• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy DiPT Thread

I love DiPT! I've ingested it three different ways: insufflated, smoked, and IM'ed - each produced radically different effects.

Insufflated always produced an auditory experience with very little psychedelic properties.

Smoked (HCl salt): always produced very sever psychedelic effects but very little body/auditory effects.

IM: I only IM'ed this twice, once at 15mg and once at 25mg with 40mg DPT. The first time was just a normal experience, similar to 20mg insufflated. The second time was radically different. The DiPT synergized so well with the DPT I did not recognize either drug. The auditory effects were unlike anything I had heard before and the psychedelic reality shone through with a brilliance matched only by my 5-MeO-DMT experiences. Combine that with the most realistic visuals I have ever seen and it was a great learning experience. It's something I wish very much to repeat, but I have to be very careful. I couldn't communicate with anyone and was not ready for the depths I was taken to.

I have yet to try DiPT orally, but IM seems to be the way to go. I would like to experiment with oral DiPT combined with IM DPT, but I'm holding off on that for a while.

Fragbait, I find it interesting that you have tried dipt just about everyway except eating it. Why? I seem to recall you mentioning that the dosing was very hard to predict by this route, but how did you come to this conclusion without first hand experience?(sorry if you didn't make this comment, but I think I saw in an Erowid trip report) It just seems interesting that the overwhelming majority of reports I read involve people eating it, quite successfully. And a quick rundown of how each different methode varies would be helpfull(duration, body load, ect)

Well, when I first obtained this drug I was a poor college student trying to find every way to make the most of my drugs. So I insufflated instead of eating it. I don't do that sort of thing anymore - I'll never snort DiPT again. The reason I thought DiPT was hard to predict orally is just an assumption I have based on all of the experiences I've read. Some people take 25mg and say the auditory effects last for 24 hours, others take 150 mg and get nothing but auditory effects, which are gone by bedtime. Then there are people like MGS who have +4's on 70mg. Yet in my experience, people who snort 20mg always get about the same level of effets, and the same for insufflating 40mg.

Here's the requested rundown:

Snorted: alert in t+10m, peak in t+45m, down in t+4h
Some report very strong, positive bodyload, but I never got that.

IM'ed: alert in t+7m, peak in t+ 30m, down in t+4
About the same as insufflated, but I got a good bodyload, it was smoother coming up and down (but more intense), and of course you don't have to deal with burn or drip.

The DPT+DiPT combo has been my favorite for quite some time. I've only experienced it once, but it sent me into the strongest +3 I've ever had, until I broke into a +4 where I was aware of only the drugs. It was the first time I had experienced a true psychedelic trance, where I was taken there by the drug and not by myself. I came out of it believing I finally knew what experiences all of the famous names in the psychedelic world are talking about. I remembered a report by MGS about sitting on his favorite rock, and I thought I knew what we wrote about. I've never had a thumbprint, but I can't imagine it being much more instense than that.

Definately not for everyone.

Thanks for the info, thats exactly what I was looking for. I agree that the threat of not hearing right for a good 24 hours has made me very selective in choosing a time to taste this one. Well, we'll see how long it does last...

the threat of not hearing right for a good 24 hours has made me very selective in choosing a time to taste this one.

A very wise choice - for my first experience with this chemical, I was not as selective as I should have been as to a good time to do it, and I ended up having to go to the store with my mom, who sounded like a man... wrong, so wrong...

^^ LOL. Actually, I've come to really enjoy going out and talking to normal people while on DIPT. It's just so freaking odd, it's like its own kind of trip. Audio-delic. :)

Yeah, it is kind of interesting talking to normal people and trying to play it off like they DON'T sound like evil robots... But this can get a little un-nerving after a while! At least it did for me... maybe on a smaller dose, it wouldn't be so bad.

I would post this in the Trip Reports forum, but I don't type a lot so I'll put it here.

I am somewhat of a lightweight when it comes to most drugs.
I ate DiPT for the first time today at 10am (30mg), fell asleep for about 25-30 minutes, then got up and left to eat breakfast. I live in the dorm at college, so I have to go to the lunchroom about a block away. I went inside and got some food. I had cereal, eggs, and sausage. I ate the cereal and some of the other stuff but soon felt really sick. It smelled really salty and greasy and almost made me vomit. I couldn't eat it so I got up to leave, starting to shake. I got back to the dorm at about 11am, then curled up on my bed about 15 min, feeling a lot of nausea and anxiety. I went to the bathroom and got diarrhea. When I got back to my room I felt GREAT. It was even better than oxycodone. For the next 5 hours or so I played some music on my piano and listened to CD's to hear the weird sound alterations. I couldn't believe the intense euphoria I had on this, I really didn't expect it. I also smoked about 5mg of 5-MeO-DMT around noon, which was awesome.

If I was using Shulgin's scale, I would say this trip was a +2, and a +4 when I took the 5-MeO-DMT.

I think next time I take DiPT, I'll go to a party with helium balloons, and maybe get some nitrous oxide to experiment with voice pitch.

I did 50mg yesterday . Was not enought , i decided to take an other 50mg about 1.5 hour later .

The little buzz is ok , but nothing realy great . For the sound distortion , i dont like it . Look like this stuff stick in your throat and block EARS to nose or mouht passage . I dont think this drug affect the brain for the sound , i think it block everything like if you got flu . I still feel everything is blocked in my ears and its now more than 16hours after i took the stuff .

If i block my nose with my finger and push air , i can taste something like 5 meo dmt .

THe little buzz got some anxiete and paranoiya , i cant believe this crap is legal .

dipt is not good at all and i almost think its dangerous imo .

^^^ How did you "do" your DiPT? Nose? Mouth?

100 mg DiPT is a rather large dose anyway. But may I ask if you're on any meds?

And I really really doubt that DiPT's action on hearing is because it psysically blocks them!

Though I am glad people are not liking it. This means lower peices and later scheduling forthose who do, yay! lol.

I've done DiPT (orally) a few times now (30mg each time). Every time I've had a harsh comeup. I get nausea, anxiety, and diarrhea, but luckily it only lasts about 30 min at the most. Does anyone else get this? Should I just let it happen or is there something I can do to make it more comfortable?

I get slightly more nausea and related anxiety from DIPT than from other tryptamines. But the dose (for me) is much higher: I got some nausea from 70mg DiPT, not really any from 55mg. Never gone as low as 30mg.

The answer: smoke a little pot immediately after dosing. Too much can increase the anxiety but 1-2 hits for me just smooths out the nausea.

The last time I did DIPT I really noticed how during the peak of the auditory effects it made me feel partially deaf, like my head was "blocked" as you say, in addition to the pitch shift downward. Most sounds were very faint and the world seemed very far away.

An interesting side effect of this, which my wife pointed out, was that I would compensate by talking too loud, and too high. She kept asking me if I was doing one of my "funny" cartoon character voices, although I sounded completely normal to myself. This made me very self-conscious at the time, but now I think it's pretty damn hilarious.

Well at 20mg's, DiPT produced a real effect lasting for about 5 hours. During the comeup, there were minor visuals but they faded away after 30-45 minutes. There was very little in the way of side-effects at this amount. However, when the dosage was doubled to 40mg's, the experience became somewhat unpleasant. There was a tremor and noticable vasoconstriction, the auditory effect seemed even more pronounced and this lasted for 8 hours. The visuals seemed like a cross between small amounts of 2C-I and DPT but with the 40mg's they only appeared for about 45 minutes to 1 hour. A FOAF took 30mg's and found the auditory effects to be disturbing. This lead to dysphoria and acute derealization. The auditory effect for this FOAF lasted about 4 hours.

Do the minor visuals of MiPT seem similar to DiPT in anyones opinion?

I found DiPT (at 70mg) much more visually active than MiPT (at 20mg). I can't even compare them as the visuals were totally different, with DiPT producing this green "strobe light' effect and strong CEVs. MiPT produced none of this. However, I took the MiPT during the day and the DiPT at night. With the settings so different, I hate to come to any conclusions.

I would like to share my first test drive in the wonderful world of dipt.

it really is so much more than the "auditory one" - calling it that is really not doing it justice. The experience took place just a couple of days ago.

3:15pm = ingestion of carefully weighed out 22mg of the recently obtained material. prior to ingestion I had eaten a bowl of salad. Forest walk follows almost immediately after ingestion. I start my Qi Gong exercises in the forest and realise shortly afterwards (roughly T+ 20) that all is not quite as it always is, but I am still unsure. "First alert" could be a red herring, you never know what is placebo when you are full of expectations.

