• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy MPT Thread

I've tried this chem 2 more times since I last posted about it, this time with plenty of 3-MeO-PCP in my system. My dosages where 30 mg and 50 mg MPT freebase smoked on non-psychoactive herb. I enjoyed the inner expansiveness of it. Gotta say, the 3-MeO-PCP did very little to amplify the effects. With other psychedelics like 1p-LSD or DPT the 3-MeO-PCP potentiated the effects very strongly, almost alarmingly so. With MPT it seemed to suppress the visuals even further. It might be interesting to speculate on the binding affinities responsible for this difference.

I experienced a kind of staticky weekly-fractilized inner blackness. Rich and vast. Pleasant for meditation and later for making some music. It really was on the tame side, but that wasn't a drawback for me. It was kind and good natured. Might be a good psychedelic for people starting out and learning to get comfortable with tripping.

I have combined 3-MeO-PCP with 4-HO-MiPT and I found it to make the tryptamine feel very superficial and almost in the background, it was weird. But, like you, 3-MeO makes LSD much, much stronger.

Vaporized another 80mg of MPT along with cannabis, also on the same day orally took 600mg Agmatine, 300mg Phenibut and 15mg of Isopropylphenidate. The experience was pleasurable with a lot of body euphoria and pleasant sensations and became quite erotic and hedonistic :p

I finally got around to trying this one.... I have to say, I was actually pretty impressed with it, though that's not too surprising given that 4-HO-MPT has been my favorite research chemical so far. Anyway, I wrote a report if anyone wants to check it out. It can be found here:

(MPT/40 mg) - First Time - Sheer Force Psychedelia

Safe travels, friends. :)

You totally can! The trick is to have some sort of dissociative in the mix like a few boxes of whip its or some K/MXE, this will stop the pain in its tracks. If you snort some lines and then smoke some too it is a much more crisp experience that lasts a good bit longer! I'd assume this would apply well to any tryptamines you want to snort.

I'm surprised there aren't more reports on this, since it's been available a while. Personally I love it, it's quite mild compared to many other base tryptamines, very friendly and warm and slow-moving when smoked compared to most as well, which is nice.

It surprises me too. I think a lot of people overlook the unsubstituted tryptamines and just try the 4-subs.

I took some MPT orally today. I wasn't sure how potent it would be but I ended up going with 115mg of the freebase in a capsule. That dose was good, pretty much what I was hoping for. About 40 minutes after taking it I started to feel the full effects, and the plateau lasted around 3 hours. Now, almost 7 hours after taking it, the effects have mostly worn off but I still feel it a little bit.

It was fairly strong in some ways, but still mild and easy to handle compared to most other psychedelics. There might have been a little more body load than when I've vaped it, but for the most part I was pretty comfortable. I went on a bike ride and it was nice. It felt effortless, like I was just floating around. Watching the first episode of Planet Earth II was great. The scene where the iguanas are trying to not get eaten by snakes is really intense when you're tripping!

I would say it's worth it to take MPT orally if you want the effects to last a while. You have to take several time as much as you would vaping it, but it lasts several times longer, so it's not a waste at all.

Interesting. :) Have you tried plugging it? Generally plugging lasts almost as long as oral but with a substantially lower dose.

No, I haven't plugged anything before. It always seemed unnecessary to me. I don't think plugging MPT freebase is a good idea. I licked a tiny bit of it off the scoop I used and felt a tingly burning sensation on my tongue for a few minutes. Maybe you could neutralize it with vinegar or get the fumarate salt for plugging.

Oh well yeah you'd drop the freebase in a shot glass or something and add an acid dropwise while stirring until it dissolved as an HCl/citrate/whatever salt, then squirt it in there. I used to do that with AMT freebase because I much prefer it plugged due to shorter come-up and lack of nausea. Although with AMT the dose isn't really reduced, unlike with almost any other drug.

I really prefer taking something like 2C-E rectally too... not only is the dose cut in half, but the come-up is easier and the bodyload is less.

I really prefer taking something like 2C-E rectally too... not only is the dose cut in half, but the come-up is easier and the bodyload is less.

It's definetly best to plug 2c-E, the comeup is smooth and i would have incredibly powerful experiences off 20mgs. When i look back those are some of the trips i hold closest to my heart.

Id probably give plugging or orally a go when i dose MPT.
4-ho-MPT is hands down my favorite 4 sub so i just know that this one will be fantastic. Will definitely be looking into grabbing some up soon.

