• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction The best filter for injection aside from a micron filter?

Well i can safely say your wrong. m from uk and friend of mine is on subutex (not suboxone) and has been for a long time.

No, I just didn't make myself clear, it was taken off the market and it wasn't used in drug treatment for nearly twenty years. It was relicensed in the early 2000's because they had carried on using it in other countries, particularly France, and there they had had great sucess with it as a substitute opiod in drug treatment. Want to argue about the damage it causes when you miss a hit too?

No, I just didn't make myself clear, it was taken off the market and it wasn't used in drug treatment for nearly twenty years. It was relicensed in the early 2000's because they had carried on using it in other countries, particularly France, and there they had had great sucess with it as a substitute opiod in drug treatment. Want to argue about the damage it causes when you miss a hit too?

Well im sorry but if you had said they had their licence withdrawn for treating drug dependancy then that would of avoided the confusion as buprenorphine tablets have been available for around 25 maybe 30 years in UK as low dose temgesic 200mcg and 400mcg tablets and was never withdrawn . Higher dose subutex was introduced around 1999-2001 here if my memory serves me correct.

And no i wasnt looking for or wanting an arguement about that as that was not my intention i was just stating bupe tablets was not withdrawn. If a prescriber wanted to give you them the option was their at the potential cost of them being struck off if tablets was misused. Yes injecting temgesic or subutex or suboxone is just foolish unless you have micron wheel filters even then its still deadly from tiny particles. So i agree with you totally on that one. Its not an advisable thing to do at all but microns are esentiall if you are going to do it .

Its all about the peace love and harm reduction

Last edited:
Well im sorry but if you had said they had their licence withdrawn for treating drug dependancy then that would of avoided the confusion as buprenorphine tablets have been available for around 25 maybe 30 years in UK as low dose temgesic 200mcg and 400mcg tablets and was never withdrawn . Higher dose subutex was introduced around 1999-2001 here if my memory serves me correct.

And no i wasnt looking for or wanting an arguement about that as that was not my intention i was just stating bupe tablets was not withdrawn. If a prescriber wanted to give you them the option was their at the potential cost of them being struck off if tablets was misused. Yes injecting temgesic or subutex or suboxone is just foolish unless you have micron wheel filters even then its still deadly from tiny particles. So i agree with you totally on that one. Its not an advisable thing to do at all but microns are esentiall if you are going to do it .

Its all about the peace love and harm reduction

I thought it was all about the harm reduction too which is why my post focused on the injecting behaviour and I simply illustrated my point with the fact that it had lost its license for drug treatment because people injected it. I am very familiar with Temgesic but if I had wanted a thread on the history of buprenorphine prescribing in the UK I would have started one and then you could have had a quick google and joined in. All you have managed to do is confuse a thread which was providing harm reduction advice in order to try and make yourself look clever. I am glad that you do agree with the most important point which is that injecting buprenorphine is not a good idea but at the risk of being provocative it is not just the fillers that are the problem, even if you use a wheel filter the solution itself is caustic and can cause deep ulceration if the hit is missed into surrounding tissue.
Peace, Love and common sense.

I thought it was all about the harm reduction too which is why my post focused on the injecting behaviour and I simply illustrated my point with the fact that it had lost its license for drug treatment because people injected it. I am very familiar with Temgesic but if I had wanted a thread on the history of buprenorphine prescribing in the UK I would have started one and then you could have had a quick google and joined in. All you have managed to do is confuse a thread which was providing harm reduction advice in order to try and make yourself look clever. I am glad that you do agree with the most important point which is that injecting buprenorphine is not a good idea but at the risk of being provocative it is not just the fillers that are the problem, even if you use a wheel filter the solution itself is caustic and can cause deep ulceration if the hit is missed into surrounding tissue.
Peace, Love and common sense.

Actually no i was not trying to make myself look clever at all I was just simply commenting on your original post that was incorrectly phrased. Its not my fault you phrased it wrong had you wrote what you ment in the first place then i would never of questioned your post. If i have confused this thread in anyway or talked about something unrelated to this then im sorry to op and will happily delete all my posts if ganked wants me to ?. Of course you make a good point that missing with an acidic solution is bad news as it absolutely is.

Peace love and apologies to all.

As far as im aware subutex tablets have a low enough ph as they are without making them more acidic that would be worse i think.

I use this method daily. And fyi <snip> i IV the bupe bc it extends it. Sublingual is like 30-50% while IV is 100%!! Thats why... i can make one 8mg last 3 days if needed and while im paying X a piece that really is necessary...

Last edited by a moderator:
Merged

I use this method daily. And fyi <snip> i IV the bupe bc it extends it. Sublingual is like 30-50% while IV is 100%!! Thats why... i can make one 8mg last 3 days if needed and while im paying X a piece that really is necessary...

Well although the BA is higher the duration is significantly shorter when IV'd compared to sublingual administration, so there is somewhat of a tradeoff for getting the higher BA.

Last edited:
SteriFilts, given in injection kits now in my province (we already had the securicup, wonder what took so long, the cotton side was decent for dilaudid but that's it.

If you have enough time to post on the internet and wait for responses before making your decision about how to inject, you have enough time to order some micron filters from a website and wait for them to be delivered to your house.

I don't know who you are talking to, but please get familiarized with what SteriFilts are. It's a wonderful workaround and several times cheaper than those wheel filters. SteriFilts were invented to shoot pills.

Even though this VERY well maybe an EXTREMELY old thread, I'm still gonna state not ONLY an opinion but the truth when filtering ANY KINDA OF Intravenous Drug first and foremost if you're going to use a cigarette filter do not use one that has been stuck in a cigarette due to the chemicals that are used in cigarette factories it is literally poison that you are washing out of that filter as you pull back on your syringe use only a clean cigarette filter one that is purchased in a cigarette or tobacco store for rolling your own if you must filter with or use a cigarette filter at all then please use or rather filter as follows if you don't have a micron filter or even if you have a micron filter, STILL filter. in the exact same order as follows : 1st filter using a sterile piece of cotton 2nd Use a clean unused cigarette filter, (double filter using the unused cigarette filter),3rd,(at least hopefully 3rd and finally), then use your micron filter. As far as for Heat, it WILL not only help to dissolve whatsoever it is that you're choosing to bang, it'll also help kill SOME bacteria as well as HELP other bacteria flourish due to the fact that SOME bacteria absolutely thrive Under heat any type of heat so just go with the heat thing solely at your own risk. I personally prefer cold water due to the fact that hardly any type of bacteria can thrive in cold climates it's the reason why hospitals keep their rooms and patients so freaking cold all the time the colder the better I hope this helps somebody out there.....