View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DXM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to have a doctor who prescribed DXM pills for me. I could never drink that syrup raw, all that sorbitol and whatnot...

How "clean" is DXM as a potentiator for ketamine?

In a recent thread about potency differences between different isomers of ketamine, oral ketamine was brought up by bluedolphin. The reports BD linked to made oral ketamine seem enticing, and worth a try; however, for most people the uneconomical quarter-gram dose required was a turn off.

In my two experiences with the combination of DXM and ketamine--both oral 2nd plateau doses of DXM with 50mg of IM ketamine--I felt that, qualitatively, ketamine dominated the trip for about 45 minutes. I've also had a large friend--who, with no tolerance, still walked around on 250mg of IM ketamine--have a powerful "ketamine" experience with a 2nd plateau dose of DXM and 50mg of IM ketamine.

I'm looking for experienced reports regarding how well DXM faithfully preserves the qualities of ketamine when used as a potentiator. I'm especially interested in any experiences of DXM with oral ketamine, and by how much the oral ketamine dose can be reduced, given a certain dose of DXM, while still attaining the desired intensity of a higher oral ketamine dose.

I did 300mg on monday, then 450 mg on wednesday. It is now saturday, and while the DXM effects are largely gone, I am not able to orgasm. Did doing it two days in a row increase the amount of time I have to wait for it to be completely out of my system by so long, or am I oversensitive?

It's weird, I still get music appreciation, good time dilation that's useful, and I am more motivated. If I didn't have this orgasm problem, this would be a great thing. I'm worried that I'll lose the music appreciation, time dilation and motivation if I regain the orgasm though. Oh boy. *sigh*

about cold water extraction to remove the apap from DXM containing products, Not a good idea as DXM isnt that water soluble.

Floating around somewhere is a "reverse CWE" procedure for getting DXM out of Coricidin Cough & Cold -- IIRC, you discard the water, which should have the chlorpheneramine in it. Don't try this at home, 'cause I think reports were indeterminate, but it would indicate that regular CWE to get rid of the APAP would not be helpful.

Just curious, what's the maximum amount of guaifenesin anyone has ingested with no ill effects? I've had 6000 mg at once once and really didn't feel sick or anything after smoking weed. I'm curious to know because I usually take 300 mg which includes that 6000 mg of guaifenesin with it, but I've been curious to try 600 mg which would be 12000 mg of guaifenesin which I think would make me very sick. I may just take like 400 mg, but I really like to have even doses, since its 30 pills and 15 is good for 300 mg. And Phew I usually can't reach orgasm for like a day or two after, or its really difficult.

Go get something with only DXM, and save what you have now for when you have a cough. For chrissake.

SomeKindaLove said:
Go get something with only DXM, and save what you have now for when you have a cough. For chrissake.

There are no DXM only products where I live, and I don't have the necessary things for extractions.

Ason Unique said:
There are no DXM only products where I live, and I don't have the necessary things for extractions.

Well, then go out and find one or the other, rather than putting yourself in danger of a really uncomfortable time, or, worse, serious health issues. You're not going to get the answer you want here. Taking products that contain things other than DXM is NOT SAFE under any circumstances. This is DXM 101, folks.

Guaifenesin has never really done anything bad to me, I don't even think it works for me because I've never had to blow my nose or cough up shit because of it. And I can't walk down the street to just buy the chemicals needed for extraction.

^All that's needed for an extraction is lemon juice and ammonia, both of which can be found at any grocery store, and naphtha, available at any hardware store. You don't live within walking/driving distance of these?

I've used lighter fluid instead of naphtha, and it's worked fine.

Also, does the Lemon extraction or whatever get rid of guaif? I'm not sure.

SomeKindaLove said:
Also, does the Lemon extraction or whatever get rid of guaif? I'm not sure.
If done properly, following the steps involving guaifensin, it will.

I have run across Pure DXM. I have it dosed out and just have a few concerns/questions...

I've read some negative reports on the stuff, people saying it is no where near as good as the cough medicine. I can't see how this is possible but further reading suggests that a chemical in cough syrup helps with the absorption of the DXM, and that DXM has a very low bio availability when taken orally.

Is it advisable to take this with a few teaspoons of regular cough medicine? Does this truly help absorption? I thought I was done with that filthy stuff, lol.

I've also heard it hits you faster and harder than cough medicine. Is it advisable to start with a lower dose, that I'm already familiar with? I reckon so...

Just a general question, how long should it be since I last ate? Just ate now, so it's pretty much a waiting game until my stomach is at a good point to handle the DXM.

That's all, thanks.

DXM freebase has low bio-avaliblity, but if you take it with something acidic it is basically turned into DXM citrate I believe, and this is what Agent Lemon does.

^There's no need to take any cough medicine, vortex30. Just split your dose into 6 and take over an hour or so. This will help it to absorb at the proper rate.

It seems that people who react negatively to the powder are taking it all at once, which produces a much more hectic, confusing trip... spreading it out eliminates that, providing a clean and smooth dis-corporation straight into the singularity!

Propyl Power said:
^There's no need to take any cough medicine, vortex30. Just split your dose into 6 and take over an hour or so. This will help it to absorb at the proper rate.

It seems that people who react negatively to the powder are taking it all at once, which produces a much more hectic, confusing trip... spreading it out eliminates that, providing a clean and smooth dis-corporation straight into the singularity!
Ahh, thanks for the tip. What's an ideal way of taking it? Any good things to mix it with that mask the taste? What about toss and wash method?

Status
Not open for further replies.