View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DXM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
best thing you can do is wear shades. you can use eye drops to get rid of the redness and sometimes it helps make you look a tad more sober, but there's no way around it. generally neurotransmitter release causes it, especially serotonin. i'd suggest finding some better psychedelics than dxm anyways (it's not hard to do, you have the internet). dxm is particularly bad for your nervous system.

thank you. i know but dxm is so much easier for me to get my hands on its right at the store lol im very very curious to try other psychedelics..i want to do shrooms very badly

prozac and dxm

Forgot to not take my medication(prozac and abilify) today, and then took dxm. what are the dangers and why

Serotonin syndrome, "bad trips", extreme potentiation of DXM's effects. The Abilify may help somewhat though because it will block a portion of DXM's effects. Not enough of the effects to prevent a bad or at least very strong trip though.

Prozac is a SSRI drug which stops your body from re-absorbing serotoni. The problem is that DXM is quite a strong SRI too so the two can get to dangerous levels of potentiation.

How much DXM did you take? If you took a 3rd plateau dose or higher (and aren't experienced with DXM trips) I would suggest having someone take you to a hospital or at least watch over you. Otherwise, buckle up and prepare for a strong and strange trip.

If you are in a situation where you need to hide the appearance of your eyes, then you probably shouldn't be on psychedelic drugs at that time. I can't imagine why a person would want to be high on DXM in a situation where they need to hide it...DXM seems to me like one of the hardest highs to hide simply because it fucks you up so much, like trying to hide being drunk. Why don't you save the DXM for times when you can be all by yourself, curl up under some blankets and surf the waves of your consciousness? You'll enjoy it a lot more.

Anyway, to answer your questions, no, there's nothing you can do about it. Shrooms, acid, E, pretty much any drug will dilate your pupils to a noticeable point.

i took 360mgs. no where nears a 3rd plateau for me. im 5'7 and weigh 147. i use to take a SHIT load of dxm. im just curious as to how they interact and stuff and how to keep myself safe

DXM HBr + Polisterex - Would it work?

Sometimes I feel that my dxm trips are too short. I recently had the idea that one bottle of time release cough medicine (300mg DXM polisterex) and then wait 20 minutes or so, and drink one bottle of regular robitussin (300mg DXM HBr) would this combo be effective in prolonging the DXM trip?

EDIT: Sorry I didn't post this in Psychedelic section.

i would ask a mod to move this to PD as they would have more knowledge on this i would think.

EDIT: asked for you

Moving this to PD.

The DXM HBr will still wear off normally, but this will extend the whole trip overall while slightly lessening the peak.

Be Careful:

There are many great physically safe psychedelics out there, like Shrooms, DMT, LSD. However, DXM through cough and cold pills does something horrible to the body - especially the Eyes and Vision!

There is a section at this forum, that has over 50+ users here, telling about how their vision and eyes are permanently damaged for the rest of their life - from taking Cough and Cold pills to trip on DXM.
The other chemicals that are in those pills, can do serious damage to you're body, because you end up taking so much of them as well from - all the pills you take to get the right dxm dose in CCC.

I highly recommend you check out this forum here and help protect you're vision in the future, many people wish they could go back and prevent the damage. You are still at that point where you can be safe about things, there is actual pure DXM that you can get, without the other chemicals from the cough and cold. But overall you would be better off doing shrooms. Try to space it out to at least 2 weeks between trips if you can or a month or two =P - it will help your health along the way.

Forum on why what you are doing can permanently damage your vision - Seeing is important.... Right???
(Coricidin's Long-Term Negative Effects)
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...ng-Term-Negative-Effects?highlight=cough+cold

Last edited:
Take the hbr at 1.5-2 hours in for better syncing of the peak, imo.

As far as I know DXM does not cause damage to the rods/cones in the retina, it does carry the standard risk of HPPD because of its long half life though. Must be the CPM.

^Indeed. Clorpheniramine is an SNRI, as well as being a substrate for CYP2D6. Talk about major potentiation with DXM. CPM is also contraindicated in individuals with glaucoma.

^ Yep, just verified this. Shouldn't be a huge risk, in my uneducated opinion. People safely decrease DXM metabolism with grapefruit juice. Given that propranolol is supposedly a low-potency CYP2D6 inhibitor, and that my usual dosage of prop. is relatively small, I'm confident that I'll be fine combining it with DXM.

I was under the impression that, at reasonable dosages, taken at reasonable frequencies, DXM in and of itself doesn't pose a significant risk to the nervous system. Can anyone back up the claim that DXM is "particularly bad" in this regard? How would it compare to another NMDA antagonist like ketamine or methoxetamine or PCP?

Bumping this thing (so it will be more convenient to merge posts into it tomorrow). Please take advantage of both this thread, and those threads/resources on the first page to see if there isn't a convenient ready made answer to your questions folks. That way you won't have to wait for people to reply to threads you start, and we keep the board free of clutter.

Thank you :)<3

I was under the impression that, at reasonable dosages, taken at reasonable frequencies, DXM in and of itself doesn't pose a significant risk to the nervous system. Can anyone back up the claim that DXM is "particularly bad" in this regard? How would it compare to another NMDA antagonist like ketamine or methoxetamine or PCP?

Though I don't have any sources, I was under the same impression. I've read numerous studies regarding "the effect of NMDA antagonists in _____" and all seem to regard DXM as fairly harmless, physically. Not to mention most people here seem to be of the same opinion.

i prefer polistirex over IR as the extended-release formulation increases the amount of DXM => DXO.

Merged some threads in here to clear up forum clutter, feel free to continue replying to any of the discussions folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.