Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The best starter Hallucinogen

Dr.oxy

Greenlighter
Good afternoon.

I would like to once again preface I am new to this site, and this being only my second post, please excuse me if I come across as an amateur to the overall flow to this site. Thank you.

So Hallucinogens have rose into prominence as of late, and the curiosity for them is ever expanding. However, many people are overwhelmed on where to start their hallucinogen endeavors.

Acid or shrooms is the easy choice, however I would like to argue on the side of a lesser known drug, DMT.

DMT is the best hallucinogen for newbies. I have tried acid, shrooms, DMT, mescaline, huffing, and much more. However after carefully comparing each, I now understand why DMT is so much superior not just as a starter hallucinogen, but possibly the only one you will ever need.

Unlike acid, mescaline, and shrooms where
you essentially take a single dose and you are gone, DMT is much easier to pace yourself with. You smoke it, usually laced with marijunna or Tabaco given its foul taste and smell. (A trick I leaned is to bite an apple after each hit.) After 1 traditional bong hit of DMT, you will receive a very spacey head and body high. This first hit is very comparable to sevaral hits of some loud pot.
After the second hit, your trip begins. Everyone is different of course, but for me, it was great. Walls melting, songs playing in my head at what seemed like full sound even though to room was completely silent, with the only sounds emitted being my friends gitty laughter. I specifically remember closing my eyes and seeing myself in 3rd person, much like a video game. After the third hit, you are gone, and what follows is the potential of a trip 3 times stronger than acid or shrooms.

This I called breaking through. Everything in the world as you know it is replaced with something else. While breaking through, I heard a loud screech, and what followed was absolutely beautiful. I will go into more detail in a trip report. (I have broken through once)

But there are also many other reasons why DMT is superior. The high lasts 30 minutes, so a bad trip is not as intimidating. I find you do not need a babysitter, however one may be still necesarry. You can pace yourself, as mentioned. Finally, it can all be easily produced in your kitchen, and there is no possible OD potential.

I did not find any con's besides the smell.

Sorry for another long one. Please provide thoughts and opinions.

I am really enjoying this forum. I hope I can get to know everyone and fit in quite well.

Thank you!

I think I would start might with a sativa weed laced brownie......I got a nice euphoric body high & pchedelic high as well.

Its definitely more sedating than LSD tho......

IMO/IME, LSD should be done in a desert like environment, wow what a trip that you will never forget.

Ime, I never had a bad trip on LSD, but did have a bad trip on shrooms.

Good points.

Just for personal expirence, I found DMT to be the most enjoyable

Welcome to bluelight Dr. Oxy :)

I see you've made a few posts now that don't exactly fit in BDD. It's not a big deal or anything but if you could please gloss over the guidelines and familiarize yourself with what is and isn't suitable for the sub-forum that would be greatly appreciated. You can view the BDD guidelines by either clicking the link in my signature or at the top of BDD. Psychedelic discussion belongs in PD so I'm gonna move this there for you.

BDD ~> PD

I think DMT is a good starter because it's much less commitment. If the user doesn't like it and their experience happens to suck, it's only gonna suck for 15 minutes max. After that they're mostly sober. I've had one of the most scary experiences in my life with dmt but I was able to come to my senses and feel fine five minutes later.

But the brevity of DMT doesn't allow for those hour-long, recursive thought loops, the development of abstract 'themes' for a trip, that a longer-acting drug does and which is part of the good side of psychedelics, those weird temporary insights that are utterly contextual and offer ineffeable. DMT is awesome because it is actually highly tolerable and quite difficult to have a terrible trip on (possible of course) but it doesn't allow for the development of the positive mid-term effects of dosing.

My first trip was with LSD and it was highly memorable; I had NO idea what to expect really, I took one strong hit at a big, rowdy house party- it was also my first date with a beautiful girl I had met a week earlier- terrible setting; some guy ended up vomiting what looked like blood. But I had the greatest experience, one that I treasure. I remember being overwhelmed with the idea of being a human, being this distinct parcel of the universe that didn't fall apart or turn into something else, but seemed solid and I could control it!

Hmm, anyway. Just saying that while DMT offers a lot, a longer lasting psychedelic can be also be a fantastic first experience. I wouldn't recommend a setting like my own, but I am really glad it was how my first time went down... :) If I were to suggest a first drug, it would probably be LSD.

Have you smoked, or vaped cannabis before? Try that, or eat a large dose of it when you have a lot of free time, and don't have to go anywhere as cannabis is a psychedelic. LSD in a high dose, and mushrooms are also very good. I have never used DMT and do not really want to but when I was into drugs I would frequently get psychedelic experiences from smoking, or at rare times eating cannabis or hash, and from LSD and mushrooms in all doses but I started out on high doses of both.

I have never tried DMT, although I would love to if I could get my hands on it :) . My first experience was with LSD. It was a great experience for me, absolutely unforgettable. But also on the other hand, mushrooms don't last as long but still offer a deep, insightful experience, without the 12+ hour trip(although I do prefer the longer acid trip). Shrooms might be the best starter psychedelic for most people IME. But hey, to each his own!!!!!

The longer trip gives you that feeling of history or something. When you remember something that happened 4 hours ago and it feels like years. Like there is a real structure, a coherent narrative being unfurled.

