• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Short Acting Psychedelics Thread

4-HO-DIPT has a short duration, but I can never get to sleep for hours after the trip has ended.

>>Though, for pure lulz, ketamine or DMT are probably the most "enjoyable" of the immersive and short acting drugs.>>

motivator8923128.jpg

^DMT and nitrous, when timed correctly, is great! :)

What exactly is in Yopo?

I've done salvia over 20 times :\ I've done 15x and 20x both with butane lighter (and without) always with a water bong. I think i'm going to need a stronger extract, sure would be nice to find some liquid... never heard of there being a liquid extract before.

So, when doing DMT do you experience total loss of reality every time? Or do you often experience a much more mellow and less dramatic effect (still very noticeable though)? The whole "being blown from a cannon" out of this reality into another with complete ego loss is not something i enjoy... ego death frightens me to death.

I enjoy a lot of visuals with psychedelics... i'm just so picky. The mindfuck (and ego death if you consider it separate) are really just so extreme for me and really wrack on my brain to the point of where i can't even pay attention to the visuals of it all and am just so caught up in my head with my thoughts. I can manage an hour or so of that and enjoy the visuals... but 3+ hours... christ no.

I'm beginning to wonder if psychedelics are even for me anymore :(

Cface said:
What exactly is in Yopo?

Anadenanthera peregrina, seeds containing bufotenine and some other tryptamines presumably. Traditionally used as a snuff by shamanic tribes in the Amazon. Not exactly pleasant when ingested that way apparently.

If your worried about the ego-death experience of DMT, then I would not be trying salvia. It is utterly terryfying; whilst DMT canc ertainly be, its on a much different level, where the positive effects overwhelm the negatives (for me at least). But yeah, you don't need anything stronger then a standard lighter to smoke salvia- thats just a myth....

The effects of DMT vary from incredibly wild to gently psychedelic...depending on dosage. I don't know many people that find 15-20mgs smoked too much for them; uite enough to get a bit of a visual display without 'ego-death', and lots of positive euphoria which can be chanelled easily.

try plugging any single one of the psychedelics mentioned in this thread. They'll all last around 3 hours and their intensites can be easily customized to suit your purposes with a proper dose. True story.

try looking into different strains of shrooms, it does make a difference. ive had shrooms that blasted me outa this world but only for about 4 hours
All magic mushrooms contain psilocybin/psilocin (4-HO-DMT), along with other chemicals, but psilocin is the main active one. Psilocin lasts around 6 hours. There is no "certain" strain of mushrooms that lasts shorter. Psilocin is psilocin is psilocin, same duration no matter what kind of fungus it comes from %)

psilocybonaut said:
All magic mushrooms contain psilocybin/psilocin (4-HO-DMT), along with other chemicals, but psilocin is the main active one. Psilocin lasts around 6 hours. There is no "certain" strain of mushrooms that lasts shorter. Psilocin is psilocin is psilocin, same duration no matter what kind of fungus it comes from %)

yes im aware all mushrooms contain psilocin (4-HO-DMT) and psiloycin (4-PO-DMT which converts to 4-HO-DMT inside the body)

but lets not forget some mushroom types contain baeocystin and norbaeocystin which could very well alter the trip. I once read something of a man injesting pure norbaeocystin or baeocystin (forget which) and he reported that it was very psychedelic purely by itself.

also i think mushrooms a number of other alkaloids but in very trace amounts but i cant be sure.

what I know for sure is different mushrooms have definetily given me different trips to such an extant that I would guess it is because of the mushrooms mixture rather then set and settings.

grimble crumble said:
yes im aware all mushrooms contain psilocin (4-HO-DMT) and psiloycin (4-PO-DMT which converts to 4-HO-DMT inside the body)

but lets not forget some mushroom types contain baeocystin and norbaeocystin which could very well alter the trip. I once read something of a man injesting pure norbaeocystin or baeocystin (forget which) and he reported that it was very psychedelic purely by itself.

also i think mushrooms a number of other alkaloids but in very trace amounts but i cant be sure.

what I know for sure is different mushrooms have definetily given me different trips to such an extant that I would guess it is because of the mushrooms mixture rather then set and settings.

All reports on baeocystin that I've ever seen report it to be minimally active to inactive. I doubt norbaeocystin would be any more active. Mushrooms are mushrooms, the only difference is potency.

I don't know about anyone else's thought on this

but looking for something particular in a hallucinogenic drug that you want to somewhat 'control' with the amount of time your 'high' on it is really looking for trouble.

if your doing these drugs you should be doing them expecting anything. especially if you think you know what you're doing, you can get kicked in your ass for having that sense of 'reality'

if your looking for a 2 hour high, I highly suggest looking for something other than a hallucinogen because what your going to get by doing a research chemical you don't know about is something opposite of what you're wanting.

