• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy DOM Thread

5-7mg will get you a decent experience,make no doubt.If not,you have tolerance or the material is not okay.Waiting 48hr's will not be enough if you've already taken 5mg.

Wait a month,prepare yourself for this,and only for this experience,and then take 7-10mg and enjoy the ride.This is not a compound leaving you guessing if its active,no fucking way!I promise!

The tranquilizing drug Chlorpromazine, frequently administered to calm an LSD taker who has had a panic psychotic reaction, was found to intensify and worsen adverse reactions to STP, leading some doctors to believe that STP like Chlorpromazine, resembled Atropine and hence one potentiated the other.

This is often repeated, but incorrect piece of information. DOM responmds to antipsychotic phenothiazines in a similar manner as LSD. psilocybin etc. This bit of misinformation occurred as it was confused with PCP, which also made it's appearance on the underground drug scene in 1967 - take chlorpromazine on top of PCP and things will get worse due to PCP's anticholinergic activity

I will whole heartedly back up Hugo24s judgement on this stuff. It is no easy ride but definitely worth it once in a long while. Thanks to all those who warned us earlier in this thread. Treat with respect.

i think the mystery has been solved the syringe i was using to measure has two different increments (cc and m) i drew the liquid up to 5m which is a little more than .3 cc. if 1cc =1ml it would seem i ingested about 350ug of DOM, its amazing that this had an effect but it did. now i wonder if their would be tolerance from 1/15th a psychedelic dose? i may attempt 5mg tomorrow. btw i have no idea what the 'm' increment i used stands for.
thanks everybody

Never found the ride that distressing, but then again I have an unhealthy liking for stimulants. That said, I've never gone over a 5mg dose - I imagine coming up on 10mg would be a bit of a white knuckle ride, especially if you didn't do something to dissapate the energy it gives you.

The depth of experience it provides though is quite incredible (at 5mg) - the only other phenethylamine I've had that even comes close in that aspect is 2C-E

hamhurricane said:
...it would seem i ingested about 350ug of DOM, its amazing that this had an effect but it did...
Coming This Summer to a Thread Near You:

THE PLACEBO EFFECT

Starring (in order of disappearance)

Matt Damon as Xorkoth
Will Smith as Samadhi_Smiles
Hamhurricane as Himself
IceT as F&B
Pee Wee Herman as Youkai

and

The Late George Carlin as the Evil Drug Pusher
"Get on the plane?! Let Evil Knievel get ON the plane! I'M getting IN the plane!!"

I get to be played by Ice T? Not bad (pretty cool in fact); I'd have gone with Hugh Laurie or George Clooney (if I was feeling particularly vain!).

Hugh Laurie (House) is the only one with any chance of getting the accent right - well short of somebody actually from NE England who already has a geordie accent, but I don't even want to think about being played by Jimmy Nail (Oz in 'Auf Weidersehn Pet)... =D =D

Last edited:
Me susceptible to the placebo effect? IMPOSSIBLE. ;)

i encourage all doubters to consume 350ug of this material and buckle their seatbelts for a rollercoaster ride up to the threshold!

No placebo effect,hamhurricane is right.I tried DOB down to the miniscule amounts,200ug clearly gave effects,I suspect even 100ug might be felt.This 200-400ug btw resulted in very good spirits on a otherwise boring working day,I liked it.It might work with DOM similarly.

You know, that reminds me of my low-dose DOC trials. I have taken DOC at 400-500mcg several times and it produces definite effects. Granted, DOC (and DOB) are more potent than DOM, but still, the DOXs are some damn potent chemicals. This is why they work on blotter.

Like hugo's experiments with DOB, I found low-dose DOC to be an excellent day enhancer, although I like it at 1-1.5mg better for this.

Xorky, how high have you taken DOC, w/o significant tolerance?

And given DOB, DOC, and DOM (and having never tried them) in what order would you take 'em on separate trips?

I'm gonna be ready around X-mas time... :D

<<<<<<<<<<<<<< BOOOOOIIIIIINNNGGG!

Without tolerance, the highest I have taken it was 4.5mg with a 1mg redose later on. My best trip on it was at 3.5mg though. With tolerance I have taken it up to 8mg. At that level I got very significant vasoconstriction to the point that it scared me. At the lower levels I get some definite vasoconstriction but not enough to really bother me at all. I did not used to get vasoconstriction from it and I feel like it may have started due to my overuse of it at one point.

I prefer DOC over every DOX I have tried (DOB, DOC, DOI, DOM). That said, I have not had a proper trip on DOI or DOB. I find DOC to be the most euphoric and quite psychedelic indeed, although DOM is certainly more psychedelic (and probably DOB as well). DOC has some wonderful qualities... it doesn't cause much anxiety and the bodyload is generally quite pleasant. And then after the peak, the plateau stage is absolutely wonderful for me... it produces a state of euphoria that lasts for about 16-24 more hours which is absolutely priceless... it's one of my favorite feelings in the world. None of the other DOXs produce this plateau stage for me, including DOM. DOM, however, produces a more intensely psychedelic state, and has a lot of force, like LSD can.

