pounding water ...... I do use cig filters for roll ur own an an never 2 times so u really think the hoodie did it ......

I've never even heard of a dirty hit, so luckily never had it myself. I've had cotton fever, due to bacteria in used needles, but it's weird; I never really found that unpleasant. Is it caused by a toxin in good dope or something; a bad cut in an otherwise decent powder? I mean there was that whole anthrax thing in the UK. Turns out that perfectly good grade 4 heroin was being transported in sheep-skins which contained anthrax spores, and that made some people sick. But shit, a dirty rush is a new one on me.

Anyone thought many of these cases could be crude heroin similar to Polish "kompot"? Basically a crude extract is made from poppy pods and that is then reacted to make a mixture of heroin, morphine, 6-MAM, 3-MAM, codeine and of course a bunch of other remaining opium alkaloids. When injected bad reactions are extremely common.

Very impure stuff and if anyone watched the recent "Heroin holiday" vice episode where they go to poppy fields and make crude heroin from the opium they get that's the same stuff. IIRC in the episode they even talk about the "unpleasant hits" that are common with this type of crude heroin.

IIRC it also draws up as a weird milky brown in the syringe as someone else in the thread described.

Wouldn't surprise me if that's what people have encountered.

If in any doubt either throw it away or smoke/snort the stuff.

Definitely experienced several types of dirty hits and cotton fever. Only thing worse I think is pwd which is a layer of hell that Dante himself couldn't imagine. A little off topic but have any of you shot up using your own spit? Or dew off the ground or whatever sick shit.

I had milky dark looking solution in the needle and I was satisfied with it, actually it felt heavier of an opiate buzz verse the clear yellowish liquid solution drawn in needle where I woUld feel a much more milder rush and shorter duration

Definitely experienced several types of dirty hits and cotton fever. Only thing worse I think is pwd which is a layer of hell that Dante himself couldn't imagine. A little off topic but have any of you shot up using your own spit? Or dew off the ground or whatever sick shit.

Yeah I've seen it all, people using saliva, puddle water, toilet water, holy water, or even soda
Ugh, so glad I was super anal about clean and proper iv administration during my stint

That sounds like cotton fever to me. That six dude
Excellent thread.

I remember the one and only "dirty hit" I've ever had. It looked like normal, dark brown heroin, but something about it told me that I shouldn't try shooting it (maybe it was the fact that my dealer had just said "you shouldn't try shooting it" 5 minutes before. I was sick, so what the fuck did he expect me to do?). My dealer told me something was wrong with it. He said another guy had just shot some and said it wasn't good. I had no idea how much of an understatement "wasn't good" was. If it was so bad, he wouldn't be selling it to me, right?

Wrong.

So anyways, me and my girlfriend at the time start prepping it. I finish first, as always, and start to shoot. I was on the phone with another dealer of mine when the rush hit (I can talk on the phone and prep/shoot up at the same time) and I told her I had to call her back. I hung up the phone, and started freaking out.

My heart was pounding, my chest muscles tightened and burning, my stomach about to unleash the breakfast I had put in it an hour earlier. And my head. Oh my god, my head. It felt like someone had placed it in a vice and was just cranking it closed, squeezing my head. My eyes really felt like they were being pushed out of their sockets from behind.

I look over at my girlfriend who just registered and was about to shoot. I yell at her for her to stop. It takes a few seconds for her to realize how much pain I am in, and she finally understands that she would be stupid to shoot this "dope." She rolls down the window and squirts it out.

The effects continued ALL DAY. I went home to wait for my girlfriend to make some money at work so we could go buy real dope and hopefully have it make me feel better. I sat at home for a few hours just puking and writhing in pain in bed. It was horrible. The worst experience of my life.

A few hours later, my girlfriend gets her lunch break at work and comes to pick me up so we can go get more dope. The dealer who sold me the bad shit told me he'd replace it with the good dope he had just got a few minutes earlier. We got to his house, bought 4 bags and got the 4 he had to replace (4 each), and prep it. My entire body was shaking from the effects of the dope from earlier, so it took a few minutes to hit a vein. It was the most frustrating few minutes of my life.

The (incredible, excellent, awesome) good dope finally kicked in (I shot all 4 bags), but it barely touched the effects of the bad dope. I did feel better, but my head still hurt and my heart was still racing, and my entire body was shaking. Over the course of the day, we did about 10 bags more each, and still, the effects were not completely gone.

The effects of the bad dope stuck around for TWO DAYS AFTER the day I shot it, so THREE DAYS total. Same for the other guy who shot it. For 3 days, we felt the pain from whatever was in that dope. To this day, I don't even have the slightest idea of what was in it, but for the time between shooting the bad dope and the time I finally got some good dope to shoot, I actually thought I was going to die. It was the one time in my life I was absolutely certain my life was ending.

I never want to feel that shit ever again.

This is literally what I am going through right now. Same exact story, my bf did it first, but when he told me not to I just thought he was trying to pull one over on me. I feel like I was hit by a train

Yep in the UK it's just known as a dirty hit. The effects are banging headache severe shakes and flu like symptoms. The only thing on your mind is getting some decent brown into your system and when you do your dirty hit symptoms do lessen. I think this is more due to the fact of the pain killing and muscle relaxing properties of heroin rather than it actually curing the ill symptoms.
Receiving a dirty hit in my opinion is usually down to either 1- hygiene ( dirt on the skin, used needles, dirty filters, foreign substances on spoon or in water/citric.)
2 - impurities/cutting agents in heroin.
For a regular user of heroin in twenty year + I can count on the fingers of my hands the number of times I've had a dirty hit, so this is not a common occurrence at all. In fact the worst dirty hit I remember was when me and my partner had cooked up on a spoon which hadn't been rinsed after washing up. We put it down to a trace of washing up liquid being left on the spoon.
It's funny how you always remember your worst dirty hit.
That goes to show you how bad a bad hit can be.

I know folk have used rain water anc myself have used water out of the canal. Im not advising it obviously, but it never resulted in a dirty dig. it may have resulted in some nasty disease though.

Yeah man, after reading that something like 90+% of U.S.A heroin contains quinine I swore it off and will only take RX pain meds, cause I know where they came from, and what's in em (don't buy from shady peeps, or your pills may not be safe either IMO.).

After Methadone made my heart feel funny i'm not risking my life over some garbage-ass stomped on heroin, goddamn I really hate that drug dealers have to be that-a-way too, if they weren't so shiesty we could all band together and boycott big pharma, but alas the cartels finally made Big Pharma look like a sweet little girl-scout traveling door-to-door with QUALITY drugs from a source you can trust, even if you can't trust the drugs themselves..

That is all...

P.S. Coke is cut with horse-wormer:( FUCK THE CARTEL FUCKS, WHATEVER HAPPENED TO, IDK, LIKE LACTOSE POWDER AS A CUT?? SOMETHING EASY ON THE VEINS AND BODIES OF YOUR CONSUMERS WOULD ENSURE A STEADY MARKET SHARE, YOU IDIOT FUCKHEADS, KILL YASELVES!

In my area which is Philadelphia , the term "cotton fever" From IV use ,
Refers to not using cotton or filter and some type of fiber or particulate has
hitched a ride in the mix causing the sickness similar to the OP

I can see this post is old, but i have done my share of research to understand what happened to me i think? Im really new to this whole drug use. I have only done two drugs in my life. Weed & meth. Now yes you will wonder how did that happened. Well bf introduced me to it, because i wanted him to quit but he said if only i would try it so i could feel what he does. And understand..Thing is he is an IV user, and even tho it sounds so wrong and i didn't want to, i gave it a try. Scared shitless but still did it. Like i said I'm completely new to this, so i didn't know crap, but that u get a massive rush and he just needed to show me. Ok so he gave me $10 and with syringe also 10 in water...(ik it sounds horrible like what an ass bf to want u to try it with an iv like for ur first time, ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND...) yes most likely. But I'm all for experimenting, I'm not someone to really get addicted i promise. Now my story is long, but you'll be just as shocked. So after HE, helped me shoot it it felt really good, felt the rush, felt like all my sense were freaking heightened, the arousal.. U know for a first time meth user to do it like that i know its something a lot of ppl look down on but, it felt amazing. It was done around 11am, and than at night i did $12-15? Same with 15H2O/around 3-4am. And still felt alright. So after having a good time, we did shoot up again around 2-3pm the next day and i think he seriously accidentally gave me a$20 and can't remember weather it was 15 in water or 20(syringe) but concentrated dosage or not, i feel like the way we use the water/syringes/cotton/spoon is not very sanitize and now that i have read this forum I'm thinking weather or not it was that dirty shot(bacteria)/ you see i told you guys I'm new to drugs. I have balls and I'm crazy for trying what i did, i get it, I suffered my consequences, and after reading it if you get the chance you'll know that my body doesn't tolerate much huh. After i hit that one we were seriously in the mood for some sexy and steamy time and the rush was way more out there than the first one i had gotten, i started to feel a little numbness, everything heightened again, eyes were jittering, temp: hot and cold, heart racing badly, and when we laid down for just 1minute, i told him," babe as good as this feels! Somethings not right." He looked at me thinking i was joking but i wasn't. I told him to stand up with me cause my whole body was going completely numb, i couldn't stand up, he had to help me up and hold me so i wouldn't fall and at the same time massage me for circulation. I could hardly manage to even speak right, Obviously i started to panic. (Boy did i over shitz my self in my mind) he tried to tell me to calm down, its in my head im stronger than it. Meth does this, head games, u got to be in control, you got this, he said. Lil did he know, i was loosing my shit. I was trying so hard to really concentrate on positive things, laugh if u may but i wanted to keep thinking of stupid candy and cute glittering stuff happy thoughts stupid happy thoughts that weren't helping because i was fighting with my consciousness in the back of my head i was telling my self, alright, u did too much, your having anxiety attacks, you got this, i knew i was very aware of every single detail that my body was acting up over the drug throwing me off big time, but i didn't want to focus on it because i knew if i did, i would of been 7ft underground....but every-time as i said that in my head, i was breathing slower and slower. As i kept thinking of happy thought told bf to hand me a plastic bag so i could breath in it and calm myself down, it wasn't really working. while i was feeling panic attack(anxy)/cramping of while body almostparalized/heart -racing/shortness of breath/dizziness. & a lot more This is where shit got real. He wanted me to come to the bathroom so he could have me jump in cold shower, but our roommate was in the bathroom, we rushed to the kitchen and he started splashing cold water in my face. I told him ok its not really working its making me uncomfortably cold, hardly even able to say anything else, it was so hard to breath and when going back to our bedroom, i sat down and looked at him in the eyes and told him baby i can hardly breath right, im running out of air i shout, and tell him i need CPR, i can feel my body shutting down, NOW! I told him. So cpr began, for 15min and waiting for roommate to get out of bathroom. Rushed to the bathroom and he had to even punch me several times in the heart because the chest compression weren't doing shit for me. I Was a gonner :( well after getting me in cold water after 10 more min of cpr and the having the water over me i started to calm down. It like stopped my shock i guess? Point is i could start breathing on my own, hard to breath but able to do it on my own.and as i was rushing back to our room since i was soaking wet with my cloths, had to change it was freaking cold. And as soon as i looked at my self in the mirror i screamed because my face and neck was all swollen up and i didn't even looked like my self. It was so bad. My neck and my face felt like a balloon. I felt like a monster.. And 3 times my head plus deformed looking much.. It was such a scary experience... But i was to scared to go to the hospital, so we looked for info on something like this. It seems like i had an allergic reaction supposedly and it had to be taken seriously.(( But i also think its bacteria.. In our syringe or anything really because i know we weren't that sanitized how we should've been.)) and honestly i didn't know any better. So even scared of going to the hospital to show my allergic reaction and honestly tell them it was my first time shooting ... They didn't judge and were kind to me. I got my steroid shot and a one for calming down, was sent home. And applied ice in a bag in my swollen areas for 4-5days and i went back to me. What i had found out as the doctor also said yes it was an allergic reaction/ i had antibodies come to the rescue because meth posed as a threat against my life and i don't doubt it. And they were there to protect me from any substance to go through my brain well they were at war basically with the meth dosage. Also the antibodies kicked in because my body wasn't coping with the amount that i took. Low tolerance and bf cut me off. It was a traumatic experience but he cut me off cause supposedly he didn't want me risking doing it again and going worse. But I'm stubborn. And i wanted to confirm what it really was. I told him i would take $5! Just five, after i recover. And test my hypothesis... Im just still wondering a bunch of things, because i read so much information. I wouldn't even know how to start..... I mean look at this damn essay D:! But yeah what r ur opinions? (I have do e it again, i had most of the same symptoms but after i did a lil bit more, they lasted 6hours for me to calm down get my breathing normal again, the panicky away, the numbness and cramping and the heart racing, u want to calm down but u cant because ur body is in that constant reaction, and its so hard to escape from negative thoughts and being sooo aware of whats going on and trying not to loose ur shit again lol xD i only do it 2 days every three weeks or months because i don't want to die. And had my personal reasons for liking it. Very very dangerous indeed.

Im not sure im in the right forum for this question but, i did a shot of heroin in my foot yesterday morning and seemed to have missed a bit n my whole foot is realy sore swollen n red, this has happened b4 in my arm n hand but went away after a cpl days, should i get my foot checked out? Or should it go away like it usually would?

Ok so I found your story quite unbelievable... I'm not trying to be rude but when you need cpr and your heart stops from "anaphylaxis" which is what you're claiming, after 15-25 minutes of being without a pulse and oxygen, you would be brain dead or have some sort of problems... So the people doing cpr on you most likely doing it wrong and to a person who didn't need CPR, and you wouldn't just come out of with without medication and medical treatment. So I don't think it was an allergic reaction but more of a bad hit of meth which is a drug iv never fucked with, and this is a thread about opiates... So as a medical professional (for legal reasons I will not state what type of license I hold) I'm not sure what happened to you but it sounds like a really shitty experience...

This chick had a bad hit before. It was so bad they stopped being an IVDU. They went on methadon. remembers laying there in bed, freezing cold, pouring sweat, shaking, feeling dizzy, neaseated, heart racing and palpitations really bad... Didn't want to do more. Just wanted to stop feeling like they were going to die. Took a 2 hour nap after laying there freaking out for about 35-40 mins and was fine when woke up...

Always felt the pins and needles and the facial flushing after buying from a certain block... 3 bags or more would always give that feeling followed by a long heavy high... Never considered it a bad hit just some additive in the product...