• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos The days run together - 50mg diazepam daily

NorwegianElkhound

Bluelighter
As some of you know, I'm currently doing a rapid detox and have been prescribed up to 50mg diazepam every day and I'm on day 7. I have a support person that controls my meds but he's been giving me 20mg at 4 and 8 pm with 10mg at 8 in the morning.

Anyways it's been a week and feels like it's only been a few days. I've akso started to stumble from the valium I believe.

I'm due (it'll probably be 10mg) in an hour and a half, is there anyway I can avoid the blackoutz and stumbling?

You shouldn't be taking that much diazepam, you could develop benzo dependence very quickly at this rate. How many more days are they intending to keep you on diazepam for? You shouldn't need more than 10 mg a night for sleep. Taking less will also solve your problem with blackouts and balance issues.

You shouldn't be taking that much diazepam, you could develop benzo dependence very quickly at this rate. How many more days are they intending to keep you on diazepam for? You shouldn't need more than 10 mg a night for sleep. Taking less will also solve your problem with blackouts and balance issues.
I ended uo taking 20 mg last night, or maybe 17.5 because I lost a quarter of a pill. I'm freaked out because I got a naloxone ass shot yesterday that made me sick and I get a naltrexone implant this morning and it only says 1 valium this morning. Weed isn't going to cover it, I'll talk with the doctor at 9 am and I'll be there all day for the implanf

I personally would also drop my benzo use or only use it as needed. That is a high dose but then again i don't know your past benzo use. so try dropping the dosage if you can or readdress it with your doctor about the side you having. Maybe swap to a benzo like nromazepam that doesn't have that much of a sedative property. But none the less, talk to your doc and see what he says. I mean he is the professional at the end of the day

This is the last day. I just took 10mg sublingually because I'm getting a naltrexone injection and I'm scared as hell so I hope they give me more because I'll be there all day. They probably won't let me take them sublingual though

The doctor said 50mg a day for the process isn't enough to become hooked

50mg is a crazy amount for someone who has no benzo tolerance. I don’t know what he was thinking.

50mg is a crazy amount for someone who has no benzo tolerance. I don’t know what he was thinking.
I'm also being thrown into precip withdrawals daily for a week, I needed it.

I also find myself becoming more aggressive with my support person, begging for 2 instead of 1 though.