Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Cigarette Thread

Mr Blonde

Bluelighter
This thread is for discussion of those beautiful but deadly sticks, filled with that tasty material we call tobacco. :D

I've started this because it has come to my attention that a certain Bluelighter (*hack hack, cough cough, inhale, exhale) has been dragging threads off topic with his constant obsession with cigarettes, besides which it would be good to see which other BL'ers smoke, who smokes what, and just general chat. :)

This thread is not for discussion of quitting; I think it would be counter-productive to be talking about that in a thread that's about enjoying cigarettes. Discussion about giving up tobacco can have it's own thread.

So here we go, lets all light up like it's Mad Men. ;)

I'm actually supposed to be giving up but I bought a pack today. Hopefully I'll leave it at that.

Anyway, I smoke benson and hedges smooth. I think they give the perfect hit of nicotine and have the best taste out of all other cigarettes. When I travel and I have less variety of smokes, I'll smoke marlboro lights. I'll occassionally smoke them when to mix things up but am pretty loyal to B and H.

I've tried getting into rollies to save money but I find I smoke more, and that I find them too harsh, don't like the taste much, and they go out all the time. Some friends are rollie lovers, and will pass up tailors. I don't get that but to each their own.

I am also a shameless ciggie scab. no doubt it annoys my mates no end, but when I have them when I am going out drinking or for a night out I'll buy a pack or two and happily share them with friends. Though it is rarer these days for me not to have a pack, back a few years ago when I was more impoverished I rarely had one. I have a trick to stop spending money on smokes but to get the odd ciggie if I need when I am out and about. Go up to a random, and offer them a dollar for a smoke. Most people won't accept the dollar but give you a smoke. Your much more likely to get a smoke this way. I told you I was shameless ;) Not so shameless that I will accept menthols though. they're gross. I am particularly shocked and appauled when I see men smoking them. I also hate it when you bum a smoke and it is a horizon red. I know beggers can't be choosers, but I'd rather smoke a rolled up turd.

So if anyone has been fooled by this around melbourne, it may have been me.

eathfreq2011006.jpg

I'm not fussy, I'll smoke what ever I can bum so I can skin up.

^ LOL. i don't know why this photo reminded me of this, but I have a mate who is convinced that you can smoke acid tabs in joints. He'll tear up a few tabs and put it in a joint. I don't smoke weed these days so I've never tried it. Seems like a waste of good acid to me, but the fucker is too stubborn to admit it has no effect.

Sorry for the offtopic Mr blond, i lnow you want to talk about your love affair with the golden leaf.

I know some one that smoked a DOC tab in a cone and thought it definitely had an effect, I didn't wanna waste mine on finding out though.

Psy, I used to be a scab like you but not so much these days, I smoke too much to scab smokes.

I was a good smoker for years, only had 3-4 a day except when I was out and about, now it is a lot more.

Winnie blue rollies for me, saves money and the only rolley I like the taste of. It's the best.

Other than that I usually buy a different pack all the time if I buy tailors. I prefer dunhills or Stuyv filters but there's nothing wrong with a B&H or Marlboro Red here and there.

^ the first cigarette I ever had was a styvie red. got massive headspins then nearly passed out after rushing to the toilet to take an emergency shit.

When I first started smoking at 14 I used to buy winnie reds, pj virginias, and other strong smokes. i can't stand strong smokes anymore. Too harsh and they don't feel enjoyable. When I taught English in rural thailand it was a 20 minute bike ride to the nearest place that sold marlboro lights but a little shop nearby sold local brands. Wonder reds and crontips. I swear these smokes were 30mg tar. i couldn't even finish a whole one, and I was a pack a day smoker then. Yet the Thais used to suck em down like they were going out of fashion. don't even get me started on the chop chop they used to smoke out of banana leaf if they couldn't afford the 20c a pack ones.

Mr Blond, what do you smoke and how much a day?

I'm not sure how i keep from getting addicted to ciggies, but i too only smoke Winnie Blues when I'm drinking/pinging.

If I'm stone cold sober, i wont even touch them or feel the need for one.

That's how it started for me :p

Watched many people get addicted from that too.

Yeah if I buy 16's these days I usually have half a one and then put it out 'cause I don't want any more lol.

I stopped smoking for 9 days after a 2 week course of Champix, of course I had 1 after some shit went down... now I've been smoking 2 or 3 a day for the past few days and I expect that trend to increase until I'm back at a pack a day again.

I've gotta say, I love Bill Hicks.

"They proved that if you quit smoking, it will prolong your life. What they haven't proved is that a prolonged life is a good thing.";

^Fuck, I can't even imagine smoking a full pack a day. Like Jake said, Sometimes i can't even finish a full one :/

I'm a slave to the cigarettes! I love them AND hate them! Been smoking since I was 13, so it's been a long while, over 25 years now. Nicotine is the only drug that's ever been able to hook me! Damn you, you evil but enjoyable cigarettes! I've been smoking rollies for the last 12 or so years, started cos of the cost but I prefer them now. If I smoke tailors I get a cough and they're just not as tasty anyway =D And no way would I pay $15 or whatever for a packet of 25. I smoke about 18 a day (used to be 30 or more a day so improvement! ) so a packet of tobacco, papers and filters costs me about $35ish every 5-7 days.

Cigs go with everything! alcohol, tea, coffee, after eating, while eating,while walking,when waiting for a train, when reading, when online or on the phone, sitting, standing,when stressed, when happy ... oh they go with everything!

Am I allowed to say that I do kind of plan/hope to quit soonish. Meaning in the next couple of years! I've never tried to stop before, but I think 25 years on the fags is enough. Even though I can't imagine my life without them.
I'm a smoker! What am I without my fags?!!8o

And I fucking hate whinging non-smokers! Been some talk in Melbourne lately about banning smoking at outdoor seating areas at restaurants, cafes, beer gardens etc. Seriously, what a joke. Firstly a lot of the outdoor stuff only sprung up after the indoor smoking bans to cater for smokers but now the whiners think they can take these places too? And if they cry as much about the carcinogens coming from car exhaust then maybe I'll take them seriously. But they don't, so yeah they should probably shut the fuck up! Sit at that kerbside table on a major street full of traffic and breath all that fresh air you morons.
ZOMG people are smoking in open spaces! Evil smokers killing the children! But breathing in the exhaust of the millions of cars in the city, and driving one is OK. (I don't have a car so I can get on my high horse about this =D )

And pubs suck now. What fun is a pub when you can't smoke? :X

Smoked on and off for around 15-17 years. Longest without was year, 8months, 6 months, month, few weeks over the years.

Port Royal "mellowed with rum and wine" with filters, sometimes buy menthol filters for bit of extra smoothness in the Summer :p

First Smoked Peter Jackson's Extra Mild when I was around 15 when was legal to buy them at age of 16 and costed few bucks.

Always been a Rollie Man, Port Royal's, Champion Ruby's Yellow, Drum Yellow/Light Blue.

Mates often offer me their Tailor's always, most of the time turn down, rather my rollies, thanks.

I was in Europe last year, missed the Euro Prices of Ciggies, especially in Estonia, Latvia, Poland and Slovakia.

Last 18 months or so, find myself buy a nice Cubans, especially "Hoyo de Monterrey" Brand sometimes the "Epicure Especial", "Epicure No.1/No.2" and "Edicion Limitada 2007" all of them from Hoyo's, I actually have soft spot for the Epicure Special and Edicion 2007. Hoyo's is nice, not too heavy or smokey-ish, they actually are quiet nice, light, flavours/aromas rather than cheap shitty cigars where's it's too smokey and overtakes the flavours.

People buy pills/baggys of powders, I buy Cigars :p

Buy them once every month-6 weeks, fire them up, pour myself a nice Aged Single Malts, especially Highland Park or Knockando, sometimes buy Glenmorangie. Treat myself few hundred bucks on Cigars and Malt. I arent wealthy, just comfortable.

I shake my head when I see people smoke White Ox Rollies....lol!

Wow, I go out for a couple of beers and this thread takes off. I love talking about cigarettes. :)

Mr Blond, what do you smoke and how much a day?

I smoke Champion Ruby usually, probably about 25 or more a day. I used to smoke a pack of Marlboro Reds a day for a few years, before that was Horizon Reds. After I'd moved onto Marlboro, I was poor for a week once and bought one of those 50 packs of Horizon Reds. And it tasted like fucking cardboard! As if my taste buds were used to the Marlboro Reds and didn't want to go back to Horizon... anyone else had this?

Right now, because it's the day before pay day, I'm smoking a pack of 'Tradition Reds'... not too bad for a cheap pack of smokes.

I know some one that smoked a DOC tab in a cone and thought it definitely had an effect, I didn't wanna waste mine on finding out though.

In PiHKAL, I think, Shulgin talks about radio-labeling one of the DOx drugs and observing it pass through the body. He says that in the hours before the drug starts to take effect, for some reason the molecules seem to gather in the lungs before crossing over to the brain. He then theorizes that perhaps some metabolic process takes place there that allows it cross the Blood-Brain-Barrier, and then it can start to kick in.

So maybe smoking a DOx substance would be viable? I wouldn't want to try it though, I always get the blood pressure spikes and vasoconstriction very easily and in fact need to go get my blood pressure checked out again as when I got it measured about a week ago it seem a bit high for someone my age. :\

When I taught English in rural thailand it was a 20 minute bike ride to the nearest place that sold marlboro lights but a little shop nearby sold local brands.

