• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy MPT Thread

I don't have any immediate plans but I certainly intend to keep exploring it further. After reading of your success with eating it I think I will eat it next, perhaps at 50mg.

Thanks a lot for the compliments Cosmic Charlie, and it makes me very happy that you can empathize so well with my writing. :) I hope you end up loving the MPT just as much as I do and very much look forward to hearing what you'll have to say about it! That specific part you quoted is honestly probably the best pattern-type visual I've had to date. ☺

I saw you said earlier that 4-HO-MPT is your favorite 4-substituted tryptamine.... I couldn't agree more. ❤ Right now, I think I would have to say that MPT and 4-HO-MPT are at least my two favorite research chemical psychedelics, if not just psychedelics period, but I hesitate to say that until I've had the chance to use them as much as I've used the classics I loved so much. Still, it's pretty clear where my loyalties lie even after just a handful of experiences on either so far. I find them fairly similar to one another too, MPT and 4-HO-MPT, probably more so than DMT and psilocin are to one another, though still with some of the same differences seen between those and most other equivalent pairs, like more prominent hallucinations for the former and more prominent dissociative and psychological effects for the latter. I think I'm going to have to return to that one pretty soon too after thinking about all this. :)

Shadowmeister, I'll certainly look forward to hearing what you have to say about then when you do that! You've used MiPT orally, right, and of course DiPT? Have you tried any other this way yet, including DMT?

MPT does have some nice closed eye visuals. That's one of the notable things I've noticed about it. I usually don't have a lot of CEVs on most psychedelics, but on MPT I mainly see a lot of cool visuals with my eyes closed but not a lot of OEVs.

Yeah, I would agree that closed eye is where it really shines with this one; I had fantastic open eye visuals on that strongest trip but that's mainly because I was hallucinating so hard it largely didn't matter if my eyes were open or closed, and it was still much more visionary than it was traditionally sensory. That being said, I do still get really nice open eye geometric-type visuals from it, but they're more so nice because of their DMT-like complexity rather than because they're particularly prominent or attention-grabbing on their own, and the closed eye ones still tend to be better and more developed. I feel the same way about DMT and most base tryptamines, for the record.

That's actually another difference from 4-HO-MPT: I find their open eye visuals similar but 4-HO-MPT's are a bit less developed but also significantly more prominent and dominant than MPT's, with less, but still not no focus on the closed eye visuals. Again, similarly to how psilocin compares to DMT for me, so I'm not too surprised.

Yeah in my significant trip with this, I had some perspective changes on some LED light effects I was looking at (the pattern looked like it was inside the wall instead of glowing on the surface of the wall) but with eyes closed I went on a narrative inward journey that was mediated by the images.

Wow, that does sound really special! I wonder if maybe you have atypical enzyme levels allowing these base tryptamines to be so much more effective than they are for some other people? If so, maybe a RIMA might be the way forward to unlocking the magic for people that get lighter effects?

I don't hesitate to say it was one of my best trips ever. :) But just one of many to come on it, I hope!

This is a very unscientific statement, but I honestly would not be at all surprised if I turned out to have a relatively lower MOA-A level. Psychedelic drugs that I have so far seemed to be somewhat unusually sensitive to include the base tryptamines, 5-substituted tryptamines as well to at least some extent, simple phenethylamines, and MDMA somewhat, whereas 4-substituted tryptamines, lysergamides, and maybe also amphetamines I generally seem to need pretty normal or higher than normal dosages of, which all seems relatively consistent with what I know about how combining with MAOIs seems to mostly impact these drugs or with what I know about their observed metabolism and how slight structural changes can alter it. As always there could be a totally different explanation too but it seems at least feasible.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend that others go out and start mixing novel drugs with enzyme inhibitors based on this observation and theory alone, but given that people already have and likely will continue to do take MAOIs with synthetic base tryptamines anyway, I will certainly look forward to see if them doing so does actually start to bridge the gap in this way. I will note though that the fact the base tryptamines are orally active at all does at least suggest to me they are attacked less by MAO-A than DMT is already, and I actually keep finding that they tend to last a really long time when taken orally to add on to that too, generally longer than the corresponding 4-substituted tryptamine, which kind of surprised me.

Safe travels as always, everyone. ❤

I have now taken MPT orally four times. Bear in mind that while it seems like I may have somewhat below average sensitivity to 4-substituted tryptamines, it also seems like I may actually have above average sensitivity to base tryptamines.

The first time was at 50 mg. This proved to be a dosage that was low but pleasurable, and alike DMT and most of its direct analogues, despite the fact that it was a low dosage, certain aspects of still felt kind of more like higher dosages of other psychedelics. Overall, it reminded me a lot of a modest dosage of 2C-C, not quite as visual, euphoric, or stoning as you would want that to be for a complete experience but thematically similar in most ways, but also threatening to push deeper than that does. The most memorable thing about the experience was a few hours in after smoking some strong cannabis, closing my eyes and seeing an assortment of transparent, glowing corridors inhabited by a large number of shadow people moving around them from a somewhat bird's eye perspective, but I was in a social setting by that time and chose not to allow the effect to develop further. I recall that the experience lasted at least four or five hours in total and perhaps faded a little bit beyond that but it's been a little too long to remember exactly now.

The second time was at 75 mg. This dose was significantly stronger than the 50 mg one, but still not at the level of what one might go into something so similar to DMT expecting, but that being said, it had significant similarities to my 50 mg oral experience on MiPT. It was not as euphoric or stimulating as that, or as brightly colored and opaque in its visuals, but its geometric visuals were significantly more complex and its visionary effects were significantly more three-dimensional, but still largely feeling constrained to the mind's eye, and it had a deeper feeling to it overall than the MiPT did. Some feelings of relation to 2C-C also continued, but the increased intensity overall was pushing it beyond that. I enjoyed the experience but still felt it needed to be pushed further, but could very well be rewarding when it was. I don't believe this experience lasted all that much longer than the first one, but at least a little bit so probably.

The third time was at 100 mg. At almost exactly thirty minutes after dosing, I suddenly experienced a very strong mind's eye geometric visual of a complex spiraling tunnel of transforming shapes, and immediately the shapes became covered with an assortment of realistically detailed imagery such as somewhat mysteriously shiny silver bird feathers or twisting vines with leaves growing off of them, an effect similar to the initial visuals I experienced with my one smoked experience with 40 mg, so I knew I was finally getting somewhere. Around forty-five minutes to an hour in, sitting down to meditate and closing my eyes immediately revealed an internal forest I now sat at the base of watching birds fly around in beautiful geometric arrangements in the sky. A shift in perspective found me floating above the forest, watching dragons dive through the canopy and around mysterious temples littering the surrounding environment as I rose up through the sky, beyond the clouds, and into the sun. Opening my eyes reveals the universe rendered in the room around me, stars like gnats and planets the size of globes surrounded by all sorts of complex organic geometries. I find myself staring down upon an island covered by lush jungles on an alien world, alien plants surrounded by alien creatures of totally unfamiliar yet natural beauty, unfolding naturally as it does. Then I find myself watching psychedelic cobblestone covered in these alien plants spontaneously form in front of me and form their own spirals beckoning me into a void at the end of my perception. I find myself floating in this void, a baby, with loving protectors staring down at me from an unseen space, safe, simply being and not being. I am back at the apartment, filled with lust, and head to the bedroom and quickly drift off again. There is an orgy going in my head that produces tessellated geometric explosions with every orgasm. Every last ounce of sexual energy is drained until suddenly it flips and we have all become dolls in a child's dollhouse, and realize that we never have actually been anything different. Finally comforted, the child puts us back into her mind. I get up to take a shower and as I am in there, I feel her excitement explode out of me to the point that it rivals the earlier orgasms in intensity. After this the trip begins to subside, but slowly. It remains powerful but only in post-peak ways and takes around seven or eight hours to start really vanishing and was still at least lingering by nine or ten. I felt nearly manic for at least a week afterwards, similarly to my first experience with oral MiPT.

The fourth time was also at 100 mg. Unlike the first three experiences, this time I purged around forty-five minutes, and I am suspicious that this may have lost me at least a tiny bit of the dosage. The effects were more muted compared to the previous trip than I would expect even from the loss of some novelty compared to the first time at this dosage, but they were ultimately powerful and satisfying nonetheless. Open eye visuals were weak most of the experience or at least I never payed attention enough to give them the time to develop, but some beautiful closed eye visuals and visions occurred that were less complex than the previous trip but similar to higher dosages of mushrooms I've taken before, but larger, more realistic, and more hedonistic. I decided to take a hot bath and meditate on these closed eye visuals while smoking cannabis and repeating a mantra of letting go of being myself, and suddenly experienced the hallucinations intensifying to a crushingly intense point and then popped out into complete ego death, simply becoming the hallucination I was experiencing, and that hallucination was of myself staring in the mirror and feeling complete and utter contentedness with who I am, and "I" in that moment became that feeling, which was (in retrospect) absolute bliss, and then I returned to reality in my bath in a fit of hysterical laughter. The experience trailed intensely for many more hours but never again became as significant as that, or if it could have, I didn't care because I was too distracted by what had already happened. I believe it lasted at least nearly as long as the previous 100 mg experience though again at lower intensity.

That is all.

How long was the duration for the oral 100 mg and did you still feel functional enough to walk around,etc?

I plugged 40mg of the fumarate last night. Took it in a few doses over an hour. It didn't dissolve very well and even though the MPT came as an off-white powder, there were these brownish particles that almost looked like sand floating in the solution. Slight discomfort upon plugging but nowhere near as bad as 2C-B, for example.

It took 20-30 minutes to reach the peak. It was somewhat malleable in that if I sat down and focused on something or closed my eyes, it was quite psychedelic, but if I stood up and walked around I didn't feel very intoxicated. At one point I walked outside and I was questioning whether I was even on anything. However when I sat down and examined anything its shape and sense of scale would be quite distorted and textures became much more apparent. I also noticed an effect where the center of my vision became much more prominent. There was a sort of visual swirling effect that started to drag other senses in along with it—this was quite novel compared to the other effects, but in a strangely familiar way. This effect was only briefly present and didn't develop further but I think at a higher dose it would be quite encompassing.

When I really focused on the MPT it was more psychedelic than say 100mcg of ALD-52 or 8mg of 5-MeO-MiPT (using those as a frame of reference since I explored those dosages recently), but the MPT experience also seemed easier to snap out of. With the 5-MeO-MiPT in particular, I felt like I was part of the experience, whereas with the MPT I felt like I was just observing the experience. At one point on the MPT it actually dawned on me that the headspace felt quite dissociated, but without the obliteration of emotions that comes with an NMDA receptor antagonist dissociation.

About 2 hours after the last dose I noticed that the experience seemed to calming down. I stopped keeping track of time after that but I think about an hour later I felt fairly normal. So perhaps the plugged duration is about 3-4 hours. That's almost a perfect duration for me so it's somewhat disappointing that it doesn't dissolve very well. I think if the oral duration is fairly similar I would just eat in the future.

Theta:

Thanks much for the report, ecstasylover, I'm glad to hear it went well. :)

Your experience sounds pretty relatable to the ones we've had so far, especially on the lower end of the dosage range. The time course you described sounds relatively similar to both smoking it for us but a little slower and as you know we find these things to change less than expected between smoking and oral and that extends to MPT, so I'd say you've got a shot at least. I'd say on a higher dosage there's a chance you may feel it trailing for longer, but this is also true for us both orally and smoked, and the heavier effects still mainly seem to last the first few hours.

The way you describe the versatility of it is something we tend to find more common in base tryptamines in general compared to 5-methoxytryptamines and 4-substituted tryptamines, and is also part of what makes me sometimes compare them to phenethylamines within the tryptamine world (a fun fact I also like, early scientific papers on DET described it as producing a syndrome more similar to mescaline than LSD). I would also agree that it is relatable to dissociatives - and have called phenethylamines particularly relatable to dissociatives in the same way too, for the record, but I think MPT is on the stronger end of that spectrum more alike amphetamine psychedelics than the average simpler phenethylamine we've taken - and think it's interesting that you contrast it to NMDA receptor antagonism-induced dissociation as well; I like thinking about the fact that dissociation seems to be caused by glutamate yet that means that NMDA receptor antagonists should actually produce effects directly opposite to at least a portion of the standard dissociation-associated syndrome, that produced by glutamate acting as an agonist at NMDA receptors, so theoretically, what this specific effect we call "dissociation" in this context actually is might be better exemplified by drugs like psychedelics than by the drugs we actually primarily call dissociatives, and this might be becoming especially obvious now as we find more and more of the drugs like psychedelics that are potent enough in this way, via high enough 5-HT2A receptor efficacy or synergy with 5-HT1A receptor mediated disinhibition or whatever reason(s) it happens to actually be, perhaps like MPT for example, allowing them to produce effects that are closer subjectively to those we normally associate with the levels produced by NMDA receptor antagonists, yet with distinct differences due to them not simultaneously antagonizing NMDA receptors. Once again, just putting it out there as food for thought; it seems fairly a consistent with a lot of what we know about various tryptamines and psychedelics in general and our personal experiences with them.

Looking forward to the next one, and thanks again for sharing. :)

How long was the duration for the oral 100 mg and did you still feel functional enough to walk around,etc?

Hey, sorry we never got back to you about this, I just saw it now when checking ecstasylover's post.

We definitely felt altered until at least nine or ten hours after dosing, but much more subtly in decreasing waves of intensity in the later hours to where it was mostly a lingering high with the occasional burst of trippy mental imagery or something like that, but the peak was at least I want to say an hour and a half or two hours and some stronger effects did remain for at least a couple hours after that. I wish I could give you more accurate answers than that, but we didn't attempt to track it at the time and it was a good while ago now.... We might have to do that one again soon and actually make a report of it this time.

The trip at that level was engaging enough that I wouldn't want to have to do anything but trip, but we didn't really feel severely inhibited in any way that I can recall. We calmly wandered around the apartment for a lot of the experience just marveling at the hallucinations and thinking about life. I do recall there being some of a DMT-like bodily heaviness, which is pretty standard for us with base tryptamines, but it wasn't completely immobilizing for us even at that level.

