View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxphenidine / MXP / 2-MeO-Diphenidine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. You might just be forming a habit there though. The effects of dissociatives change considerably over time.

I've been using NMDA antagonists for about 13 years now. For a couple years I would use DXM every 10 days or so. I then stopped use for around seven years. When I picked DXM back up I was not using any dissociatives regularly. The first few trips were really side-effect laden and rather unpleasant. By the second I was using small amounts of ondansetron, and by the fifth or sixth (again once every week and half approximately, give or take a half week) I had upped the dosage to 12 mg. Every single time I have used 12 mg or more of ondansetron I've noticed a great reduction in the undesirable effects. I would be quite surprised to learn they were completely unrelated. The difference was stark and sudden, not due to a building of tolerance.

Some ~9 months before this resurgence of DXM use I would use MXE multiple times a week. Certainly "abuse". By the second month my initial dose had about doubled to achieve the same effects (40 to wee bit over 70). My tolerance was back to 40 after a couple week lull, but the tolerance grew faster than originally and if I used for 3 days in a row by the third it was back up to around 70. But by the time I started DXM use I hadn't use any in nearly a year. So I don't expect tolerance to be particularly significant in reduction of the effects. I even (oh the shame) drank syrup a few times. No problems with 12 mg+ ondansetron and a puking, shirtless, sweaty mess without. Dose is usually 700-800 and occasionally a 350-400 mg second dose about four hours in. Even the nights with redosing, something that would generally make my speech worse for significantly longer, wore off with minimal lasting debilitation.

I'd say it is still worth a look. Someone please post here or PM me or something if you have experiences to add. If it seems to be reproducible I'll happily make a new thread and quote all the relevant posts.

I've been using NMDA antagonists for about 13 years now. For a couple years I would use DXM every 10 days or so. I then stopped use for around seven years. When I picked DXM back up I was not using any dissociatives regularly. The first few trips were really side-effect laden and rather unpleasant. By the second I was using small amounts of ondansetron, and by the fifth or sixth (again once every week and half approximately, give or take a half week) I had upped the dosage to 12 mg. Every single time I have used 12 mg or more of ondansetron I've noticed a great reduction in the undesirable effects. I would be quite surprised to learn they were completely unrelated. The difference was stark and sudden, not due to a building of tolerance.

Some ~9 months before this resurgence of DXM use I would use MXE multiple times a week. Certainly "abuse". By the second month my initial dose had about doubled to achieve the same effects (40 to wee bit over 70). My tolerance was back to 40 after a couple week lull, but the tolerance grew faster than originally and if I used for 3 days in a row by the third it was back up to around 70. But by the time I started DXM use I hadn't use any in nearly a year. So I don't expect tolerance to be particularly significant in reduction of the effects. I even (oh the shame) drank syrup a few times. No problems with 12 mg+ ondansetron and a puking, shirtless, sweaty mess without. Dose is usually 700-800 and occasionally a 350-400 mg second dose about four hours in. Even the nights with redosing, something that would generally make my speech worse for significantly longer, wore off with minimal lasting debilitation.

I'd say it is still worth a look. Someone please post here or PM me or something if you have experiences to add. If it seems to be reproducible I'll happily make a new thread and quote all the relevant posts.
Yeah, I guess you already made it clear that you are experienced with dissociatives in the last post. If I had access to ondansetron I'd try this myself, since I still occasionally use dissociatives. I wonder if this would work with ketamine, pcp or diphenidine as well.

DXM and ondansetron interact profoundly in my experience. It's one of my favorite combos. I used ondansetron with DXM to reduce nausea and noticed the same reduction in negative effects. Later I found that upping the ondansetron dose to 16mg not only decreased the negative effects of DXM but added a richly euphoric emotional reaction (as I've posted about). Other people I've subsequently tested the combo on have experienced an interaction, but not to the same extent I did. I'd be interested in knowing if increasing the doses of each drug elicits a similar reaction for you.

I got myself a gram of this along with some diphenidine.

Some background: I am experienced with K and MXE. In the past I have abused MXE to the point it barely did anything for me anymore except for psychotic like episodes with very high doses, I've still gotten myself a gram now an then over the past year but it was always disappointing so I haven't touched the stuff about 6 months.

I was hoping the MXP would bring back some the early MXE experience and it turned out to be not that far off. After 2 trials I'm a little confused about the duration and dose/respone curve of this stuff though.

1st trial I took 20, 40, 40 mg oral each spaced 1 hour apart, after another 2 hours the effect was a very gentle, clear headed and calming feeling but so far very little dissociation. Decided to do another 80 mg, and roughty another hour later effects started to get a little more promising, but dissociation was still very mild. So I said fuck it and did another 80. Within 15 minutes that finally got me where I was hoping to get. With eyes closed my chair started spinning and flying through the music, very MXE like including visuals! The whole thing lasted maybe an hour, after which a falling sensation stayed with me for another hour or so. I enjoyed it very much and was looking forward to doing a larger dose at once the next time. Took some kratom but sleep didn't come for another 4 hours. The next day I felt completely normal, no dirty after effects.

