• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The best starter Hallucinogen

I agree with most of the posts, mushrooms or LSD are both tried and true intros. My first was a couple tabs of LSD (guessing 125-150ug), I was only 17, and that was great. Years later, in 2002 about 2g dried mushies were even more cerebrally mind blowing. It changed my whole life with what felt like a massive download from a benevolent alien intelligence. Among other things, it told me of a paradigm shift/technological singularity that would happen in 2012. It ended up transpiring in line with the vision.

Nowadays there are a lot of new options. Some say 5-meo-mipt is a good beginners trip. My personal recommendation would be to start with MXE, and then once you get your MXE 'sea legs', try MXE with a small dose of a 4-subbed tryptamines or mushrooms, working your way up with each trip.

It is a little hard to explain without a detailed report, but basically I saw the convergence of technologies and evolving consciousness that would usher in a new world. 'Everything all at once' was one of the taglines I came out of it with. Like, being able to instantly summon any music or media ever made, or be able to contact anyone instantly through an increasingly hyper connected Internet. Another thing I kept saying during the trip, when people were asking was that it was going to be like a big worldwide celebration of life, culture, knowledge, all information that would ultimately enable the paradigm shift we are still realizing. A drug revolution that was also realized within that (silk road for instance blowing up enabling anyone connected to obtain any drug with the press of a few buttons, and when MXE and so many other new drugs penetrated the scene by 2012 I was like 'this is what I forsaw!). Pretty cool. I feel like 2012 was our generation's summer of love or 1969.

Last edited:
and then once you get your MXE 'sea legs', try MXE with a small dose of a 4-subbed tryptamines or mushrooms, working your way up with each trip.

I don't think it's a good idea to try your first psychedelic in combination with a dissociative. Combinations between dissociatives and classical psychedelics can be profoundly synergistic and at times overwhelming.

ebola

I think its not so much about the substance, but the dose and the right mindset.

The biggest problem for starters are their expectations. Even after reading and hearing reports nobody can have a clue, how psychedelics really feel and what will happen. Some people just expect mind blowing visuals and stuff. They think its like becoming alice in the wonderland, but don't think about how much hard work for the mind psychedelics can be. Others think the doors of perception will be opened, they will be flooded with wisdom and their live will eventually change for the positive.

After dropping the tab/mushrooms their is no real quick way to go back. Chances are there, that the feeling is not perceived as pleasant and that its overwhelming.

I think the handling of drugs in general has to be learned. Like nobody would suggest starting to drink by downing a hole bottle of liquor, the starting dose for psychedelics should be - in my eyes - at threshold level. The goal shouldn't be a "full blown trip", but more kind of a psychological allergy test. Is the feeling appealing to ones mind, then the dose can be easily increased the next time. But its not that easy to do it the other way around.

I don't think it's a good idea to try your first psychedelic in combination with a dissociative. Combinations between dissociatives and classical psychedelics can be profoundly synergistic and at times overwhelming.

ebola
Thanks for that and on second thought I agree. Both classes of drugs should be used separately before they are used together. I also should have clarified what a small dose would be to combine with MXE, like equivelant of < 1 gram of dried mushrooms.

If reccomend 2-CF or 2-CC. Maybe 2-CEF.

2CF is inactive.

And I don't think anybody has 2CEF currently available, so it's kind of pointless to suggest as a starter psychedelic, and I really don't think it sounds good for that anyway.

2CC is a good suggestion, though, as well as 2CD. Among the tryptamines, metocin or moxy are probably good for a start, but they were already mentioned. AL-LAD would also be a really great starter psychedelic, imo.

I think its not so much about the substance, but the dose and the right mindset.

The biggest problem for starters are their expectations. Even after reading and hearing reports nobody can have a clue, how psychedelics really feel and what will happen. Some people just expect mind blowing visuals and stuff. They think its like becoming alice in the wonderland, but don't think about how much hard work for the mind psychedelics can be. Others think the doors of perception will be opened, they will be flooded with wisdom and their live will eventually change for the positive.

