View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy N,N-DMT Extraction Thread - Elves are watching

Status
Not open for further replies.
you use vinegar because your going to use xylene and not naptha, because it pulls about twice the yeild. jungle spice has been proven to be mostly DMT with only trace impurities, so your actually getting more spice when you use xylene that you cant get with naptha.

now back to what i was saying about vinegar... with xylene you cant crystalize dmt, it comes out as a goo that you need to scrape around until it goes solid (which is pretty cool cause you can scrape it around until it gets to a nice shape and is pretty solid already but before its flaky, so you can put it all into a big rock and it hardens into a real nice wax), but if you do an acid SOAK (note not an acid extraction) with boiling vinegar for about an hour (pour vinegar over bark, dont re-heat after initial boil) before you add lye you will get crystals of this "jungle spice".

this is nice and very cool, but if your looking for pure white spice its still good to extract with xylene first so you get twice the yeild then pull the goo or crystals with naptha and leave behind impurities. you still wind up extracting that ~2% yeild of dmt this way.

xylene is also the reason you will use glass jars and not the convenient hdpe container. its your yeild not mine ;)

also if you go xylene --> naptha you wont need to freeze precipitate, you can just let it dry and you will get ALL your spice instead of wasting spice and time with a re-xtalization. (oh and it will be nice white crystals) :D cheers

Last edited:
^ But xylene is more difficult to obtain and could raise suspicions, moreso than buying a single VM+P naphtha quart at a hardware store I would think.

Is anyone familiar with Noman's Tek? After taking pulls of NP from the lye / bark solution, you cannot "lose" any DMT by heat evaporating any or all of the NP, can you? Is a freeze precipitation worth it?

Yea, my yield right now is looking whack.

^If you're happy to buy MHRB over the internet, why would you not be comfortable obtaining xylene the same way?

Evaporation will give a better yield, but anything else in the solution will end up in your finished product, and you can't re-use the solvent (obviously).

It seems worth pointing out that if you do the acid wash you'll need to use more lye to neutralise the acid.

only a bit more lye, vinegar is weak as hell.

& what else is in your solution? naptha evaporates dry.

Hey guys, I was going to make a Ayahuasca brew. The recipe I was going to use consist of a Banisteriopsis caapi vine, and some Psychotria viridis leaves.

I'm going to read through this thread, but does this sound like a good recipe of things to combine? Or could I possibly just use the vine? Anything I should know?

Thanks.

Edit: Does anyone make a brew anymore? lol

Last edited:
^If you're happy to buy MHRB over the internet, why would you not be comfortable obtaining xylene the same way?

Evaporation will give a better yield, but anything else in the solution will end up in your finished product, and you can't re-use the solvent (obviously).

It seems worth pointing out that if you do the acid wash you'll need to use more lye to neutralise the acid.

I read somewhere the ammonia wash is unnecessary. I'm less concerned about a clear-white product than sheer quantity, yellow or white.

& what else is in your solution? naptha evaporates dry.

I hope some DMT, starting to get worried.

oils or whatever that may be more soluble in the solvent than DMT

I noticed on my 4th pull today, it appeared more yellow than the others. I evaporated all four jars of NP down to 30-50% their original volume and have stuck it back in the freezer overnight. If I don't get better results, I'm evaporating all of the NP and screwing the freezer precipitation.

^The ammonia wash is unnecessary. I was talking about soaking in vinegar like IGNVS suggested.

I know, seemed worth mentioning nonetheless.

I am completely lost now. The good news is my yield came back today. I got some nice pure white from the freezer, and some yellow from the evap. 1.5g and counting from 225g starting MHRB.

It smells like flowers its great. I've used it once too! Had to be thorough!

Its such a rewarding feeling seeing a freezer full of snow globes! Not a bad yield, hope you have a blast in the upcoming future. :D

pure naptha evaporates dry, naptha with dmt in it after acid soaked xylene extracted D evaporates and turns into white crystals

i was asking what else besides white crystals?

white crystaline oils and other mystery stuff that also peaks as the same molecular weight as dmt on mass spectrometer tests?