Mmm, those Thai cigarettes sound interesting. When I was there I didn't really try much of the local fare, did smoke a few banana leaf cigarettes which were... strange. Mainly smoked Marlboro Reds and then brought pack a carton of Lucky Strikes since they are so cheap there and I had missed tailors since the tax increase.

Cigs go with everything! alcohol, tea, coffee, after eating, while eating,while walking,when waiting for a train, when reading, when online or on the phone, sitting, standing,when stressed, when happy ... oh they go with everything!

Am I allowed to say that I do kind of plan/hope to quit soonish. Meaning in the next couple of years! I've never tried to stop before, but I think 25 years on the fags is enough. Even though I can't imagine my life without them.

Ha ha, that first paragraph is a lot like a few posts I've made on here before. ;)

Of course you can say you want to quit! But don't expect much support from this thread!

But feel free to post in a thread dedicated to quitting. :)

Gee, Mr.Blonde 25 a day, small ciggies or fat tailor sized ciggies?

One 50g Pouch usually last me 5-7 days, don't usually smoke in the mornings most of the time, have my first one after lunch or "morning tea" expresso coffee.

Find smoke heaps more during drinking sessions, and I noticed when I go absent without ciggies, find drinking beers difficult task, turn to drinking red wines as they are somewhat strangely "drinkable" without ciggies.

I just love my Coopers Pale Ale, gotta have my Port Royals with good old Coopers.

^ They aren't really fat, I'd say they are a decent size. 30 gram pouch lasts me about three days or so.

I have my first cigarette in the morning, my ritual is a black, American style coffee with two cigarettes and whatever music I'm into at the moment. :)

In fact, a lot of my smoking is very ritualized... anyone else get that?

In fact, a lot of my smoking is very ritualized... anyone else get that?

yes sir. A smoke with a coffee first thing in the morning. A smoke whilst waiting for the train. A smoke between classes. all these activities seem incomplete without a cigarette.

Never have been a big fan of smoking after a meal though. Or after sex, but thats got more to do with not smoking indoors and not wanting to be rude to my mrs by saying 'wow that was great. I'll be back in 5 minutes I'm going for a smoke'.

Do most of you smokers smoke in your own home? i generally won't because i don't like the lingering smell, but have when I'm drunk and occassionally when I am on a roll with an assignment and don't want to take time out to have a smoke.

^ I don't smoke inside my house, because we are renting and the landlord doesn't want us too and also because my girlfriend hates it and I don't mind sitting outside to smoke.

I like smoking after meals, on my lunch break at work it's ritualized in that I'll make sure I finish eating before a set time into my break so I can fit two cigarettes and a V in. :)

Only smoke after sex when she does, it would be awkward popping out afterwards to have a smoke. :D

Of course you can say you want to quit! But don't expect much support from this thread!

But feel free to post in a thread dedicated to quitting. :)

That won't be necessary, the quitting idea is just in the pre-pre-pre-pre-planning stage right now. Just a vague idea in other words =D I don't really want to stop, which is all that's stopping me from quitting now ha ha. So nothing's going to happen until I can convince myself that I really want to stop.

yes sir. A smoke with a coffee first thing in the morning. A smoke whilst waiting for the train. A smoke between classes. all these activities seem incomplete without a cigarette.

Absolutely, coffee and a cig first thing on the agenda every morning. It's all very ritualised with me too. Waiting for the train, check! Between lectures, check! I used to light up as soon as I opened my eyes, my cigs would be right beside the bed, but I can wait the extra 10 mins until a coffee is made now. I restrict smoking to one room of the house now, tried the outdoor only smoking at home for a few months but Melbourne winters makes that an exercise in misery.

And although I did have a bitch about non-smokers, would just like to point out that I am a considerate smoker, would never stand around and blow smoke at people, throw butts in the street or anything like that. That is just arsehole behaviour!

Excellent choice of thread Mr B.

I smoke rollies drum menthol although smoked champion ruby yellow for years and tailor mades years before that with wills red my prefered choice during that time. I love the minty taste although I dont really notice it after smoking them for a few years. And no i dont get many takers when people ask for a smoke and very few come back for seconds. But all my mates will smoke them when they run out.

Cant stomach tailor mades anymore after not smoking them for about ten years. Have tried a few times and they taste disgusting and usually end up coughing. Some tailor made smokers over the years I have noticed seem to look down on us rollie smokers like a poor cousin. But i find it very satisfying when I roll a cigarette that I made. And even more satisfying when the shape is perfectly cylinderical.

I do smoke at home as I live alone in my own place and have always believed that is one of the main benefits of being in your own place. The ability to do what you want and not have to worry about landlords. I enjoy having a cold beer a smoke and being able to watch a movie or a bit of tv. Although I do have one rule and that is if someone is eating then no smoking although snacks are excempt from this rule.

I am usually happy to part with a cigarette for random strangers unless they look too young to smoke. And those who ask for a rollie who can't roll thier own usually get refused as well.