• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Coffee Thread

tall-strong-skinny-fair trade-flat white-with one, thanks.

tbh i don't really give two fucks if it's a latte or a flat white or a capp, i just like the taste of coffee and i need caffeine to function on any reasonable level.

fwiw my favourite coffee places in melbourne are plush fish at melbourne uni (though i go to kere-kere 'cause they're non-profit hippies), tiamo on lygon street, trotter's on lygon street, pellegrini's on bourke (it's bitter, but compelling - and it's worth it just 'cause it's old school), and degraves espresso.

clearly i like some nutty tastin' coffee.

i drink instant at my work 'cause it's all that's on offer, but really, it's not coffee. it's like making a pasta lover two-minute noodles then asking what they think.

plungers are my nearly-happy-medium. i have a proper 15-bar machine, but it takes forever to make a coffee that, after two years of denial, tastes, well, shit. the plunger tastes little better, but it's three times as fast, and easy to clean. at least i can use real coffee.

if i choose, nfw am i drinking instant shit. wtf, am i john travolta?

(and yes i'll drink a short black or short mac if need be - and i like them - but i'd rather savour a flat white over a half-hour, if i have the option.)

finally, i like my women how i like my coffee. ground up and in the freezer.

surely we can all agree on this minor point, at least.

If I 'Should' Still Drink Coffee... Which I Tend Not To... As... Ristrettobsession..

Samadhi said:
Again, i'm not down with drinking cat poo. =D

Dear Miss K,

They're civets.

If it makes yo' feel any better.

PEACE
UnSquare
I Can'
food-smiley-020.gif

restrain my'delf...
food-smiley-020.gif

food-smiley-020.gif

food-smiley-020.gif

food-smiley-020.gif

food-smiley-020.gif

food-smiley-020.gif

food-smiley-020.gif

food-smiley-020.gif

food-smiley-020.gif

food-smiley-020.gif

ect. forever.
:\ :(

food-smiley-021.gif

But Canna' Drink It...
No restraint...
:(

Theism

As fo' tea...
..still affects my anxiety,
...but,
I've been gettin' back into it:

#1. God Drinks This Tea:
Lapsang Souchong <3
( www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lapsang_souchong )
#2. Good Earl Grey
#3. I Can't Find The Province!!!!
It's Southern.
Grown In Yunnan?
Twinnings us'd to have it in loose leaf.
Can' Find It On Their List...
Ah-ha!
Found it...
Yunnan was right.
#4. Lady Grey

Niao Yu
Hua Xiang
Muthafukaz.

UnAsTheic
Anymore
UnUff
Grrrrr.....
<3
thumbsup.gif
<3

Black & 2
_________
5 minute Steep​

Last edited:
As from this year.. I am totally addicted to coffee!

I'm trying to limit myself to one per day but its a constant struggle!

If theres anything worse than drinking instant coffee it's drinking it with shit longlife milk.

Working in the government industry thats all you get. I started bringing in my own coffee and milk till people started knocking it off.

So i got into the habit of drinking instant black coffee. Took me 6 months but i did it... i mutha flippin did it.

^
You could bring good coffee
and hide it in a secret compartment.

Is it entirely necessary to have the coffee beans eaten and excreted by this jungle creature.

Could one simply eat the beans themselves and make their own Kopi luwak?

OK so use your imaginations a bit and imagineate me with the most stupid look on my face, a look of absolute glee.........glee I say, yes GLEE. and waving my arms about like a maniac and well............thats how i feel cos I am now the proud owner of a serious espresso coffee making machine.

I never believed that you could make coffee as good at home as the ones you buy.

You know what..........its even better.

I actually had a 148 dollar sunbeam that was great also but it kept leaking so i took it back and seeing as i was soo addicted to this make your own stuff, I deided to splash out and spend a touch under 400 on this baby..........it gets massive reviews all over the net and so far its just awesomeness.

i love my lattes.

350_BR-800ES.jpg

HEY... i know someone that has that exact same coffee maker...

some weekends, i will make one up for her using that thing...

still till this day... i have never had a coffee...

i dont like the smell of it very much, and i also dont like drinks of the hot order... (tea/hot choc)

that being said, i have heard there is a good brand of coffee in brisbane that uses my last name... maybe i can get cash from it ?

coffee should taste how it smells...

quick plug:

come to espressolab 5 cracknell rd annerley brisbane mention bluelight and get $1 off your coffee..

I like ti think i make some of the best coffee going, but dont take my word for it, come try me!

(Mods, if this is sourcing or pricing then I'm sorry, but small business needs any and all exposure so I'll take it when I can get it)

on topic.. at home, apart from about 3 commercial machines in various states of completeness I'm using a 7 year old sunbeam I modified (a little!!) gives me a coffe that shits over most of the crap I can buy in this town... not mine obviously!!

PLUR

ven_lrg_image_01.jpg

My dream! and a maizer mini right next to that!

I still miss the barista days.....