• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy aMT Thread (3rd incarnation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMT isn't quite like MDxx. It does release serotonin but not to the same level. I have a feeling it's far less neurotoxic. I don't think you have to use the one month rule the same way you would with MDxx, but tripping on anything too often isn't good. Remember it does release serotonin, so don't go dosing every weekend either.

I must subscribe this. I was tripping every weekend at least one time for the last 2,5months, and kinda had a crash 2 weeks ago. Im now stopping for at least 1 month, heard takes 1 to 3 months to restore totally serotonin levels (sorry dont remember the scientific article where i read it)

me and my mates were taking aMT every weekend in epic doses (my/our bad) we all kinda agree we our a little screwed up abit more. Just a word of warning pps treat amt with respect or it'll rip your mind to shreds.

I have heard about AMT for ages but have never been able to find it. What sort of circles is it usually present in? Never seen it at raves or clubs. Do i need to pretty much befriend a chemist? Is it mostly only available in europe? it seems most people that talk about it these days are over the pond.

AMT's legal in the UK and freely available on the internet. It somehow slipped through the blanket ban on Tryptamines and pretty much every other chemical listed in PiKHAL / TiKHAL. That's likely to change before very long I suspect. So long as it was barely even available the powers that be didn't bother to look at the legality, but now that its use has become so commonplace a ban must be imminent.

Na, swings and roundabouts mate. I mean, you guys get to play with some of the 2C-x variants don't you? We're all waiting on the 2C-x NBOMes to come in. ;)

I have heard about AMT for ages but have never been able to find it. What sort of circles is it usually present in? Never seen it at raves or clubs. Do i need to pretty much befriend a chemist? Is it mostly only available in europe? it seems most people that talk about it these days are over the pond.

AMT is legal in the UK, but illegal in the US as of 2003. The UK has no analogue law, even though their drug laws are more extensive than ours, so things are done more openly over there.

me and my mates were taking aMT every weekend in epic doses (my/our bad) we all kinda agree we our a little screwed up abit more. Just a word of warning pps treat amt with respect or it'll rip your mind to shreds.

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. I've read of many people using aMT with that regularity without it "tearing their mind's to shreds". Xorkoth used to enjoy aMT on at least a weekly basis, sometimes 2 or 3 times a week, and he never reported any such problems. Although he did find it somewhat psychologically addictive, he never had any problems. On the contrary, he sung it's praises. Individual sensitivity could have a lot to do with it.

That said, it's pretty silly to regularly dose any drug with "epic" amounts at a regularity greater than you can handle. With varying levels of mental strength, people need different recovery times to intergrate and adapt. Listen to your body and mind, and if you feel you are overdoing it then scale back a bit.

Last edited:
took amt for the first time about 8 hours ago. measured about a 30mg dose and it really wasn't pleasant, but i'm thinking it's because i did an mxe 6-apb combination about 24 hours before. it was similar to the time i did 6-apb two days after a 6-apb/mxe combination, however it wasn't euphoric in the slightest, so i'm thinking i was probably stupid in not knowing that amt screws with serotonin reuptake(i didn't know much about amt's mechanism of action tbh, which is why i was so reckless as to do it the day after a combination of two other research chemicals that affect serotonin and dopamine reuptake).

i'm going to wait a couple of weeks and try it again, but i've learnt a lesson about drug binges now.

p.s: after puking during the comeup, i noticed blood in my spit. now i didn't eat anything before taking the amt so i was basically dry heaving/puking bile, and there was a serious amount of pressure in my oesophagus because of this. i'm thinking this ruptured a small vessel in my throat, possibly in my trachea as i'm still noticing tiny brown streaks of blood in my mucus. i'll probably see a doctor after this 'trip' with some sort of excuse(i'm not worried about serotonin syndrome atm) for puking so hard but after hardcore googling this could be anything from boerhaave syndrome to a small vessel being ruptured. anyone have any ideas/similar experiences with this?

Sepher said:
So long as it was barely even available the powers that be didn't bother to look at the legality, but now that its use has become so commonplace a ban must be imminent.

Well let's hope not! I don't see what good can come of such negative speculation.

I don't see any reason why it would get banned. The only way it would get banned is if people keep doing reckless shit and drawing attention to it. But we all know better than that don't we! ;)

If anything, more and more attention is being drawn to the ridiculous failure of drug legislation. More and more "senior" figures are putting themselves forth as supporting a complete reform to a much more healthy paradigm. I think the future is bright in that regard.

Back on topic, I thought I would update and mention that I took 5-HTP on the Tuesday morning following the trip (less than 2 days) with no problems whatsoever. It would seem that whatever MAOI properties there may be are quite short acting.

Does anyone else have any reports of combining aMT with 5-HTP, or preloading with 5-HTP before the trip? I'm wondering how long you should reasonably leave between preload and tripping in order to optimize effectiveness without negative effects.

I don't see any reason why it would get banned. The only way it would get banned is if people keep doing reckless shit and drawing attention to it. But we all know better than that don't we!

Ummmm . . . . yeah, absolutely! None of that reckless thing here, oh no. 8(

If anything, more and more attention is being drawn to the ridiculous failure of drug legislation. More and more "senior" figures are putting themselves forth as supporting a complete reform to a much more healthy paradigm. I think the future is bright in that regard.

