• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-N Thread - The Long-Lost Family Member.

I have taken 2C-N nitrate at 60mg orally (equivalent to about 54-55mg of the HCL salt). I got more than I expected to from it, and wrote a report:

Hope you enjoy. :)

I'm considering taking my second dose of this (130mg) today, also while on a hike. I weighed it out and have it in a foil packet in my wallet, so I can do so if I feel like it's the right time a little later while I'm out.

80mg 2C-N nitrate, p.o. (+ nitrous oxide, marijuana):

duration: ~ 3-4 hours

come-up: The come-up was rather quick and uneventful. First alerts were felt as a light tingling in the back of my head at T:00:20. No nausea or any other physical complaints were noted, except for a slight chest tightness. At T.00:35 some euphoria made itself present through a faint rushing in my head.

peak: At T:01:00 my heartrate increased and I felt a familiar, euphoric, warm pressure on my chest, that reminded me a bit of an entactogen. At this dose there was no noticeable bodyload at all, it actually felt pretty benign physically. I felt relaxed and at peace, headspace was rather dreamy but still very clear. It remained like that for the entirety of the trip. There were some pro-social qualities to the experience and I can see this being useful in talk-therapy. I went through a pack of nitrous cartridges during the peak because I was a little bored by the effects alone and had no one to talk to. Unsurprisingly, the N2O synergized well with 2C-N and brought out a some simplistic geometry and enhanced euphoria. I ate some soup and it tasted delicious, there was no appetite suppression. The peak turned down around two and a half hours after intake.

comedown: I'm still in this phase (T:04:00), but almost entrely back from the 2C-N. I smoked some weed earlier and am mainly stoned now, it didn't bring back any psychedelic effects. Luckily, there's no headache in sight, which is good, as I get them pretty regularily with phenethylamines.

preliminary thoughts: No visual effects, no annoying bodyload and an overall mildness that would be beneficial in talk-therapy. It was good-hearted, comfortable and different, but this dose was not enough to generate a state that I would call "tripping". I had a similar feeling after I took ARIADNE (4C-D) for the first time. It's certainly active at this dose and quite pleasurable at that but not particularily psychedelic. I also would've preffered to take it in a different setting, especially with some people around. I think that would have enhanced the pro-social effects and euphoria. It was a nice introduction to the effects and a good test for sensitivity but I will go for a considerably higher dose next time, 120mg+.

I took 130mg of this today and am finding it hard to put words to it. But I did trip, including visual effects. Like last time I had a profoundly emotional time, this time it was more confronting (with my girlfriend), I said some things I haven't felt comfortable saying before but have been wanting to say and it was not easy, but felt possible which it hadn't before. I took notes, but I am not feeling inspired to write about it it right now. But I will.

Finally finished writing my report on my second trial with this. I guess I needed time to digest it. Here it is:

I just saw this report on Erowid, it isn't new, but I never saw it before. It's about 2C-CN:

This one, too, appear to be much less potent than other 2C-Xs, and also very short in duration, though 2C-CN seems even shorter and even less potent. The actual notes leave something to be desired, they could have come right out of PIHKAL. But interesting anyway.

This one, too, appear to be much less potent than other 2C-Xs, and also very short in duration, though 2C-CN seems even shorter and even less potent. The actual notes leave something to be desired, they could have come right out of PIHKAL. But interesting anyway.
Yup and it’s pretty easy to make from 2C-B or 2C-I. Much more interested in DOCN though, also 25CN-NBOMe.

Last edited:
Yeah DOCN would be great. DON too, for that matter. I do hope I come across that one some day... now that I have some experience with 2C-N, I am thinking DON could be a very nice drug.

I wonder if 2C-CN might be dramatically more potent with parenteral administration. Mainly because the acidic environment of the stomach would facilitate hydrolysis of the nitrile group.

Yup and it’s pretty easy to make from 2C-B or 2C-I. Much more interested in DOCN though, also 25CN-NBOMe.
Would be interesting if these 4-CN-phenethylamines can retain some of the 2A selectivity of 25CN-NBOH, as it's one of the most selective 2A agonists.

I do wonder about whether the potency for rectal will be much greater than I am anticipating... it does make me slightly nervous, but so far this stuff has been so gentle and unthreatening that it should be fine. If I had more to work with, I'd start a good bit lower than 65mg rectally, but I only have a bit. So I guess we'll see. I have 170mg left, so I suppose I could sacrifice, say, 20mg, to see if it is quite potent (rather than being less potent than my 60mg oral experience as I would expect from rectal 2C-Xs). But then I would give up my opportunity to try it at a substantially higher dose... 95mg rectal should be equivalent to the highest dose ever reported by a wide margin, and so far I get the feeling that no one has yet taken it up to its full potential.

^No matter how it goes, let us know asap. Im interested in how this behaves via different ROA's and any scrap of information about this compound is of utmost importance. I might just have to sacrifice a significant amount of cash to experience this one. It's a tough call though, as MEM is already (or should I say still) calling my name (and I already have my MEM offsite in a secure location with the rest of my analogue act questionable collection, whereas 2c-N might take some searching).

I had a direct connection to a chemist, I don't think anyone has made this for the greater population. Though I think it would be worthwhile to, if everyone reacts to it like I do (which I'm sure they won't).

I really wish a company would start making some of these odd ones. 2C-TFM was lovely.. even the batch contaminated with 2C-I. DON is one I’ve wanted to try. Easy to make also.

Wrote a little report for this one.

Last edited:
I really wish a company would start making some of these odd ones. 2C-TFM was lovely.. even the batch contaminated with 2C-I. DON is one I’ve wanted to try. Easy to make also.

I hope to try some DON sometime soon, the chemist I got 2C-N from might be making some. I would love to try it, especially seeing as how well 2C-N seems to agree with me.

I never got to try the 2C-TFM/2C-I. I bet 2C-TFM by itself is probably better than the contaminated batch.

I REALLY want to try 2C-EF... I bought some from a vendor who went full shade, for a tremendous price, which turned out to be a blend of 2C-C, 2C-T-2, and 2C-T-7. It is actually super nice, as all those drugs are great, but the few old reports of actual 2C-EF that f&b made make it sound like the holy grail of 2C-Xs.

Nice to see you post, yaesutom. :)

Off topic: 2C-EF is number one on my "must try list" that I dont already have or have easy access to. Theoretically, is the haloalkyl moiety enough of a structural change from an alkyl or alkylthio moiety to escape the analogue act?

Not sure about the analogue act. But it sounds wonderful. I equally much want to try DOEF, which is actually in PIHKAL, and sounds just lovely.

Not sure about the analogue act. But it sounds wonderful. I equally much want to try DOEF, which is actually in PIHKAL, and sounds just lovely.
I agree, 2C-EF and DOEF both sound absolutely fantastic. I also really want to try 2C-T-2, 2C-P, 2C-I and DOI.

Last edited:
well, I had quite a few experiences with 2CN in the mid 2010s, mostly in the social setting, given the easily manageable character of the trip. It can be a good idea to go to a movie or even to be indulged in some dancing. Roughly speaking, 2CN experiences are comparable to MDMA experiences in a sense that a wild pear is related to a domestic pear. Also it was this exact substance on par with 2cd and 5meodalt that made me think that the whole concept of tripping hard was deliberately constructed as a dead end by the elites in the 60s. This has lead to an unfortunate situation where strong psychedelics are valued much higher than they probably deserve. Perhaps it is the notion of the museum trips [that is curiously something right in between glorified microdosing and aiming for +++] that should be explored instead. On a final note, 2CN is a good accompaniment to draft dark beer.

Last edited: