View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy bk-MBDB (Butylone) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am finding a combination of MDAI and bk-MDMA to be particularly lovely as a euphoric entactogen. In my experience, if one lines up all the abovementioned in a line from stimulant-like to entactogen-like, it goes something like MDPV, bk-MBDB, 4-MMC, bk-MDMA, MDMA, MDAI. I guess that maybe reflects a dichotomy between mostly dopaminergic and mostly serotonergic action; but I'm not sure what the objective data on that are (or whether my personal experience accords with most other people's experiences). Anyway, personally, I feel that bk-MDMA lacks some of MDMA's entactogenesis, while MDAI lacks some of its more stimulant euphoric aspects, hence the rather loveliness of the combination. I haven't yet worked out the ideal ratio and dosage for me yet, but perhaps somewhere in the region of 150 mg of each. (But you should start much lower, of course, and not in combination, to be on the safe side! :))

Re: bk-MBDB, I have always found it to be more stimulant, with the emphasis on unpleasant stimulant side-effects like gurning etc.
from what I've read, this sounds very plausible to me; but I would be much more curious about a combination of MDAI with butylone or mephedrone.

yeah...it would be nice to find something worthwhile to be done with B1.
mephedrone? Whatever let's us forget its existence most rapidly. . . ;)

^ Mephedrone + butylone is actually a really nice combo and I dislike both used individually. But don't tell anyone I said that ;)

I also agree with Invert's stim-entactogen list - fits perfectly with my experience :)

Pregabalin (Lyrica), is there any danger to take Butylone + lyrica.
The problem is "i" got butylone and already taken about 400mg lyrica.

Pregabalin have som info on wikipedia etc, but i dont understand. Thanks in beforehand // ProViva

damn you BL. i just wrote out a detailed response and opinion on this crap and when i pressed post reply it kicked me off.
Now im too tired lazy to re-type it.

ill get back to this later.

in summary:
not a good empathogen/entactogen
good stimulant
bad bodyload

ill be back with more detail later.

okay so heres the full report.

i ingested ~200-250mg over the course of an hour or so with my gf in 30-50mg bumps.
We both found this compund to be somewhat lacking in the empathy department. "I love you's" were exchanged but nothing we wouldnt have done normally.

Butylone was more of a regular ol' stimulant than an ampathogen/entactogen.

I did experience a pretty fast heart beat which i dont usually note with other substances. I could feel a tightness in my chest and could literally see my heart beating through my shirt. It was going ~130bpm. I foud this to be a bit uncomfortable and disconcerting (i never experienced any chest problems, even with 4-mmc)

Sex was fun on butylone but then again i find sex to be fun on psychs, stims, booze, benzos, sober. But still it did enhance the quality of the sex by a bit even though i was not able to reach a climax.

The peak lasted about an hour after which i was left with plain old stimulation for another 2-3 hours (not uncomfortable but i was craving sleep as it was gettig late).

I also tried smoking some DMT towards the end of the experience and it caused me to throw up. This was my first time throwing up on DMT.

Overall i would rate this substance a 5/10. With the effects being closer to cocaine than mdma, as SKL pointed out earlier.

I found it was lower doses that brought out the less pleasant effects for me. Less than 100mg (nasally) was all tachycardia and chest discomfort. Higher doses produced less bodyload for me and were far more enjoyable (although still pretty shit compared to decent drugs). I find the same thing with mephedrone. In fact I find both of them pretty similar in many ways - low dose = shitty side-effects, higher dose = much more fun (although the side-effects are presumably still there, I just don't notice them) and both are poor excuses for drugs.

karma actually found lower doses quite useful.
similar to amphetamine. It gave her the push to go do stuff around the house (clean, etc)

Well I tried this stuff 1:1 with methylone, it was alright, pretty chilled out but definitely lacking.

I would say that mephedrone is more entactogenic than this and the high itself doesn't pack nowhere near enough of a punch.

I also noticed the tachycardia, normally, even with the meph I don't notice anything with my heart, but this shit left my heart racing and my chest tight =/.

I'm going to repeat the experience again this weekend, although I'm going to go easier on the dosing. I probably ended up doing ~ 1g due to the lack of potency (and the lack of desire to be sober :p).

Has anyone else noticed this stuff goes bad pretty fast?
Soo yeah just a warning to you guys, keep your butylone cold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried it again 1:1 with methylone, but this time it was orally dosed ~150mg at hourly intervals (to keep me going).

Towards the end of it there was noticeable dysphoria and I swear my seizure threshold was lowered; there were strobe lights at the event I was at and when they were flashing they caused me to jolt (like an electric shock). I found this somewhat worrying, as normally I'm fine with strobe lights. At this point I had probably consumed ~1g of this mix.

Anyone combined this with mushrooms or O-Desmethyltramadol?
I find it to be far too mild to be of any use on its own.

Do we have any receptor affinity or neurotransmitter efflux data on b1?
It sounds like it exerts stronger (nor)adrenal effects than more familiar classical stimulants.

There is some fairly certain speculation in ADD that it acts mostly as a reuptake inhibitor rather than a releaser too (as indicated by increase potency compared to m1 but with a longer chain substitution at the alpha position).

are there any bad batches going around or is it (since it is not so popular) not being cut yet? thks.

how fast are we talking? days, weeks? thnks.

Directly after receiving it I gave a large-ish bump to a friend, and within minutes she experienced pupil dilation some nice empathogenic effects, stimulation etc.

Around 300mg was given out over the course of the next few days, with good feedback.

That weekend I went to a rave, and in order to sneak the substance in, I had a female friend of mine stuff it down her pants, where it remained for a good part of the night while she danced. Well, there was still like half a gram left, and it went pretty fast, but ever since that night people have been getting pissed at me saying I gave them bunk shit. And I told them, "well, it's not mdma, it's different, etc etc", and they were like "Yeah I understand that, but we didn't feel anything at all." One person described getting the "coke shits" after a 200mg line, but that's it. 200mg of butylone should have someone beyond stimulated, and this guy said he was having trouble keeping his eyes open at a party.

So basically I've come to the conclusion that the heat from my friend dancing with it in her pants for 6-7 hours severely degraded it.

Last edited by a moderator:
from what I've read, this sounds very plausible to me; but I would be much more curious about a combination of MDAI with butylone or mephedrone

Have you tried this combo yet ungelesene_bettlek.

Status
Not open for further replies.