• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Mescaline Extraction thread

Yeah, there's still some nausea and cramping but not nearly as much as drinking the tea.

Even chemically pure psychedelics give people nausea, it's psychosomatic, it's all part of the trip. No pain, no gain.

I even get nausea with LSD.

Look it up dude, I haven't a clue.

Erowid's cacti vault has a link in there about a visionary cactus guide or something of that sort.

Just type into google "mescaline (or alkaloid) content of various trichocereus species"

The most common types are peruvianus or pachanoi. I think I may have heard some experiences on macragonus, haven't heard of werderwhatevererererer. ;)

Type into google "trichocereus magragonus experiences" It's easy man, just switch around your words or rephrase if you don't get the results your looking for.

Give a man a fish and you've fed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you've fed him for the rest of his life. ;)

Does anyone know how long it should take for the acidic water to freeze during the salting step? (It seems like it shouldn't take that long but...I've been wrong before.)

For greater clarity, I'm talking about the point at which HCL has been added to the xylene. The solution is then put in the freezer so the acid and water can freeze and be separated from the xylene. This is the tek.

Can't say I like that tek. The acid isn't neutralized in the end, the freezing part is ingenious but I'd much rather use a separatory funnel. I can understand though if people don't have one but that thing is so worth the investment!

why not extract mescaline so its an acid, then freebase it by adding sodium carbonate or calcium hydroxide.

have it all in a solution thats salt saturated.

decant it

add more water so that the extra base and salt dissolve again

decant
etc... until you have a super pure mescaline powder (much the same way you might purify harmala alkaloids)

dry it out, weigh it out, add equimolar ammounts of tartaric acid (equal to the mols of mescaline freebase) to water to make a solution of that, then slowly add the mescaline until it all dissolves

evaporate the water (over the course of a few days) and im pretty sure your gonna have some bomb ass crystal clear mescaline crystals

like a double acid base, with the second a/b being for rextalization

this winter (probably when its coldest out, or maybe even wait for a close freeze) when i harvest my cacti ill give this extraction method a try

does anyone know the solubility in g/L of mescaline freebase in water?

Mescaline freebase is an oil, so I don't think you can make a powder out of it...

oh! then just reverse everything, where water was used use nonpolar solvent, where acid was used, use base

I came across this and thought it's a really interesting step to make a simple and easy to consume cactus extract :

letting an acidic aqueous cactus extract (whether boiled down or extracted with alcohol, evapped and adding acidic h2o) sit in the fridge for not even a week will cause all the nasty green slime fats to settle to the bottom so the delicious (riiiiiight but still) golden business can simply be poured off. It is the easiest way to defat the cactus and I have experienced zero nauea from just drinking the golden juice.

The slime is the only real problem when dealing with cactus and I can't stress enough how much easier ANY cactus process is if you just let the mix sit in the fridge. The fats settle themselves, you don't even have to touch them. After this you could simply drink the juice, evap and swallow the stuff or go through the process of basification, extraction with a non-polar solv then acidification/evaporation very easily.

found here

Lysergication: do you think that freezing the plant material to burst the plant cells would produce much more slimey stuff and if so is it worth it?

Ignus: I really don't get your proposed tek and I'm a chemistry major. If you use a saturated salt-solution like that what keeps you from getting precipitated nacl salt with your mescaline?
For the rest, it sounds a little like one of the 2 teks I proposed where freebase mescaline in non-polar solution is precipitated by using concentrated acid, in doing so not producing an aqeous layer.

Again, I would like a reaction on those teks since I think they're pretty helpful. Easy and effective if you have the materials for them.

durring that part you would get precipitated nacl salt, then you would add water. the new water would dissolve the precipitated salt. then you would keep doing that until there is no more salt left over.

this is why i asked the solubility of fb mescaline in h2o, if its over a certain ammount it wouldnt be worth it to do it this way...

I've always found drying the plant matter and grinding it to smitherines releases the godies quite well. Also if you go straight to base (instead of basifying the acidic water) the strong NaOH will break down the plant matter. I guess if you use the acid method from the start the acid will also digest the plant matter. Either way I think the freeze/thaw stuff is unnecessary.

Very well then!

could you confirm my re-X teks, uniter?
those 2 a couple posts above

Lysergication: do you think that freezing the plant material to burst the plant cells would produce much more slimey stuff and if so is it worth it?

Ignus: I really don't get your proposed tek and I'm a chemistry major. If you use a saturated salt-solution like that what keeps you from getting precipitated nacl salt with your mescaline?
For the rest, it sounds a little like one of the 2 teks I proposed where freebase mescaline in non-polar solution is precipitated by using concentrated acid, in doing so not producing an aqeous layer.

Again, I would like a reaction on those teks since I think they're pretty helpful. Easy and effective if you have the materials for them.

I don't quite understand the NaCl stuff. Seems weird and flawed as the mescaline salt and NaCl have the same solubility charactertics and you'll end up with NaCl in you product.

HCl gassing the non-polar freebase solution of mescaline should give you mescaline crystals if it's stable in strong acid. I've read that HCl gas works for meth but will destroy MDMA; whether it destroys mescaline or not; I do not know.

When I do an A/B on mescaline I'm just going to extract it from the non-polar layer with pH 2 water (from HCl) and evaporate the aqueous layer to yield mescaline HCl. Then I'll wash the crystals with acetone to clean them up, and that's it.

I'm not too fussy about getting giant needle/shard like crystals.

Last edited:
woah stb with cactus?

san pedro soap anyone?
no i think well just have a foam party then

STB on cactus is the same as with DMT except instead of freeze precipitating the alkaloid out of the non-polar layer you add acidic water, extract the mescaline into the aqueous phase and then evaporate the aqueous phase.

STB means you put the cactus powder straight into NaOH solution instead of putting it into an acidic solution and then basifying it.

yeah... but i cant imagine how the emulsion layer would ever settle with cactus

yeah... but i cant imagine how the emulsion layer would ever settle with cactus

Well I can't say I've tried it myself. Are you saying putting the cactus powder into acid water first is necessary to do a non-polar defatting step to remove oils and fats that would result in a worse emulsion?

yeah.

stb emulsions would be insaine with a cactus, i dont think you would be able to do much with the resulting concoction but make some soap or something.