Why do you think that the part you don't like about an 8 hour trip isn't really helping you in the long run...I mean we all have to face something we don't like, and while tripping I can expect that to happen at least 10 times or more

what do you really think you can accomplish in 2 hours on a hallucingenic that you cant accomplish on an opiate, stimulant or otherwise..Id say a big waste of hallucingenic imo:eek:

especially research chemicals, whos to say if it last for 2 hours with one person it's NOT going to last more then 5 with the next ? dosages are so crazy with those things you really gotta be careful and know what your doing.

LSDreamer said:
All reports on baeocystin that I've ever seen report it to be minimally active to inactive. I doubt norbaeocystin would be any more active. Mushrooms are mushrooms, the only difference is potency.

From the shroomery:

"Chemical Analyses: In comparison to other species of Psilocybe, the fruitbodies of Psilocybe azurescens contain unusually high concentrations of psilocybin, psilocin and baeocystin - accumulating to more than 2% of the dry biomass of the mushrooms (Beug & Bigwood, 1982; Gartz, 1989, 1992-1994; Wurst et al., 1984). Thin Layer Chromatography (TLC) reveals a nearly identical profile of extracts from P. semilanceata and Psilocybe azurescens (psilocybin, baeocystin and six minor alkaloids), differing only in psilocin content (Gartz, 1985). Baeocystin is present in high concentrations in Psilocybe azurescens and P. semilanceata. Gartz (1993) has determined that baeocystin is also a hallucinogenic compound."

also theres a chart of known indoles found in psilocybin mushrooms it at the bottom of this link

http://www.magic-mushrooms.info/chemistry.htm

now im no chemist or pharmacologist, but just from different mushrooms ive taken, talking with other experienced shroomers and the above information... its hard for me to believe that different compositions cant alter the trip somewhat.

so far all ive found concerning the article I mentioned earlier is that it was actually person at the shroomery who took the baeocystin and that they found 10mg to be a full etheogenic dose.

now maybe i lead the OP to believe he could easily find powerfull shrooms with a short duration, which in reality it may be quite hard for the OP to find his "perfect mushroom"... all I know is ive had extremely powerful mushrooms that had a 4 hour duration, some mushrooms with much more euphoria than others, or euphoria felt in different places. and that i believe that there are mushrooms out there that can give you noticibly though sometimes subtly different trips

Last edited:
I want to try this DMT + Ketamine combo, but alas, I cannot find any DMT. I take it you guys are talking about N,N DMT... right? If so, that is the one I cannot find at all.

grimble crumble said:
try looking into different strains of shrooms, it does make a difference. ive had shrooms that blasted me outa this world but only for about 4 hours

Would drying, powdering and infusing the toadstools into a high alcohol solution (ie. Vodka) make it absorb into the stomach more readily and diminish the duration? I was considering trying this as my last trip lasted seven or so hours and I was feeling odd for another eight or there abouts after that.

moderateuser said:
Would drying, powdering and infusing the toadstools into a high alcohol solution (ie. Vodka) make it absorb into the stomach more readily and diminish the duration? I was considering trying this as my last trip lasted seven or so hours and I was feeling odd for another eight or there abouts after that.

it would help with bringing the onset on sooner but as far as shortening your trip a very large degree no. Ive read of things like shroom teas shortening a trip a little but I dont think your really gunna find a method that will cut a mushroom trip in half which is almost what your asking for.

I think theres members on this board who have plugged shroom tea, try asing about that???

all in all though, with certain psychedelics the long journey is just part of the experience. going through something then coming out on the other end can be very rewarding. sometimes you just gotta take what life gives you.

Hopefully Samadhi_smile can chip in here, I think he recently ingested baeocystin to nil effect, via IV.

swilow said:
Hopefully Samadhi_smile can chip in here, I think he recently ingested baeocystin to nil effect, via IV.

sorry bump this one up but after reading this i had to get to the bottom of it. searched th BL forums and found a post of samadhi smile injesting 4-HO-NMT with no effect. baeocystin is 4-PO-NMT and seems to be very much active according to a very small amount of information. unless samadhi dosed 4-PO-and didnt post about it??

definetily makes me wonder about the possibilties of what else that little "P" can do with other chemicals

Short-acting psychedelics

What are the short-acting psychedelic drugs you know about?

Salvia and ketamine are in a special class.

There's smoked DMT and 5-Meo-DMT.

I'm wondering if there are new short-acting RCs available.

I'm interested by short-acting psychedelics because it makes it possible to trip even with a busy schedule. Also, if the trip is going wrong/too deep, it's easier to keep its mind together for a few minutes than for a full day.