Of course. The failure of drug policy has been plain to see for anyone with half a brain in their head for decades. The RC trade is proving that in spades, driving a coach and horses through the legislation. For every substance they ban half a dozen more pop up with only minor tweaks to make them legal. There are stirrings at last on the fringes of power but I don't hold out much hope for reform any time soon. The David Nutt Drugs Advisory Panel debacle shows they'll cling to their failed policy against all evidence and rational advice for some time yet at least.

Ummmm . . . . yeah, absolutely! None of that reckless thing here, oh no. 8(

Of course. The failure of drug policy has been plain to see for anyone with half a brain in their head for decades. The RC trade is proving that in spades, driving a coach and horses through the legislation. For every substance they ban half a dozen more pop up with only minor tweaks to make them legal. There are stirrings at last on the fringes of power but I don't hold out much hope for reform any time soon. The David Nutt Drugs Advisory Panel debacle shows they'll cling to their failed policy against all evidence and rational advice for some time yet at least.
So true. There are sections of the UK press that hold to that view. Unfortunately the red tops and Daily Fail love their 'reefer madness' stories and it's these articles rather than those more realistic pieces run by the likes of the Guardian, Indie etc that form the basis for most average Joe views on recreational drugs. I hate to bring the Lea Betts thing up since I can only imagine the grief her loss must have caused her parents (regardless of the actual technical circumstances that lay behind her demise), but the activities of Mr Betts is a typical example of the sort of holy crusading that our politicians find easy to play to when making their statements about drug classification. With the brief interlude of sanity checking that David Nutt provided the government now well and truly over, it's back to bone headed draconian'fingers in the ears' business as usual.

It's like watching a dog chasing it's tail. I don't see it ever changing frankly, and people will continue to die needlessly so the prohibitionists can go on winning soft votes.

And I'll be sure to check out my 80 by 60cm MC Escher 'Day and Night' print while on the AMT I'm taking later today, to remind myself of why a little of what you fancy along with a large dose of common sense can lead to impossibly beautiful vistas.

Last edited:
On using aMT over an extended period I took it 1 - 3 times a week (Usually just the once) for around 3 - 5 months. It definatley had some negative effects but they were not over powering. Definate lack of feeling or happiness still effecting me slightly now around a month after not using aMT at all. Sometimes especially in the afterglow of aMT I would feel overly anxious, paranoid or unhappy. I also had emotional outbursts of anger and sadness periodically. It also made me a little bit less functional socially and has caused me some mental anxiety.

These effects may not happen to anyone else but my fiancee reported the same symptoms (Every trip was together so are amount of use was the same). I feel after not using aMT my life is improving a little bit as my use definatley made me breakdown a little bit. This is a great substance, with lots of recreational + therapeutic use but after extended use the magic goes away until it is not there any more + there was definate no placebo negative effects.

This substance has shown me things about myself, for better and for worse and I don't regret using it as often as I did. Im just glad im taking a little break just now, also it was psycologically addictive to some degree. Overall though, there is definatley better psychedelics out there as the long during and slow come up/down make it a bit of an uncomftorable exp and the visuals are not the best although it is a nice warm headspace sometimes.

A bit of research this afternoon after a few months break from any psychonautics. Just got some AMT pellets via a generally trusted RC source that claims 96% purity and 30mg freebase. Off-white in colour and tiny in size (a third that of a 6-apb pellet) which I split and dropped within 1.5hrs - no smell really, even the crumbly bits didn't have a whiff of anything. The first half appeared to do nothing at all even allowing for the usual 2hrs + come up but 30 minutes after dropping the second half I'm feeling rather pleasant actually - warm, slightly fuzzy with an amphetamine buzz nibbling at the edges. No nausea at all, but then I've never experienced that on any drug so I guess I'm just iron-stomached.

I've had a glass of red wine that seems to have helped things along very well, though maybe messrs Tom Jenkinson, Jamie Lidell and Luke Vibert have had a hand in that too. I plan to take the dog for a long walk with some vintage Boards of Canada and Plaid for company. I've a feeling music appreciation is going to be the hallmark of today, as it always is for me.

Yeah, so 3 hours in, nothing startling just very, very pleasant.

I've had some aMT stored inside capsules in a cool dark place for around 15 months, will it still be usable?

I have some amt that I received in a trade with someone. I have not had the available time to test it out on myself. I have heard a lot about the smell associated with amt, but what I have has little to no smell, definitely not overwhelming like I have heard it described by many. Can anyone let me know if I should be worried about a possible chem mix up or something of that nature, or can the amt come without an overwhelming odor? Not sure if it is salt or freebase, but I am thinking it would be the freebase since it seems to be much more available.

You could dab a few grains on your tongue and judge by the taste, if it has the harsh chemically mothball taste then it's aMT or a similar tryptamine most likely. The aMT I've tried didn't have a very strong smell, though it certainly had a smell, it was the taste that was bad.

That's the best advice I can offer, if in any doubt I'd send some of it off for testing.

You could dab a few grains on your tongue and judge by the taste, if it has the harsh chemically mothball taste then it's aMT or a similar tryptamine most likely. The aMT I've tried didn't have a very strong smell, though it certainly had a smell, it was the taste that was bad.

That's the best advice I can offer, if in any doubt I'd send some of it off for testing.

let's stick with the closing statement ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.