;) didnt think so.

oh and wash your naptha with baking soda and distilled water before you evap, makes it real nice and gives it good ju-ju

there is a science to evaporation however. it is prefered to be hot and windy in the day and then cool slowly at night to preferably just above freezing (low humidity as to not condense h2o in air)... makes it real nice by next morning

Last edited:
Plant oils definitely do come out often with pulls, is what makes the solvent yellow when you let it sit too long. Freezing the product generally will give you a more crystalline and less oily product than evaporating the solvent all away.

but really all that stuff i said was unnesesary, when you could have crystalized jungle spice that scrapes up to a nice light cream colored powder that spontaneously crystalizes scrapped up jungle goo in a matter of seconds and turns it into the same thing that cakes off a dish in nice big crystal wax clumps of superspice. puts white spice to shame

I evap my naptha to get the orange earwax goodness nowadays rather then doing freeze precipitation because I prefer the earwax to the crystals.

too each their own though, variety is the spice of life :D<3

^ I just have worries about impurities in the naphtha being concentrated into the spice by evaporation. Unless you have access to lab-grade naphtha, or you distill your naphtha, I'd skip the evap. I wouldn't trust paint and varnish thinners, or lighter fluids, to be pure enough such that I could safely ingest the remainder of an evaporation of said solvent.

The vast majority of vinegar is around 5%, if you wanted stronger you could find pickling vinegar or just boil some of the water off normal stuff.

Unfortunately this won't work. Boiling a solution of acetic acid and water will actually dilute the acid rather than concentrate it.

^Freeze distillation then? And would you mind explaining the theory to me (in PM if you wish) please?

^ I just have worries about impurities in the naphtha being concentrated into the spice by evaporation. Unless you have access to lab-grade naphtha, or you distill your naphtha, I'd skip the evap. I wouldn't trust paint and varnish thinners, or lighter fluids, to be pure enough such that I could safely ingest the remainder of an evaporation of said solvent..

Agreed, one of the reasons why I always freeze precipitate.

Lighter fluid is (obviously) not intended for human consumption, so god knows what ridiculous impurities are added by the chemical engineers that produce that stuff-- benzene, anthracene, [insert carcinogenic aromatic hydrocarbon here]. Ideally, it would be 100% light aliphatic solvent, but there's no way to know. It could have some nasties in it that are not as volatile as the actual naphtha, which wouldn't be driven off by evaporation. I like to limit the amount of that stuff dealt with, as much as possible!

^ MMM a good point.

Has anyone else found that Mexican mimosa pulls better (purer, and more DMT) on the 3rd pull??

I had an extraction - twice this happened actually - where the 1st and second pulls yielded fuck all DMT and the stuff it did yield was so heavily coated in oil, and fats, it really showed me just how much more I liked smoking the oily fatty DMT - much tastier, racier, hairier high (I'm guessing that's the 5-MeO-DMT in it?) - but so tricky to work with when you're a bit of a noob.

The brazilian stuff I had was SO easy to extract clean crystals from in the 3rd extraction I ever did - the yield was a LOT better in general too.

ANyone else used both?? And what are your experiences??

I think I'll be sticking to Brazilian in the future - as I can then have 3 different grades of DMT, very easily - pure(it really does smell like jasmine!!), yellowy(easier to work with for beginners), and jungle (fucking LUSH) spice.

MMMMM wow...I do love this extract.

Last edited:
Lighter fluid is (obviously) not intended for human consumption, so god knows what ridiculous impurities are added by the chemical engineers that produce that stuff-- benzene, anthracene, [insert carcinogenic aromatic hydrocarbon here]. Ideally, it would be 100% light aliphatic solvent, but there's no way to know. It could have some nasties in it that are not as volatile as the actual naphtha, which wouldn't be driven off by evaporation. I like to limit the amount of that stuff dealt with, as much as possible!

check this out re: the contents of naptha

http://www.bdal.com/uploads/media/CA-270368-eBook.pdf

Best method for DMT extraction

Can someone link me to a tried and true method for DMT extraction. I have seen various methods and was wondering what is the best.
Also should I use mimosa bark or mimosa hostils root bark powder.
Thanks
Im new to this so please bear with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.