• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 2C-iP Thread

Me too, shelving a small sample for another time - interested to hear about bio assays.

any first hand info on this???

imagine if it was as the name suggests, a cross between 2c-i and 2c-p

i know that makes no sense but one likes to dream

Haha actually it makes a little sense, consider DOEF which has a fluoroethyl group. The corresponding 2C is 2C-EF. DOEF is an example of an active PEA with a "cross"of an alkyl, ethyl, and a halogen, fluoride.

A cross between 2C-I and 2C-P could be 2,5-dimethoxy-4-(x-iodo-)propylphenylamine, the question of the x would be where to put the iodide. It's a lot bigger than the fluoride and IIRC that's what can make it likely to render the compound inactive (Too bulky and perhaps the electronegativity on top). I'd say the further away from the phenylring the more likely it's inactive?

Anyway just wanted to say it makes a little more sense than you might think. But still we probably wouldn't have a winner.

OK back to the actual 2C-iP then, the isopropyl. :)
I'm still curious about any similarity in effect to 2C-T-4, but any info is welcome.

ethylfluoride groups are known to emulate larger halogen substitutions. The main purpose of 2C-EF was for F radiolabelling IIRC.

Some European lab reported this about 2 years ago:

This compound has not been synthesised before. However its analogs were
mentioned :

(1) 1-(2,5-Dimethoxy-4-isopropylphenyl)-2-aminopropane
(Reference:F. A. B. Aldous, B. C. Barrass, K. Brewster, D. A. Buxton, D.
M. Green, R. M. Pinder, P. Rich, M. Skeels,
and K. J. Tutt / Structure-Activity Relationships in Psychotomimetic
Phenylalkylamines // Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 1974, Vol. I7, No.
10, pp 1100 – 1111)

2) 1-(2,5-Dimethoxy-4-isopropylphenyl)-2-aminobutane
(reference:Robert T. Standridge,* Henry G. Howell, Hugh A. Tilson, John H.
Chamberlain, Henry M. Holava, Jonas A. Gylys, Richard A. Partyka /
Phenylalkylamines with Potential Psychotherapeutic Utility. 2. Nuclear
Substituted 2-Amino-1-phenylbutanes, J. Med. Chem 1980, 23, 154-162).

Haha actually it makes a little sense, consider DOEF which has a fluoroethyl group. The corresponding 2C is 2C-EF. DOEF is an example of an active PEA with a "cross"of an alkyl, ethyl, and a halogen, fluoride.

A cross between 2C-I and 2C-P could be 2,5-dimethoxy-4-(x-iodo-)propylphenylamine, the question of the x would be where to put the iodide. It's a lot bigger than the fluoride and IIRC that's what can make it likely to render the compound inactive (Too bulky and perhaps the electronegativity on top). I'd say the further away from the phenylring the more likely it's inactive?

Anyway just wanted to say it makes a little more sense than you might think. But still we probably wouldn't have a winner.

OK back to the actual 2C-iP then, the isopropyl. :)
I'm still curious about any similarity in effect to 2C-T-4, but any info is welcome.

I seem to recall reading something in PIHKAL about the Iodine, Chlorine and Bromine atoms on the 4 position of the 2,5,DMPEA molecule being terminal and hence not being able to adjust them (something to do with electrochemical properties, though my knowledge is somewhat limited), though for some reason Flourine doesn't appear to work in the same way, hence being able to add it to an ethyl group ala. 2C-EF. I could be wrong, my knowledge of chemistry is as of now slightly limited. I just remember seeing some discussion of this.

No that's not really how it works. All simple 4-halogen substitutions like 2C-I, 2C-B, 2C-C and 2C-F have are a dead end since you cap it off directly with a halogen that cannot bond any more than just the once.
In cases such as 2C-T-21 or 2C-EF there are primarily substitutions that offer more options for bonding. 2C-EF should be seen as basically 2C-E with at one position a fluoride that hangs alongside the ethyl (E). 2C-T-21 is the same as 2C-EF but it has a sulfur first, thén the ethyl, thén on the ethyl a fluoride.
If you start thinking from a 4-alkyl or 4-thioalkyl PEA, then you can take that alkyl part and put a halogen on it somewhere bonding to one of the carbons the alkyl is made up of:

2C-D = methyl = 1 carbon, having 3 positions free for bonding all on that same carbon. 2C-TFM is a perfect example: all 3 positions are taken by fluorides.
(This can work because fluoride is small, 3 iodines on that carbon may not be possible, they are so big it would be WAY too crowded by the space the electron clouds around the iodines take up)
2C-E = ethyl = 2 carbons, having 5 positions free for bonding (consider it a methyl having 3 positions, but 1 position is taken by another methyl leaving 2 left but adding 3 by the terminal carbon)
2C-P = propyl = 3 carbons, having 7 positions free for bonding. (2+2+3).
2C-iP = isopropyl = 3 carbons, also having 7 positions free for bonding (1+(3+3)).

2C-T corresponds with 2C-D with a sulfur jammed inbetween right at the PEA para position.
2C-T-2 corresponds with 2C-E with a sulfur jammed inbetween right at the PEA para position.
2C-T-7 corresponds with 2C-P with a sulfur jammed inbetween right at the PEA para position.
2C-T-4 corresponds with 2C-iP with a sulfur jammed inbetween right at the PEA para position.

There is more if you also count butyl with 4 carbons and isobutyl with those 4 carbons in different configuration... but that's sketchy territory. I've heard people say the isobutyl substituted version of mescaline would be something curious to try.

Anyway, the chems I just listed all have carbons that make up the alkyl part which have places free for halogens. Fluorides remain the best bet because they aren't much bigger than the hydrogen which is normally positioned at all those carbon bonding sites, it mostly changes the place in the molecule where the most electrons are concentrated sort of like a magnet.
You could start hanging bromo or chloro groups around those alkyl parts of the chems I listed but I repeat my initial suspicion: that would probably make it all way too bulky (too big), compared to alkyl chains halogens are quite large indeed.

Its gonna be interesting as what comes back on the reagent test from bunkpolice.Ill let you guys know the results when ever I do it.I thought it was odd when i was seeing if there was anything in the shulgin index about it and there wasnt but there was little note about 4c-ip.

Reagent tests are not conclusive, they are deductive and indicative. Unless I am misinterpreting what bunkpolice does but I don't think so.
I've got some of this material - also it seems that AFAIK there was only 1 synth in the last couple of years so it's all from the same source. Unless someone would have reason to lie to you about it, for novelty value but it seems unlikely. Also I thought that source was a reputable and professional one but obviously I won't go into it. If it matters a lot to people I could get it lab tested. But there are plenty of other compounds I really want to have tested and I'm sorry to say I always forget to submit samples during the very short window of time to do that.

I just want to see what it comes back as.I know they arent conclusive its just nice to run things threw a test kit if its available.I have no doubt that its what it says it is.

Does anyone have any further reports/information on this substance?

Last edited by a moderator:
No price talk, avoid mentioning vendors insofar as it is possible. In any case, the original post said that this may be finding its way into the wild.

~Never

I am sure the posts will start flooding in soon :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I'm also interested by reviews, dosages and comments ;)

Going to have some (250mg) in 3 - 4 days :)