• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy DOC Thread - Third opinion

My friend lost my scale so I was wondering if I could dose by licking the end of a paperclip and dip it in the DOC to cover the end. Would one dip be about 1mg?

No. If your DOC is a similar consistency to mine then each little grain/crystal can significantly vary in size/weight/density and I've found individual grains that aren't far off 1mg by themselves so this sounds like a recipe for disaster, IMO.

The cost of a new set of scales would be negligible compared to the amount of risk involved without them.

About the DOX and NBOMe: I would agree that DOX are pretty safe, the therapeutic index is I guess medium at least. As for NBOMe's, I think people should know about them, and a seemingly zealous campaign is not meant to demonize but to try to get as much attention on it as possible, so that people can make educated choices and will have to accept the consequences. The heroin mega-thread does certainly warn people about stuff, I have never done that but have taken so many opiates that they will always be a sensitive point for me probably the rest of my life. Only 2% doesn't relapse apparently, although I feel that it matters that I did not do IV heroin but things like intranasal oxy and oral opium.

So yeah working on HR should happen in all forums appropriately, I wouldn't want to keep the development of NBOMe's being distributed hugely just because statistically there are much more fentanyl fatalities. It's not my department frankly but yes that is a whole other ballpark of danger.

About smoking DOC, from what I understand (second hand experience) it compresses the awkward come-up phase from several/many hours into an hour or less. And it should then kick into full gear much quicker and give you what you took it for. I always planned to use DOC in some parenteral way to achieve that, but I have not had the opportunity yet. Right now tripping is not really an option let alone a really long one like DOX. Housing situation :\

^ eh.

while i disagree with SBBJ on how dangerous DOx's are, i don't see any reason why we should censor him. this is a harm reduction forum, after all, and he has references for all of his claims.

i think that his DOx safety thread would be a worthwhile addition to the OPs of the DOx compounds. everyone at least deserves to hear what he has to say and then decide for themselves.

^ eh.

while i disagree with SBBJ on how dangerous DOx's are, i don't see any reason why we should censor him. this is a harm reduction forum, after all, and he has references for all of his claims.

i think that his DOx safety thread would be a worthwhile addition to the OPs of the DOx compounds. everyone at least deserves to hear what he has to say and then decide for themselves.

His claims are psuedoscientific, anti-DOx garbage.

If you disagree with his views, follow him to his thread and debate them civilly, backing up any claims with sources. Otherwise, you're both entitled to your opinions, don't spam the wrong thread.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1847213

The 5-hydroxytryptamine2 agonist, (+-)-1-(2,5-dimethoxy-4-bromophenyl)-2-aminopropane stimulates the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis. II. Biochemical and physiological evidence for the development of tolerance after chronic administration.

this is probably why DOC makes me feel like my adrenal gland is functioning at peak performance. It (probably considering DOB does) regulates the HPA axis which is pretty much the part of your brain that learns without thinking!

edit: NOT because it's like meth as mr. steamboat suggested

Last edited:
I ordered some DOC today. My plan is to dissolve it in Wodka. Because I want start very low (200 ug) I was planning to use 1MG/10ML. Is that possible will everything still be devided equally when you put so little in such relative big amount of Woda?

you sure you want to go that dilute? at that concentration, a 3mg dose will be 30ml of vodka.... nearly a whole shot. not sure if you want to get a bit of an alcohol buzz while dosing your DOC.

they make oral syringes that are accurate to 0.1ml. if you had one of those you could still accurately measure out 200ug of a 1mg/ml solution.

and yes either way your solvent will be evenly distributed in your solution.

I ordered some DOC today. My plan is to dissolve it in Wodka. Because I want start very low (200 ug) I was planning to use 1MG/10ML. Is that possible will everything still be devided equally when you put so little in such relative big amount of Woda?

Like pharmakos mentioned, I would use 1mg/ml.

I use it myself for low doses like you're aiming for. I dissolved 10mg in 10ml of white rum and as little as 160mcg gives me a nice *very mild* amphetamine-like buzz throughout the day. I dose in the morning since it still takes 12+ hours to run its course and sleep is excellent.

750mcg at the zoo was memorable as well :)

Like pharmakos mentioned, I would use 1mg/ml.

