• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy 2C-T-21 Thread

I have done 8.5mg of 2C-T-21 once. I found it to be mildly psychedelic, but it felt right, unlike a subthreshold dose of LSD that leaves you feeling screwed over. It was very emotionally opening, and communication was fantastic. Some body load, unlike with 2C-I, but nothing too bad. Visuals were present, but not very strong, a pleasant swimmy feel. I will be trying it at probably around 10mg sometime in the future. I think it should be better at a higher dosage.

How is 2C-T-21 visual and mental component compared to other 2C*? Is theres visual like 2C-I or has it his own type. And how's it in higher dosages like 15-25?

all i read here remind 2c-i...what's the difference between the effects of these two compounds ? are they radically differents ?

2C-I is definitely psychedelic. 2C-T-21 is more of an emotional experience, with slight visuals. I've only done 8.5mg of 2C-T-21, and the visuals weren't very impressive. I personally like 2C-I a lot more, but I think 2C-T-21 allows a very controllable rewarding experience, I would love to go hiking on it.

I see a lot of reports and comments about 2c-t-21 and how it seems more, emotional, open, social, easy to communicate on, etc. Also I remember being goofy, making jokes sort of out of nowhere that would make people crack up (more joking than sober i guess, just in a more humorous mood).

I also see people talk about 2c-i being more open, emotional, than a lot of the others. Also it seems like people sometimes experience a 'hangover' of some kind, someone described a mild depressed feeling similar to MDMA days after 2c-t-21, also 2c-i seems to do a similar thing to some people sometimes (or leave an 'afterglow').

I think these two have something in common (well, i mean they all do), i'm 'guessing' some kind of serotonin release, just because I find mixing gabapentin (neurontin) with either of these brings a lot of euphoria similar to mdma. Not just the euphoric feeling but the openness, emphathy towards others, etc. This doesn't happen with 2c-e (that effect from gabapentin), and 2c-e seems real 'clean' and no forced mood lift either, and I dont remember people talking about hangover's with that one.

I have tried 2c-c and 2c-d, which are great, but i notice there is no real after effects and I used to think 2c-i was clean, sure it is but after trying some others, I try 2c-i and it seems...ahh..blah.. something about it. Some day I will mix neurontin with these and see if that thing happens, i am 'guessing' it won't just because those don't seem to have the mood change/openness like (or as much?) as 2c-i/2c-t-21. I've posted about the "mix" before but I do not think anyone on here has tried it or I would have seen posts - so maybe its a good idea to uhh, not try it! bad bad bad!

^^yeasutom, very nice observations.

I hadn't really thought of 2c-i and 2ct21 as being very similar, but when you compare them to 2ce, the similarities definatly stand out. They both seem to lack the depth that normally look for, but both are generally more recreational. In both cases, visuals are there, but they aren't the main attraction. The both seem more suited for social situations (if tripping around people is your thing) and are general mood lifters. 2ct21 is great for movies, especially comedies. I definatly laugh at a lot more stuff while on it, and I'm not usually subject to getting the giggles.

I am one of those people that always gets a hangover from 2ci, but its never really that bad (mdma is much worse for me). It does sort of feel like a serotonin drained feeling though. As you pointed out, 2ce is very neutral and also devoid of the hangover, there could definatly be a connection. I've only done 2ct21 a couple times and haven't noted any such hangover, but I'll be sure to look out for it next time.

ah you lucky folk

I had been curious about 21 since first reading Pihkal, years ago... So far, have done it 5 times, first report posted on erowid:

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=30816

I want to like this... but I just really don't. For me, this substance creates anything but euphoria and easy sociability. The most common overriding feeling is melancholy. Nothing overwhelmingly negative, but far from pleasurable. For some reason, I also got bloodshot eyes at the 12mg level (2 out of the 5 experiences) - calling to mind a previous post in this thread (if I remember correctly) in which insufflation was discouraged. Also of note: each time, during the initial ramp-up I have gotten extremely horny for about a half hour, only then to be flooded with the dysphoria that persists through the end of the experience (about 6-8hours). The end of the trip also tends to happen rather suddenly, almost as if something dark and uncomfortable suddenly let go my synapses.

In comparison , I have tended to have excellent experiences on 2c-t-2, 2c-t-7, 2c-b, mdma, mescaline, mushrooms, and even 5-meo-dipt, which just about sums up my psychedelic horizons --except for pot, which I cannot deal with.

So there. Nothing, I guess, is perfect... except for mdma, of course.

i think this chem is widely misused, most oft by overdosing.

at 0.5-3mg oral, 21 is an excellent nootropic and mood lifter.

at 5mg it is the best aphrodisiac and, um, sexual attractant i have sampled.

at higher doses, there is a period of a very singular dissociative state during the onset, ~T1:00-T3:00, which i find to be somewhat uncomfortable psychlogically.

no mydriasis or nystagmus even at high doses and food is just so damn good...

no hangover, and i concur w Stolaroff in that it has a goodly amount of body rejuvination.

so what if it doesn't make you "trip balls"? thats not what it was made for.

btw, i do not believe the mech of action to be entirely or even mainly serotonergic...