I plugged 40mg of the fumarate last night. Took it in a few doses over an hour. It didn't dissolve very well and even though the MPT came as an off-white powder, there were these brownish particles that almost looked like sand floating in the solution. Slight discomfort upon plugging but nowhere near as bad as 2C-B, for example.

It took 20-30 minutes to reach the peak. It was somewhat malleable in that if I sat down and focused on something or closed my eyes, it was quite psychedelic, but if I stood up and walked around I didn't feel very intoxicated. At one point I walked outside and I was questioning whether I was even on anything. However when I sat down and examined anything its shape and sense of scale would be quite distorted and textures became much more apparent. I also noticed an effect where the center of my vision became much more prominent. There was a sort of visual swirling effect that started to drag other senses in along with it—this was quite novel compared to the other effects, but in a strangely familiar way. This effect was only briefly present and didn't develop further but I think at a higher dose it would be quite encompassing.

When I really focused on the MPT it was more psychedelic than say 100mcg of ALD-52 or 8mg of 5-MeO-MiPT (using those as a frame of reference since I explored those dosages recently), but the MPT experience also seemed easier to snap out of. With the 5-MeO-MiPT in particular, I felt like I was part of the experience, whereas with the MPT I felt like I was just observing the experience. At one point on the MPT it actually dawned on me that the headspace felt quite dissociated, but without the obliteration of emotions that comes with an NMDA receptor antagonist dissociation.

About 2 hours after the last dose I noticed that the experience seemed to calming down. I stopped keeping track of time after that but I think about an hour later I felt fairly normal. So perhaps the plugged duration is about 3-4 hours. That's almost a perfect duration for me so it's somewhat disappointing that it doesn't dissolve very well. I think if the oral duration is fairly similar I would just eat in the future.
Thanks for the report - it was really interesting!

Good to hear it's orally active I may try that next time. It's some nice material, a little underwhelming but still pleasant and some nice aphrodisiacal qualities I thought. I vaped a few 20 mg doses last night. Will this effect my tripping tolerance like 4-aco-dmt or is it like DMT or 5-meo-dmt where it doesn't have any effect? Could you do this stuff two days in a row like DMT or will tolerance set in fast? I was think about dropping acid this week and now a bit worried this will cause tolerance issues. It has a nice next day glow too, everyone seems to be on the look out for mood enhancement. Overall I'll give it a B though larger dose experiments in the future may raise the grade

I am also surprised by its mildness, considering it's DMT on one side and DPT on the other (methylpropyl). And DMT and DPT are two of the most intense, balls to the wall psychedelics in existence.

I recently acquired some MPT fumarate, and I am interested in researching it orally or intranasally. Has anyone tested this particular salt with one of these RoAs? I don't know if @Kaleida 's report was with freebase or with the fumarate salt, and it seems quite important as potency (per gram) and pharmacokinetics could differ quite a bit.
In any case, if I do not find any conclusive answer, I will research it considering the report was about fumarate (so as I underestimate the dosage in the worst case).

I recently acquired some MPT fumarate, and I am interested in researching it orally or intranasally. Has anyone tested this particular salt with one of these RoAs? I don't know if @Kaleida 's report was with freebase or with the fumarate salt, and it seems quite important as potency (per gram) and pharmacokinetics could differ quite a bit.
In any case, if I do not find any conclusive answer, I will research it considering the report was about fumarate (so as I underestimate the dosage in the worst case).

Yes, I have had mixed success with the fumarate salt orally. Threshold effects at 80 mg, I think I reached my desired intensity at 120 mg, still very lucid but a definite emotional psychedelic headspace, not much in the way of visuals, but I want to revisit it when I have time just to more accurately feel out its character, hopefully I'll haev a report up then.
I would say start from 60-75 mg and work your way up, but depends on your own size and sensitivities etc.

That describes my 25mg smoked experience. Very lightly visual, I probably could have acted relatively normally, but listening to music, I had inward visionary-style journeys that were very emotional in nature. The culmination was a seeming meeting with a recently deceased friend who I had some anger towards, and a mutual forgiveness, which was very powerful. If I would have been talking to someone with eyes open instead, I probably would have said it was not very active and an underdose, though.

It's odd to me how mild MPT is, when DMT and DPT are two of the most powerful psychedelics in existence.

But 4-HO-MPT on the otherhand is a very powerful 4-sub and one of my favorite from the bunch. But yes my MPT experiences were pretty mild as well in comparison to other Tryptamines. Id like to take 125-150mg oral dose of MPT at some point in the future and see if it takes me anywhere tho. Kaleida's high dose oral report was wonderful when she took the 100mgs.

She's sensitive to base tryptamines and 5-MeO subs in general, but 100mg of N,N-MPT seems like a reasonable dose based one what little I've found on it.