• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 3C-P Thread

1.5g Phenibut + 10-20mg 3C-P a good idea for going out? I haven’t tried 3C-P on its own yet but judging from the reports it seems to be an interesting combination. Anyone experienced with low doses (+ Phenibut or Alcohol) for socializing, dancing, etc.?

3C-P is pretty chill, especially at that dosage. I'd say it's a good candidate for psychedelic to use to go out. And of course adding phenibut is going to make it even that much more easygoing and sociable.

3C-P is pretty chill, especially at that dosage. I'd say it's a good candidate for psychedelic to use to go out. And of course adding phenibut is going to make it even that much more easygoing and sociable.
Nice, how’s the bodyload at that dose? Do you think 15mg would be a satisfying dose in combination with Phenibut for a first timer?
I’m also contemplating on doing Phenibut + 4-FA, Phenibut + DOM (low-dose), or Phenibut + Etilamphetamine or Methamphetamine (oral), but I’m most intrigued by the Phenibut/3C-P combination.

Bodyload is light at that dose. It does have a pretty strong body presence but I find it pleasant especially when you're physically active. I think 15mg is a good starting dose. It's going to give a sparkle and somewhat euphoric stimulation without being very intoxicating or strong. probably no visuals at that dose but we all react differently.

Bodyload is light at that dose. It does have a pretty strong body presence but I find it pleasant especially when you're physically active. I think 15mg is a good starting dose. It's going to give a sparkle and somewhat euphoric stimulation without being very intoxicating or strong. probably no visuals at that dose but we all react differently.
Thank you very much! Sounds exactly like I was looking for. Think I’ll go for 15mg then.

How'd the poisoning go @Nervewing ?
lol quite okay! Was actually pretty mild at 40 mg, contrary to reports I read the peak didn't come on until about 5-6 hours in! Bodyload took about that long to set in too, it was most pleasant by about the 8 hour mark, wonderful sociable headspace, just a weird timeline overall and a quick descent to baseline by about 12 hours. Was much kinder to my body than expected (Mescaline analogues and substituted amphetamines never vibed well with my body, fully expected this to be an ordeal but it was fine, didn't even throw up or anything). Probably wouldn't try again at a higher dose though I think I got what I wanted. Warm psychedelic stimulation and headspace, little in the way of visuals or sensory effects. Very nice for chatting and joking, reminiscent of BOD, bk2c-B and ofc 3C-E but was unexpectedly gentler on my body than any of them.

I found a report on another website, and wanted to repost it here for posterity.

Not to be confused with 2C-P which apparently is nuclear and the way I dosed it (eyeballed it with a little scoop) would have landed me in la-la land in a jiffy.

Preface: I am horrified of psychedelics. I had a bad shroom trip many years ago and had panic attacks since which got me down a path of benzos and alcohol. Recently it turns out I actually have ADHD so I was kind of treating the wrong thing there, but point still stands that I can deal with visual distortions but when I start feeling like I'm losing my mind I go ahead and do.

3C-P is 80% stimulant (very similar to 3-MeO-TMP and 4F-MPH, closer to the former as it has more euphoria) and 20% psychedelic. It takes a LONG time to come on and when it does it feels not dissimilar to MDMA - eye twitching, serotonergic kind of kind happy feeling and mild visual distortions (breathing patterns on the floor, tracers, things like that) minus the 6 hour long full body orgasm thing.
I am not entirely sure how much I dosed myself - perhaps too little and it was a breakthrough dose but it felt very very kind and mild and mostly like a light amphetamine (think ritalin)

What's most interesting about it is that it allowed me to take some chaos in my life that's been happening and kind of... best way I can describe it instead of having folder 1,2,3 in sequence that I have to deal with - which is scary and overwhelming sometimes - it let me set up those ikea shelves that stick out the wall and give distance to problems so I was able to more clearly identify how to approach them. That particular day I had some commitments and while normally knowing I'd have to cancel would give me anxiety it was nothing: I just canceled them, rescheduled what I could and that was that. Because that problem was far away from others, on its own "shelf."

You will want to take a nap as it's a hazy, lazy amp high but you won't be able to. It's not a bad thing but just a heads up. Also, I started early in the morning around 8am and it maybe "let me go" around 9pm so be prepared for that. You won't be totally out of commission (I was able to have normal phone conversations) but as I said I may have under-dosed myself.

In any event, it's not a daily thing but it really helped me out - someone who is terrified of psychs - to sort somethings about positively and think about myself and others more patiently and kindly. Which is a last thing I expected from a stimulant.

Anyway I hope this helps someone. Look up dosages and weigh em out - don't do what I did and add 1-10mg over the course of a few hours. (it also has a particular texture that you want to powderize first - it's like little flakes that are hard to snatch. I found simply massaging the substance was enough)

Stay safe.

Last edited:
I have a 2mg doc blotter and want to mix it with 3c-p. The 3c-p first and then after around 10min the doc blotter. Does anybody can give an educated guess about the 3c-p dose to take with 2mg doc?

Last edited:
Thanks @ecstacylover. I don't know anything about the heart risk of DXM on its own, and its hard to say what the implications of this are without more incidents like it to draw a pattern from, but good to have the data so we can spot patterns if there is one. Hopefully sharing this tragedy can at least prevent another one down the road, if there is a risk there.

Having this thread pop back up on the forum was a good refresher on that corner of the phenethylamine world.
-3C-P is the amphetamine analog of Proscaline. Structurally, 3C-P is to Proscaline as DOC is to 2C-C
-The amphetamine analog of Mescaline is nicknamed TMA. TMA-2 was apparently the standout of that TMA series
-The TMA series is all of the different possible arrangements of 3 methoxy groups around the benzene ring on amphetamine.

I'm super curious to try TMA-2

Thanks @ecstacylover. I don't know anything about the heart risk of DXM on its own, and its hard to say what the implications of this are without more incidents like it to draw a pattern from, but good to have the data so we can spot patterns if there is one. Hopefully sharing this tragedy can at least prevent another one down the road, if there is a risk there.

Having this thread pop back up on the forum was a good refresher on that corner of the phenethylamine world.
-3C-P is the amphetamine analog of Proscaline. Structurally, 3C-P is to Proscaline as DOC is to 2C-C
-The amphetamine analog of Mescaline is nicknamed TMA. TMA-2 was apparently the standout of that TMA series
-The TMA series is all of the different possible arrangements of 3 methoxy groups around the benzene ring on amphetamine.

I'm super curious to try TMA-2

DXM can cause serotonin syndrome with anything that releases serotonin... not saying that means 3C-P does, I mean it could be the case of a very unhealthy individual.

Yeah, TMA-2 could also be called DOMeO. It's a DOX in all but name, in fact it is the reason Shulgin started exploring the 2,4,5 substitution pattern. 2,4,5-dimethoxyamphetamine. All the other TMAs have a different substitution pattern... the 2,4,5 is the jackpot (every 2C-X, every DOX, basically all of the best phenethylamines except mescaline). Can't wait to try it, I have some but just haven't done it yet.

Yeah, TMA-2 could also be called DOMeO. It's a DOX in all but name, in fact it is the reason Shulgin started exploring the 2,4,5 substitution pattern.
Interesting, so Shulgin explored TMA-2 prior to any of the 2C-X compounds?

Also, if you follow Shulgin's nomenclature for the 2C-T-X series, you would use 2C-O-X as a shorthand label for the 4-Alkoxy-2,5-DMPEA series. The 4-Alkoxy-2,5-DMA's can then be labeled as 3C-O-X compounds, which is a little strange (since Shulgin reserved the 3C-X convention for 3,5-DMA's), but this is the convention used in the recent literature.

The reason I mention the 2C-O-X compounds is that Shulgin mostly didn't explore them whatsoever. He tested 2C-O-4 and said
with the probable low eventual potency of 2C-O-4, I feel that the 2C-O series will not be an exciting one.
The thing is, 2C-O-4 probably would've have been his last choice among the 2C-O-X compounds had he had access to data from recent binding assays, which show that its amphetamine homologue is among the least potent 5-HT2A agonists in the entire 3C-O-X series.

As far as I'm aware, the only other 2C-O-X that Shulgin tested is TMPEA, and although there were no adverse results reported, the commentary reveals another possible reason he didn't further pursue the 2C-O-X series.
the simple compound that results from the stripping of all three of the O-methyl groups from TMPEA is the extremely potent neurotoxin, 6-hydroxydopamine. When it is administered to an otherwise intact experimental animal, it produces sympathectomy, effectively destroying the sympathetic nervous system. And some of the methyl groups of TMPEA are known to be stripped off through the normal metabolic processes that occur in the liver. There are many fascinating psychedelics that have a signature of methoxyl groups para to one-another. It is known that they, too, can lose a methyl group or two. It would be intriguing to see if there was some biochemical overlap between the metabolism of some of these centrally active drugs and the metabolic fate of 6-hydroxydopamine. But in a test animal, of course, rather than in man.
Of course he mentions this right below his three TMPEA reports in humans. 😅

Among the 3C-O-X compounds, TMA-2, MEM, and MPM are the only ones that he confirms having assayed. Yet, others in this series (MMALM, MALM, and MTFEM) are anywhere from 10-100x more potent than TMA-2 as 5-HT2A agonists. OTOH, among the 2C-O-X compounds, 2C-O-3 and 2C-O-16 appear most promising.

Receptor Interaction Profiles of 4-Alkoxy-Substituted 2,5-Dimethoxyphenethylamines and Related Amphetamines

Interesting, so Shulgin explored TMA-2 prior to any of the 2C-X compounds?

Yes, from what I recall reading, he began his phenethylamine exploration by messing with the mescaline molecule (naturally). One of those explorations was TMA, the amphetamine analogue of mescaline. Then he started moving around the positions of the 3 methoxies to try every combination besides the 3,4,5 of mescaline. He noticed that when he got to the 2,4,5 (TMA-2), the potency increased by a lot, and the activity became more interesting and deep. From there he tried removing the oxygen, and got DOM. Not sure whether the 2C-Xs came right after that or if that was a parallel course... I know 2C-D is called that (with a D instead of M) because it stood for "desoxy", so he must have first explored 2,5-dimethoxy-4-methoxyphenethylamine. I'm not exactly sure of the order but I know he broke into the 2,4,5 substitution pattern (which is the bulk of the best of the phenethylamines) because of TMA-2.

Yes, from what I recall reading, he began his phenethylamine exploration by messing with the mescaline molecule (naturally). One of those explorations was TMA, the amphetamine analogue of mescaline. Then he started moving around the positions of the 3 methoxies to try every combination besides the 3,4,5 of mescaline. He noticed that when he got to the 2,4,5 (TMA-2), the potency increased by a lot, and the activity became more interesting and deep. From there he tried removing the oxygen, and got DOM. Not sure whether the 2C-Xs came right after that or if that was a parallel course... I know 2C-D is called that (with a D instead of M) because it stood for "desoxy", so he must have first explored 2,5-dimethoxy-4-methoxyphenethylamine. I'm not exactly sure of the order but I know he broke into the 2,4,5 substitution pattern (which is the bulk of the best of the phenethylamines) because of TMA-2.
Ahhh okay that makes a lot more sense. I always assumed he went to the 2C-X's after mescaline, 2C-B being his love child and all, but that's really not a natural progression come to think of it.

Yes, from what I recall reading, he began his phenethylamine exploration by messing with the mescaline molecule (naturally). [...] I'm not exactly sure of the order but I know he broke into the 2,4,5 substitution pattern (which is the bulk of the best of the phenethylamines) because of TMA-2.
That's how I remember it too. His self-directed chemical exploration into so much uncharted terrain sure was a story worth telling. I love the image of the mountains on covers of his books, it's really appropriate; each chemical was like a summit that he bagged the first ascent on, and gave him a vista to the next peak to explore.