• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Volumetric Liquid Measurement thread

i usually put in a little bit of solvent, then my substance, mix that up a bit, then mix in the rest of my solvent.

Depending on the substance, personal sprays are very useful for dosing. Most dispense pretty accurately and consistently and they are indeed subtle and convenient at events. I use them for MXE and GHB/GBL.

I use ones like this:

kimtYno.jpg

1-200pcs Plastic Bottle Atomiser Pen Shape Perfume Spray Travel Bottle Empty 5ml

Each one should be calibrated by measuring the weight of 10 sprays and calculating the average. Then calibrate your solution to dispense 1/5th of a dose per spray (maximum).

I use 3mg/spray of MXE and undiluted GBL (0.1mls/spray)

Ok simplyput.i have 1000mg diclazepam..and i want to dissolvei propyleme glycol so that each mL equals 10 mg of diclazepam.so that i can use an oral syringe to dose 1mg.doses per .1ml

Can anyone gime the equation..i guess i need to just kniw how much propylene glycol or alcohol i need as a dissolvent so,i can have the liquid easily measured no matter what size container i put it in.
Eventually i wana store in a couple10-15mL bottles.

Wud I need 750ml of liquid per gram of chemical if I want each ml to equal 10mg of chemical¿?..idk.I need help with this..

Last edited by a moderator:
Wud I need 750ml of liquid per gram of chemical if I want each ml to equal 10mg of chemical¿?..idk.I need help with this..

Please review your math skills. Figuring concentrations out is simple and should not be confusing. You could hurt yourself if you don't understand dilutions.

Concentration of a drug is measured in milligrams per milliliter, and you can calculate that number by dividing the number of milligrams of drug by the number of millilitres of solvent. (A gram is 1000 milligrams.)

Where did you get the number 750 from? How does that make sense? If you do the math, 1000mg divided by 750mL = 1.33 mg/mL.

Ok simplyput.i have 1000mg diclazepam..and i want to dissolvei propyleme glycol so that each mL equals 10 mg of diclazepam.

... So if for every 1ml you dissolve 10mg of diclazepam, hypothetically if you made 10mL of that, then how much diclazepam would you have in 10mL? If you made 100mL, how much would you have in 100mL? (Hint: 1000mg in 100mL = 10mg/mL).

Another way to do this is calculating it (divide the mass of chemical by the concentration), if you have 1000mg of compound, 1000mg divided by 10mg/ml = 100mL.

TL;DR:
concentration (mg/mL) = mass of drug (mg) / volume of solvent (mL)
volume of solvent (mL) = mass of drug (mg) / concentration (mg/mL)

Last edited:
TBH...I think 5mg/mL. Is more safe.but ii inderstand the math..I just hadn't used it in a while.but thank yu

CLONAZEPAM/PROPYLENE GLYCOL My first time actually doing this :) everything is ready to begin but I thought I would review my strategy publicly. Let me know if you see any bad steps

1. Weigh 150mg Clonazepam powder on my low cost (fresh batteries) American-weigh Mg scale (+\- 5mg conservatively)
2. Put powder in intended storage vial.
3. Add 15 Ml Propylene Glycol into the vial, I will maintain the solution temp at 90f overnight. (necessary?)
4. In the morning after shaking the vial up I will expect a 10Mg/Ml solution so that .1 ml will deliver 1mg of meds

Yes?

Correct, although keeping the solution at 90*F all night is totally unnecessary. Personally, I would add the PG to the vial, add the powder, shake it all up real nice, then start applying heat. Shake after five minutes of heat, heat for another five, shake again, etc until all dissolved. However, if it takes more than couple minutes for it all to dissolve, you're probably going over what the PG can stably hold in solution, which isn't good as it will require heat and shaking every time you want to dose. As soon as it's all dissolved, you won't need anymore heat. But again if any of the powder precipitates out, you're going to want to measure more PG and add that until it stays in solution permanently without heat.

I realize my instructions of 5 minutes heat, shaking, repeat contradict my statements on solubility. You'll probably be good with a minute or two of heat, shaking, minute or two of heat, etc.

Mission success. The Clonazepam mostly dissolved n the ppg, but a few chunks on the bottom remained....should have flattened the chunks with a lighter edge first. I increased heat to 120 and added vibration to encourage dissolution (bass speaker).

This brings me to my next arithmetic challenge. I want to put this stuff in a dropper bottle that s convenient to carry. As it sits now my concentration is at 10mg/ml. My eyedropper holds .25 ml. I would like one dropper to delver 1mg meds.

If my vial is 400ml. I will add 300ml distiller water to 100ml drugs solution so that 2.5mg/ml (one dropper)=1mg meds

Show your work:
150mg drugs + 15ml ppg = 10mg/ml solution
3ml distiller water + 1ml drug solution = 2.5 mg/ml solution
.25 ml = 1 mg drugs

Yes?

Last edited:
If you're using the exact same volumes as you originally posted as wanting to use, no. If you currently have 150mg/15mL - 10mg/mL, then you're going to want a total of 37.5mL to achieve 4mg/mL or 1mg/0.25mL.

So to achieve a total of 37.5mL, you subtract the volume that you already have, 15mL, which leaves you with an additional 22.5mL that you would need to add to your original 150mg/15mL solution.

Make sense?

I see the problem here. I want to keep the big jar at 10mg/ml. When I fill my eyedropper vial I diluted with distilled water adding 3ml water to 1ml Clonazepam solution giving a concentration of 2.5 mg/ml. Meaning that .25 ml would give .625mg right?

If I wanted to fill a 4 ml bottle to get 4 mg/ml I would add 1.6ml clnz solution and 2.4ml distilled water??

My math is shit...I think I spilled a puddle on my skin lol

Last edited:
TBH...I think 5mg/mL. Is more safe.but ii inderstand the math..I just hadn't used it in a while.but thank yu

For the sake of harm reduction, I'll just tell you so you don't do it wrong... if you have a gram of diclazepam, you would dissolve it in 100mL of PG to get 10mg/mL. You get this by simply calculating 1000mg / 10mg/mL = 100mL. 1000 divided by 10.

CLONAZEPAM/PROPYLENE GLYCOL solution, 10mg/Ml....does this NEED to be refrigerated? Will not be all gone for many moons

Last edited:
I've never heard issues with benzodiazepines when it comes to stability. As long as it isn't in a super hot area I'd think it will be fine.

No, refrigeration will not be needed to prevent bacterial growth or substance breakdown.

will a ratio of 100mg/100ml be accurate enough for measuring out doses of 2/2.5/3mg of DOB using a standard oral syringe? or does it need more liquid to be precise enough

I don't know, how accurate is your syringe? That sounds appropriate to me for even a 10ml syringe.

If your syringe measures less than mLs (like .1 mL) then you're good. If it only measures whole mLs then I'd get one that does, and use that concentration.

yea its a 3ml syringe with 0.2ml increments

Last edited:
Are there other high-proof vodkas appropriate for volumetric dosing other than Everclear?
Also, either way should it be diluted with water or is it okay to use pure?

I might as well pass my whole plan by you smarties:
Going to order 1g of 3-MeO-PCP very soon. Plan on dissolving 100mg at a time so I can put it in small amber bottles.
100mg of 3-MeO (weighed out on a scale first) into 50mL of high-proof alcohol (using a measuring cup I guess?), which should be 2mg/mL... right? :p I feel stupid doubting myself, but math never was my strong suite...