2nd trial, based on the strength and duration of my previous experience I decided to do 120 mg and another 30 an hour later. 120 didn't do enough for me, but after the booster things started to look promising again. But to my disappointment the experience stopped building up after another hour, and within the next 30 minutes I felt almost completely sober :/ I was able to sleep without any aid about 2 hours later.

So based on those 2 experiences I conclude the following: Onset is about 30 minutes to 1 hour, peak lasts about 1-1.5 hours. However there is a much longer lasting barely noticeable residual effect that significantly boosts consecutive doses. With my tolerance I expect to need as much as 200 mg for the full experience. A little disappoiting considering the price, but very lovely substance nonetheless :) Does this sound about right based on your experiences?

Last edited:
From experimenting with ondansetron / zofran to offset nausea, I decided to try triple my usual dose (4 mg -> 12 mg), taking them a couple minutes apart, the

more on this please. have experience with it, but not in purpose dxm combination

Interesting. You might just be forming a habit there though. The effects of dissociatives change considerably over time.

like they was ever the same

more on this please. have experience with it, but not in purpose dxm combination
I get good effects from the DXM/ondansetron combo with this regimen: T+0: DXM:350mg/ondansetron:12mg; T+2:30: DXM:150mg/ondansetron: 4mg. It takes a while for the euphoric effects to build for me, which I think may have something to do with serotonin building up in the synapse over time from reuptake inhibition.

do i go for this or Diphenidine ? gone for diphenidine :)

Last edited:
I get good effects from the DXM/ondansetron combo with this regimen: T+0: DXM:350mg/ondansetron:12mg; T+2:30: DXM:150mg/ondansetron: 4mg. It takes a while for the euphoric effects to build for me, which I think may have something to do with serotonin building up in the synapse over time from reuptake inhibition.

listen to this man! A trailblazer and a bonafide (and verbose) psychonaut! ;) I could NEVER enjoy DXM until i used Ondansetron......even then it wasn't stellar, but I got why people research it. Really it is just too messy for me....plus Im a dissociative pig, with dozens of compounds under the belt, used in absurd amounts for several years! :) But Ondansetron certainly breathed some much needed clarity and refinement into the experience.

So is the ondansetron only really used with DXM because of the use of the same enzyme use or does it work for other dissociatives like MXE as well? Either way might have to try it out. I also wonder if use of granisetron would show what may be up with this interaction since it's metabolized on a different set of enzymes, would be interesting since it has a longer half life as well.

I wish most places I've seen didn't have MXP for more than MXE as it sounds somewhat interesting. :(

MXD + MXE combo

After tripping off the "fake" disso's these last 3 months (phenidine, methoxyphenidine), i can honestly report that the cyclohexalamines (MXE, etc.) are unmatchable, in terms of deep euphoria and psychic depth. Mexthoxphenidine (MXD) ended up being very good, in comparison to Diphinidine, and i thought for a minute it might be a substitute for MXE. but after sampling MXE again (after 3 months abstinence), i can't help feel that the "fake disso's" are entirely lacking in both psychedelic depth, "clean high", and euphoria, in comparison. not that you can't have crazy experiences. they just don't seem to have the same subjective "value" or richness of content.

MXD is alriiiiight. definitely a step in the right direction for perfectly legal disso's….and something i would buy if MXE was out of my grasp, for sure. but there's a certain "blankness" present with the Phenidine's that is very unpleasant for recreational purposes, in my opinion. they're almost boring. like you just want the trip to end because it's so flat and uninspiring. it lacks that magical inspiration that MXE is famous for. and regular Phenidine, by the way, is the worst drug i've even taken in my life probably. it has zero psychic or recreational value, after countless attempts to prove it otherwise. =)

i accidentally happened upon an MXD + MXE combo last night. it was absolutely amazing. i took a light dose of MXD (80 mgs.) by itself, thinking that was all i'd do for the night. MXD is like MXE without the alcohol/opium influence. clarity, dissociation, dopamine rush. warm, but not as warm as MXE. like 3-meo-pcp, without the mania or insanity, and closer to MXE in "style". no wobblies and no cellular orgasms. the dose was uneventful, at best. my lady comes home with an envelope from over seas and I'm like OMG, that's my MXE!!! so after an allergy test, i down 15 mgs MXE, on top of that 80 mgs. of MXD. after an hour i was put in a very distinctly unique hole, in an exact 50/50 ratio of MXE/MXD influence.

compared to an MXE-only hole, it was more visual, more "carefree", and little bit more "out there". I can't describe this in any tangible way. The "fake disso's," are a little more "absent-minded," whereas the real disso's are more "confusing", if that makes any sense. the Hole was less "mystical" than MXE alone, and less "brilliant", for lack of better words. on MXE, i may be confused, but i'm always very very present; in the sense that i can perceive my actions and those around me very clearly. with MXD, it's a little more like "uuuummmmmmmm….what just happened???????" this "absent-mindedness" applies to the insights from the trip too: "ummmmmm, what did i just realize…….????????"

maybe it's just cos i'm a musician, but when i'm tripping hard on MXE, I just start to hear everything as music, and then i literally start to hear music everywhere to an insane degree. i asked my lady the other day (who was not tripping and just innocently typing on the other side of the room:

Me, (tripping, and totally serious): "are you on a program right now where every time you type, it makes a splashing-rainbow-orchestral noise?"

