• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Bluelighter's Guide to Moving Out of Home

lots of excellent ideas and thoughts here guys. Thanks for all the advice, much appreciated :)

-signed someone moving out of home within the next 12-18mths

man, this thread just saved me a lot of time
in one month, sydney, here i come

my guide to fitting out the house

one walk around newtown at nigth with trolley/skate board
you'd be suprized what you will find that still works

the other option is get a mate with a car to head to valcluse and see what the rich suckers are throughing otu check the op shop bins in that area you be suprized what they through away (we are talking very expensive furnature and cloths here)

the other good oe is to hit up the p's for all the stuff they dont use any more
this is how i got my micro wave, electric fry pan and knife set

only thing i had to realy send money on was my bed
btu was worth every dollar

oh and remeber every share house need a brown couch

oh and make sure its a three seater or longer
there are always goig to be the times when you have someone crash after to big a night

Damn, I'd forgotten this baby existed.

It's really good seeing that the stuff put up here has gone to good use.

*beams proudly*

a wok in an essential item - even an electric one. quick to clean and you don't just have to cook stirfry's in them!!

Oh, the thing you all forget - drugs... tends to drain the bill money - or at least from what i've seen/exp lol

yeah i used to make thick creamy soups in my wok as i didnt have a source pan big enough

how good is a dryer for ya clothes? all you need to do for ya laundry is throw your clothes around twice for five minutes in the space of 2 hours and your done!

anyone ever lived in an open house? im thinkin of starting one.. gimme advice!~!!!

you guys forgot one bit of info.

If moving in with strangers (answered ad in paper or on net)

Check what their drug habits are or what their views on substance use other than alcohol are (if you use anything).

you might end up moving in with completely straight people (not necessarily christians or anything) who might label you a junkie for life after catching a glimpse of you coming home after a big night out. And thus will try and get rid of you as quickly as possible just in case you knock off the vcr to pay for your next pill or something.

UnSquare Drummin' Up Business

^
Yeah, don't move in with Splatt.
;) ;)

$77- per hour - Two Men
Sydney, Canberra, Gosford, Newcastle, ect.
(what's that, you don't need a reciept...
oh... you wanna pay cash... did I say $77...? ;))

PM me.
:)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
A moderator will warn UnSquare about this post

And always have spare candles + light bulbs. Nothing worse than on a cold winters night and the lights go off and/or you blow a light and can't replace it straight away.

Me and my best mate are moving out together early next year, cant wait.
At the moment on Average I earn about $300 a week, how much do you generally need a week when living on your own?
Also how much do most people spend on food alone per week?
I'll be working more next year so I'll have a bit more, but just curious because the earlier we can move out the better.

I've seen friends spend $5-$10 a week on food (2 min noodles, rice) and if they still have them, food vouchers from places like Brotherhood of St laurence, st vincents etc.

It all depends on what your social standards are (and food) is what dictates your cost. You can spend almost nothing (except for food/utility bills) if you own a gamining system or PC and play games for entertainment instead of going to pubs/shopping/whatever costs $$.

Every person is different (especially comparing working vs people on the dole).

When I first moved out of home I lives on $350 a fortnight. This paid rent ($82.50 pw) and food ($50 pw) and my share of phone and electricity bills, with a little left over for the odd cheap meal out and abottle of wine. The more people you live with, the cheaper the bills too.

One big tip is NEVER live with your mates AND THEIR FAMILY. ITs a bad bad idea... trust me things get nasty and your treading on family ground here... not to be fucked with. At the same time I went from working 6 days a week to getting a government allowance while i was studying.
to put it in one word HELL. from $600-$700 a week to under $200 is a big step and took a lot of adjusting.
Remember to consider lifestyles of the people you live with too. for me i start work everyday from 6am - 3pm, with my day off being thur. if u live with people partying and drinking all weekend when your trying to sleep can be abig upset.

the MOVING OUT OF HOME thread

ok, so here is the issue, im moving out of home soon, i havent moved out before, i mean, you can only move out for the first time once...

what im wondering, as most of my friends who have moved out didnt really know what they were doing, is what exactly is needed..

i mean i know there are basics like furnature etc....

but still list them..

what did you take when you moved out of home? what should have you brought? what are some little 'moving out ' tricks?

all those little things that i will probably forget, but dont want to...

thanks guys

hopefully this can help me and others alike....

Michael aka Copper 'The Mad Man' Pillar

p.s. i searched, and i found stuff.. but im talking of tips, not just monetry issues.... just things with what to bring, tips tips tips... but there are threads i found, if you really want to merge them, do so, but hey... i think they are different...
teh actual art of moving in with about everything you need... money problems can come later...
e.g.
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89271&highlight=moving+home

I think the original thread and whatever eventuates from this new post will be more useful in tandem. Seeing as the other one is titled: The bluelighters guide to moving out of home, it can rightfully cover everything.
:)

[Merging]