I recently heard another report of oral MPT use, 50 milligrams of the freebase. Apparently it was effective and enjoyable. Given how much I love 4-HO-MPT, and how much I hate smoking things, I'd really like to give oral MPT a shot myself one of these days.

I've noticed that my freebase MPT has degraded a little bit. It's still a sparkly crystalline powder but its color has changed from white to tan over the past 2 years.

The oxidized MPT is some nasty stuff to vaporize but you can avoid it if you're careful. I heat the pipe very slowly then remove it from the heat whenever I see the MPT starting to vaporize. The impurities will be left behind in the pipe as long as it doesn't get too hot. Don't try to get every last bit of MPT or you'll end up vaporizing some of the bad stuff and burning your throat.

Where have you stored your MPT? I got mine at least 2 years ago, and have been storing it in an amber vial in the freezer, and it still looks sparkly white.

I have now taken MPT orally four times. Bear in mind that while it seems like I may have somewhat below average sensitivity to 4-substituted tryptamines, it also seems like I may actually have above average sensitivity to base tryptamines.

The first time was at 50 mg. This proved to be a dosage that was low but pleasurable, and alike DMT and most of its direct analogues, despite the fact that it was a low dosage, certain aspects of still felt kind of more like higher dosages of other psychedelics. Overall, it reminded me a lot of a modest dosage of 2C-C, not quite as visual, euphoric, or stoning as you would want that to be for a complete experience but thematically similar in most ways, but also threatening to push deeper than that does. The most memorable thing about the experience was a few hours in after smoking some strong cannabis, closing my eyes and seeing an assortment of transparent, glowing corridors inhabited by a large number of shadow people moving around them from a somewhat bird's eye perspective, but I was in a social setting by that time and chose not to allow the effect to develop further. I recall that the experience lasted at least four or five hours in total and perhaps faded a little bit beyond that but it's been a little too long to remember exactly now.

The second time was at 75 mg. This dose was significantly stronger than the 50 mg one, but still not at the level of what one might go into something so similar to DMT expecting, but that being said, it had significant similarities to my 50 mg oral experience on MiPT. It was not as euphoric or stimulating as that, or as brightly colored and opaque in its visuals, but its geometric visuals were significantly more complex and its visionary effects were significantly more three-dimensional, but still largely feeling constrained to the mind's eye, and it had a deeper feeling to it overall than the MiPT did. Some feelings of relation to 2C-C also continued, but the increased intensity overall was pushing it beyond that. I enjoyed the experience but still felt it needed to be pushed further, but could very well be rewarding when it was. I don't believe this experience lasted all that much longer than the first one, but at least a little bit so probably.

The third time was at 100 mg. At almost exactly thirty minutes after dosing, I suddenly experienced a very strong mind's eye geometric visual of a complex spiraling tunnel of transforming shapes, and immediately the shapes became covered with an assortment of realistically detailed imagery such as somewhat mysteriously shiny silver bird feathers or twisting vines with leaves growing off of them, an effect similar to the initial visuals I experienced with my one smoked experience with 40 mg, so I knew I was finally getting somewhere. Around forty-five minutes to an hour in, sitting down to meditate and closing my eyes immediately revealed an internal forest I now sat at the base of watching birds fly around in beautiful geometric arrangements in the sky. A shift in perspective found me floating above the forest, watching dragons dive through the canopy and around mysterious temples littering the surrounding environment as I rose up through the sky, beyond the clouds, and into the sun. Opening my eyes reveals the universe rendered in the room around me, stars like gnats and planets the size of globes surrounded by all sorts of complex organic geometries. I find myself staring down upon an island covered by lush jungles on an alien world, alien plants surrounded by alien creatures of totally unfamiliar yet natural beauty, unfolding naturally as it does. Then I find myself watching psychedelic cobblestone covered in these alien plants spontaneously form in front of me and form their own spirals beckoning me into a void at the end of my perception. I find myself floating in this void, a baby, with loving protectors staring down at me from an unseen space, safe, simply being and not being. I am back at the apartment, filled with lust, and head to the bedroom and quickly drift off again. There is an orgy going in my head that produces tessellated geometric explosions with every orgasm. Every last ounce of sexual energy is drained until suddenly it flips and we have all become dolls in a child's dollhouse, and realize that we never have actually been anything different. Finally comforted, the child puts us back into her mind. I get up to take a shower and as I am in there, I feel her excitement explode out of me to the point that it rivals the earlier orgasms in intensity. After this the trip begins to subside, but slowly. It remains powerful but only in post-peak ways and takes around seven or eight hours to start really vanishing and was still at least lingering by nine or ten. I felt nearly manic for at least a week afterwards, similarly to my first experience with oral MiPT.

