• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy Diphenidine Thread

I read about metabolite accumulation from a chem that is similar to this one. But that guess was probably bullshit.
100+40mg (1hr) felt a lot weaker than 140 in one cap.
Dark, lonely, emtiness is a good summary of effects akerman. It also reminds me of diphenhydramine but not as trippy and scary.

Last edited:
First time this was sampled very little was remembered. Sampled again and combined approx 75 mg with up to 250 mg ketamine insufflation, with alcohol and weed. I was sure I'd put lights out at 1.30am and remember settling down for the night thinking it had not really affected me. When I woke in the morning my computer was fully powered down (both PC and monitor physically switched off). Yet when I checked my internet history (to be sure) my youtube favorites playlist had been going on it's own from about 1.30 until about 5am. Since I would never jut sit through that playlist video after video like that, I can only conclude I was sat in a fugue state for about 4.5 hours and remember precisely nothing from it. No wonder I was so tired the next day!

It's dissociative like a 'too much' dose of mxe, where you can lose hours (but possibly remember some bits like a dream), but without any of the pleasurable head-sledging feeling you get when a traditional arylcyclohexylamine kicks in. It's like MXE without the fun.

Also insufflation (my favorite ROA) is not recommended, VERY painful and made they eyes water.

Okay, first post, so bear with me.

I weight out 100mg of Diphenidine into a gel cap and a 40mg booster for if needed later on. I had fasted for 24 hours before I tried this as I really felt that I needed to empty my system of a lot of shit.

After an hour or so, the 100mg didn't seem to be doing much at all, or so I thought. I decided to just swallow the 40mg cap and see what happened. Very slowly, things started to get a bit crazy,

Over the course of four hours, I more or less sat contemplating why I had done this to myself. Music had turned completely metallic and I was hearing very strange noises. A conversation I was having with someone over facebook was freaking me the fuck out because I didn't realise the other person was drunk - I thought I was literally going insane. I distinctly remember being too afraid to go to the bathroom, despite none of my flatmates being in.

What really seemed to happen was how I imagined being "dissociated"; I didn't feel like I was in the room or house that I lived in. My room seemed to be twice the size it was before and I spent most of the time curled up in my bed incoherently posting on the internet. I do remember feeling like a giant then a midget very instantaneously, which was very strange. I'm just hoping that there will be no negative side effects after this.

The last half hour was fucking awful. I felt that this was it - I had finally reached a point of mental retardation. Nothing made sense. Words just... didn't work. Everything on facebook seemed 'pre-generated', much like the post of a spambot or something. I had this sort of dread as I slowly realised that everything was in fact pretty coreherent, I just couldn't make much sense of it. I felt like a different person, as if I had been 'reset' or something, which was scary. This invoked quite an emotional response in me. I more or less just rid it out, as it reminded me of a typical psychedelic trip in which you think that it's never going to end.

Eventually, it ended with a complete pop. I was back in reality. I felt that I had visited multiple different realities, mainly of paranoia, but I came out of it feeling fully refreshed. It's so hard to explain, but there was no 'comedown' or anything; I simply just, returned to normal. I felt great. I felt like a snake who had shed its old skin, mainly due to getting out of my sweaty clothes and putting on my bed time gear, sitting down with some water and chatting with a few friends on IRC. No after effects whatsoever. I took some benzos to get to sleep after a while, watched a movie and just let it do its magic.

Anyway.,. I don't have many experiences with Ketamine or other Dissociatives but I would... sort of recommend this to others. I do feel like the experience as a whole was very positive, but at the time, part of it seemed like a scene from Trainspotting. I probably seem like an idiot right now, but this was my thoughts on this.

'Nuff said, I feel good now. Real good. I'm glad I tried it.

Apologize if this isn't the best format of a 'trip report' per se, but its a good description on how it made me feel.

Thanks for listening.

After three consecutive trials with this novel research chemical I have found it to be very disappointing. I started very small and only had treshold dissociative effects before going to bed. Even while typing this I have doses as much as 90mg, 70mg and another 70mg over a course of 4 hours. I don't think I'm getting anything from this chemical whatsoever. Can anyone give me some advice? This has been the second time I tried this, last time being two nights ago. I even did a bit of 3-MeO-PCP earlier this day, but this didn't contribute to the diphenidine.

Might just be you need more, many have needed 100mg+ but work up slow. Only tried a small amount but interesting compound.

Third trial right now, I had a climax for about 15 minutes during which I felt like I was going upwards on a rollercoaster, I had massive euphoria and before this peak experience it reminded me of DXM in low doses without the icky body feeling and a much shorter come up and duration. I think I already have a bit of tolerance and that I might need 150mg to achieve some sort of "D-hole". I think I'll try again on Thursday. I also think the 3-MeO-PCP afterglow contributed greatly this time, because I was still experiencing heightened sense awareness, increase in empathy and sociability. I feel really great right now. Not noticing any of the emptiness reported by others. I feel compelled to further confirm the consensus that this is not a replacement for arylcyclohexylamines, but it is a real nice pacifier with a lot of potential.

This stuff is pretty awesome. I don't have any trouble remembering these experiences, but I can't speak for higher dosages. It's also not as addictive as MXE or other dissociatives. I'm gonna write a summary of my experiences when I finish whatever I have left. I only ordered 500mg of this stuff, so I'll probably put it online sometime soon.

Edit: I also think the weed contributed a lot. I feel that tingly body feeling coming up again. Really interesting stuff! Can't really compare it to anything else, and I have used DXM, ketamine, MXE, 4-MeO-PCP, 3-MeO-PCP and nitrous. I guess I can kind of relate it to DXM and MXE a bit, but it's still fundamentally different.

Last edited:
I posted somewhere else about this so in short after several experiences:

No idea about dose- not much to total amnesia unforgiving, have yet to get it right

Amnesia occured several times in different ways, one I dosed oral and I nasally expecting little effect whilst watching southpark. Dont remember end Apparently I needed help undressing and getting to bed. Blank

At parent house after dose I was found in kitchen "awake but no one home" in kitchen. . Scared non user apparently was told to turn off xbox and get sleep. 1hr later I came back downstairs and asked "did I sleep walk earlier? " told above. Vague recollection. Think passed as sleep walking but caused concern

Dosed low (not sure exact but lower then previous) to pass time while baby sitting house while plumber working. Thought fell asleep on sofa. Vague wake up as he left hours later cant remember conversation but he may totally busted me and mocked me. He txt partner out of concern pretty sure I was not thrashing around or anything. Passed as being on "medication"

Dosed at night. Music on. Dark trip. Sinister evil force and, well, blackness. Listening to orb willing light /good trip. Total absence glow. Redosed 6am remember cuddling up to partner. 45min music. Partner wakes. Has bath. Hears me shouting name: used to me but runs to aid was on floor. I remember coming to and thinking I had a stroke...then lack of drama made me think I had been in coma unknown time scale. Another 30min to grasp reality. Told had been "posturing" earlier in night. Sat upright staring into space making sounds. No memory of that....exhausted slept day with after low similar to mxe but it took above to achieve.

From above risks are obvious.

Unlike mxe (so far) had not suffered rise in blood pressure and pulse which was mxe side effect on occasion past a&e visit come down feeling stupid and discharge self to leave bed to someone worthwhile

Snorting hurts. Really. Like first bump eyes watering. After kinda gets used and easier.

Most falls out nose either immediately or when nose streams. Good prep essential to crush fine. No idea dose due to re dosing

Oral possibly more active and not too slow onset. But it keeps on setting! Waves of effect So really hard to predict from min to many hours

Despite Redoses and miss judgement no real binge feeling like mxe. Maybe longer duration and amnesia takes out of you.

No wayd I'd do this socially

At no point have I taken more total 300mg in divided doses. Estimate 30-80mg depending tolerance after above.

Be careful with this

I have a summary written down right here: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/702009-(Diphenidine)-First-four-trials-very-promising

@missimoo: Too bad about your more negative experiences. I do agree with you this can be quite difficult to manage in social occasions, but I haven't tried this out yet. I might test the waters with methoxphenidine in the future.

I dosed orally about 2pm guestimate under 100mg, had nice drift to music onset 20min max, drifted of to sleep snug and rather pleasent woke fine (had to be "on call" last night so sleep deprived maybe 2hr max.

if you can get the "goldilocks dose" (not too little not to much) was nice head space. no universes opening up or visual trip, but for a fan of this type of drug, it was a pleasent float wrapped extra snug still mind (like meditation)

I think to get the most of this one, you have to learn the hard way what the dose range is for yourself, start small, build up over a few different trips and work out your own range..I had two small "bombs" of 50mg one 20min after first. it was no mind altering experience, but it ticked the right boxes as far as im concerned. bed, headphones, music. its no way MXE or K or even DXM its unique at the right dose to just feel. <<nice>> ...its easy to get nothing or a black out. but if you hit the spot. i'm a fan. (note like DXM i think redosing has minimal effect have at least a couple days to clear head. ive had another 100mg 2hr ago with no noticable effect compared to earlier.