3:45 = hmm... subtle changes in energy field perceived. Everything is so clear and I can focus on everything deeply, just not for very long. That mushroom feeling when you have eaten 2 or 3 little shrooms and you start coming up that tiny bit.

3:55 = I am definitely no longer able to hold it together. When I concentrate, I am realyl there, but there seems little continuity to what I'm doing. restlessness and impulsive tendencies are setting in.

4:00 = was that only 5 minutes? maybe I should go home...

4:10 - 4:30 sitting on the sofa ... remembering the walk home, where sounds became a bit muffled and my ears felt like ater a plane trip . . .poster on the wall is doing interesting things. who said dipt was not visual? not majorly so, but it does breathe and spin a bit, this cosmos on the wall... pleasant bodily sensations, nothing too strong, though . . .

I realise that my routine behaviour is not setting in all by itself . . . I am free to do what I want. well, I always am, but this strikes me very powerfully just now. More than on other RCs.

my partner's voice is getting pretty deep... a bit metallic . . . she has to leave . . . I'm alone . . . still not putting any music on ... see what other effects there are and a bit apprehensive about whether I'll be freaked out... go to my room . . . I read a bit, and reading is much easier then expected . . .some sexual exploration seems in order . . . playing with self is very very pleasant, and I can circulate my sexual energy and take it to any part of my body (well, almost, this is a skill I am still learning - though I feel that this drug might be a very useful companion for energy work exploration, sexual or other), and after a while of that and a few threshold orgasms I leave it at that withiut ejaculating. I feel wonderfully balanced, no desire for more of that despite the sudden decision to just stop and do sth else.

Ended up chatting a bit online and listening to music... now THAT was weird. Sachiko M & william Basinski & other experimental things sounded fairly normal (well, do they ever?) - perhaps more accessible than usual, but when I put on Nick cave I quickly decided that this wasn't a good time for this sort of sound . . . deep techno also sounded just so deep I thought it was from the darkest recesses of hell... and so metallic... voices so frog-like and metallic . . . lost track of time during all that.

6:00 Phonecall. Stupid me answers it. It's mum. But no problem. I decided not to compensate for my own perceived deep voice because hers sounded so deep and frog-like as well . . . had no idea whether I was talking too fast or too slow but decided not to let it bother me. Done in 5 minutes and no problems at all. Still, why do I anaswer the phone in this stae? I should know better.

6:15 A slight restlessness started coming back and I decided to lie down and listen to some binaural beat-based chakr/astral travel recording that I'm very familiar with in order to see what that would do. I was also unsure at this stage whether I was still coming up or peaking . . . decided it must be the peak after all, or perhaos even post-peak. As soon as that realisation came, I thought "maybe I should have taken more" . . . while before I thought "maybe it was too much?"

Anayway, with the time distortion still going strong, I heard details in that recording that I had never noticed before, and all the sounds were indeed so much deeper than usual. The recording seemed to be much much slower. And the voice was incredibly deep and metallic, like a computer. The effect was stronger than usual, and I realised once again how I can tune in to the subtle energy body that surrounds me and runs through me. Very nice.

Up to this moment I'd only had a very slight gastric upset (like a hint of indigestion without anything major). Now, lying on my back, waves of nausea came. After 30mins of the tape I get up and the nausea subsides.

7:00pm I now have about an hour left before my friend comes to pick me up to go to a gig. Hmm... I knew about this and had expecte to be post peak... and I am.
I realise that I'm out of skins (rolling papers) and go to buy some at the petrol station. A bit weord, all that, but not realyl a problem. Done before I'd even fulyl experienced the transaction and on the way home. The moon is fairly full and looks simply amazing. Time to roll a couple of doobs for later, then heat up some soup so I have something in the stomach before the beer drinking at the gig . . . needless to say, the music was nothing short of amazing. I was realy there and thought nothing except what i heard.

Oh, and digestion turned out just fine... including quite a few beers spread out over the night between 8:30pm and 1:30am. The spliffs made me feel VERY nice, zero paranoia. This, for me, is not always the case, so I'm very positively surprised. Next day = NO hangover whatsoever. Invited at friends for brunch. Had a great time, nice weather, and full of genuine appreciation for being with my friends and being alive. I often get this post-trip clarity and appreciation, but this time it was very mild and very light and very truly enjoyable. Nothing deep, just something very natural.