I use it myself for low doses like you're aiming for. I dissolved 10mg in 10ml of white rum and as little as 160mcg gives me a nice *very mild* amphetamine-like buzz throughout the day. I dose in the morning since it still takes 12+ hours to run its course and sleep is excellent.

750mcg at the zoo was memorable as well :)

How does this effect your tolerance of DOC and/or amps in general? And how many times do you use it?

How does this effect your tolerance of DOC and/or amps in general? And how many times do you use it?

I had already replied to this a few days ago on my phone but apparently something went wrong.

I don't know about tolerance to amps in general, because I stopped using them.
Tolerance for DOC or other psychedelics is not really affected IMO.

I have to add I only do this once a week. Mostly I leave 5-12 days in between.

EG: Saturday I took 160mcg DOC. The next sunday (+8 days) I took 4mg aMT, and had a "trip" as expected. Maybe even slightly longer-acting, but that might have been due to other reasons.

To be as complete as possible: I'm on a Noopept regimen, 10-15mg daily in the morning (1 month on - 1month off).

I suppose my tolerance is usually baseline, or, if affected, at least so subtle that I don't notice it.

Sometimes when I don't "micro-dose" I do a medium-strength trip (lastly 15mg 4homet) and I didn't notice tolerance.

In August I used nothing for 3 weeks because I planned on using MDMA. 100mg worked like a charm.

BTW: 750mcg at the zoo helped me get over some fears. We have a batcave in the zoo in which you can walk around. The bats flying around constantly. You feel the air whooshing past you but they don't touch you. It's dark in there so your mind plays tricks, but I went in there a second time just to try a meditative approach. Was really fun !

Last edited:
How I miss DOC. :( I have had some of my most visually intense trips from this wonderful substance. I love the clarity of the trip as well! But I must say, the comedown is rough without a benzo. I remember tossing and turning for hours, scratching myself all over like some tweaker.

Maybe I'll acquire some more in the near future. Although I think I want to explore DOM more, or maybe another DOx (DOB perhaps?) or even give 2C-P another try. I am a fan of these long duration psychedelics.

Your experience sounds tough. How much DOC was used?

I typically dosed around 5-7mg (+/- a few mgs, I used a $25 milligram scale rather than volumetric dosing).

But I have to say, I think I am more sensitive to the stimulating effects of LSD and DOx and similar long-lasting psychs than most people. I get the worst insomnia from LSD; it's absolute torture to fall asleep without a benzo.

5-7mg for me is a really high dose, I've done DOC countless times but I still prefer 3mg or at the most 4mg. I actually want to try 5mg again but I find 4mg very strong. At 3mg I do sometimes still get restlessness when trying to sleep at the end, but the body feels nice and comfortable throughout.

Every milligram of DOC makes a big difference... why didn't you use volumetric dosing? it's really easy.

I found the 5mg area to be pretty perfect for me. Strong visuals but a very clear headspace. Minimal anxiety.

Like I said, I think my difficulty sleeping is more about me and my reaction to stimulating psychedelics than the drug itself. I have taken DOC with friends and watched them take a nap around the 12-15 hr mark, whereas for me, any kind of shut eye is a pipe dream. Even keeping my eyes closed to explore CEVs can be difficult at times.

I haven't used DOC in a few years... I was a mixture of lazy, confident and not worried about the difference between a few milligrams. However, I am actually planning on using volumetric dosing for the first time once I acquire some 3-MeO-PCP. I'm looking forward to the precision.

This past weekend, I ingested 3 mgs and was planning to hike. Not a first. However about an hour and a half after I dropped, I began to get hot and about five minutes later, I puked up the pill casing and a bunch of bile. Didn't end up hiking, but after about five hours my stomach settled down and I played with my puppy for a good bit, then she snoozed while I played guitar. Didn't get much with visuals, but this tends to be a seeing traces type drug. Sleep was jagged and intermittent, but I was able to take a three hour nap the following morning, before a grueling 19.5 hour shift. I feel I'm veering off topic, so I digest..... [sic].

All in all, it was ok. I'll try this dose again, maybe lower, but am getting closer to my sweet spot with this substance