steep learning curve but if no alternatives it is what it is. learning the hard way and the potential for people to mass "the new MXE" will lead to disaster in clubland etc. it needs respect and caution

Dizocilpine is self-administered by rats even in the presence of dopamine antagonists, but humans dislike it.
Now that's a broad generliization right there. Have always been wanting to get my hands on MK801, especially with that one glowing report on erowid about it, seems like it could be exactly my cup of tea. <3 rats

So, IV anyone yet? One guy on another forum said he'd prefer oral over iv, but he didn't go into detail. With dissociatives, I really like to be "instantly gone", completely incapactitated, just torn out of this reality altogether. Really sounds like I'm gonna be enjoying this one a lot.

I'm really not in the habit of taking drugs recreationally anymore, and I'd like to limit myself to one or two experiences with this substance. I just don't have any intentions to start very low and then work myself up until I find the sweet spot over five or more trials, especially not with how quickly tolerance builds to dissociatives. The less trials to figure out that spot, the better. Would therefore prefer to get a rough estimate of a proper IV dosage before I first try it.

Last edited:
100mg oral. Redosed 20min in 100mg oral 2hr trip.music on. Im feeling the love!!!!!

got a gram of this coming in the morning and was wondering which is it closer to mxe or 4-meo-pcp ?

that is a really tricky question to answer..... i would say that there are similarities between them all! and at the same time it is not the same as either mxe or 4-meo-pcp , IMO
i'd say diphenidine is a kind of MXE light :) in such a way as with the diphenidine, at memory loss stage, you are still fully physically able to move around and interact with others, i found this to be the case. watch out for that memory blank hole. also the mxe feels bit dirtier/chemically in its later stages... wheras with diphenidine did not feel so dirty (skin/nails/face). but MXE easy to insufflate, diphenidine and 4-meo-pcp v.bad drip and nose pain.

i'd say diphenidine is a kind of MXE light :) in such a way as with the diphenidine, at memory loss stage, you are still fully physically able to move around and interact with others
Yuk, really? I was hoping for something along the lines of...
[...]rather that the ‘falling off the cliff’ experience that I had on Diphenidine.
[...]than being sucked down into a shrieking vortex of insanity which is my experience of diphenide.

Kinda conflicting these reports... I was hoping for a full sensory shutdown that I can get with (im/iv) ketamine or very high doses of phencyclidine, but which MXE and 4-MeO-PCP have not been able to supply (while I just can't get to that level with DXM due to side effects). I really don't care for euphoria in dissociatives at all, in fact it was very bothersome for me in the case of MXE. Just leads to me doing stupid shit. That's why I was kinda happy to hear about this one.

crOOk; Well yes, the come up on orally injested diphenidine did come with euphoria although mild, much less stimulating than mxe. in my experience benzodiazepines can fuzz the experience out (ground you down) to remove a lot of the desire to get out on the streets and do crazy shit and fall over etc etc. could you be one of the first to dare to go in head first with 200/250mg oral? Maybe the benzo's counteract dopamine reuptake inhibition's effects but allow NMDA antagonism to take place. I do not know.

crOOk; Well yes, the come up on orally injested diphenidine did come with euphoria although mild, much less stimulating than mxe. in my experience benzodiazepines can fuzz the experience out (ground you down) to remove a lot of the desire to get out on the streets and do crazy shit and fall over etc etc. could you be one of the first to dare to go in head first with 200/250mg oral? Maybe the benzo's counteract dopamine reuptake inhibition's effects but allow NMDA antagonism to take place. I do not know.
Nah I will try around 150mg oral. I can usually take pretty hefty dissociative doses despite abstinence (e.g. I tried 4-MeO-PCP @ 1g rectal), but I don't want to black out. I won't combine the stuff with anything, most certainly not benzos since I've done some of the most stupid shit of my life on GABAergic drugs (both benzos and booze). It's just gonna be: door locked, key hidden, handy battery removed and hidden, facebook account removed from firefox profile. Those should be sufficient safety measures. ;)

No dissociative except for MXE ever caused me to have desire to communicate with the outside world. Well if ketamine and pcp ever did, I was pretty coherent by the time I did so. On MXE I was just behaving like a total fucking moron.

i love mixing mxe and ket with a stimulant once ive tried this thats the next step with it