• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy Basic LSD (acid) Questions Thread (First archived 10-31-07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're worried about it, it might not be a good idea to try it at this point. It's probably better to wait until you have a clear frame of mind, because even the slightest worry or concern could have a profound effect on your trip.

At the end of the day, when it comes to your mindset, your trip is what you make of it.

I've been an adament smoker for a long time, and my first acid trip was completely without weed. In fact, I chose not to smoke while people were busy taking a Jamaican shower in the next room. It took some serious willpower, but it was one of the most thoughtful, meaningful trips I've ever had.

Merged weed/LSD question obviously. I'm a heavy weed smoker, but on LSD the act of smoking seems really impure and dirty; I tend to get a blocked chest and nose as well, so I like to wait until the afterglow sets in and smoke my brain out- or rather, back in. :)

It could result in a negative experience; but I think that the clarity that LSD usually birngs about could help you combat the weed stuff on a more subconsious level. I have done that breifly with DMT. If you think ita going to be a problem, I'd wait. Patience is a virtue my firned. :) I personally wouldn't trip without all my essentials, and thats weed too whether I plane on smoking her or not. Always better prepared then nto.

I am a daily smoker, and for a while I wouldn't trip without weed. Nowadays, however, I find myself not even smoking a lot of the time, or forgetting about it until I'm starting to come down. Despite weed making things more euphoric and visual generally (and in times of anxiety it can help me calm down), I really find that it reduces the clarity of the psychedelic state I'm in. With trips that turn out recreational, I usually smoke. But whenever I find myself in a trip that is really getting my mind going, I refrain from smoking until the come down.

Personally I'd say go for it. If you want. I can't imagine you'd end up having a bad experience, maybe just not quite the same as you're used to.

Thanks guys ! I think ill be fine :)

Clarity is required.

Random Fact: Time Traveler shares the same birthday as Timothy Leary.

time traveler said:
Howdy ! Just a quick question. Has anyone here who smokes weed tripped without it ? Basically i am taking one blotter no matter what this weekend. Only problem is the green connection is dry. I have weened myself from psychological dependance, and not having it doesnt bother nearly as much as it once did.

I have never tripped without it and i am just concerned that not having it this time could be enough to initiate a bad trip under the influence. Who knows, it could give me more clarity - your opinions please ?

i've noticed sometimes with acid, weed doesn't make a stunning difference in the way i feel. at times it feels like i'm just kind of wasting it, that i'd feel the same either way. i'm not sure how true this actually is, but... you know.

Random Fact: Time Traveler shares the same birthday as Timothy Leary.

Fuck, you must be like 80 something right? ;)

how long does it take acid to decay to a noticeable amount if stored in a dark, moisture free, room temperature place?

^ I can say definitely NOT a year. I have some vintage LSD tabs and they never seemed to lose any potency a year after I got them.

if blair of toolband.com fame is to be believed, he stored some away for around 20 years to no ill effect.

IIRC, LSD slowly degrades into iso-LSD at room temperature, even without light or moisture. But like I said, it should be slow. Try to keep it in a cool place that won't get hot.

LSD is destroyed by air, light, and heat. If you store it away from each of those, it should theoretically preserve indefinately.

jaroben said:
source for light and air destroying LSD?
There's plenty of data on LSD online, I'm going with the more obvious ones:

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/tihkal/tihkal26.shtml

wikipedia said:
LSD is sensitive to oxygen, ultraviolet light, and chlorine, especially in solution, though its potency may last years if it is stored away from light and moisture at low temperature.

i can only protect it from air and light. is heat a big factor?
My guess is you'll be pretty much fine storing it at room temperature, although don't be expecting for it to store for years that way (though I'm guessing that's not your goal anyway).

sorry if this has been asked before, but is there any way of losing your tolerance any faster than just waiting?

^ I'm afraid there really isn't. I would say it's not that wise to trip that often anyway.

Rate of LSD degregation

How fast does LSD degrade when exposed to heat?

I'd be curious about the answer to that question in general circumstances.

My mate picked up a cube of some potent LSD in a festival. A week later, keeping the two cubes he had left, they had little effect when we ingested them.

Does LSD change stucture that quickly?

Status
Not open for further replies.