I will defnitely use this compound again soon, possibly in conjunction with nitrous + mushrooms.

I am naturally a little moody and have slightly bipolar tendencies, and for this reason many PSYs send me to the "dark side" for some of the time as well. This time, I certainly did see it (it is always there), but the material made it very easy for me to remember love and self-acceptance and gratefulness. It may have just been me, but I feel that the DIPT suggested this to me to some extent. It seemed to make it easy for me to go that way.

Perhaps not many people will get these effects from a mere 22mg, but then I am very sensitive to many substances. You may say my "insanity threshold" is fairly low, or perhaps that I am a lightweight, or that I am blessed with very sensitive receptors :).

DIPT is so much more than just auditory fun (effects which last well into the next day indeed, even after everythign else is back to baseline, along with a subtle euphoria), and if I had known how much I would like it I think Iwould have gotten my hands on more when it was still easily obtained.

Peace Love Light

:)

you think some k would go well with this? k really blows up most psychedelic experiences into absolute madness. K alone gives weird audio distortions, and could possibly really bring out any visuals dipt might have, since dipt seems like it lacks alot of visuals.

also, Do you think its a great drug to use for musicians? to gain ideas? write some really fucking trippy music?

DiPT remains one of the weirdest but most profound experiences I've had. I tried it at 50mg. The link to my report is here:

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=47042

I can't even describe how weird this substance is. I can't wait to try it again, except I'll make sure to be outside when I do. As strange as it makes music sound, its true profundity lies in what you can hear in nature.

I feel like DiPT blocks off a certain portion of your hearing, confirmed to me by a strange pressure in the back of the ears that it causes, sort of like when you're yawning. My theory is that it blocks a lot of the regular sound waves that we hear from reaching our eardrums, but because of this, we become sensitive to a huge variety of overtones and other sounds that are normally below our notice. it also seems to make me VERY sensitive to noise, as though I can hear vast distances. High-pitched noises seem relatively unaltered except with a wire-tension twang added to them, such as birds chirping or tire friction on the highway. Low-pitched noises seem to flange and appears to be vastly lower and hollow, and give me the impression of a bottomless depth. But strangely, middle-range noises like the sound of a car passing by are almost impossible to hear. Also, being outside, I could hear some sort of deep, vibrational communication coming from somewhere vastly far away, almost like cosmic whale-calls. All this weirdness combined with a very active tryptamine mindfuck combines to create one powerful experience, but it's all about your setting.

At a lower dosage, sounds just become deeper. At a higher dosage like the one I took, they no longer sound in tune with each other, and everything begins to sound metallic, especially male human voices.

Just read the report. it explains it better than I could here.

I'm not sure I'd want to combine a dissociative with it, and I definitely wouldn't want to write music on it. Music sounds wrong and frankly kind of creepy and unenjoyable on DiPT, at least at 50mg, in my opinion. Listening to the background noises of existence was much more fulfilling. DiPT gave me a greater understanding on the structure of sound, I think, but it's not great for regular music. Experimental sound-based music, perhaps.

A final note: lately I've become pretty good at tripping around people who don't know I'm tripping and acting fairly normal. DiPT is not something I'd ever want to try this with. Its effect on sound is so bizarre that ordinary communication is impossible. Never underestimate your sense of hearing to shape your perception of reality.

EDIT: Re-reading my own report above, I must say I no longer agree with everything I wrote. It happened about a year ago. But for the most part it communicates the experience well.

Last edited:
Anyone tried this plugged? I've got 100mg but with 50mg to get a full experience for me, I'd like to be able to conserve.

Also, has anyone tried combining it with a highly visual tryptamine? I'll bet THAT would be insane. or perhaps a phenethylamine.

Last edited:
morninggloryseed said:
But yeah, DiPT is best experienced at night in complete silence. And I believe it works best in nature.

Quoting an old, old post... just because I think this is totally, totally true. Nature is never completely silent, and DiPT gives a new meaning to the heartbeat of the world. Music only distracts and annoys, and prevents the truly psychedelic effects from manifesting.