• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Trip Activities Thread

To be fair as we all know forgetting who you are is certainly possible, but would usually require a pretty large dose. Never happened to me so far but at some point i'd love to experience full on ego death.

If you have done mushrooms, you already have a ballpark idea of what to expect. Acid it pretty different in some subtle ways though.

Acid has a smoother dose/response curve whereas as you up the dose of mushrooms, the trip is recreational > recreational > recreational > ego-death (kind of like how there is a breakthrough point on DMT). The visuals on acid are more solid and often involve distortions of existing objects where as mushrooms are more fractals-in-front-of-your-eyes visual.

Also acid goes on for longer and is more "awesome" or "epic" in it's nature. It's more likely to be a life changing experience at any given dose.

Last edited:
Hey Cheesuschristo, we already have a main thread for things to do while tripping, and a first time LSD thread, both of these I feel would be helpful to you. I'd like to merge this with one of those to keep this sort of discussion in fewer places so it's all in one place and easy to read through. I'd lean towards the First Time LSD thread as being the best place to merge this, that sound good to you? :)

I'll wait until you've had a chance to reply before I merge it.

As for activities, the main thing I find to enjoying trips is to do things you don't do every day! Don't sit around your PC or TV, go out in nature, walk through the woods, say hi to some old friends, go to a festival or a local event, draw, write, dance, run! Do whatever excites your mind at the time, don't limit yourself with plans! :D

Thank you guys for you input!
I didn't forget who I was actually. I'm glad I had a to-do list though.
I ended up going to the beach, doing yoga, and visiting some friends.

I took a sugar cube... It didn't do the job. It was a fresh batch supposedly.
My friends told me I was thinking too much on it because I've been looking up tons of research on the how lysergic dyathlamide affects the neural synapses in your brain and what the consequences might be and so forth....

My friends and i took it at 3 but by 4, they were frying and I was sober.
Went for a run and felt a slight head change but by 6 I was still sober.

Hit the ganja support and that's when it hit me but for like an hour. :( my friends we frying hard too. I lost the magic with ecstasy about a year ago and perhaps my tolerance for drugs that mess with my serotonin is really high.

I will try acid one more time next week with some shroom shake on a camping trip and see what happens.

Hey Cheesuschristo, we already have a main thread for things to do while tripping, and a first time LSD thread, both of these I feel would be helpful to you. I'd like to merge this with one of those to keep this sort of discussion in fewer places so it's all in one place and easy to read through. I'd lean towards the First Time LSD thread as being the best place to merge this, that sound good to you? :)

I'll wait until you've had a chance to reply before I merge it.

As for activities, the main thing I find to enjoying trips is to do things you don't do every day! Don't sit around your PC or TV, go out in nature, walk through the woods, say hi to some old friends, go to a festival or a local event, draw, write, dance, run! Do whatever excites your mind at the time, don't limit yourself with plans! :D

Merge away friend! Thank you!!!

It was fun and smooth and jollyyyyy

How does anything I said imply that in any way shape or form?
because what if I do forget who I am and I won't remember about the list at all... Which is why it would be a good idea to listen to you and not makes list :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I lost the magic with ecstasy about a year ago and perhaps my tolerance for drugs that mess with my serotonin is really high.

Me too mate with the mdma, but acid always hit's the spot, unless I have already been tripping the day before (in which case take more! :) ). I don't think it really works like that, but everyone is different.

Birds, tree frogs, babbling brook/river is the only music you need -
Four walls suck...

Mandelboxes and deep conversation with all participating psychonauts is about all we do. We live in the city, and walking around tripping was fun until one of our buddies got arrested :\ now we're all kind of paranoid. When I lived out in the country, the pastures were amazing to trip in though

Stuff to do on mushrooms

I'm trying mushrooms with a bunch of friends at my house for the first time in a couple weeks. I'm really excited and I want some "activities" to do while we're tripping? Any suggestions? What is fun to do when your tripping?
%)%)

If it's your first time: dim the lights, light some candles and put on music you all like.

The rest comes naturally.

edit: If you really want your mind blown, watch The Matrix.

Yeah music is important. Positive beautiful music is the best way to set the mood.

Drawing is great, so is any music that you really like :) Since it's so damn cold outside, try and dim some lights to give the room contrast, shadows can provide very entertaining visuals :)

go with the flow. everything is fun as fuck on fungus. enjoy the ride and please report back :)

I always end up lying down on mushrooms, listening to music, reading a book or just laying in silence. I enjoy other activities as well, such as going for walks and stuff but I always make sure I have a comfortable place to lie down. I am not saying you can't just lay on the ground, but having a comfortable place makes so much of a difference if youre going to lie there for a couple hours or more. I also love to have conversations on mushrooms, but from the lying down position.

Hold a mouthful of water and stand face to face with a friend doing the same thing. You laugh, you lose.

Last edited: