• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Natural Psychotropics and Ethnobotanics Thread

A quick googling yielded no information about the active chemicals (i am guessing it's not known), and lots of people shoveling it down their throats and debating whether it did anything notable.

Lol, I love the way you phrased that!

So does anyone have any experience with some interesting ethnobotanicals?

I tried kratom for the first time yesterday. 5 grams of super indo kratom followed by 3 grams and 2 grams a few hours later. Total 10 grams and it was very enjoyable! My girlfriend did 6 grams and felt great, so I think kratom might be more weight sensitive as she is much smaller than me.

I'm wondering if the pedicularis varieties are worth checking out.
I'm also interested in a pedicularis extract. I can get a 20X pedicularis extract with Indian Warrior, Parrots Beak and Elephants Head varieties. Anyone tried pedicularis products?

What about mulungu? Anyone tried it and thought it was worth it?

Ashwaganda?

Any suggestions?

(This is post 420 for me! ;))

Andean Ethnobotanical Expedition 2010

Please join the Botanical Preservation Corps on the Andean Field Course in Spring 2010!

http://www.bpcfieldcourses.com/

http://www.botanicalpreservationcorps.com/events.htm
The next ethnoecology field course is scheduled for April 22 to May 1, 2010. We still have a few spaces available! For the trip schedule , registration, and photos from previous expeditions see - www.bpcfieldcourses.com

Come join us! For 10 days in Spring of 2010 a small group of us will walk the land and explore the plants, customs, and archaeology of the Andean realm of the Urubamba Valley in south central Peru, a region of rugged mountains, pastoral landscapes, and mysterious ruins.

Immerse yourself in a vibrant ecological tapestry woven by the reciprocal relations of distinct flora and fauna, stunning geography, and traditional cultures whose roots reach far into the past drawing essential nutrients from their ancient traditions.

Take advantage of this unique opportunity to learn the basics of the dynamic science of ethnobotany, conservation based plant and seed collecting, traditional agriculture, indigenous Andean spirituality and cross cultural shamanism. Examine some of the most alluring archaeological sites in the world, and consider how the triumphs and faults of past cultures reflect our modern dilemma of how to live on this wondrous planet we all call home.

The Importance of Ethnobotany: In recent centuries, industrialized cultures have relentlessly exploited and assimilated the indigenous cultures of the world. This has led to an unfathomable loss of our collective human heritage. In the last century the dynamic science of ethnobotany has emerged as a powerful force for the preservation and revitalization of indigenous cultures through the study of their essential relationship with the plant kingdom. Ethnobotany also holds tremendous importance for the future of industrialized cultures, not only in the “new” medicines it continues to “discover” but in recovering the aboriginal paradigm of deep interrelationship with the natural world that is integral for the preservation of the earth’s biosystems and the survival of the human race.

We are dedicated to the preservation and evolution of human relations with the natural world. We aim to educate and empower individuals with the basics of hands-on ethnobotany, sustainable development, cross cultural shamanism and the knowledge of the underlying intimacy of humanity’s botanical heritage. We believe such knowledge has tremendous potential to catalyze environmental conservation, social change and integrate the schisms of the modern psyche.

Ben Kamm, Neil Logan, and Matt Magee lead adventurous and educational excursions to the diverse ecosystems of the central and southern Andes of Peru and northern Bolivia. With a multidisciplinary focus on ethnobotany, ecological conservation, traditional agriculture, and indigenous Andean spirituality, these trips offer a unique and transformative immersion in the Andean world.

Our next journey is scheduled for late April 2010. A limited number of spaces are still available for you to join us.

We invite you to view our gallery of images from previous expeditions

It is not my company, nor my trip, but I may go.

It's going to be around $2500.

blue lotus and kratom prep helpful hints

My feline friend acquired some regular dried leaf Kratom, some blue lotus x20 and kratom X15. In the interest of science how would one go about preparing these substance to maximize their utility? I have read about boiling repeatedly, soaking in spirits, chewing it, smoking it and more.

My questions are; 3 grams of blue lotus x 20 should steep in a 6 oz of gin for how long before consumption?

I also wonder has anyone had success with just swallowing the kratom powder whole? Or does it need to be boiled successively to extract the active goodies?

thanks for the help?

Kratom leaves - some people toss and wash, however I prefer to boil as this kills any germs such as birdshit or south east Asian floor scrapings ;) Kratom handles heat very well, even quarantine heat treatments.

Start with 10 grams (I like 12-13 but have tolerance.) Boil in 1L water in a saucepan for 10-15 mins, strain and serve. This process is repeated 3-4 times, each time providing a weaker brew. I also add a table spoon of yerba mate to the brew and some honey for taste.

Re: Kratom 15X - Its not really 15X, more like 5X. Just stir 3 grams in juice and skull back.

You can preload with 500ml Grapefruit juice 15 mins before the Kratom to increase its effect. If so half the dosage of Kratom.

Smoking Kratom is a waste, but does provide some mild effect.

Some people will experience nausea during drinking or within first hour. Lie down, smoke weed, it will pass. I often spew if not smoking weed before consumption, but its a gentle spew and I feel great once I let it out. Ginger may also help with this issue. Kratom should always be consumed on an empty stomach. Drink it slowly, skulling back will make you sick.

Keep in mind Kratom is psychically addictive. I became strongly addicted using upto 30 gram a day for a couple of years before going through a nasty withdrawal.

Re: Blue Lotus 20X - Blue Lotus is very subtle in effect. I just place some on top of a cone of weed and smoke. Goes nice with the Kratom. You can also drop the 3g in a bottle of red wine for 1 week, shaking daily. Serves 2.

I notice a lot of people are saying they take silene capensis in the morning for some reason. Don't bother!!!! This drug seems to be selective, as it affects some people and not others. I am one of the people who does get heavily affected by this herb, and I can tell you it has a very distinct effect, and a very distinct time that it lasts. It will wear off after 6 hours, so taking it in the morning will be useless. I can't even take it and get to sleep bc my mind is too active. It's just a little bit weaker than a quid of salvia leaves. Take silene capensis sublingually.

Hey Guys. I am 26 and have AD/HD, the attention deficient kind. I am naturally very laid back, so I usually look for natural drugs to help perk me up and keep me focused.

Kratom - Currently my favorite. I love this stuff, when I can afford it. Its a nix mix of stimulation and euphoria to make me want to work. I try to space out how much I buy, and since I dont have a lot of money, that helps fight the addiction.

Ephedra - This is good, but mild. Its a nice pick me up.

I just ordered some Kanna the other day, I'm really looking forward to trying it out. I am anxiously awaiting its arrival.

Whoever recommended 10 grams of kratom to start... that's too much to start. My wife likes 2 grams. PepperSocks, one of the PD mods, likes 1.5. You really need to start low because you don't want too much kratom. You may end up needing 10, but IMO that's if you have weak kratom. Personally when I use it I like more like 7 or 8, and I used to use it multiple times every day.

If I grow khat in my garden im afraid my dog or child my seat it would they be made ill

Last edited:
Obscure Botanical "Psychedelics"

Here is one report of someone who drank a brew of Ajo Sacha, or the false garlic vine of the Amazon, which is used medicinally by curanderos:

http://www.bluecanvas.com/blog-post/2917

And I have yet to write a report of my experience on Chuchuhuasi, another medicinal plant (tree), an "aphrodisiac" among other things, from the Amazon. I got a tincture of it, and one full dropperful put me in an altered state that was conducive to subtle visions. I wonder what something like 8 dropperfuls would be like, but I am hesitant because it's basically a shaman's tool that I'm fucking around with with no experience, and I don't know anyone else who has done it.

Just posting this up so that people are aware of this. The Amazon rainforest is a treasure trove of medicinal(ly) psychoactive plants that we are just beginning to discover.

too bad these are this obscure... i imagine many would rather taste natural novel chemicals than alphabet permutations on the same structures...
nice read on the ajo :) cheers

^History seems to be headed in rather the opposite direction. Once it was the poppy, the vine and hashish. Now it's MDMA and ketamine.