• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy DOPr Thread

Yeah I was so excited to get some DOET, but it is almost nothing like 2C-E.

I want so bad to try DOEF (and actual 2C-EF, instead of the mix of 2C-C/2C-T-2/2C-T-7 I got sold - which is great but not 2C-EF)

Still need to try DOC, DOI and DOET, to round out my list...... I feel like I can't fully comment on the DOx class until I've taste DOC at least (Coming soon, whenever my life next gives me the opportunity). Feels like a collection lol, to rack up the all of the equivalent 2C-DOx compounds. I just want to have a comprehensive range of experiences with them all!
Hell I'd even try Bromo-dragonfly if it crossed my path (taken at a responsible dose ofc)

Yeah I was so excited to get some DOET, but it is almost nothing like 2C-E.

I want so bad to try DOEF (and actual 2C-EF, instead of the mix of 2C-C/2C-T-2/2C-T-7 I got sold - which is great but not 2C-EF)
A friend of mine has the old "2C-EF" batch but it’s not lab-tested, yet. I will hand in a sample to ChEckiT in the next couple of weeks to have another referance. I’m pretty certain it won’t be 2C-EF, but he said he took 7mg for good effects which does seem odd to me as he usually takes 25mg 2C-E or 250ug LSD.

Still need to try DOC, DOI and DOET, to round out my list...... I feel like I can't fully comment on the DOx class until I've taste DOC at least (Coming soon, whenever my life next gives me the opportunity). Feels like a collection lol, to rack up the all of the equivalent 2C-DOx compounds. I just want to have a comprehensive range of experiences with them all!
Hell I'd even try Bromo-dragonfly if it crossed my path (taken at a responsible dose ofc)
Have you tried TMA-2 or any other members of the TMA-x family? Would love to hear how you'd compare TMA-2 to the DOx.

Last edited:
Have you tried DOB?

You just made me remember I tried bromo-dragonfly, lol. It basically sucked. Too many side effects, and no real interesting positive effects. And it lasted like 30 hours.

Tell me about it man, I gave into my obsessive DOX collector's instinct years ago. The DOF, and DOiP and DOPr in gram quantity has been the find I'm most proud of. It was blind, dumb luck and the vendor diappeared right after, and I had to pretend to be a vendor to get them to reluctantly sell it to me. Also, the DOET was blind luck, got 24mg in a trade, no idea where he got it.

A friend of mine has the old "2C-EF" batch but it’s not lab-tested, yet. I will hand in a sample to ChEckiT in the next couple of weeks to have another referance. I’m pretty certain it won’t be 2C-EF, but he said he took 7mg for good effects which does seem odd to me as he usually takes 25mg 2C-E or 250ug LSD.

Yeah me too, it is odd because very low doses of the blend get me a nice light trip, whereas with any of them alone, it doesn't. But the lab doesn't lie. I guess maybe it is just a very synergistic blend?

You just made me remember I tried bromo-dragonfly, lol. It basically sucked. Too many side effects, and no real interesting positive effects. And it lasted like 30 hours.

Tell me about it man, I gave into my obsessive DOX collector's instinct years ago. The DOF, and DOiP and DOPr in gram quantity has been the find I'm most proud of. It was blind, dumb luck and the vendor diappeared right after, and I had to pretend to be a vendor to get them to reluctantly sell it to me. Also, the DOET was blind luck, got 24mg in a trade, no idea where he got it.
Yess I feel so lucky to have encountered F, iP, and Pr, I would also say dumb luck and kindness were what brought them to across my path!
Have you tried DOB?
I have tried DOB! A good while ago, I found it to be just decent overall.

I have tried DOB! A good while ago, I found it to be just decent overall.
I see, I actually looked up your blog shortly after, I believe you linked your blog a while ago. You went to sleep at +14 on 3mg? That's very impressive lol, it took me 4mg of etizolam at +24, and I was at a roaring +++ at +14 still.
I found DOPr to be most similar to DOB, it became especially apparent on my high DOPr dose. The timeline and how effects evolve is almost the same, and the effects themselves differ almost solely in headspace. A little like the difference between 2C-B and 2C-P, -B is sharper and faster while -P is slower and more dreamy. The nihilism you talk about in that report is what I suffered from my whole DOPr trip and could never break out off. Never a problem on DOB, on the contrary. I feel like on DOx especially, you need to trust in the drug 100%. In the sense that you need to believe that what you do, what you think and how you perceive the world is not just OK, but good, and deserved. If you don't and get doubts somewhere along the way the amphetamine part can make life seem very sluggish and like a chore. It's strange how differently they affect people in this regard, it seems that especially DOI is a serial offender of this.

Good luck with DOC :)

I see, I actually looked up your blog shortly after, I believe you linked your blog a while ago. You went to sleep at +14 on 3mg? That's very impressive lol, it took me 4mg of etizolam at +24, and I was at a roaring +++ at +14 still.
I found DOPr to be most similar to DOB, it became especially apparent on my high DOPr dose. The timeline and how effects evolve is almost the same, and the effects themselves differ almost solely in headspace. A little like the difference between 2C-B and 2C-P, -B is sharper and faster while -P is slower and more dreamy. The nihilism you talk about in that report is what I suffered from my whole DOPr trip and could never break out off. Never a problem on DOB, on the contrary. I feel like on DOx especially, you need to trust in the drug 100%. In the sense that you need to believe that what you do, what you think and how you perceive the world is not just OK, but good, and deserved. If you don't and get doubts somewhere along the way the amphetamine part can make life seem very sluggish and like a chore. It's strange how differently they affect people in this regard, it seems that especially DOI is a serial offender of this.

Good luck with DOC :)
Honestly I encountered DOB so early on in my journey, I was much younger and more immature, I'm curious about how I would receive it nowadays! Though it's so hard to find now :( Would love to track down DOI too even tho that's also very elusive.
I do tend to metabolize things very quickly, so the duration of all of my experiences tends to be less than is recorded. I found DOPr quite unique relative to the other DOx's I've tried! Quite unlike 2C-P too. I would say my perspective on 2C-B vs. 2C-P is opposite yours- I find them both to be fiery, electric, sharp and fast and overclocked, but 2C-P to a much greater degree. Hard to characterize things consistently :p

Can't wait to try DOC! Hopefully I can meet DOI someday soon too.

Honestly I encountered DOB so early on in my journey, I was much younger and more immature, I'm curious about how I would receive it nowadays! Though it's so hard to find now :( Would love to track down DOI too even tho that's also very elusive.
I do tend to metabolize things very quickly, so the duration of all of my experiences tends to be less than is recorded. I found DOPr quite unique relative to the other DOx's I've tried! Quite unlike 2C-P too. I would say my perspective on 2C-B vs. 2C-P is opposite yours- I find them both to be fiery, electric, sharp and fast and overclocked, but 2C-P to a much greater degree. Hard to characterize things consistently :p

Can't wait to try DOC! Hopefully I can meet DOI someday soon too.
Yeah DOI is indeed even more elusive, I hope paths cross as well, I've have no illusions that I'll ever be able to try DOET or DOEF, but DOI once had some hype/love going for it at least...

Maybe it was my 2C-P dose, don't exactly recall that trip all too well either tbh, but I in retrospect I saw a lot of 2C-P in DOPr, minus the DOx feel and mental/physical stimulation. First of all the dreaminess and t's like you're in a zone, a wool ball that is just rolling and you further and further, eventually arriving somewhere without really knowing where you started. DOB was so sharp, brain wide open, from here to there, but I don't know how much of this is the quite extreme mental and physical stimulation. I think once you adjust for intensity and dose, the similarities become really apparent. Anyway, indeed hard to characterize these things.

I Love doc, its the only One ive tried in the class.
This sounds like its in the same league but different.

I Love doc on festivals where i can just mess around all Day and Night adding whatever substances i feel like on top of it (mostly thc,ket,dmt,n20 etc)

Dopr sounds more like something to go deep on.
But since it lasts so long i guess you cant just chill att home on it.
Maybe something to take in the woods by a cabin.

DOPr is more intoxicating and hyponotic (it can REALLY draw you into a closed eye drifting sort of space), although I found it to be very sociable with my tripping partner, but not sure if it would be as easy to communicate with other people as it is with DOC. However DOPr for me was a lot more relaxing, with less limb energy, so actually I could see sitting/layout around the house. On my high dose trip with it, we spent some of the time during the build-up to the peak exploring outside, and the rest of the time sitting inside listening to music and talking (and doing nitrous here and there). I'm not sure if I'd want to hike the whole time on it, like I do with DOC.

Finished my report! It can be read here:

Re: DOPr vs 2C-P , I found them to have quite a lot in common, only DOPr felt more euphoric and uplifting to me, 2C-P sometimes has a "dark" vibe, altough it can also get euphoric at times. But in both of them I found that slightly dissociative, almost hypnotic quality that is very characteristic in them. I'm quite familiar with 2C-P, and my trips on it consistently have a dream-like trance quality. I found that even more pronounced in DOPr, but with greater mental clarity compared to the amount of psychedelia. 2C-P get really confusing and mindfucky at higher doses.

Re: DOPr vs 2C-P , I found them to have quite a lot in common, only DOPr felt more euphoric and uplifting to me, 2C-P sometimes has a "dark" vibe, altough it can also get euphoric at times. But in both of them I found that slightly dissociative, almost hypnotic quality that is very characteristic in them. I'm quite familiar with 2C-P, and my trips on it consistently have a dream-like trance quality. I found that even more pronounced in DOPr, but with greater mental clarity compared to the amount of psychedelia. 2C-P get really confusing and mindfucky at higher doses.
2C-P definitely had a darker feel to me too, in general it felt "sharper" than DOPr in every way, in the quality and shape of the visuals, in the body load, in the overall sense of edged acute intensity even at lower doses. I would even go so far as to call DOPr a softer, gentler, more drawn out version of 2C-P. 2C-P also had a really intense stimulation that DOPr lacked. Hard for me to place what exactly I found them to have in common but there is a sense they are cut from similar cloth- maybe it's just a property of being so drawn out. But then again I found little similarity between say 2C-D and DOM (even aside from 2C-D being very short and DOM being very long, they were qualitatively quite distinct for me). Excited to try DOC when i can find the time and compare it to 2C-C.

Yeah, while I would say that DOC and 2C-C have a bit of the same whiff about them, 2C-D and DOM felt nothing alike to me. Maybe it's a halogen/alkyl thing

Curious why everyone writes DOPr with a lowercase r, when Shulgin capitalized it. Very minor detail, but is there some significance to it?

Having never tried a DOx, I am curious about the overall, general differences between DOx and 2C-x. I thought the amphetamine derivatives would be more stimulating and they are obviously longer lasting. But neverwing mentioned above how 2cp is more stimulating than DOPR.

The “amphetamine” part of the name has always been a bit off putting to me even though I know that doesn’t make sense. I’m a fan of psychedelics but that’s about it for drugs.

Are DOx considered strictly psychedelics? From the descriptions I’ve read they certainly seem so, but I’m wondering does it feel like a mix of a psychedelic and a stimulant? I guess that could be said for certain 2cx or 4 sub tryouts too - the combo of psych and stim. Sorry this is not the right thread for my questions.

Curious why everyone writes DOPr with a lowercase r, when Shulgin capitalized it. Very minor detail, but is there some significance to it?

Having never tried a DOx, I am curious about the overall, general differences between DOx and 2C-x. I thought the amphetamine derivatives would be more stimulating and they are obviously longer lasting. But neverwing mentioned above how 2cp is more stimulating than DOPR.

The “amphetamine” part of the name has always been a bit off putting to me even though I know that doesn’t make sense. I’m a fan of psychedelics but that’s about it for drugs.

Are DOx considered strictly psychedelics? From the descriptions I’ve read they certainly seem so, but I’m wondering does it feel like a mix of a psychedelic and a stimulant? I guess that could be said for certain 2cx or 4 sub tryouts too - the combo of psych and stim. Sorry this is not the right thread for my questions.
I would say the 'amphetamine' part of the name is just a nomenclatural formality due to its clearly defined amphetamine structure. But as you know they are quite unlike any non-psychedelic amphetamines.

'Stimulant' is about as vague a term as 'Depressant' when describing drugs. Both terms describe a cluster of CNS effects that can be observed after ingestion but these effects can come about from a variety of different neurological activities. In that regard, I would say almost all psychedelics fall under the umbrella of stimulant- almost all of them tend to increase heart rate and alertness and prevent sleep, most raise body temperature etc., it does this via various serotonin receptor agonism, which distinctly has stimulating effects. Most 'traditional' stimulants, such as amphetamine etc. work with monamine transporters, particularly with increasing dopamine release, though some like Methamphetamine or MDMA will touch on serotonin too. So psychedelics are indeed stimulants, though some are definitely more stimulating than others. I would say DOx drugs often garner similar degrees of stimulation to the 2C-x family, and more than the tryptamines, though less than some compounds like the xscaline amphetamine analogues or beta-methoxy compounds.

I think it's because generally in chemistry, Propyl is abbreviated Pr with the lowercase R, so even though Shulgin didn't lowercase the r, it seems more correct to do so.

The DOX family are absolutely psychedelics, they are in fact some of the most "dyed in the wool" (to use Shulgin's phrase) psychedelics there are. They are not stimulating in the same way amphetamine and non-psychedelic amphetamines are. There is certainly energy but it is not from dopamine and/or serotonin release, but from receptor agonism. It certainly gives you body energy and keeps you awake, but it's definitely only an amphetamine by technical definition, because of a methyl on the alpha position of the phenethylamine structure. They bear little similarity. Also DOXs, DOI at least, metabolize very differently, too. They seem to travel to the lung first where they are metabolized first, pretty unusual.

They're probably all in all my most loved and favorite family of psychedelics. Really wish there were options that were exactly the same but half the duration. I love the duration and it's part of the trip, but I'd take them (especially DOC and DOPr) more often if it wasn't such a big time commitment and sleep disruption.

So I won’t ask about the direct comparisons between DOC and 2C-C, or 2C-P vs DOPr (why not simply P? Naming conventions are funny)...since it’s been mentioned that they don’t seem to relate to each other simply because they have the same 4 substitution.

But what about your favorite of each, say DOC vs ..2ce if I’m paying attention. What does 2ce lack that makes it not a DOC substitute with half the duration?

Good question. Who can say? 2C-P is 2C-P, after all, not 2C-Pr.

2C-E lacks nothing, but it's very different from DOC. 2C-E is emotionally very intense, and analytical, and deeply psychedelic, even ego dissolving sometimes. It is heavy duty, balls to the wall psychedelia. DOC is more friendly, warm, socially adept, uniformly positive, and worldly. DOC reminds me of mescaline as much as it reminds me of LSD, and also 2C-C. 2C-E is, to me, not like that at all. They're both amazing drugs, they're just different. I wish I could take DOC and choose to have it last half the duration (so like as long as LSD instead of twice as long).