• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The "Best" widely recommended Ayahuasca brew for groups?

temeculove420

Greenlighter
My buddy Oscar(literally, this isnt a SWIM reference) has 2kg shredded MHRB and another 2kg whole MHRB. Oscar has a group of yoga friends that have collectively expressed interest in trying the good brew. Oscar & his friends have all spent a good amount of time researching proper application techniques, and have visited the elves multiple times through freebasing.

Oscar is now looking for some help on brewing enough for anywhere from 5 to 8 psychonauts. He seems to be overwhelmed with the abundance of recipes & is not sure as to which one he should go for. He's also aware that he will need to pick up some additional plant material, but again would like to have clarification on what is recommended.

We both appreciate any and all feedback that you can give!

What MAOi were you thinking of using? In terms of plant sources, banisteriopsis caapi is the traditional ayahuasca vine, but Syrian rue (peganum harmala) may be easier to obtain. I've only used b. caapi myself, with either psychotria viridis or extracted DMT.

I'm not sure I can really recommend a recipe as such, so I'll leave that to someone else.

Definitely go with caapi for the harmala source. The red vine from Hawaii seems to have the most of the THH that is sought after. Look into the dmtnexus or ayahuasca forums for admixtures and techniques to make a more gentle brew.

I know throwing in egg white or gelatin into your mimosa tea after brewing it should absorb the tannins, which cause a violent purge. Again check the dmt nexus you'll learn a lot there honestly more than here as that is their focus.

Have you all used psychedelics or ayahuasca in the past? Ayahuasca is very controlling and immersive.

From my past experience I have learned:
-Many of the social and emotional walls protecting individuals innermost thoughts and feelings might fail. You can't expect you'll keep any secrets from the people you are with.
-When in groups if an individual has some type of emotional crisis whomever else is less experienced might also have an emotional crisis.
-You'll want to have some activity planed. Talking and moving won't be options during the peak. Non-vocal tribal music is amiable.
-Westerners often respond badly when they vomit and defecate on themselves in public. They are vain people like that. Expect it might happen. Show confidence and support them. Place your hand on their shoulder, accept them as they are, and be trust worthy.
-Have music, food, bottled water, and blankets/pillows available from the beginning.
-People have more intense trips in public.

Ayahuasca recipe:
10g/person powdered mimosa hostilis inner root bark from South or Central America
3g/person powdered syrian rue from India
Several lemons
Distilled water

-Add all of the mimosa powder, half of the syrian rue, and some lemon juice into several cups of boiling distilled water.
-Simmer this mixture about 20 minutes then cool the mixture.
-Let the solids settle out about 30 minutes then decant the liquid on top into another container.
-Combine additional distilled water with the solids and repeat the first three steps.
-Combine and boil down the decanted liquids so each dose fits in a large shot glass.

-Repeat the above steps with the remaining syrian rue.

-On an empty stomach drink one shot of syrian rue then about 10 minutes later drink one shot of the mimosa/syrian rue mixture.

Warning! After having the cops called when someone oded on psychedelics I never consume psychedelics with others. I am always the sober person. Nobody ever knows before they do these things, but they happen. I recommend experimenting with smoking DMT first so you minimize this type of risk.

Last edited:
Definitely go with caapi for the harmala source. The red vine from Hawaii seems to have the most of the THH that is sought after. Look into the dmtnexus or ayahuasca forums for admixtures and techniques to make a more gentle brew.

I know throwing in egg white or gelatin into your mimosa tea after brewing it should absorb the tannins, which cause a violent purge. Again check the dmt nexus you'll learn a lot there honestly more than here as that is their focus.

I posted this on DMT Nexus, but it keeps getting thrown into the For FAQ's Sake thread because my young account. Im still trying to find a reliable Caapi source that I can use Bitcoin to purchase with, but aside from that Im really just looking for the brew recipe.

Have you all used psychedelics or ayahuasca in the past? Ayahuasca is very controlling and immersive.

From my past experience I have learned:
-Many of the social and emotional walls protecting individuals innermost thoughts and feelings might fail. You can't expect you'll keep any secrets from the people you are with.
-When in groups if an individual has some type of emotional crisis whomever else is less experienced might also have an emotional crisis.
-You'll want to have some activity planed. Talking and moving won't be options during the peak. Non-vocal tribal music is amiable.
-Westerners often respond badly when they vomit and defecate on themselves in public. They are vain people like that. Expect it might happen. Show confidence and support them. Place your hand on their shoulder, accept them as they are, and be trust worthy.
-Have music, food, bottled water, and blankets/pillows available from the beginning.
-People have more intense trips in public.

Ayahuasca recipe:
10g/person powdered mimosa hostilis inner root bark from South or Central America
3g/person powdered syrian rue from India
Several lemons
Distilled water

-Add all of the mimosa powder, half of the syrian rue, and some lemon juice into several cups of boiling distilled water.
-Let the solids settle out about 30 minutes then decant the liquid on top into another container.
-Combine additional distilled water with the solids and repeat the first three steps.
-Combine and boil down the decanted liquids so each dose fits in a large shot glass.

-On an empty stomach drink one shot of syrian rue then about 10 minutes later drink one shot of the mimosa/syrian rue mixture.

Warning! After having the cops called when someone oded on psychedelics I never consume psychedelics with others. I am always the sober person. Nobody ever knows before they do these things, but they happen. I recommend experimenting with smoking DMT first so you minimize this type of risk.

Thank you so much! Some questions on your direction:

To answer your last inquiry first, we have all smoked DMT before. I would not recommend this to anyone who doesnt have prior experiences.

Would you recommend Rue over Caapi?

-Several lemons
Would you say lemons over pure lemon concentrate?

How many cups per person would you recommend? Should I just dump everything into one large pot, or boil individually?

Do I add the dry ingredients into the already-boiling water, and then reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes, and then cool? Can I speed up the cooling process (freezer/fridge/icebath) or do I have to let it cool to the touch in open-air?

Do I add the half syrian rue (15g assuming Im making a batch for 10 people) to the original MHRB/SR mixture, or do I just simmer the the SR down by itself?

Would you recommend Rue over Caapi?

I have only used syrian rue. Different sources of MAOI have different chemical composition. The effects might vary depending on the source.

-Several lemons
Would you say lemons over pure lemon concentrate?

I use fresh lemons because they lack whatever additives exist in refined products.

How many cups per person would you recommend? Should I just dump everything into one large pot, or boil individually?

I never measured. Several cups of distilled water should suffice. I boil all the mimosa/syrian rue mixture in one batch.

Do I add the dry ingredients into the already-boiling water, and then reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes, and then cool? Can I speed up the cooling process (freezer/fridge/icebath) or do I have to let it cool to the touch in open-air?

I add the ingredients while the distilled water is gently boiling. Hot or cold, the amount of gunk you separate out increases over time.

Do I add the half syrian rue (15g assuming Im making a batch for 10 people) to the original MHRB/SR mixture, or do I just simmer the the SR down by itself?

Prepare half of the syrian rue separately and keep this separate. This allows partial staggering of the administration of the MAOI.

^FWIW, I've found b. caapi to have more pronounced effects when consumed (without DMT) when contrasted with Syrian rue. Syrian rue may provide a blanker canvas for one to feel the effects of DMT.

Of course, that's conjecture; I've never used rue as a MAOi, and have only consumed it solo- it did very little IIRC.