All of the DOXs have a lot of force, though, including DOC. All of them take you over pretty completely and create a fully immersive psychedelic state that you cannot ignore. I find them all extremely visual and they're not to be taken lightly (I'm sure you already realize this however).

So to order them, I'd do:

DOC, DOM, DOB, DOI

And if I were looking for the most psychedelic trip possible, I would put DOM first. All things considered I definitely enjoy DOC the most of the 4.

Oh, and I've also tried DOT... I have not yet had a full dose but I found it to produce a "Beth state" at 3.5mg; that is, it was kind of generic, not pleasant, not unpleasant. It was kind of weird and... bleh. It may turn into something worthwhile at a higher dose.

hugo24 said:
No placebo effect,hamhurricane is right.I tried DOB down to the miniscule amounts,200ug clearly gave effects,I suspect even 100ug might be felt.This 200-400ug btw resulted in very good spirits on a otherwise boring working day,I liked it.It might work with DOM similarly.

Yeah I found 250ug of DOB to be ideal for a sunny day wandering around my home city visting friends one weekend. Made me irritating good natured and full of joie de vive - not to dissimilar to 2C-B, but without the confusion.

Once you go over 1mg though, that's when things start to get *adopts spooky voice* like weird maaaaaan! =D

it seems i may come in contact with this great chem, hopefully report some good results

DOM is a true werido, never has a chem been farther from my expectations. with little/no tolerance at 5mg i had almost no hallucinations, mild psychedelic thought patterning, and an almost unbearable body load. it felt like my jaw muscles were undergoing ECT for 10 straight hours. i went swimming in public pool with a bunch of friends also on DOM and had no trouble whatsoever doing laps. it did not bring my group of friends together in fact if anything the trip emphasized our differences and we spent a lot of time being irritated by one another. DOC is a lot more 'fun' and classically psychedelic for me (more visual too) but perhaps DOM is more therapeutic.

DOM should be noted for its extreme emotional latitude, if there ever was a drug with neutral push it is DOM, i could feel despair and joy with equal facility. and even though i was at a +3 the entire time, it almost felt like i wasent tripping at all...if you catch my drift.

Wow, that's interesting. I've been wanting time to try DOM and that's not what I would have expected either. So your trip felt like mostly body load? What kind of body load?

It's interesting that you didn't find it incredibly psychedelic. You should write up a tiny trip report if you have the time. There's not too much information on DOM.

in fact if anything the trip emphasized our differences and we spent a lot of time being irritated by one another

Yeah it made me a bit manic for about an hour - well OK a lot manic - that aside it was great tho

cegli said:
So your trip felt like mostly body load? What kind of body load?

extreme muscle tension, even after taking a large dose of magnesium and about 3mg of valium. most of the tension was centered in my jaw. while riding the subway there were moments where i started to get a type of hallucination PEAs sometimes give at low dose, where the ground or ceiling starts to produce a network of shifting cracks. other than that everything was visual enhancement with an attractive sparkle but nothing too far from what my sober eyes would have seen.

DOM did have a disporportionately strong auditory component for me and two other friends. sometimes i would hear a friend say something and turn to them to see that their mouth was closed and they had not said a word. i could hear breezy phantom murmering like the sounds of a distant party on and off throughout the trip. at one point i tried talking to a friend and he said my words floated away from my mouth and he could not hear them, he could only see my mouth moving.

of the five friends on 5mg only one had a great time and the rest were either thumbs sideways or thumbs down. i think in the future i will either have to up the dose to 7 or 8mg so that its hallucinatory effects will be more prominent and bare the body load, or i will take 2 or 3mg as a launching pad and then take 20mg of 4-aco-dmt on top. or as i stated earlier 350mcg enhanced my day like you would not believe!

How stable is DOM?

I had a collection of various rcs sitting in a closet that got pretty hot during two summers. Some of the chemicals definitely were degraded. For instance, there was some 2c-e in there, and 35mg is now comparable to about 25mg.

I was wondering if DOM is more stable of a chemical. I have a friend who told me DOX compounds are very stable, and even in unfavorable conditions, they will last a very long time. I have the chems stored in a much better place now, so no worries in the future. Just wondering about the stability of DOM and if I should be expecting to see some degradation....i read over the thread and it looks like it will probably be good to go.
This chemical, by all accounts, sounds amazing. I cannot wait to give it a whirl.

hamhurricane, could you compare the body load of DOM to any other chemical you have taken?

Last edited: