• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Diphenhydramine Thread

Dreaming With Dope said:
There is one girl i know who is a daily DXM user (upwards of 250 everyday for the past year and a half) who says that DXM's OEV's are better than dropping 2-3 hits of VERY potent acid. Nobody likes her.

Well, brain scans could like her.. I mean, get this girl tested for NAN.

And here's a recent thread on DXM & visuals:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?postid=2236465#post2236465

Personally, I don't have much experience with Drama trippin, I've done it a few times and each time I did it, I tripped my balls off..... literally. My friend once took 54 Dramamine. I am surprised he lived through that. Dramamine is definetly an insane drug, but also a very dangerous drug with the potential to kill. Take care of your mind.

don't take this as me being bitchy, but i just do not understand why people do that shit. why on earth would you want to willingly overdose on a sleep aid, basically putting your brain to sleep but keeping your body awake? the chances of blacking out and remembering little to nothing of the experience is terribly high, and the rariations in how people react to diphenhydramine or dimenhydrinate are so extreme and unpredictable.

i've babysat several dram/benadryl/etc. trips, and i would never ever EVER do that to myself. i've seen everything from projectile vomiting (and i mean vomiting that could have won distance medals in the olympics) to people buying imaginary drugs from imaginary people in imaginary places. almost everyone i've tripsat for (and the doses varied from as low as 6 pills to as many as 24) remembered nothing that they did while they were 'tripping'. from what i've seen, these drugs are only useful for feeding to people so the rest of the people who aren't tripping can watch and be amused.

but seriously, these are drugs meant to put a person to sleep. i take 100-150mg of diphenhydramine at night to put me to sleep (and that's a high dose, but i have terrible insomnia and over several years i've gone from 25mg to this dose), and if i take it and stay up for a while, i get dizzy and absolutely retarded, to a point where my memory span is under a minute long and talking is virtually impossible; i forget what i'm saying halfway through a thought. and it's not a pleasant feeling by any means; i'm dizzy and stumbly and stupid. i don't even see how it could be considered a 'high' unless you consider any state outside of your default state to be a high. being on higher doses of these drugs can certainly prove to be dangerous; i'm not sure about what they do to the body, but if you're not watched every minute, it's not at ALL unlikely that you'll just wander off, thinking you're somewhere you're not, thinking you're with people that aren't there, etc. i have had to, on more than one occasion, literally follow people so closely that i might as well have been handcuffed to them, just to keep them from falling down stairs, walking into traffic, falling off a balcony, because they had NO IDEA where they were or what they were doing. out of all the trips i've been the babysitter for, only maybe 10% of them, if that, involved situations in which the person had any connection with reality.

maybe your experiences have never been like that, and if so, you're lucky and you're in a definite minority. i don't mean to condemn you; what you do with your body is your business, and as long as you don't infringe upon the rights of anyone else, you can do whatever you want. i'm sure the drugs i do and the things i do on them would bother some people, too. but i've just always been completely in awe and disbelief of this type of drug use because of what i've seen over and over again.

and i'll shut up now, because in the end, nothing i've said here matters to anyone but me.

---
> from the reports ive read, i wouldnt say dxm is like ketamine...
> ketamine is probly more visual and powerful, am i right?
---
My experience has been the opposite.
---
Namaste,
Cliff

---
> "ketamine is more visual"-- no such thing. dissociative visual
> aren't actual visuals, shit looks way different, you may
> hallucinate all kinds of crazy things, but there's no
> swirling/morphing/patterns/or trails.
---
My experience differs. My dissociative experiences have been confined to ketamine, DXM, and nitrous oxide.
---
Namaste,
Cliff

p.s. - I think I prefer ether to ketamine for the same purposes

---
> You cannot have OEV's on DXM, period. Visual
> disturbances, yes. Increased
> brightness/contrast yes.
> Hallucinations/visual patterns, NO.
---
Well, as DXM metabolizes into DXO, and as it has been found that in experimental models high doses of DXO can induce "vivid auditory and visual hallucinations, often of religious or death-related content" (Safety, Tolerability, and Pharmacokinetics of the N-Methyl-D-Aspartate Antagonist Dextrorphan in Patients With Acute Stroke ) it would not seem that unlikely that some individuals might find DXM to produce said phenomena. Furthermore, Wolfe and Caravati's excellent paper Massive Dextromethorphan Ingestion and Abuse lists "tactile hallucinations," "visual hallucinations," and "auditory hallucinations" in addition to "visual disturbances" as "Psychological Symptoms of Dextromethorphan Intoxication."
---
Namaste,
Cliff

Last edited:
---
> don't take this as me being bitchy, but i just do not
> understand why people do that shit.
---
The reason that I experimented with diphenhydramine was because of interest in the role of anticholinergics in traditional shamanc systems, Hinduism, Buddhism, and the European witch cults.
---
Namaste,
Cliff

when i tried diphenhydramine i fell asleep, period. i did get some auditory halluciations, like someone calling my name but noone did but that was it.

as far as dxm, i have MUCH experience with it. more so than anyone I know or have met, and i have had wilder visuals on dxm than acid or mushrooms. I saw the floor of my room wave like an ocean, harder and faster than ive ever seen on any hallucenogen.

I've never used diphenhydramine in high doses, but just due to things i've read about the experiences, i would stick to other drugs if i were you.

The only diphenhydramine and DXM combo i use is a small dose of the benadryl to kill the itch, and i do really enjoy DXM.

Dramine is a good drug if used responsibly. I dont really endorse taking high doses of the stuff but I guess that kids will do this regardless. I do not approve of ketamine usage in humans though.

---
> It's still used, albeit rarely, in humans during surgery.
---
If considered in terms of total use worldwide, ketamine is uson humans far more often than "rarely."
---
Namaste,
Cliff

---
> I do not approve of ketamine usage in humans though.
---
You call Dramamine "a good drug if used responsibly," so what is your major objection to the use of ketamine in humans?
---
Namaste,
Cliff

If I were to give a shot into the wind, I'd have to say that Diphenhydramine & analogs have an extremely higher brain and psychologically damaging potential than ketamine.. Not to mention the sexy perma-HPPD anticholinergenics tend to leave behind.

hmm... anticholinergenics tend to boost HPPD? that could explain some things heh

I would never really recommend anyone try DPH as a rec. drug, but if you want to making going to bed each night an experience, well then it can be some fun haha.

Nothing gives you a nostalgic laugh more than snapping out of a trance where you were on the phone with your friend for 20 minutes and then realizing that none of it actually happened.

Everyone on here seems to have a weariness and pretty profound respect for Datura and her anticholinergens. In theory, a powerful enough dose of diphenhydramine or dimenhydrate should produce an anticholergenic Delerium quite comparable to a lighter Datura dose.

It strikes me as bizarre that, if we all have such careful esteem for Datura, so many people happy consume whole packages of dramamine, gravol or other OTC anticholins...

Aren't deleriants generally agreed to be of little recreational worth and primarily just predisposed to leading to very difficult and sometimes scarring experiences when taken in large recreational dosages?

dramamine worth to whom?

----- hmm... anticholinergenics tend to boost HPPD? that could explain some things heh

From what I've gathered by reports of anticholin HPPD, they're not like normal HPPD. Psychedelics tend to cause a "ripple" effect into everyday life with trail & etc that can fade into the distance over time and not really be much of a bother.
On the contrary, with delerients and their hard hallucinogenic properties, they tend to PERManently burn something into your brain that looks like HPPD. For example, I heard of one mod on a forum who explained that after binging for weeks on dramamine, his rocking chair shakes from side to side in his peripheral vision, and driving is very hard to concentrate on because of interfering spots and "things being there" in his vision when they shouldn't. Deleriants are not like typical hallucinogens in that what you see is real, so it's of my expert opinion that the HPPD is real and really indents your brain.

In my very personal opinion, traditional psychedelics 'enhance' your senses by not relying on the left-brain analysis and just going on what you feel. I believe that the trails we experience is a result of our visual senses confirming what we feel just happened, thus it lags behind as if a separate entity.
On the other hand, delerients are the counter-productive enemy of perception. They close off our feelings and instead boost our left brain, as if we were dreaming. Random things pop up in reality that make us think that it’s a dream so real that we’re living in it; these things happen that our brains make up completely, but our bodies are involved. So in this area, the HPPD resulting is not a result of enhanced feeling of our environment, but visual delusions overlaying our real world experience. If that made any sense..

----- It strikes me as bizarre that, if we all have such careful esteem for Datura, so many people happy consume whole packages of dramamine, gravol or other OTC anticholins...

You find that bizarre? I’ve been around a lot of kids who at one moment think DXM is the best substance ever created, but the next they stumble across mushrooms or a ‘real’ drug and suddenly that’s their favorite. This is not surprising, to say the least. OTC drugs, no matter their effects, will be gobbled up by altered state-starved kids who are subjected to a horrible society. It’s simply all about the availability, not the experience.