After dropping the tab/mushrooms their is no real quick way to go back. Chances are there, that the feeling is not perceived as pleasant and that its overwhelming.

I think the handling of drugs in general has to be learned. Like nobody would suggest starting to drink by downing a hole bottle of liquor, the starting dose for psychedelics should be - in my eyes - at threshold level. The goal shouldn't be a "full blown trip", but more kind of a psychological allergy test. Is the feeling appealing to ones mind, then the dose can be easily increased the next time. But its not that easy to do it the other way around.
yep, i tend to agree.

i think there are quantitative factors like trip intensity or duration and many qualitative factors at play. i agree dmt is a candidate due to its short duration but, from an intensity factor, i think it's a terrible suggestion.

if somebody has no experience whatsoever, i'd suggest marijuana. at low doses, it's not hallucinogenic but relatively easy to control the dose, it's relatively short-lived and a relatively gentle intro to an altered state of of consciousness.

if somebody has experience with pot but no other drugs, i'd go with the suggestion of a low dose mushroom trip. you can always start small and, a couple of hours in, if it's going well, re-up.

alasdair

I also think that a low dose of mushrooms would be ideal, if set and setting is right, but no more than 1.5g of dried cubensis. short duration, not too hard on the body, and at low doses I think not too challenging for most. with LSD it is a bit more hit and miss, because half a tab of a weak blotter can be underwhelming, but a whole strong dose can be too much.

I like giving first timers 4-HO-MiPT, similar feel & duration to mushrooms, but way mellower headspace, not so dark/edgy, easier to handle even for those who are very sensitive...but while being easier to handle than mushrooms, still also fully psychedelic, so they get a true taste of the psychedelic experience. However my first time was with mushrooms, alone in my room at night, when I was 16, I still had an amazing time, felt better than I ever had in my life before then.

Last edited:
I concur with those recommending AL-LAD. Everyone (including psych newbies) that I have recommended it to absolutely loves it. I have done it over 20 times now and have not had a negative experience at all. Where as on mushrooms or 4-aco-dmt, I give myself a 50% chance at digging up some uncomfortable rubbish in the back of my mind.

Granted, doing a deep clean of the soul can be very beneficial, with mushrooms/4acodmt I often find myself lost in my own mind about stuff that really does not matter when I come back to reality.

At music festivals, mushrooms can be a bit overwhelming. Tens of thousands of people can be a bit scary. AL-LAD keeps you a bit more mentally grounded and IMO would be easier for a newbie.

I am kind of a pussy when it comes to psychs - my favorite dose is anywhere between 150-225mg. For new people, it depends on their experience - If they have never done any psychs before, then I start them with 75-100ug, if they wanna jump in I tell them to take 150ug.

150ug is very forgiving, manageable and quite fun. Unlike mushrooms, for me, it is actually a lot of fun to be in public interacting with the world. People may be able to tell that you are on something, but you can easily pass off for being a little drunk or stoned.

I do not have a ton of RC experience but I have experimented with a lot of substances and I can say that AL-LAD is among my top three favorite drugs next to ethanol and above MDMA (just because it is so much easier on the brain body and mind).

I would say AL-LAD, 4-HO-MET, 2C-C/2C-D or even 4-HO-MiPT are great introduction and starter to psychedelics :)

2CF is inactive.

And I don't think anybody has 2CEF currently available, so it's kind of pointless to suggest as a starter psychedelic, and I really don't think it sounds good for that anyway.

2CC is a good suggestion, though, as well as 2CD. Among the tryptamines, metocin or moxy are probably good for a start, but they were already mentioned. AL-LAD would also be a really great starter psychedelic, imo.

2C-F gives threshold effects at about half a gram. One gram or more is enough for a good trip. 2C-EF is available if you make it yourself.

What's that saying again? Give a man a tab of acid & he might trip for half a day. Teach a man to pick wild psychedelic mushrooms & he'll trip every year.