Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-MiPT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Psychedelics_r_best said:
How can you say no visuals? At 20mg orally I had the most visual and intense psychedelic experience ever, besides that from DMT. Did you really get only subtle visuals from 16mg insufflrated? Was this the HCL salt or the fumarate salt?

Well let me clarify, WEAK visuals at best. It was nothing more than slight color distortion, enhanced "clarity". Wood grain seemed to flow, just a little bit, nothing like even low dose mushrooms or whatever. Psychedelic tolerance could have came into play, as I tried this one about a week before hand, roughly the same dosage (little less actually).. However this last time was the most intense of my experiences with moxy by far.

It's finally peaked my interest a bit, and it only took 4 trials! Lol, anyway, I do look forward to trying this one again now. Probably 20mg or so oral, but I'll have to worry about that some other time as I'm all out.

Oops, and before I forget, it was the HCL salt. I should also say that I've heard from a few other people, that have similar experience with mine.. They love the body high, but even at larger doses, no visuals what-so-ever.

The fact that it is the hcl would change nothing. It is converted back to the freebase once in the stomach.

I wasn't implying anything by stating it was the HCL.. If you read up a few posts you might notice that someone had asked if it was the fumurate or HCL..

The fumaric salt being heavier than the HCL would mean taking 20mg of the fumaric salt would be taking less of the HCL (though I'm not sure by how much).

12mg yielded a very weak but nonetheless enjoyeable trip.

Speedy, some kind of energetic body buzz.

There certainly is an erotic component to it.

Last edited:
Obyron said:
And by the way, what kind of range is 5-12mg for a chemical like this? If Shulgin says an average dose is 4-6 then your "Strong" dose is either right in the middle of average, or double the average? :p

Don't fall under the illusion that these chemicals are anywhere near widely tested. The dose margins vary tremendously according to the individual. That is why it is essential to start low and work your way up.

Hmmm. This troubles me as to the fact few people seem to have had strong visuals even at high doses. I wonder why my 20mg trip produced such strong visual and psychedelic effects. Now I am curious as to if it was actually 5-MeO-MiPT.

A friend of mine told me him and his friends got great visuals from 10mg, but with all psychedelics, visuals are not everything...

I am so incredibly interested in the substance. Too bad im in Australia :(

Maybe when i travel to the states in the future i can try and trace some down.

Otherwise keep praying it finds its way into the circles i mix with.

Keep ip the good work everyone, i love reading the detailed experiences

Psychedelics_r_best said:
Hmmm. This troubles me as to the fact few people seem to have had strong visuals even at high doses. I wonder why my 20mg trip produced such strong visual and psychedelic effects. Now I am curious as to if it was actually 5-MeO-MiPT.

My guess is that they were using the alleged impure batch, which may have contained any number of substances but most likely was combined with a strong visual tryptamine in order to make people like it more. Personally though, when I use 5-MeO-MiPT it's to have a euphoric, cleansing, clear-headed trip. If I wanted a visual, mind-blasting trip, I'd just take a different psychedelic.

Oh, and I also get a definite erotic component to this substance. It's a definite boost, which is odd for me because on most psychedelics sex is the very farthest thing from my mind. I'm not sure I could even do it on most of them. I can also perform on AMT except that it will never end for me... for some reason that stuff makes me basically numb. :D

DEA resources claim that 5-meo-dipt, 5-meo-mipt, 5-meo-amt, and 5-meo-dmt all have the same color change - "from yellow to black."

Can someone please confirm this by doing a marquis test on 5-MeO-MiPT?

I think one should ALWAYS preform the appropriate color test(s) on a new batch of chemical. This is of course not fail safe (i.e. impurities, etc). Be careful, please!

For what it's worth (not that this one needs much more in the way of testimonials) this is my favorite. It used to be 5meodipt before it was scheduled, and consequently ran out, but 5meoMIPT is better. It has all of the sexual enhancing effects of 5meoDIPT without the body load many have complained about (though for me neither has been an issue) and 5meoMIPT is much more euphoric than 5meodipt at higher doses. I also agree that anything over 15mg is too much, and recreational / socializing doses are more around 1/2 of that. The best route is oral and others are unpleasant or a waste.

The one downside of this chem is that the somatic (body) stimulation can be overwhelming and distracting from the effects of a high dose. Another currently extant research chem which provided all the benefits of 5meoMIPT without the body effects / load was 2CB -FLY. It reminded me of 5meoMIPT a great deal.
I like the somatic effects sometimes, but generally stay with the low dose on this one. There are far better true psychedelics out there that are less distracting and probably have more depth anyways (ie-4homipt and 2ce in particular out of the research chems ...).

My girlfriend and I tried this on the weekend. Two strange reports to offer.

I did 7 mg and had a difficult time with body load. Shortness of breath was a real problem, as if I smoked 5-MeO-DMT, but it didn't go away after 5 minutes. Very uncomfortable. Minor visuals, not unlike some aspects of 2c-e, sweeping and feathering of objects. Nothing on the mental side of things. Overall a huge disappointment. I was glad to be mostly down in just over 2 hours.

My girlfriend took 6 mg the following day at about 4:50 PM. After one hour she felt absolutely nothing, so she boosted with 5 mg more. Rapid onset to a very physical body high, with considerable visuals. She felt really great for a while, indicating the body sensations were very MDMA like. She began to come down at about T+2:15. Became severely cracked out, and puked at T+03:40. Visuals continued right up to bedtime at about 10:00. She was up most of the night, unable to sleep, feeling very cracked out.

Neither one of us feels much like trying it again, but I'm sure we will, just to see if this was a one-off situation. We were really disappointed, seeing as everyone seems to rave about this one.

Drug Geek said:
My girlfriend and I tried this on the weekend. Two strange reports to offer.

I did 7 mg and had a difficult time with body load. Shortness of breath was a real problem, as if I smoked 5-MeO-DMT, but it didn't go away after 5 minutes. Very uncomfortable. Minor visuals, not unlike some aspects of 2c-e, sweeping and feathering of objects. Nothing on the mental side of things. Overall a huge disappointment. I was glad to be mostly down in just over 2 hours.

My girlfriend took 6 mg the following day at about 4:50 PM. After one hour she felt absolutely nothing, so she boosted with 5 mg more. Rapid onset to a very physical body high, with considerable visuals. She felt really great for a while, indicating the body sensations were very MDMA like. She began to come down at about T+2:15. Became severely cracked out, and puked at T+03:40. Visuals continued right up to bedtime at about 10:00. She was up most of the night, unable to sleep, feeling very cracked out.

Neither one of us feels much like trying it again, but I'm sure we will, just to see if this was a one-off situation. We were really disappointed, seeing as everyone seems to rave about this one.

Always increase your dose slowly, obviously, but myself and one or two others I've read about didn't find anything interesting with this one until the 12-18mg range. I had no nausea on 5-MeO-MiPT, but I also ate before I took it. Unlike the Creeping Death I get in my stomach from 2C-E, Moxy seems to me like it goes better when I actually have some food in me. Just a couple of thoughts for you. :)

I think Moxy has some value as a potentiator, but I've only tried it that way once (low dose DPT trip).

Thanks for the reports. :)

About 5-meo-mipt-hcl, as it is HCL, will that increase its solubility? What would be the best way to store it? could i put it in 80proof vodka and expect it to stay stable?

sherpa101 said:
About 5-meo-mipt-hcl, as it is HCL, will that increase its solubility? What would be the best way to store it? could i put it in 80proof vodka and expect it to stay stable?

I know the 4 substituted tryptamines can be pretty unstable, but no clue personally about the fives. The best way to store this stuff, and most RCs, is as powder. Glass vials (I picked up a dozen on eBay for a couple of dollars) in a baggie in the freezer is the way to go, and for extra protection add a dessicant (like a silica gel) pack inside the bag.

Questions like this get asked often enough that PD could really use an "RC Storage Tips" sticky.

I'm interested in trying this one with Methylone. I've read throughout this B&D that 5-MeO-MiPT doesn't play well with others, but I caught these two tidbits about a Methylone combo:
santadog said:
My first experience with 5MeOMiPT was 2 hours after taking 180mg methylone, at a concert in a small venue. My friend and I split a 10mg capsule and neither of us felt much. Some visual distortion and a slightly darker (but not bad) mood. Fantasy visualizations of music and situations in my head that were very serious, a definite downshift from methylone. I'm sure the methylone covered up a lot of the effects...
Ximot said:
A friend uses 5mg of it in conjunction with methylone for a particularly erotic high.
Seems like there could be a nice synergy considering the nature of these two chemicals, but that's purely speculation. Anyone have any thoughts or experiences to share about such a combo? Any suggestions for dosage and/or timing? Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

On another board a few people were discussing that the 5-MeO-MiPT over-rides the M1. However, on this board it is not uncommon for drug abuse/tolerance to play a role in the subjective experiences of certain individuals.

I would imagine that if you kept the 5-MeO-MiPT dose low enough that it would be nice, but I have no idea to say.

If I combine chemicals, I want to have a purpose for doing so, viz. what am I not getting out of the chemicals separately that I think combining them is going to provide? If nothing, why combine?

does moxy have any known bad interactions with other substances?

I was planning on taking some with a few grams of shrooms

Armaros said:
does moxy have any known bad interactions with other substances?

I was planning on taking some with a few grams of shrooms

It will be fine with 'shrooms but go easy to begin with..

Status
Not open for further replies.