The fourth time was also at 100 mg. Unlike the first three experiences, this time I purged around forty-five minutes, and I am suspicious that this may have lost me at least a tiny bit of the dosage. The effects were more muted compared to the previous trip than I would expect even from the loss of some novelty compared to the first time at this dosage, but they were ultimately powerful and satisfying nonetheless. Open eye visuals were weak most of the experience or at least I never payed attention enough to give them the time to develop, but some beautiful closed eye visuals and visions occurred that were less complex than the previous trip but similar to higher dosages of mushrooms I've taken before, but larger, more realistic, and more hedonistic. I decided to take a hot bath and meditate on these closed eye visuals while smoking cannabis and repeating a mantra of letting go of being myself, and suddenly experienced the hallucinations intensifying to a crushingly intense point and then popped out into complete ego death, simply becoming the hallucination I was experiencing, and that hallucination was of myself staring in the mirror and feeling complete and utter contentedness with who I am, and "I" in that moment became that feeling, which was (in retrospect) absolute bliss, and then I returned to reality in my bath in a fit of hysterical laughter. The experience trailed intensely for many more hours but never again became as significant as that, or if it could have, I didn't care because I was too distracted by what had already happened. I believe it lasted at least nearly as long as the previous 100 mg experience though again at lower intensity.

That is all.

Last edited:
Wow that third experience sounds amazing. I have only vaped this twice, and the first time was a special, meaningful experience to me that was important to have at the time, though the experience was also mild (only 25mg). The second time was also 25mg was unremarkable.

It was a pretty remarkable and significant one, for sure. Some of it was very obviously personally relevant while some of the more esoteric stuff I'm still enjoying trying to connect the dots on.

I remember that first experience of yours, it did sound quite nice. It's too bad the second one fell short but I will note that I've often gone through the same with tryptamines, the same dosage being used twice for the first experiences being great the first time and lackluster the second time. Luckily it's only been a dosage-related issue for me so far, tryptamines are always pretty fulfilling as long as I just take enough. Have you had any more plans for MPT or just had it shelved for a while now?

My 40 mg smoked experience was intense enough to be more memorable than my 50 or 75 mg oral experiences, but it was significantly less memorable or meaningful than either of my 100 mg oral experiences, and also had significantly more body load post-peak, both that uncomfortable muscle tension feeling as well as a racing heart, neither of which bothered me on any oral dosage so far. I'll probably still try smoking a lower dosage again some time and, when I'm feeling masochistic enough, maybe also a higher dosage going for something equivalent to a smoked DMT breakthrough, but ultimately, after these experiences I honestly find it hard to imagine wanting to go back to that compared to oral. I also feel the same way about MiPT and feel that I will about all the others including DMT once I try them orally too though, for what that's worth; I've pretty much realized that smoked/vaporized psychedelics are really just not my thing in general, I pretty much prefer the flow of oral psychedelics no matter what. I really couldn't have asked for more from MPT taken orally than I've gotten so far, though that doesn't mean I won't go back hoping to find more.... I'm not saying anyone else will necessarily be as lucky as I am, even the older reports by Erny if I remember correctly highlight a particularly high variability among users in the responses to oral base tryptamines, but if anyone has considered using it this way I highly recommend giving it a shot, it could pay off quite well.

I think my next goal will be 125 mg... but I probably won't do it until I have a better setting than normal where I can solo trip but still have more room to stretch my legs than I would have at home, to counter any potential body load if it does come.

That third trip does sound remarkable Kaleida. Love the way you describe the visuals throughout it so detailed. Can almost feel like I was there while imagining it in my mind. After this I'm 100% picking up this chem a couple of vendors i know are stocking it. I will deff be eating it and working up to a 100mg dose like you did, seems like the best method.

"geometric visual of a complex spiraling tunnel of transforming shapes, and immediately the shapes became covered with an assortment of realistically detailed imagery such as somewhat mysteriously shiny silver bird feathers or twisting vines with leaves growing off of them"

Oh my goodness, Love it ❤