I've never tried it, but DMT (smoked) sounds like the best option for a first-timer due to its short duration.

I've had DPT numerous times and I would recommend that. It's short-acting and extremely euphoric. I would also strongly recommend 4-AcO-DMT - it's probably the smoothest, most refined feeling psychedelic I have ever taken.

2C-E is a strange one - it's wildly unpredictable, even for a psychedelic. Some people find it relaxing and gentle (I do); others find it overly intense.

One thing I would hesitate to recommend to a beginner is LSD. It's awesome stuff and it does feel really clean, but it seems to be responsible for more freakouts, meltdowns and lasting psychological problems than every other psychedelic put together.
I know it's often seen as the gold standard but LSD is actually a lot different to the other classical psychedelics. It functions as a 5HT agonist (like the others), but it's also a damn powerful dopamine agonist. In this rat brain study, LSD's affinity for D2 receptors was comparable to its affinity for 5HT2 receptors. It also has affinity for adrenergic receptors. All this makes acid one hell of a CNS stimulant.

Pure Salvia 180x extract!!
haha jk jk

I have never tried DMT but definitely going to.

i would assume something like shrums, where you could just have tiny amount to understand where it might lead, or maybe just to get comfortable with the style. altho idk how that would work seing is they would never know what its like (or better put, the DIFFERENCE) of a little and a lot of shrums haha. so yah DMT sounds like its probly the right choice.

My experience with shrums is more, i need to do a shit tone and hold on kinda thing. it gets rough on my body until i get past the first wave.

Ive seen a friend try shrums as his first and the rough intrusive onset caused him to freak in the uncertainty of safety i think. and he just had bad trip.

haha but maybe a Pure Salvia 20x or 40x?
Definitely no crude extract IMO.

Last edited:
Personally I would recommend LSD, or better yet AL-LAD to a psychedelic newbie. The lysergamides are very friendly.

DPT, 2C-E and 4-AcO-DMT are known for being potentially difficult - probably because they can get so deep.

Of the 2C-x's, 2C-B is a pretty good introduction to psychs. Of the 4-sub tryptamines probably 4-HO-MET.

I would recomend Psilosybin for a first timer. Mushrooms feel so natural and with proper respect will almost always produce an experience that is meaningful, leaving even unexperienced users with an over-all sense of well-being. Mushrooms opens the mind but rarely forces they user.

The key to any drug, but psychedelics esspecially, is to embrace the experience fully.

Once you stare the demon in the eye, accept it, you then can begin to experience the pleasure of pain, the excitement of fear, ect.

It can produce a realization of the spectrum of your phisycal and mental self that some people never conceptualize.a"nkind can move to transending beyond all ego, in to a place that all things exsist and this place is not described reasonably with human language.

I may have rambled a bit, but I say start with shrooms. I have done most psychedlics and they all have their unique effects. Starting with the all natural, "gift to mankind", is where I feel the best place to begin the ttttttrrrrrrriiiiippppppppppppp

Personally I would recommend LSD, or better yet AL-LAD to a psychedelic newbie. The lysergamides are very friendly.

DPT, 2C-E and 4-AcO-DMT are known for being potentially difficult - probably because they can get so deep.
No way is 4-AcO-DMT more 'potentially difficult' than LSD. 2C-E and DPT have a reputation for being difficult but NOT 4-AcO-DMT.

As euphoric as it is; I have yet to come across a more manic and chaotic psychedelic than acid. The intense stimulation and unique pharmacological profile make it a lot easier to fuck up on than other classic psychedelics.

Yeah acid is too heavy for starters, I still can't have a good trip unless I'm at a music festival. I think low doses of DPT or a couple shrooms mixed with a point of MDMA would be more suited for a beginner

me too! good mushrooms or any natural psychedelic I have found to be really intense. Usually people who have never done anything outside of alcohol and THC say they want shrooms over acid for their first time and I always recommend LSD if its good, they think maybe because its natural its safer/easier to handle....nope.

DMT is by far an experience everyone should have but I don't know for beginners that might be a little much even with the short duration as that come up is almost instantaneous and full blown.

I think LSD would be more flowy and mellow, but again we have a lot of opinions floating on this thread so...each to their own I guess.

But that jolt the MDMA would give the shrooms does sound pleasant.

well I didnt wanna read all of these, but I STRONGLY disagree with DMT as a starter...It is extremely overwhelming to most people, and in my experience has attitude. By that I mean that every time Ive done DMT it also has this feeling that its "angry" with me for doing it. Ntm, it literally made my roommate lose his mind or at least catalyzed the process.

Its such a hard drug to get or do and I think theres a reason for that; we're just not meant to.

I say the prime starting psychedelic would be 2CB or 4-AcO-DMT perhaps with MDMA. Contrary to most newbies beliefs, doing both together is more likely to be a positive and not overly intense experiences so long as doses are kept reasonable. If you can't get that then I'd say LSD or Mescaline. Mushrooms are great, but have a chaotic feel that can be scary to new and seasoned users alike as well as the fact that 2g of these mushrooms may be way stronger or weaker than 2g of these msuhrooms whereas with 2CB or 4-AcO-DMT, 15mg will always be 15mg so dosing is much more predictable as long as the newbie can get over the false idea that chemicals automatically mean something dangerous.