Last edited:
I felt the same uncomfortable come-up on 21, although I don't know if I would call is disassociative. it's uncomfortable on the body and was pervaded by a weird headspace that was a little paranoid, very strange. after a couple hours things were awesome though. anywho, i think i'll try it's 5mg aphrodisiac effects sometime soon.

I found 2C-T-4 to be very dissociating, and nothing like any psychedelic I've tasted before. I am excited to try 2C-T-21 when the time is right and see if I notice this dissociative part in 2C-T-21 that I noticed in 2C-T-4.

I found 2C-T-21 to be "dissociative" only on the irrisponsibly high dose I took. It is not "dissociative" in the literal sense like the classic dissociatives. TO me it created a sense of being physically sepaate from the world - as if I where invisible. As "cool" as this may sound, it actually feels very depressing (in spite of the 2C-T-21 - induced euphoria).

I would call it a ---- (as opposed to a ++++ ;)).

5mg - Produced a long lasting and pleasant stimulation. Took quite a while to manifest itself however. I am looking forward to bumping up to 10mg.

2C-T-21; Special Care?

Does 2C-T-21 need any sort of special care in general, only when kept after a certain amount of time, or general 'watch-outs'/hazards? If so, what kind?

Also, what do you recommend being the best way to induce/consume? Does this effect the brain's serotonin and such (as does MDMA)? How long after the first dose should one consider a re-trail of this?

Let the 21 answers begin!
(21... get it? *remembers recent dosage and wonders if he is really typing this into bluelight... a sudden fright of another warning sends a chill down his spine*)

Last edited:
2-c-t-21's effects and dosage vary greatly from person to person.
some report a body load. some do not.
it's in my general experience that this is a good substance
for social interaction. it ain't psychedelic in the traditional sense.
it's generally not a great idea, in my experience, to snort PEAs.
oral is safest. for longer storage, keep in in a cold, dark
place, with a desiccant like silica gel to absorb moisture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive had the priveledge of tasting both 2c-i and 2c-t-21 and I must say I was a bit surprised by how different they are. 2c-i is a somewhat forgiving psychedelic in its own right but I can see where some serious effects could be reached. By contrast I view 2c-t-21 as a psychedelic with the training wheels on so to speak. It seemed very benign to me. I had a great time on it though and was treated with waves of very pleasant body rushes that somewhat reminded me of mdma. The visual effects were somewhat limited but they were present. All things considered I think this would be a good place to start for those who arent 'experienced' trippers. Now I havnt had the joy of tasting 2c-e but from what research Ive done on it Ive learned it is probably alot more capable than even 2c-i of putting one on what I see as 'another level'. In retrospect as I said beofre I would exercise some caution with the 2c-e versus the 2c-t-21. Dont get fooled into thinking all the 2c's are as 'user friendly' as 2c-t-21.

Im not done with the 2c-t-21 yet. It hard for me to get a good feel for a substance on the first journey. I had alot of fun with it and Ill be back to add more when I get the chance. %)

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else with anything to report on 2c-t-21 at this point?

All of these accounts and perspectives are very interesting, but I feel like I'd like to here just a few more opinions / reactions before I decide to taste the sample I have.

I'm thinking that at the 3-5mg dose, I could potentially get a baseline 'feel' for the compound without fully committing myself to it. I think that's where I'm going to start out for my first 'experiment'.

Do you think that if I were to go with this measurement orally at say 6:00PM I'd be able to coax myself into sleep with the help of a benzo by 12:00-1:00AM? I suspect so, but please correct me if you have a different opinion.

Thanks in advance,

...Ad

i dosed 8.5mg at around 7 and was able to sleep at around 2 fine. i imagine with a benzo and such a low dose you'll be fine. oh and at 8.5mg i didn't feel too much "commitment" in the experience.

I haven't sampled this one yet, but a friend said that 8mgs didnt hit him for 5 hours and he was able to fall asleep around t+8.5h

I tried this compound last weekend for the first time. 8mg, dosed at around 2:00pm, and couldn't fall asleep until about +12 hours. Often I find the first time I try a material, I have more trouble falling asleep than on subsequent attempts, as if I "learn" to sleep on the drug after a while. It was also probably due to eating not long after dosing, thus slowing the drug's digestion. (I really got the munchies on this one, markedly more so than other psychedelics).

The effects were mild enough to go out and be in public, but definitely strong enough that I felt altered, and not just stimulated. Social was great, but watching a movie was a little confusing and not as fun as usual. No real visuals at this dose. At some point I'll try 10mg and 12mg.