Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 2C-I Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
2C-I: Tolerance?

What is the tolerance effect of 2c-i? Is it like acid, where you can't use it every day and have to wait about 3 days for it to work again? Or is there no tolerance, a long-term tolerance, or some other mechanism?

Thanks.

It is not nearly as well researched as LSD, but from what I can tell there are a few days of tolerance. However I have waited as little as 48 hours between trips and not noticed a huge tolerance effect.

I tired my first 20mg of 2ci..... at home.... it was my first "introduction" to 2c* family... and I found it, like MGS said:

"Anyway, I don't personally find 2C-I all that visual either."

"But the other effects I get from the drug (the deep introspection, the empathy for those I take it with, the general warm glow, its "clear-headed" effect, etc) are wonderful."

I argee with MGS.

It was a nice mellow relaxing experience, in fact I enjoyed it, as I was home alone watching a Kiwi/New Zealand maroi movie called "Whale Rider" while I was on 2ci, and I found it made me very emotionally attached/more empathy toward the maoris and whales and their customs.

It made me cry a bit.... as it's very unusual for me to cry in movies hehe... but I wasn't depressed/sad crying, it was like a joy/happiness cry... hard to explain.

It was just one of the most beautiful movie I have ever seen for a long time, and is it normal for people who consume 2ci makes them more "emotionally senstive"? in a good way I mean?

One thing I noticed about this 2ci.... the come up was strange, I mean it came up slowly and glently in waves then *BOOM* and was mildly peaking, and I was soo sucked into the movie that I forgot I was tripping! Also I was mildly anxious for the first hour or two, because I wasn't really know what to "expect", and I was mildly confused and had mild tired/yawning/nervous type of feeling, until I was tripping and felt so great.

Visuals were very mild, but it really enchanced the beautiful colours of the countryside/whales/and the landscape of New Zealand.....

I would actually prefer 2ci over LSD for mild relaxing effects just chilling out at home or whatever like going for walk, watching the sun rising, have good meaningful chat with close friends. But I would rather LSD for visuals and intense expereince doing silly things depending on the mood/setting.

Don't abuse this stuff!

Its nice and take things in moderation. ;)

i'm surprised at everyone's lack of heavy trips on 2ci, granted, i've only done 2ci once at 17.5mg, but I tripped HARD. incredible visuals. It was probably equivalent to how hard I would trip on 4 hits of strong acid. I wanted to tone down some of the body energy, and think I would actually find my sweet spot to be about a couple milligrams lower. Does anyone else think that 2ci is a powerful entheogen?

treefingers49 said:
Does anyone else think that 2ci is a powerful entheogen?

It's not as deep or powerful as 2C-E, but 2C-I is definitely an excellent entheogen. I find 16mg plenty for me to reach a great introspective headspace and a full plus-three. While the visuals of 2C-I fall a little short of 2C-B, they are still quite beautiful and rich. I liked it best in the day, and can recall many wonderful times. Sadly, I get bad headaches with 2C-I so I pretty much won't take it anymore. But I'm glad for the times I had.

I enjoy very low doses of 2C-I myself. I generally take 2-3mg for a nice introspective (yet highly manageable) four hour experience. Of course, such a small dose does not produce much in the way of visuals, but it can produce some useful insights, as well as a greater appreciation of beauty and feeling of being more in harmony with the world around me. :) The aphrodisiac effect is nice, too.

I've tried higher (yet still relatively low - 10mg) doses, but find the body load to be a little bit too unpleasant.

"Does anyone else think that 2ci is a powerful entheogen?"

I do, in fact it's the only substance with which I've had a religious experience. Well, it's not that 2c-i is specifically entheogenic as such, but it seems to fit my taste really well with it's psychological signature; emotionally warming and cognitively stimulating without overwhelming visuals or psychosomatic side effects (though many people will disagree on that one). It also seems to cause strong synesthesia or blending of sensory, cognitive and emotional quanta into a single experience, which I believe is also the basis for the experience of oneness.

you know that tiny little flickering muscle twitch you get above your eye sometimes, i've found that after 2c-i trips they are more pronounced and last longer.

Is it just me or do the dosages of 2c-i seem to increase drastically since it's becoming more popular? i for one require a rather heavy dose, say 25 mg, but I really can't see how anyone with even a hint of sanity left would take 100 mg of 2c-i. I've heard other people say it's probably just the quality that's becoming less and i never actually beleived that was the reason, but after seeing what insane doses people are taking (100mg??? Jeez!) I'm getting some doubts. I always require far above-average doses of drugs to get the same effects as others, but I think 25 mg is more the enough for a very decent trip.

Another theory is that some people are doing this drug A LOT, and building up a tolerance....

i think some people just take way too many psychedelic drugs period. i'm sure that it is affecting the amount of drugs needed to achieve any effects.

I took 2C-I again for the first time in a couple months the other day. I had tried a few other materials in the meantime. Coming back to 2C-I after trying 2C-E and some other stronger substances really made clear to me how mild 2C-I is, relatively speaking. It's really a pleasant little drug.

In some ways it feels now like a "beginner" psychedelic that I don't really need to do again. In other ways, though, it feels like a nice, uncomplicated substance that I could imagine doing on more casual occasions (need to watch out for that urge) and introducing to psychedelic novices.

In other words I guess it seems like the most basic material in my "toolkit" that is nonetheless worth keeping.

Hey guys, I tried doing a search for this today, but couldn't find it, so I thought here would be a good idea.

When ingested nasally, how long does it take you all to start tripping? I have the correct dosage and all measured out, I just want to know what to expect. Within 10 minutes? 30?

Thanks.

If you are willing to abide with 20 minutes of burning in your nose, and a drip that sucks for 10 minutes, snorting 2c-i is definitely the way to go. BE CAREFUL WITH DOSAGES if you decide to do it, because it can become a dangerous dosage with over 15 mg insuffilated. But the visuals are more intense, the trip more severe, all in all more entertaining.

I tried my highest dose to date of 2C-I the other day, 30mg. It was my second most annoying trip ever. Mostly the problem was set and setting -- I underestimated the strength of that dose, based on my 24mg dose having seemed surprisingly mild, and planned to try to do some writing, but I ended up WAY to far gone for anything like that, and just got frustrated and depressed.

30mg of 2C-I was really ego-withering, equivalent to at least 4-5 hits of acid in terms of how little I was able to direct myself. Yet the visuals were really pretty disappointing (could be because I was distracted and unhappy), consisting mostly of light patterning and a foggy "sheen" on everything. If I'd been more relaxed it might still have been a great entheogenic experience -- but my opinion of 2C-I visuals is definitely reduced.

Oh, and blood clotting is definitely an issue at this dose. I got a TINY booboo on my pinky finger, which didn't even register any pain, but ended up with a softball-sized bloodstain on my shirt.

My first batch of 2C-I seemed to yield fun and at least semi-visual trips at just 12-16mg. Then, the first few trips with my current batch were much less interesting, even at 24mg. I assumed this was either tolerance, or a less pure batch. Purity is still a possible culprit, but now I think it was a combination of tolerance, and the fact that 2C-I is just not as interesting now that I've tried several other materials, notably 2C-E and LSD.

Anyway, this trip had its upside, in convincing me to finally take a break from psychs for a while. Hooray for sobriety!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's strange about the blood clotting... I have pretty thin blood anyway, so I'll have to be extremely careful when I do 2C-I.

the blood clotting thing is true. a friend of mine did 2c-i for her second time during one of her "cycles" and was having more than a few problems with it. made it very hard for her to have as much fun as she should have had. so that's something you should all keep in mind if you're doing it with your significant other, or even just some random girl: make sure she's not on her period ;[ hey, it's yucky, but it could ruin both of your nights

I'm not sure I like the idea of a drug that makes your blood so thin - especially at the doses I take. That's kind of scary...

Well damn, last night I finally did 2C-I.. Wasn't quite what I expected. Got a nice headache now.. :(

Visually, it's good. Eyecandy is the word. But I don't think it's that euphoric. I found 5-MeO-AMT to be more euphoric.. I really don't know what the hell people are talking about when they compare this to an MDMA buzz. That's crazy.. I don't get how this can be a popular "party drug" either.

Maybe I didn't got my dosage right.. ~12 mg is what I took, but found the stimulation and muscle tightness, together with the disgruntled stomach and headache, certainly not worth a bigger dose. Next time I'll try it, it'll be around the 5 mg.

Status
Not open for further replies.