• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Nootropics The Big & Dandy Nootropics Thread (Stack 2)

Interesting! I've tried looking into Noopept numerous times. Just about anything that comes up is a User Report (UR) and not that I have anything against UR's just I would also like to see actual Hard Facts (research, studies, documents) on it past the brief wikipedia article on it. I've actually heard that it didn't effect one person at all, and I've heard another actually did notice benefits however they were short lived. I do know this much about it: Noopept is supposed to be taken for 3 months then not used for a month. So it is a drug that requires cycling, however I don't know why. Could be to prevent tolerance, build up, or who knows.

Considering Bluelight is a .ru site maybe there are some Users here who can provide some nice linkage to interesting research or documents on Noopept. ;)

I've been looking for information on noopept everywhere, and I still haven't found much. "It works! It's great! Buy it!" are pretty much what I hear. Through anecdotes I gather that noopept helps with working memory, and memory storage. Dexterity and overall cognition are improved, but I've heard it doesn't help much with motivation. I might look into buying a small amount, 10-15 mg seems to be the average dose so i think 10 grams would suffice.

Actually yea I've read a couple testimonials about how Noopept depreciated over all motivation. Yet another reason why I'm slightly hesitant on trying it, however I'm considering doing the same as you and just getting a small amount to sample.

Has anyone tried using Lion's Mane with Piracetam?

^ Lion's Mane is fantastic stuff. I preached about it over in Ecstasy Discussion for a while before I realized nobody really gave a shit (etard much?). Anyway, it really helped me with focus and depression post MDMA use. It promotes branching of your neurons and dendrites among other benefits. As for the piracetam you should upgrade to a better racetam.

I have been reading this thread consistently and there is lots of very useful information, thanks guys.

I was wanting comments regarding my stack if possible? I have been experimenting with nootropics recently and find it very interesting. I have an exam coming up which
requires a lot of work, I work full time and am studying for this on the side. They say you need at least 300 hours study to have a chance of passing however I am trying to bypass that time commitment using carefully scheduled nootropic/study sessions. The content is over 4,000 pages and every little detail can be tested. The exam goes for 6 hours.

My current stack consists of:

Morning
2 sprays desmopressin (1-2 a week for intense study sessions)
1 x multi-vitamin
2 x 1000mg fish oil omega 3 capsules
2g piracetam
0.5g choline bitartrate
1g l-theanine
1g phenibut
5mg noopept

Afternoon
3g creatine
0.5g l-carnitine
50g protein
300mg alpha-lipoic acid

Night
3mg melatonin
1g glutamine
1 x cod liver oil capsule
1 x Chromemate capsule
1 x vitamin C capsule

Recently I read an article in scientific american discussing new treatments for depression, mentioning the recently very popular experiments with ketamine and also mentioned experiments that showed scopolamine to hold some promise in treating depression because of its antichlorogenic effect.

What ever you do, do not use ketamine for an anti depressant effect, I have abused ketamine for many years and seriously think it has given me olneys lesions, talk about brain damage... man I feel like a vegetable literally brain dead and its all thanks to my ignorant attitude to ketamine thus taking it on a regular basis and messing my mind and brain up.

Does anyone know if 800mg of piracetam a day will be enough to kickstart my brain back into gear?

What ever you do, do not use ketamine for an anti depressant effect, I have abused ketamine for many years and seriously think it has given me olneys lesions, talk about brain damage... man I feel like a vegetable literally brain dead and its all thanks to my ignorant attitude to ketamine thus taking it on a regular basis and messing my mind and brain up.

Does anyone know if 800mg of piracetam a day will be enough to kickstart my brain back into gear?

It hasn't been proven Olneys Lesions exist in humans... I doubt you'll suffer from it.
How is your lifestyle? Do you keep your body and mind active with both sport for body and mind daily?
Have you abused other drugs/used other drugs frequently?
Some piracetam will definitely help in your recovery process. It's a wonderful tool without any side effects.
Exercise and piracetam will get your brain back in shape.
Good luck :)

I've been prescribed a wide variety of anti psychotics and the like but I choose not to take them because of their debilitating side affects.

As far as fish oil I like to take that prior to aerobic exercise to increase blood flow and circulation. it is very healthy in terms of heart health to regularly take fish oil. It also contains omega three which will assist you in maintaining a good sense of well being as well assist in cognitive function.

I have found that occasional dietary supplementation with fish oil and a vitamin (pill) called Men's Daily One provides me with enough energy and vigor to get through the day while feeling healthy and maintaining a good circulatory system.

This is great because having a heart that pumps blood well and the veins to move said blood will help you when you need it most. IE heavy hard drug intoxication.

Hmm you are only taking 150mg of Choline Bitartrate? How much Piracetam are you taking, or if you are taking a different Racetam how much are you taking?

I take 620mg of Choline Bitatrate daily with my Piracetam.

Choline B is the most cost effective Choline considering it is fairly cheap and sufficiently replaces your Choline that the Piracetam uses. I've used Alpha-GPC and Choline B several times, I do notice that the Alpha-GPC's effects on Piracetam is stronger, but as it's so expensive I stuck to using Bitartrate as it works efficiently and is pretty cheap.

:) hope you found this helpful!

Thanks for the info. I decided to purchase Alpha GPC and give it a go. Its definitely nootropic by itself, supposily fairly less stimulant than other highly bioavailable sources of choline, but found this not to be the case. After 1 week dosing, started to be very stimulating, and if dosed at afternoon, couldnt sleep. I decided to get back to Choline Bitratate and thinking to invest in Choline CDP.

At that time was only taking Choline for mental energy. I decided to restart a daily regimen of racetams and ordered some Aniceratam. I tried for 7 days Aniceratam on different dosages but didnt really enjoyed it. I get more distracted and emotionally flat.
Today decided to mix it with Piracetam 500mg, and 400mg Aniracetam. Im quiet satisfied with results so far, there's a really good synergy and has a big mood boost %) I also can vouch for theanine with racetams, really mixes well.

^ Lion's Mane is fantastic stuff. I preached about it over in Ecstasy Discussion for a while before I realized nobody really gave a shit (etard much?). Anyway, it really helped me with focus and depression post MDMA use. It promotes branching of your neurons and dendrites among other benefits. As for the piracetam you should upgrade to a better racetam.

I was reading about it today in Longecity, and seemed a really good supp, and cheap! Im definitely going to order it in future. :)

_____

Its never enough to remind that multivitamins are really important for any goal with nootropics. Im taking nootropics to gain back mental power and reduce my anxiety caused by substance abuse . It didnt help particulary with mental power, but definitely my anxiety dropped just in 3 days after starting taking a pretty basic multivitamin.

Last edited:
^ Actually dude multivitamins are more along the lines of poison. Very few people who eat a good, balanced diet have any need to take a multivit. Not to mention they use really cheap forms of the vitamins that your body often can't even utilize.

Also if you're taking Alpha GPC it's not a good idea to take it every day. It raises your acetylcholine for something like 33 hours+. I take it once every 2-3 days.

As for me aniracetam has been my lifeblood lately. Love that stuff. Feels good, man.

I have been reading this thread consistently and there is lots of very useful information, thanks guys.

I was wanting comments regarding my stack if possible? I have been experimenting with nootropics recently and find it very interesting. I have an exam coming up which
requires a lot of work, I work full time and am studying for this on the side. They say you need at least 300 hours study to have a chance of passing however I am trying to bypass that time commitment using carefully scheduled nootropic/study sessions. The content is over 4,000 pages and every little detail can be tested. The exam goes for 6 hours.

My current stack consists of:

Morning
2 sprays desmopressin (1-2 a week for intense study sessions)
1 x multi-vitamin
2 x 1000mg fish oil omega 3 capsules
2g piracetam
0.5g choline bitartrate
1g l-theanine
1g phenibut
5mg noopept

Afternoon
3g creatine
0.5g l-carnitine
50g protein
300mg alpha-lipoic acid

Night
3mg melatonin
1g glutamine
1 x cod liver oil capsule
1 x Chromemate capsule
1 x vitamin C capsule

Be wary of taking phenibut daily. I hear the WD's are equal to or worse than that from real benzos.

hmm with all these stacks, i'm trying to see how I'll be able to fit these in a size 0 pill (standard industry size ~400mg)

I don't want to take a horse pill :x

^ Actually dude multivitamins are more along the lines of poison. Very few people who eat a good, balanced diet have any need to take a multivit. Not to mention they use really cheap forms of the vitamins that your body often can't even utilize.

Also if you're taking Alpha GPC it's not a good idea to take it every day. It raises your acetylcholine for something like 33 hours+. I take it once every 2-3 days.

As for me aniracetam has been my lifeblood lately. Love that stuff. Feels good, man.

Be wary of taking phenibut daily. I hear the WD's are equal to or worse than that from real benzos.

I only take it 5 times a week but thanks for the tip. Don't take anything on the weekends to give my body a break except for the multi-vitamin and fish oil. I haven't found any negative side effects from it so far.

It's unfortunate because phenibut especially combined with a strong latte creates rushing euphoria. The first time I did it it was actually quite intense, in a good way.

Vitamin toxicity happens slowly. They slowly accumulate in your body over time..just be careful mang

This is a generalization. While it's true there are plenty of people who take multis when they don't need them, not all companies are making shitty formulas and using forms with low bioavialability. If you're interested, I can point you in the direction of a reputable supplement company making some of the best forms of multivitamins/multiminerals I've seen.

But still, it's like having a headache so you just smash your skull with a sledgehammer. Well, the headache would be gone.

Such a broad amount of vitamins in such large amounts just aren't necessary. If you are going to take them, at least limit it to something like once a week.

Again, not all supplement companies have products with huge doses and/or combinations (yes they are out there, and yes they are the majority of supplements, but not all.)

If you are going to take them, at least limit it to something like once a week.
This depends on the individual and why they're taking supplement x or y. A generalization like this is no better than the other one :\

The best generalization is completely avoid useless trash like multivitamins and eat good food damnit. When is a multivitamin necessary, ever? I just don't see it.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/198614-is-taking-vitamins-necessary/

calling all lactating and/or post-menopausal bluelighters..

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=george&dbid=153

oh weird this site that is trying to sell vitamins recommends you take a multivitamin!!

http://www.energeticnutrition.com/articles/daily-multi-vitamin.html

Last edited:
When is it necessary? Well, I suppose if one were in a position where it was absolutely necessary(as in that person has serious, life-threatening nutrient deficiency issues), then yes I agree that person needs to radically alter their diet and not look toward supplements. However, I do not know anyone in this possition who uses supplements, and I personally am not in this position either. I do however know of many people who use supplements to get the optimum levels of certain nutrients, not just the necessary levels needed to live and stave off deficiency diseases.

If you don't want to use supplements that's your perogative, but there's no reason to say supplements or multivitamins in general are "useless trash".

I just don't see it.
Just because you don't see something dosen't make it any less real. I can't see an atom yet I am fairly confidant they exist. :)

Last edited:
Hey man, we're strictly talking about multivitamins here. I take aniracetam, fish oil, and about 15 other supplements every day. So I do think there is plenty reason to call multivits useless trash, especially considering the typical young male demographic we have here at BL.

^Fish oil has the potential to contain heavy metals, and aniracetam hasn't even been in existence long enough to study it's long-term effects in man (especially if you are using it every day), but I'm not going to call them "useless trash". Just because you don't personally need to take vitamin supplements, doesn't mean they are "useless trash". Sounds like another "my drug is better than your drug" statement. And I don't think you have any good evidence to back up your assertion either, so it's just a subjective opinion at this point.

Of course the most important thing should be adjusting your diet, and supplementation should come last. But there are numerous reasons why some people don't get all the nutrients they need in their diet, and supplementing in one form or the other may be the only way to achieve it. For example, people in high latitudes who don't get exposed to enough sunlight for vitamin D, various illnesses or food intolerances.

Obviously this is not going to suit everbody. Fine. If it doesn't, then don't use them. If you are not satisfied with the quality of the ingredients or their formulation, then you are under no obligation to buy and consume them either.

^ Well mate, luckily I take a fish oil that is purified and tested for heavy metals (including mercury), PCBs and other environmental impurities. But yes, you are right that I do take a risk in taking aniracetam without long-term studies in humans. It is however a calculated risk.

When did I bring up anything about 'my drug is better than your drug'? We're talking about a freakin multivitamin....hardly a drug. I've got plenty of evidence if you'd like me to list personal stories, stories of a friend with problems from vitamin D toxicity, or perhaps just thousands of google search results.

You bring up people in high altitudes being vitamin D deficient...this person would be very wise to supplement with Vitamin D. However....what the fuck would be the point of taking a multivitamin? There is none.

You need to be a chemo patient or basically a zombie to be deficient in enough different things to warrant taking a multivitamin.

Bringing people physical health is my life passion and my Dharma. I have numerous clients who I help maintain optimum health through proper eating and supplementation (if the things I recommend/take could even be called supplements....they are raw foods powders. Like Vitamineral Green/Vitamineral Earth. These are technically food) so I just wanted to put the information out there that you are MOST LIKELY doing a lot more harm than good by taking a multivitamin.

Now, if you still want to poison yourself, that is absolutely up to you.