Her (totally sober and into her homework)" "ummmmmmm….no, why?"

Me: "ohh, uh i dunno…nevermind."

Last edited:
So is the ondansetron only really used with DXM because of the use of the same enzyme use or does it work for other dissociatives like MXE as well? Either way might have to try it out.
I've only experienced an obviously beneficial interaction with DXM and ondansetron. Interestingly, memantine is also a 5HT3 antagonist, and I experience highly euphoric effects combining memantine and MXE, so maybe there's something about NMDA/5HT3 antagonism in tandem with serotonin reuptake inhibition. Not sure. More data points are needed.

Well if someone had some granisetron or another one like that, that isn't metabolized on CYP2DS the theory that its only due to that factor could be put to bed. It would certainly be interesting if it was more than simple enzyme interactions and was mediated by 5HT3 anatagonism as well.

So is the ondansetron only really used with DXM because of the use of the same enzyme use or does it work for other dissociatives like MXE as well?

this is what i was getting at.
and side point i have vomited after zofran use, a many a time.

Interestingly, memantine is also a 5HT3 antagonist, and I experience highly euphoric effects combining memantine and MXE, so maybe there's something about NMDA/5HT3 antagonism in tandem with serotonin reuptake inhibition. Not sure. More data points are needed.

awesome thanks!

I've read at least one report of positive effects from vaporization. Any experiences here? Dose, effects (comparison to oral), duration?

I've read at least one report of positive effects from vaporization. Any experiences here? Dose, effects (comparison to oral), duration?
People seem to be using 15-20% of an oral dosage of diphenidine when they're smoking it. So start very low.

So which ROA's have been tested for this and with what effect?

Insufflated
Sub Buccual
Sublingual
Oral
IM
IV

I've tried oral and sublingual, but both during the same period so can't really compare and contrast. Rectal or IV aren't really routes I am interested in but what about IM, anyone reckon it would add anything to the experience (i.e rush)?

I like 4-meo and mxe this way, but this is a different realm. Any thoughts?

So which ROA's have been tested for this and with what effect?

Insufflated
Sub Buccual
Sublingual
Oral
IM
IV
While I am a big fan fo IV'ing dissociatives, the maniac who feels the need to IV Methoxphenidine or Diphenidine is yet to be born I'm afraid.

Last edited:
I'm tempted to IM it, but based on previous experiments with the drug, I can't see any qualitative attributes that would be enhanced by this ROA.

That being said, I thought 4-meo was lacking, and then with IM, that disso feeling where your head sort if twinges/cramps (I really don't know how to explain it?) rushes in and it feels oh so satisfying, albeit slightly dirty.

If I did, I'd start at 4mg, working up towards the 40-60 mark, but as it stands I couldn't see any benefits to it. I was hoping someone would be able to guesstimate any pro's like bioavailability, metabolization, duration, or possible pitfalls (solubility etc.).

I do quite like methoxphenedine, it's subtle, and calm (not what you think of when introducing needles into the situation).

I also wanted to consolidate a list of ROA's into a single place, I read through this and a few other forums, but only came to see insufflated or oral ROA's.

In addition, I would like to ask what people's experience with redosing is? Does it just extend duration, and does this drug have a ceiling effect?

I've become quite fond of Diphenidine and Methoxphenidine, though not for particularly recreational purposes. I take 10mg of DPD and 30mg of MXP before work and find it helps stimulate me and reduces negative thoughts. I've also found that DPD taken before I sleep helps me to feel fresher in the morning. </1950s advert>

I just wanted to chime back in,

I tried a test run of IM administration at both 4mg, followed by 12mg 24 hours later.

The substance is water soluble (I used a sterile water ampoule, not isotonic as I would usually use).

It takes a lot of agitation (more than methoxetamine), it took a good 10-15 minutes to dissolve. No heat was applied.

After 10 minutes I drew up into the syringe, but could see it wasn't fully dissolved, I carried on mixing it for another 5 minutes, it appeared to have completely dissolved, but I ran it through a micron filter (5 microns).

At 12mg, I noticed a subtle effect, but subtle enough to potentially be a placebo effect.

No reaction at injection site, no discomfort, no issues.

I have no pressing desire to pursue this in the near future, however I will return to try a further IM administration in the future, but not within the next 4 weeks.

Edit: For both attempts I used 1ml of water.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.