• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy DiPT Thread

I am in the lick of it. This is probably the most benevolent feeling drug I've ever ingested, it's easier on the body than mushrooms and has a very pleasant mental aspect which I wasn't expecting. Certainly more meditative than stimulating from what I can tell. There is something plushy in the CEV but no real OEV other than some wiggles on long 90 degree angles. I am thoroughly enjoying all types of music, less-so vocal but it is by no means unlistenable I'm finding. I am currently listening to Autechre's EP7 which seemed like a necessity for this chemical and I was not incorrect. The aural elements do not restrict themselves to simple sound manipulation, I feel a strange dissociation from my surroundings as if I am a receiver antennae trapped in a wavelike void. There is something intrinsically environmental and emotional about the audio work too . Certainly more than met the eye, er.. ear on this one. I will be definitely be working with this one in the future some more. Also to comment on the feeling in the inner ear, I can feel it. It does not feel like tinnitus pressure but more like there is some actual change of operation in there.

In that case it is probably best that I wait until well into spring, so that it will be enjoyable to spend the better part of a day outside with DiPT. Meanwhile I'll try DOC and 4-AcO-DPT but this sunday I will probably first go for some aMT again.

I do wonder how playing the piano will be on DiPT, sounds like it will be hard or impossible. That sensation of something in the ear canal, is that like the strange pressure that can accompany random bouts of tinnitus?

Actually I was surprised to read about entities felt on DiPT, it doesn't read like it is that immersive. Then again I can imagine how a mostly non-visual drug can still be utterly alienating if I just recall MiPT.

Yeah DiPT is crazy, if you read or recall my trip report on it, I was quite perplexed with the mental effects, it was really bizarre for my vision to be 100% normal but to experience the world SO ALTERED through sound... plus it does give a trip feeling as well, quite a nice one actually. It was like not tripping but tripping at the same time.

And yes, the blocked feeling is actually quite similar to ear pressure from tinnitus, but more complete. A lot like if you've ever randomly felt little pulses in your arm, like tiny muscle spasms like you can get elsewhere on your body. But it stays that way constantly. Actually it sort of feels like it nearly deafens your normal hearing channels by swelling to cover them, and it allows you to hear something else. Or else that the pressure actually distorts the action of the middle and/or inner ear.

It also makes it seem like sound is coming from in your head sort of... like being tuned to some other source of sound.

EDIT: I just posted this after seeing Soli's post... turns out you had a lot of the same comments Diode :D 30mg... yeah the sound gets even more crazy at 50mg and above. I had 50mg the first time and it was the most I ever took.

I had to refer to my TR for the dosage I had, here it is while I have it: http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=47042

Wow, reading that was intense, I kinda re-lived the experience :)

EDIT AGAIN: I don't necessarily agree with every single thing I wrote anymore, but hey, I was tripping =D I was particularly interested to read my descriptions of the altered sense, I had forgotten some of that.

Last edited:
^^^ your descriptors of the sensory effects pretty much aligned with mine, I also got a HUGE mental effect. Amazing euphoria, emotional and mental content. At the peak it felt borderline entactogenic. I also used quite a bit of Cannabis when I felt it was right.

Before I smoked, I ran a simple 16* sawtooth with no release. I noticed it was phasing and layering pretty tightly, I kept it running while I smoked and it seemed the second the smoke entered my lungs a new, wider renegade phaser was added to the mix. This effect remained for a few hours with all perceivable sound including voice. This is extremely interesting in my mind, cannabis is the ultimate visual modulator, and it had the same effects on audio. I discovered with Cannabis that it seems to effect the gustatory and olfactory systems very distinctly as well, at least for me. After I took a few hoots the taste and smell of the smoke became totally foreign and alien, almost like a soft metal with a hint of melted sugar in it. The taste of the original smoke was "there" but it seemed as if it had been phased and relayered, repitched and realigned in the very same way as sound, leaving the original taste unrecognizable. I indulged in a few bananas and some tea also to find the taste had shifted wildly to something I can't describe. Cannabis also offered some OEV activity in the dark, and some mild CEV tunneling. Very impressive.

By the 12 hour mark I was totally baseline. I listened to a lot of my favourite tracks and they were more or less improved by the chemical, the aural complexities and encapsulation are something I've never experienced so fully. This drug is unique, I've never felt anything quite like this. I'm honestly surprised it never received more attention, maybe I just have exotic taste. A true psychedelic, just atypical.
Sound had returned back to normal completely by the 10th hour, no lasting tinnitus or strange sensation in the ears. Duration was 7-8 hours of true effect. No diuresis or any sort of toxic body response noted at all aside from the ear sensation, which at the moment seems a harmless thing if you don't abuse this drug. My heartrate only increased when I introduced Cannabis and it went back down quickly. Overall this was a 10/10 experience, I can't wait to go a bit higher and see what else it has to offer.

I discovered with Cannabis that it seems to effect the gustatory and olfactory systems very distinctly as well, at least for me.

Yes it has recently been proven!

It sounds like 30 mg can already be a pretty serious experience Diode, yet MGS recommended me to just drop my 80 mg. Hmm don't know what to think. Maybe a try with 10 mg before using the rest is still a better idea. Unwritten titration rules and all. ;)

I am really fascinated by the smell/taste alterations you reported, the only substance I know of that seems to significantly rearrange taste is those miracle berries (look it up if you haven't heard of them). I don't remember experiencing any taste alterations, and I did smoke cannabis on it, but I most likely didn't try to eat anything until much later. That was my only full-dose experience with it, I have had several low-dose experiences and I enjoyed them, they felt good, and sound lowered sometimes rather sharply, but the full range of effects was not experienced at all.

This makes me want to try it again...

Yes it has recently been proven!

It sounds like 30 mg can already be a pretty serious experience Diode, yet MGS recommended me to just drop my 80 mg. Hmm don't know what to think. Maybe a try with 10 mg before using the rest is still a better idea. Unwritten titration rules and all. ;)

Yeah, certainly start that way instead. I couldn't imagine being truly overwhelmed by this chemical unless you really pushed it to the ceiling but proportionally to my experience; 80mg seems like it'd be quite a bit especially if you found yourself not to enjoy the effects. I would recommend giving music a try, people report destruction of harmony but I never experienced anything of the sort. Perhaps I found a subjective harmony in the destruction but I really have a hard time with that as I actually experienced enhancement in music for the most part.

I'd like to throw this out, since that dose my hearing seems to have become more "broad". I have become much more attached to the world through sound, and I was very much so before the experience with DiPT so this is quite something. Everyday audio elements that I always tuned out, or never payed any attention are now being directly delivered to my perception. Things that you always hear, but don't process unless you direct attention to it, kind of like the nose in-between your eyes :p . Musically, background elements and atmospheres that normally go unchecked in everyday listening are now at the forefront of my audio perception always. These are the pieces that you usually tune into with psychedelics IE "hearing it for the first time, you can hear everything etc" (the things people say, you know what I'm talking about) . In everyday environment I've noticed it more legitimately, the morning after my dose I unscrewed my toothpaste to find the sound of unthreading the cap was unignorable, and I realized I had never processed that noise before in my entire life. I have many other examples but this one will suffice. I can't stress it enough, I almost jumped when I heard the noise because it was a brand new sound in an act I had performed countless times.

Now, is this a development related to the DiPT experience? I wholeheartedly believe so. I do not believe it's a result of DiPT's pharmacology though, I think some psychological filter has been raised (or damaged depending on how you look at it) and this is the result. This leads me to wonder about the nature of visual distortions post-psychedelic use, and whether they may be due to the same sort of filter 'damage'.

This experience has left me with so much, I almost feel guilty for my underestimation of what it would be and what it could offer. Sometime in the future I will be attempting a combination of DiPT and LSD because it calls to me. I'll keep this thread updated if I learn or experience anything new with DiPT in the coming months .

I'm glad you've decided to explore DiPT more, as you are a good communicator of these things so I feel you have a lot of potential to really contribute to the collective knowledge. I feel that DiPT is way underexplored, and a lot of people who do explore it don't ever get into communicating the subtleties of the state at all (they just say it feels good - which it does!). My interest in it has reawakened as well so hopefully sometime in the near future I can re-acquire some and add my own observations.

I think I'm gonna start with 10 mg on sunday and wait like 60-90 minutes just to be a little on the safe side, then drop an extra 55 mg or so. That should be enough, I can always try a higher dose another time. Hopefully I'll be tripping by noon.

My question is: how difficult is eating on DiPT? Is there a big problem eating somewhat fatty food for dinner? How difficult is sleeping if the trip has not yet ended?

I didn't find it to reduce my appetite although I didn't eat on it because wasn't hungry. But it didn't make me feel "un-hungry", if you know what I mean.

I'm glad you've decided to explore DiPT more, as you are a good communicator of these things so I feel you have a lot of potential to really contribute to the collective knowledge. I feel that DiPT is way underexplored, and a lot of people who do explore it don't ever get into communicating the subtleties of the state at all (they just say it feels good - which it does!). My interest in it has reawakened as well so hopefully sometime in the near future I can re-acquire some and add my own observations.

Thank you! hopefully I/we can move the DiPT knowledgebase up a bit! the Erowid page is bare as bones, there isn't even an effects page.

I think I'm gonna start with 10 mg on sunday and wait like 60-90 minutes just to be a little on the safe side, then drop an extra 55 mg or so. That should be enough, I can always try a higher dose another time. Hopefully I'll be tripping by noon.

My question is: how difficult is eating on DiPT? Is there a big problem eating somewhat fatty food for dinner? How difficult is sleeping if the trip has not yet ended?

That dose schedule will certainly get you somewhere interesting. Your supplement seems a little high, but who knows. I had an empty stomach when I wanted to dose, so I took the DiPT with a bowl of steak gumbo which is a little fatty, I had no issues. No anorexia from the chemical either. I was at full effect at the predicted 60 minutes. Peak hit about 3.5 hours in I think. With perfect honesty, I could have fell asleep during the trip very easily, in fact it almost seemed appealing. It didn't seem to stimulate at all in a way that would keep a person awake. Let us know how it goes!

45mg trial coming up sometime next weekend. I have been sick with a sinus infection and it was really messing with my ears so I didn't want to push it. It's worth mentioning I had never had a sinus problem that affected my ears until after DiPT.

I've been thinking a lot about the feeling it gave me in the inner ear and I'm totally stumped as to what it could be.

Yeah it's weird, I remember at times feeling a little concerned about it during the experience and when I still felt that way a little the next day at first.

I still think it's so cool that there is a psychedelic that works in such a different way from the rest. :)

On the one hand I am extremely fascinated by and curious about DiPT itself, let alone combinations with dissociatives or racetams... but on the other hand I am a bit concerned about any permanent changes affecting the ear or hearing, especially since I am devoted to my instrument (the piano) that I have been playing most of my life. HPPD of the vision I don't really mind that much, but I don't want my hands or ears getting fucked.
Still I trust the nature of psychedelia enough to give DiPT a try, tomorrow barring unforeseen circumstances (there have been before, like previous weekend). I will just do my best not to push it with previously mentioned combo's which might more or less be uncharted territory.

My plan is - still - to start with 10-20 mg, then wait about 1-1.5 hours then add to a total of about 50 mg. I am excited to do sound / music experiments, listening to different kinds of music and rediscovering mundane daily life SFX like most people do but also on the piano. Let me see if I can come up with some analysis besides enjoying myself and tripping earballs meditating on phat choonz.

The suggestion I heard earlier to take 70 or 80 mg without a second thought still sounds anti-HR, not in the least because I just read or reread some Erowid reports and there is one about a person approaching ego death on 74 mg.

Looking forward to reading about it. Let us know what kind of effects you experience with your initial dose before you supplement maybe? I'm curious about the low-dose capabilities of this chemical.

/me wishin you a pleasant DiPT journey but looks like you already had it? well ill just go read the report for myself.

I really don't think there are any permanent changed from DiPT, I have done it a handful of times and although it does produce some kind of physical change to your inner ear, it always goes away. I have not noticed anything that lasted beyond perhaps 24 hours at maximum.

I find the most interesting effects of DiPT by far are the changes in sounds you hear in nature, or in the background sounds of the world. Once you hit the higher doses of DiPT, for me anyway it makes music sound very dischordant and awkward (usually anyway). But the sounds I hear when I step outside are utterly fascinating and seem very communicative.

Communicative is the right word. Allow me to look at this as I am sure Terrence McKenna would...My first DiPT trip (75mg if I recall) was mostly outdoors and it became obvious the state of being well and and truly DiPTed is simply to allow humans to decode the sound of nature into messages from the DiPTed (say it as a word), which I believe to be a band of entities that were long ago exiled from the land of DMT entities. I believe that the formula for DiPT was planted into Shulgins brain by a DMT entity who was in love with a DiPT entity, and wanted to create mayhem because their love could never be realized.

When one gets well and truly DIPTed, they now hold the key to communicating with these creatures which are strange even to the DMT entities. I have no idea why they were exiled, one of them tried to tell me the convoluted story but he started getting emotional, irrational, and acted like he was on TV.

My question is: How difficult is sleeping if the trip has not yet ended?

I had no problem falling asleep 5 or 6 hours after 80mg of DiPT, that was back in Jan.

It's a little strange to read that you didn't experience any shift in tone at all especially considering the total dose. However, like aforementioned the tolerance gained from the onset of the initial dose may have been strong enough to inhibit it. I definitely felt like I had come up fully after the 1hr mark and that is around the point you took your second dose.

You did mention some slight difference in sound, and definitely got the connection to the world via sound that I think is one of the biggest thing this chemical has to offer. I know exactly what you're talking about in terms of the DMT-esque feeling in the outside world. I plan on exploring the two chemicals together at some point, possibly in nature. Thanks for the write up, I'll do one this weekend when I dose.

I've decided I'm going to introduce DMT to DiPT this weekend, if it seems apt of course. This seems to me to be one of the safest combinations that can be done, and even though this is only going to be my second time with DiPT I have quite a bit of experience with DMT so I don't think the beyond will punish me for being curious and explorative.

Maybe I'll be able to solve the mystery of the interconnection between the DMT and DiPT entities MGS is talking about ;)